Your poison of choice?

Anything!

Re: Your poison of choice?

Postby Wedgie » Tue Jan 16, 2024 10:32 am

Booney wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:I really like the south coast pale ale from pirate life. Love it out the tap too

Bit of a shame really. With Pirate Life 2km from my front door this is just about the only one of their current beers that I rate and I rate it highly, actually think it's better out of a tap. The 3.5 South Coast Mid is a good one if you're driving, the Mosaic is good but the pale, the sours and the whatever the hell they are "crushes" are garbage. The food there is exorbitant and the beers barely palatable other than the two mentioned above, the repetitious doof doof they play all day every day makes the place uninviting. The Big Shed gets far more out of me than Pirate Life do. Better beer. Better food. Better music.

Has the Big She's become any more comfortable?
Last time I was there it was freezing and the metal stools and tables weren't great
Anyone been to Shapeshifter recently? It's literally walking distance from my place but once again wasn't too comfortable and had shitty car parking when I was there last.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2050 times
Been liked: 3894 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Dutchy » Mon Feb 19, 2024 8:41 am

Weekend down Langhorne Creek way and tried the local lager from Meechi Brewing, cracking beer 4.5% and perfect to drink on a summers day, ended up having 9 of them and then bought some takeaways.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2326 times
Been liked: 3506 times

Postby Psyber » Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:25 pm

I've moved to Heinekin 0:0 beer recently since I sampled it while visiting a friend who is a GP in Murray Bridge and drinks it regularly. I like the flavour and don't miss the alcohol. On the other hand I bought some standard (alcoholic) wine while at a function at Coriole recently.

My wife likes Aperol Spritz pre-dinner but I prefer Campari Spritz in that context.
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 390 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby Pseudo » Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:58 pm

A recent Easter tradition: Bought a bottle of Ouzo this arvo. Am quaffing down a glass of licoricey goodness as I type. 8)
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1559 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby gadj1976 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:59 pm

Pseudo wrote:A recent Easter tradition: Bought a bottle of Ouzo this arvo. Am quaffing down a glass of licoricey goodness as I type. 8)

when I was 20, I'd agree with you
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 796 times
Been liked: 850 times

Postby Booney » Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:28 pm

Pseudo wrote:A recent Easter tradition: Bought a bottle of Ouzo this arvo. Am quaffing down a glass of licoricey goodness as I type. 8)

Who'd drink lolly flavoured grog? 8)
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7494 times
Been liked: 10781 times

Postby Psyber » Wed Apr 03, 2024 10:54 am

We drove around Kangaroo Island recently while staying with friends involved in a Yachting event there.
Never been to KI before, but enjoyed the wines from False Cape and Bay of Shoals and some of the beaches.
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 390 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Previous

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion