Gaza FC - Salary Cap Breaches

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Re: Gaza FC - Salary Cap Breaches

Postby whufc » Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:11 am

Brodlach wrote:
Down the Hill wrote:I'm curious how people think $186K is manageable. What sort of income is coming through your clubs!! I expect they will be given at least 5 years to pay the fine so that's still $37K a year. Some clubs would struggle to even budget for that amount of money for player payments. It's one thing to pay off a debt if it's something like a loan for lights etc. when the club is otherwise in a sound position on and off the field but clearly Gaza aren't in that position. Wouldn't have a clue who is left to pick up the pieces at Gaza and good luck to them if they can make a go of senior participation in 2024 but it must be hard for them to even reconcile the 'what now'.

Don’t pay any players, use that money to pay the debt.

18 weeks x $2500 = $45,000

Gives $400 a week left to maybe pay a player or two.

Surely they could get an A Grade coach for free....albeit it might not be the perfect candidate but surely there is a bloke out there who would volunteer to have a crack at an A Grade gig with a club with a long history. Like i said might not be the best candidate but beggers can't be choosers.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5589 times
Been liked: 2531 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby The Bedge » Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:13 am

Brodlach wrote:I’m no longer involved out there.

Shh, don't ruin my fun :D
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3193 times
Been liked: 4003 times

Postby Brodlach » Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:14 am

The Bedge wrote:
Brodlach wrote:I’m no longer involved out there.

Shh, don't ruin my fun :D

Haha, carry on.
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby The Bedge » Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:15 am

whufc wrote:Surely they could get an A Grade coach for free....albeit it might not be the perfect candidate but surely there is a bloke out there who would volunteer to have a crack at an A Grade gig with a club with a long history. Like i said might not be the best candidate but beggers can't be choosers.

Need someone who is very resolute - would be a very tough gig if you're on a hiding to nothing each week, need to keep people focused, aligned and ultimately you're investing 12 months of the year as a volunteer.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Brodlach » Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:24 am

The Bedge wrote:
whufc wrote:Surely they could get an A Grade coach for free....albeit it might not be the perfect candidate but surely there is a bloke out there who would volunteer to have a crack at an A Grade gig with a club with a long history. Like i said might not be the best candidate but beggers can't be choosers.

Need someone who is very resolute - would be a very tough gig if you're on a hiding to nothing each week, need to keep people focused, aligned and ultimately you're investing 12 months of the year as a volunteer.

Coach for them would be on $10-$15k?
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby whufc » Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:26 am

The Bedge wrote:

100% would be a tough gig but i think something say a first time a grade coach would appreciate is that it would almost be a free hit results wise. There will be no talk of premierships, you will have a license to play the kids, teach and coach. Recruiting will be tough but at least you would be recruiting for the right reasons eg players that want to be part of a project.

I dont know about others but im a volunteer b grade coach at my club and it brings a lot of benefits with it. (100% concede i dont put in as many hours as the A Grade coach) but coaching without the added pressure of money being involved brings an element of freedom and joy with it. If i was in Adelaide and ambitious about my coaching i wouldn't have a problem volunteering at all. Success would be an incredible notch on your belt. Surely im not the only bloke around the state that would feel like that.
whufc
Coach

Postby Trader » Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:32 am

Once again, if the club can pay $380k over the cap over 5 years, they clearly have money.
They can pay the fine.
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby The Bedge » Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:35 am

whufc wrote:100% would be a tough gig but i think something say a first time a grade coach would appreciate is that it would almost be a free hit results wise. There will be no talk of premierships, you will have a license to play the kids, teach and coach. Recruiting will be tough but at least you would be recruiting for the right reasons eg players that want to be part of a project.

I dont know about others but im a volunteer b grade coach at my club and it brings a lot of benefits with it. (100% concede i dont put in as many hours as the A Grade coach) but coaching without the added pressure of money being involved brings an element of freedom and joy with it. If i was in Adelaide and ambitious about my coaching i wouldn't have a problem volunteering at all. Success would be an incredible notch on your belt. Surely im not the only bloke around the state that would feel like that.

You can't compare A grade to B grade my friend - they're streets apart.. and it can't be as easy as giving a newbie a crack in the hot season unless you have some serious support around them.

I think plenty of coaches would coach for reduced amount or even free just because they love what they do - but the reality is they deserve to be compensated for the hours invested and more critically the bullshit they deal will week in week out.

There would be no joy or freedom in coaching an A grade side that is unlikely to win, especially when the egos and expectations of players and members alike is to perform.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby whufc » Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:37 am

Trader wrote:Once again, if the club can pay $380k over the cap over 5 years, they clearly have money.
They can pay the fine.

Would they be generating the same income after this scandal that they were 5 years ago.....highly unlikely you would think.
whufc
Coach

Postby whufc » Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:37 am

Trader wrote:Once again, if the club can pay $380k over the cap over 5 years, they clearly have money.
They can pay the fine.

Would they be generating the same income after this scandal that they were 5 years ago.....highly unlikely you would think.
whufc
Coach

Postby whufc » Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:46 am

The Bedge wrote:
whufc wrote:100% would be a tough gig but i think something say a first time a grade coach would appreciate is that it would almost be a free hit results wise. There will be no talk of premierships, you will have a license to play the kids, teach and coach. Recruiting will be tough but at least you would be recruiting for the right reasons eg players that want to be part of a project.

You can't compare A grade to B grade my friend - they're streets apart.. and it can't be as easy as giving a newbie a crack in the hot season unless you have some serious support around them.

I think plenty of coaches would coach for reduced amount or even free just because they love what they do - but the reality is they deserve to be compensated for the hours invested and more critically the bullshit they deal will week in week out.

There would be no joy or freedom in coaching an A grade side that is unlikely to win, especially when the egos and expectations of players and members alike is to perform.

I dont disagree for a second but the point more being surely there is someone in SA who is ambitious about coaching and would love a crack at an A Grade that they may not have ordinarily got.....even if that means doing it for free for 12 months. Alternatively maybe an old skool coach who wants one final challenge.

I can put my hand on my heart and say that IF (not that im interested nor qualified) i ever coached our clubs A Grade i wouldn't want a cent back. I dont begrudge people that do but my personal circumstances just dont need me to get paid (not that im rich haha) My 30+ years being around sporting club tells me you get back far more from being involved than a club could ever pay you. Personally would rather see whatever money a club has to pay for me to coach to be put to junior programs, female sport etc etc especially here in the country. It's a must that my 3 daughters have a sporting club to play at and grow up around here in Mid North.

I just struggle to believe there isn't anyone who would take that opportunity on....i know i would if i was Gaza person and Adelaide based.
whufc
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:55 am

Wasn't saying there wouldn't be - or that Gaza wouldn't find someone who would do it for nothing.. just saying don't think putting someone at the helm is as simple, straight forward or risk free as you make it sound.

Anyway, i'm over this Gaza chat.. time to focus on the season. :D
The Bedge
Coach

Postby tigerpie » Wed Feb 21, 2024 2:22 pm

They can pay the fine.

Their sponsors have got some extra mileage so they could ask for more coin from them. ;)
Pay it off in 3 years easy.
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 501 times
Been liked: 431 times

Postby Dutchy » Wed Feb 21, 2024 3:20 pm

tigerpie wrote:
They can pay the fine.

Their sponsors have got some extra mileage so they could ask for more coin from them. ;)
Pay it off in 3 years easy.

They may have issues retaining sponsors and juniors after all this
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2326 times
Been liked: 3506 times

Postby tigerpie » Wed Feb 21, 2024 3:43 pm

Like most have said the vast majority of the club have nothing but good intentions.
It's just a few that want to cheat.
Hopefully their sponsors stick with a new committee.
It's been a valuable lesson for all clubs state wide to be very careful with the cap.
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 501 times
Been liked: 431 times

Postby Yank Man » Wed Feb 21, 2024 4:14 pm

Talk about going out swinging. Rosella has just had a serious crack at SANFL on 7 News. This guy is delusional. :shock:
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 317 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby The Bedge » Wed Feb 21, 2024 4:19 pm

Yank Man wrote:Talk about going out swinging. Rosella has just had a serious crack at SANFL on 7 News. This guy is delusional. :shock:

Not the smartest move consideration penalties haven’t officially come down yet, only recommendations..
The Bedge
Coach

Postby amber_fluid » Wed Feb 21, 2024 4:20 pm

Yank Man wrote:Talk about going out swinging. Rosella has just had a serious crack at SANFL on 7 News. This guy is delusional. :shock:

Got a link?
I can’t find one
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2228 times
Been liked: 2523 times

Postby Jimmy_041 » Wed Feb 21, 2024 5:17 pm

amber_fluid wrote:

Got a link?
I can’t find one

Time to go home and watch Ch 7 News 8)
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 720 times
Been liked: 1072 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby amber_fluid » Wed Feb 21, 2024 6:25 pm

Jimmy_041 wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:

Got a link?
I can’t find one

Time to go home and watch Ch 7 News 8)

Just saw it.
Talk about playing the victim card!
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2228 times
Been liked: 2523 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League