North Melbourne

Talk on the national game

Re: North Melbourne

Postby stan » Tue Feb 20, 2024 2:28 pm

Booney wrote:Shouldn't we be focused on his actions? Domestic violence is a blight on our society yet we're here worrying about him not playing football.
Well yes of course, however I have a few questions.

First the AFL announced an investigation a while ago about a complaint via a hotline or what have you, we didn't really get any info about what the issue was.

Now second, 18 weeks based on this investigation, again exactly has happened here.

Third, if it's worth 18 weeks and DV based, then shouldn't the police be involved?
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1254 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby UK Fan » Tue Feb 20, 2024 2:36 pm

stan wrote:
Booney wrote:Shouldn't we be focused on his actions? Domestic violence is a blight on our society yet we're here worrying about him not playing football.

First the AFL announced an investigation a while ago about a complaint via a hotline or what have you, we didn't really get any info about what the issue was.

Now second, 18 weeks based on this investigation, again exactly has happened here.

Third, if it's worth 18 weeks and DV based, then shouldn't the police be involved?

Isn't anyone who is suspended for more than 15 games de-registered.

https://resources.afl.com.au/afl/docume ... y-2020.pdf

Subject to 3.2.2(d), a Player/Official will be automatically Deregistered in accordance with section 3.2.2 if Player/Official has served sixteen (16) matches (or more) total Suspension. In circumstances where before commencing the current Suspension the Player/Official had not already accumulated ten (10) matches (or more) Suspension history, Player/Official does not need to receive a Suspension Notice under section 3.2.1(a)(iii).
Last edited by UK Fan on Tue Feb 20, 2024 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!

MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.

Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Has liked: 1202 times
Been liked: 502 times

Postby Dutchy » Tue Feb 20, 2024 2:37 pm

Maybe, just maybe, we should wait for the outcome, before throwing accusations around...
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2326 times
Been liked: 3506 times

Postby MW » Tue Feb 20, 2024 2:38 pm

Dutchy wrote:Maybe, just maybe, we should wait for the outcome, before throwing accusations around...

:lol: :lol: :lol:
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2610 times
Been liked: 1850 times

Postby Mr Beefy » Tue Feb 20, 2024 2:47 pm

UK Fan wrote:
stan wrote:

Subject to 3.2.2(d), a Player/Official will be automatically Deregistered in accordance with section 3.2.2 if Player/Official has served sixteen (16) matches (or more) total Suspension. In circumstances where before commencing the current Suspension the Player/Official had not already accumulated ten (10) matches (or more) Suspension history, Player/Official does not need to receive a Suspension Notice under section 3.2.1(a)(iii).

Do you ever read things in full?
match ineligibility or sanctions received by a Player in relation to breaches of
the AFL Anti-Doping Code (as amended from time to time), a code of conduct
or any other regulation or policy which are not as a result of Reportable
Offences under the Laws of Australian Football will not be counted in
determining accumulated Suspensions under this Policy;
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 406 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby UK Fan » Tue Feb 20, 2024 2:55 pm

Mr Beefy wrote:
UK Fan wrote:
stan wrote:

Do you ever read things in full?
match ineligibility or sanctions received by a Player in relation to breaches of
the AFL Anti-Doping Code (as amended from time to time), a code of conduct
or any other regulation or policy which are not as a result of Reportable
Offences under the Laws of Australian Football will not be counted in
determining accumulated Suspensions under this Policy;

Ill refer to Booneys point. Im not sure how this is not considered worse than any on-field discretions.

How can Domestic violence be exempt from this ruling. An amendment needs to be made moving forward.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Postby Booney » Tue Feb 20, 2024 3:17 pm

Dutchy wrote:Maybe, just maybe, we should wait for the outcome, before throwing accusations around...

Who here has made accusations? I can't see where anyone has said he's done this or done that.

Would you feel the same way if it was a mate / friend at a local club?
Last edited by Booney on Tue Feb 20, 2024 3:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7494 times
Been liked: 10781 times

Postby Dutchy » Tue Feb 20, 2024 3:22 pm

Booney wrote:

Who here has made accusations? I can't see where anyone has said he's done this or done that.

Why are you still defending him? Would you feel the same way if it was a mate / friend at a local club?

Never have and never will defend him if he is guilty of DV, there are a lot of presumptions of DV in this thread, based solely off a tweet sent by a journalist. I want something a bit more solid than that before making my judgement.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby UK Fan » Tue Feb 20, 2024 4:10 pm

Dutchy wrote:
Booney wrote:

Why are you still defending him? Would you feel the same way if it was a mate / friend at a local club?

Never have and never will defend him if he is guilty of DV, there are a lot of presumptions of DV in this thread, based solely off a tweet sent by a journalist. I want something a bit more solid than that before making my judgement.

I based the rumoured DV charge on the suspension.

He's had to of done something major if he is being hit with an 18 games suspension as reported.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Postby daysofourlives » Tue Feb 20, 2024 5:09 pm

Im just wondering what sort of DV claim or any other claim would warrant such a hefty suspension by the AFL but yet no police action? Opening a big can of worms if players are copping massive suspensions from the AFL without any charges being laid or proven by the police.
Has anyone else been suspended in this fashion? I cant think of anyone and certainly not for 18 weeks. Ben Cousins is the only one that comes to mind but he was facing police charges at the time wasnt he?
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2423 times
Been liked: 1660 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby Jim05 » Tue Feb 20, 2024 5:39 pm

Sounds like a real piece of work

Damning texts sent by Tarryn Thomas have emerged on social media as the AFL is set to hand down sanctions to the North Melbourne player over fresh allegations of domestic violence.

A screenshot of a message, circulating on Instagram and obtained by the Herald Sun, showed Thomas speaking about abusing women.

“And for them girls I abuse I would do again,” he wrote to a woman.

“After what they did to me if you do me wrong I will let you have it.”

It comes as a source close to another woman, who was previously linked to Thomas, detailed his alleged abusive nature.

“He harassed, stalked, abused and made threats against her,” they said.

“He made her feel worthless and small with his nasty words.”
he source said the woman was “fearful” of Thomas and isolated her from family and friends.

His career at the Kangaroos could be over within days with the AFL expected to [suspend Thomas of up to 18 weeks]

On Monday, the AFL said its investigation into the new allegations of domestic violence was not yet resolved.

But a suspension of that length had been raised in discussions with the AFL and North Melbourne.

Last year, Thomas escaped conviction after threatening to share an explicit video of [his ex-partner Jamai Curran.

Instead, he was ordered to pay $1000 to charity.

At the time, Ms Curran told the Herald Sun that she believed Thomas never faced harsh consequences for his behaviour.
“I think he believes the way he treats women is justified because of his status and power,” she said.

“I think he believes he’s entitled to treat women however he wants.

“North Melbourne and the justice system not punishing him just reinforces it is OK because he never faces consequences.”

Ms Curran said the AFL were “letting women down” by prioritising players and their reputations.

“I think the AFL are letting women down and at this point, need to be held responsible,” she said.
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3553 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby daysofourlives » Tue Feb 20, 2024 5:54 pm

Jim05 wrote:Sounds like a real piece of work

Damning texts sent by Tarryn Thomas have emerged on social media as the AFL is set to hand down sanctions to the North Melbourne player over fresh allegations of domestic violence.

A screenshot of a message, circulating on Instagram and obtained by the Herald Sun, showed Thomas speaking about abusing women.

It comes as a source close to another woman, who was previously linked to Thomas, detailed his alleged abusive nature.

he source said the woman was “fearful” of Thomas and isolated her from family and friends.

His career at the Kangaroos could be over within days with the AFL expected to [suspend Thomas of up to 18 weeks]

On Monday, the AFL said its investigation into the new allegations of domestic violence was not yet resolved.

But a suspension of that length had been raised in discussions with the AFL and North Melbourne.

Last year, Thomas escaped conviction after threatening to share an explicit video of [his ex-partner Jamai Curran.

At the time, Ms Curran told the Herald Sun that she believed Thomas never faced harsh consequences for his behaviour.
“I think he believes the way he treats women is justified because of his status and power,” she said.

“North Melbourne and the justice system not punishing him just reinforces it is OK because he never faces consequences.”

Ms Curran said the AFL were “letting women down” by prioritising players and their reputations.

“I think the AFL are letting women down and at this point, need to be held responsible,” she said.

Doesnt sound good for him thats for sure.
Obviously the AFL have been able to prove it was him who sent it and not someone pretending to be him.
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2423 times
Been liked: 1660 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby stan » Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:22 pm

From the Hun. Image
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1254 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby MW » Wed Feb 21, 2024 7:47 am

Jim05 wrote:Sounds like a real piece of work

We should wait for the outcome before we throw out these accusations...
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2610 times
Been liked: 1850 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:43 am

MW wrote:
We should wait for the outcome before we throw out these accusations...

Yes, because that’s what we do on here!
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4347 times
Been liked: 7926 times

Postby Spargo » Wed Feb 21, 2024 12:18 pm

Beat Collingwood by 6 goals this morning.
September leave form submitted, checking on flight specials as we speak…
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5487 times
Been liked: 5126 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Brodlach » Wed Feb 21, 2024 12:27 pm

Spargo wrote:Beat Collingwood by 6 goals this morning.

What was it like playing the Collingwood AFLW team?
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby tigerpie » Wed Feb 21, 2024 2:12 pm

Spargo wrote:Beat Collingwood by 6 goals this morning.

Lol ease up turbo.
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 501 times
Been liked: 431 times

Postby Dutchy » Wed Feb 21, 2024 3:15 pm

The way we have been going we will take a win in February :partyman: :partyman: :partyman:
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby Dutchy » Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:31 pm

hope we sung the song
Dutchy
Site Admin

PreviousNext