PDCA

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: PDCA

Postby Observer55 » Thu Jan 25, 2024 11:53 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:Comical scenes at the women’s game Monday night where the umpire fell to pieces.

During the Eastern Park innings Ray Ray was square leg and called a couple of no-balls above waist high, I was near mid wicket and he called them correctly yet the umpire seemed that they were on the way down and didn’t acknowledge the calls, Ray got a bit annoyed and asked if there any need for him to be out there.

Anyway, EP were all out on the last ball of the 19th over, it was going to be the last over due to time but being all out Westies were allowed the full compliment of 20 overs.

I was doing square leg and signalled to the ump twice that I thought the ball was above waist high, he suggested the ball was on its way down, there was a close one that I shook my head at and he came and said to me that I can call them if I think they’re too high. I said to him “hey mate, you’ve ignored me, you ignored the other fella when he was out here, you’re on your own from here”.

The game was getting tense, wickets were falling and runs were slowly getting there, I kept count using my over counter and did regular checks to my daughter via my watch, Westies needed 10 to win and they hit a 4, a single was taken and then another 4 was hit, Tamara was fielding close by so I was updating her, they then bowled a wide and it was relatively quiet on the hill, then the ump fired an lbw.

Apparently there was one run to win with 7 balls left, 1 wicket in hand when the batter gets bowled from a looping full toss where the umpire called no-ball, Ray Ray came on to the ground pissed off with the call as were all of Eastern Park and then the umpire gestured that I had called it to which they were saying no he didn’t, he then reversed his decision and gave her out which then led to mayhem for the next 20 minutes.

The topper was at the height of the mayhem the scorers tallied the books and my count was correct, Westies were up by a run which led to the next lot of rage, this time at each other, not at the umpire anymore.

Same umpire is often late, he didn’t even show up last game so Mossy and I done it without a hitch, although there must have been at least 6 people getting Uber eats delivered to the ground so we thought we were reprieved a few times, it was quite funny.

Also seen multiple games where by the overs are not completed in time (limited overs matches) and the penalty changes week to week. One week the side batting second only faces the same allotment of overs and innings comes to a close - open to be exploited, the next week a runs per over penalty, the third week the side batting second faces the same overs bowled in time but have to complete their allocated overs?

How can ‘interpretations’ vary so greatly from round 4 to round 15? These actually have dramatic implications on Net Run Rates and ability to earn performance points. How can two games in the same week be played to two different rules? And the ‘you’re good enough not to worry about it’ attitude that’s comes from the umpires is simply not good enough.
Observer55

Has liked: 42 times
Been liked: 1 time

Postby The Bedge » Thu Jan 25, 2024 3:22 pm

OKC! wrote:I was wrong about finals.

0/2 on rules. We did have it confirmed before I spoke about it on here by a member though.

My bad. have to win from 4th now.

Partly wrong / right - was changed Wednesday night at the delegates meeting following backlash and a vote from clubs i'm told.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3193 times
Been liked: 4003 times

Postby daysofourlives » Thu Jan 25, 2024 6:05 pm

At least you dont have an umpire that is trying to enforce your slow over rate rules from PDCA in another comp which doesnt have them at all(BLCA) :D

He actually got away with it last Saturday and probably cost someone a double century
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2423 times
Been liked: 1660 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby The Bedge » Mon Jan 29, 2024 8:34 am

NEK and Enfield now eliminated from the LO1 race. Vista with a huge win over Units has them in the box seat now to finish 4th, but Hazara are close behind.

Interesting match Saturday against Adelaide Union - second time this season another club has called me a cheat.. Guy took a catch on the boundary, stood there and was inspected, they claimed the catch but was (IMO) 6... argument ensured over whether the boundary is curved between cones or a straight line. Apparently in these situations i'm supposed to just take the word of the fielder if he claims the catch, who cares about the rules. :roll:

Fortunately, there was a PDCA representative there, so I just called him over and told him to make the call - he called 6.. and I copped plenty from them... especially when I no balled the bowler next delivery for a ball aimed at his head.

One of the more interesting moments though came in the 2nd innings, when after drinks a B grader came to sub field (we played with 10) and their captain came on the ground and refused to allow a sub fielder. Talk about sheep stations.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby auto » Mon Jan 29, 2024 8:45 am

The Bedge wrote:NEK and Enfield now eliminated from the LO1 race. Vista with a huge win over Units has them in the box seat now to finish 4th, but Hazara are close behind.

Interesting match Saturday against Adelaide Union - second time this season another club has called me a cheat.. Guy took a catch on the boundary, stood there and was inspected, they claimed the catch but was (IMO) 6... argument ensured over whether the boundary is curved between cones or a straight line. Apparently in these situations i'm supposed to just take the word of the fielder if he claims the catch, who cares about the rules. :roll:

Fortunately, there was a PDCA representative there, so I just called him over and told him to make the call - he called 6.. and I copped plenty from them... especially when I no balled the bowler next delivery for a ball aimed at his head.

One of the more interesting moments though came in the 2nd innings, when after drinks a B grader came to sub field (we played with 10) and their captain came on the ground and refused to allow a sub fielder. Talk about sheep stations.
Did we establish theres only a top 4? And not a top 5 in the 10 team divisions?

Sent from my SM-J530Y using Tapatalk
auto
League - Top 5

Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 29 times
Grassroots Team: Fitzroy

Postby The Bedge » Mon Jan 29, 2024 9:01 am

auto wrote:Did we establish theres only a top 4? And not a top 5 in the 10 team divisions?

Top 4.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby auto » Mon Jan 29, 2024 9:14 am

Dang, we might be in trouble.

Sent from my SM-J530Y using Tapatalk
auto
League - Top 5

Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 29 times
Grassroots Team: Fitzroy

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Jan 29, 2024 12:45 pm

Hey @OKC, how did Patel bowl?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4347 times
Been liked: 7926 times

Postby OKC! » Mon Jan 29, 2024 1:50 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:Hey @OKC, how did Patel bowl?

Well (x6)
The secret impresses no one. The trick you use it for is everything.
OKC!
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 42 times
Grassroots Team: Pooraka

Postby Brodlach » Sat Feb 17, 2024 8:40 pm

From SA Footballer

Nice bowling Bedge 6 x 6’s in an over :lol:

PIE THROWER OF THE DAY AWARD GOES TO MATT BEDGEGOOD FROM ENFIELD UNITED
Enfield United Community Cricket

Mofflin Reserve, has seen some great feats in both football and cricket. Today was another as a Units batsman, smashed 6’s around the immediate post codes. Some balls went into suburbs 3 post codes away.

Mofflin is where Shaun “Dutchy” Hollland has 2 statues in his honour. Those less fortunate in sporting ability can pray beneath Dutchys statue, for guidance and for the great man to send those praying some ability.

Well Matt Bedgegood was seen on his knees praying beneath the statue of the great “Dutchy” Holland for 2 hours after the game. He was praying for just a “modicum” of sporting ability. Dutchy ignored his prayers.

Bedgie had just seen the “pies” that he bowls, smashed out of Mofflin Reserve 6 times in an over by Bradley Woodward. Yep 36 in an over were smashed off Bedgie’s bowling.

Bedgie “pies” went for 66 off just 6 overs, including the 36 from one over. Bradley Woodward made 69 off just 5.1 overs from Bedgie’s horrific bowling.

Woodward was heard to be yelling at the Enfield United captain “to bring Bedgie on from both ends”. Woodward had worked out that just one more over of “Bedgie’s pies” and he’d have his century.

Photo of Bedgie with Bradley Woodward. Thanks to Matthew Sydney Laird, who took great delight in sending us this story.
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby The Bedge » Sat Feb 17, 2024 8:51 pm

Actually thought I bowled ok… 8) :lol:
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Brodlach » Sat Feb 17, 2024 8:55 pm

You’re a legend Bedge! Love the way you can take the piss out of yourself
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Sat Feb 17, 2024 9:28 pm

They were tough conditions for bowling.

Have to laugh, otherwise you cry.. what hurts more is coming home and having a house full of women and kids tell me I’m rubbish :lol:
The Bedge
Coach

Postby carey » Mon Feb 19, 2024 6:39 am

Brodlach wrote:From SA Footballer

Nice bowling Bedge 6 x 6’s in an over :lol:

PIE THROWER OF THE DAY AWARD GOES TO MATT BEDGEGOOD FROM ENFIELD UNITED
Enfield United Community Cricket

Mofflin Reserve, has seen some great feats in both football and cricket. Today was another as a Units batsman, smashed 6’s around the immediate post codes. Some balls went into suburbs 3 post codes away.

Mofflin is where Shaun “Dutchy” Hollland has 2 statues in his honour. Those less fortunate in sporting ability can pray beneath Dutchys statue, for guidance and for the great man to send those praying some ability.

Well Matt Bedgegood was seen on his knees praying beneath the statue of the great “Dutchy” Holland for 2 hours after the game. He was praying for just a “modicum” of sporting ability. Dutchy ignored his prayers.

Bedgie had just seen the “pies” that he bowls, smashed out of Mofflin Reserve 6 times in an over by Bradley Woodward. Yep 36 in an over were smashed off Bedgie’s bowling.

Bedgie “pies” went for 66 off just 6 overs, including the 36 from one over. Bradley Woodward made 69 off just 5.1 overs from Bedgie’s horrific bowling.

Woodward was heard to be yelling at the Enfield United captain “to bring Bedgie on from both ends”. Woodward had worked out that just one more over of “Bedgie’s pies” and he’d have his century.

Photo of Bedgie with Bradley Woodward. Thanks to Matthew Sydney Laird, who took great delight in sending us this story.

Not sure how i got involved in this, but i was copping more sh!t than Bedge! WTF :D
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2809 times
Been liked: 2997 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby The Bedge » Mon Feb 19, 2024 8:37 am

carey wrote:Not sure how i got involved in this, but i was copping more sh!t than Bedge! WTF :D

I have no idea how you got involved lol, Hosie's love infatuation of you worrying. :lol:
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Mon Feb 19, 2024 8:58 am

Definitely a day I'd rather forget.. had some rough days in my time, but nothing like the weekend - genuinely had no idea what to do.
Even considered going the Trevor Chappell and bowling underarm. :lol:

Woody hit them hard and long though - few of our lads were saying if it was on a normal ground he'd be out, but these were maximum on any ground! One of our players even decided it was easier to field behind the fence outside the boundary.

Sadly, the Enfield A grade is in struggle town, the average age is closer to 50 than 40.. I've struggled with motivation to play all year but lack of players and I can't say no when asked - and it reflects in my performances. Saturday we butchered a run out in the 3rd over, then dropped the opener in the 4th.. dropped him again a couple overs later, then it went downhill at a rate of knots.

Would've been enjoyable for spectators to view.

bowling figures.jpg
bowling figures.jpg (70.13 KiB) Viewed 351 times
The Bedge
Coach

Postby beef » Mon Feb 19, 2024 9:06 am

would've been nervous going for 6 the first ball the following over as well
beef
League - Best 21

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 255 times

Postby OKC! » Mon Feb 19, 2024 9:49 am

The Bedge wrote:Actually thought I bowled ok… 8) :lol:

Centrals wanted the score in 20 overs and when Brad came out he came out swinging, After a few of full tosses, you almost had him a fav to get the last 3 for 6. Credit to Bedge tho he did bowl well before this and has all year actually, been a bit unlucky this year especially.

Funny thing is tho, Bedge wanted to bowl his first spell from that end cause the leg side boundary was bigger.....
The secret impresses no one. The trick you use it for is everything.
OKC!
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 42 times
Grassroots Team: Pooraka

Postby Brodlach » Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:28 am

Bedge, after he hit 4 over the boundary, did you bowl pies just to get him to 6x6’s?
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:37 am

Brodlach wrote:Bedge, after he hit 4 over the boundary, did you bowl pies just to get him to 6x6’s?

:lol: I tried everything - slower flighted balls, meds, tried to throw in a bumper (if you can call it that), came over the wicket and tried to push it wide (left arm orthy).. just had no answer for his hitting.

Worst part was after the 3rd (which wasnt a bad ball he swept over square) realising i still had to try and bowl another 3 balls. :lol:
The Bedge
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps