SANFLW Season 2024

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: SANFLW Season 2024

Postby wenchbarwer » Wed Feb 14, 2024 12:54 pm

https://sanfl.com.au/league/news/week-1-sanflw-trial-match-review-panel/

Pretty clear cut definition of a sling tackle, I would think. 3 weeks, down to 2 on a guilty plea, not too many arguments I would have thought.

Umpy pays it holding the ball...
wenchbarwer
Under 16s

Has liked: 289 times
Been liked: 82 times

Postby Bluedemon » Wed Feb 14, 2024 1:46 pm

wenchbarwer wrote:https://sanfl.com.au/league/news/week-1-sanflw-trial-match-review-panel/

Pretty clear cut definition of a sling tackle, I would think. 3 weeks, down to 2 on a guilty plea, not too many arguments I would have thought.

I found it interesting that the umpire called it holding the ball instead of the sling tackle
SAFooty.net, where you hear the community football news first
Bluedemon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 83 times
Been liked: 97 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby gadj1976 » Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:23 pm

Bluedemon wrote:
wenchbarwer wrote:https://sanfl.com.au/league/news/week-1-sanflw-trial-match-review-panel/

I found it interesting that the umpire called it holding the ball instead of the sling tackle

Interesting 'interpretation'. I'm speaking to the SANFL umpire's coordinator about exactly this type of incident.
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 796 times
Been liked: 850 times

Postby wenchbarwer » Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:29 pm

gadj1976 wrote:
Bluedemon wrote:

Interesting 'interpretation'. I'm speaking to the SANFL umpire's coordinator about exactly this type of incident.

That call was a joke, plain and simple. How the hell the umpire thought it was holding the ball is beyond me...
wenchbarwer
Under 16s

Has liked: 289 times
Been liked: 82 times

Postby gadj1976 » Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:32 pm

wenchbarwer wrote:
gadj1976 wrote:
Bluedemon wrote:

That call was a joke, plain and simple. How the hell the umpire thought it was holding the ball is beyond me...

At the North Norwood game I saw a tackle rewarded with a holding the ball when it was clearly disposed of correctly and within time. It's like they are rewarding the tackle, rather than looking at anything else (sling, correct disposal). Given that the girl is lying on the ground, that would make you think (as an umpire) that it was dangerous perhaps?
gadj1976
Coach

Postby Bluedemon » Thu Feb 15, 2024 11:25 am

2024 Glenelg SANFLW Pocket Profile

2023 Snapshot

Finished – 5th
Record – 6 wins, 6 losses
Best and Fairest – Piper Window
Runner Up – Ellie Kellock
Third Place – Madi Freeman
The Advertiser SANFLW Team of the Year – Piper Window (Ruck Rover), Poppy Scholz (Centre Half-Back)

Player Movement
COMING

Jess Bates (returned/Collingwood VFL), Alex Pearce (Sturt), Ash Dyer (Port Lincoln), Chloe Harding (Morphettville Park), Kayla Robran (Norwood), Kiahni Russell (South Adelaide), Jorja Eldridge (North Adelaide), Katrice Turner (North Adelaide), Sophie Thomas (Glenelg juniors), Elizabeth Johnson (Glenelg juniors)

GOING
Piper Window (Port Adelaide AFLW), Chelsea Packer (retired/Payneham), Caitlyn Swanson (retired), Mykaela Walker (Norwood), Casie Coombe (South Adelaide)

2024 SANFLW Fixture - First Five Rounds

Round 1
Saturday March 2

North v Glenelg at Thebarton Oval – 6.30pm

Round 2
Saturday March 9

Glenelg v Sturt at Hisense Stadium – 2.20pm

Round 3
Saturday March 16

Central v Glenelg at X Convenience Oval – 11.30am

Round 4
Saturday March 23

West v Glenelg at Hisense Stadium – 12pm

Round 5
Friday March 29

Glenelg v South at Stratarama Stadium – 2.10pm

Star Signing - Jess Bates
Jess Bates was a seemingly unstoppable force for the Tigers in 2022, earning the SANFLW Best-and-Fairest award.

And there is a strong sense that very little will change upon her return to Glenelg this season.

The 28-year-old was dominant for Collingwood in the VFLW last season, racking up a League-high 453 disposals at an average of 26.6 while also hitting the scoreboard for 11 goals.

Bates’ presence at the Bay will certainly assist in countering the absence of 2023 SANFLW Best-and-Fairest Piper Window, who was drafted to Port Adelaide.

One to Watch - Violet Patterson
Violet Patterson was quick to approach coach Lexi Edwards before preseason began last year.

Glenelg’s promising midfielder was eager to step up a notch to ensure she would have an impact in 2024 and according to Edwards, this is certainly unfolding.

Boasting great speed and an ability to run and carry, Patterson – the daughter of former Collingwood and Norwood rover Stephen – is expected to be a key midfield cog this season.

Displaying great maturity, the 18-year-old has also been added to the Tigers’ leadership group to work with captain Sam Franson.
Bluedemon
Assistant Coach

Postby The Bedge » Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:31 am

Worrying signs for North Adelaide off the back of a 27 point loss to South Adelaide, given the players the Panthers have lost this season.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3193 times
Been liked: 4003 times

Postby Bluedemon » Mon Feb 26, 2024 11:05 am

2024 SANFL U16 Girls Squad Released

Selectors have finalised a 30-player SA U16 Girls squad to contest the 2024 AFL U16 Girls National Championships in April.

To be coached by reigning championship-winning mentor Bek McMahon, the Croweaters will play two matches on home soil – against Victoria Metro and Western Australia – as they attempt to defend their crown.

Game 1 will be played at Prospect Oval against the Big V as part of the Gather Round festivities from April 6-7 while Game 2 against the Sandgropers will be at Thebarton Oval on the weekend of April 13-14.

SA’s side will feature the next wave of familiar surnames with the younger sisters of Teah Charlton (Emma Charlton), Laela Ebert (Neveah Ebert) and Molly Brooksby (Charlee Brooksby) all set to don the cherished red guernsey.

In the coaches box, McMahon will be assisted by an all-female coaching panel with Emma Sampson (outside midfielders) acting as lead assistant, alongside Brianna Arthur (inside midfielders), Talia Radan (defenders) and Kelly Barltrop (forwards).

”It was really important to me that we continue to grow off the back of what (SANFL State Coaching Manager) Dave (Reynolds) is doing in the field,” McMahon said.

”I really wanted an all-female panel which can add value to the players. This program is not just for the players but also for the staff and coaches to evolve and take the next steps in their careers as well.

”It’s really important we provide that platform for everybody.”

Central Districts
Miyu Endersby
Tara Lord
Jyearah Newchurchl
Demi Holloway

Glenelg
Georgie Fielder

North Adelaide
Caitlin Hardin
Iris Newman
Polly Turner
Neveah Ebert
Keira Copeland
Lucy Reddaway

Norwood
Kate Alexander
Elke Cameron
Charlee Brooksby
Lily Thomas

South Adelaide
Emma Charlton
Taya Maxwell
Layla Vizguadis

Sturt
Skout Young
Charlotte Copson
Erin Conn

West Adelaide
Emily Mableson
Sienna Aldridge
Sarah Deed
Ava Barton
Chelsea Newitt

Woodville-West Torrens
Lucy Moore
Julia Faulkner
Maia Freemantle
Julia Matthews
Bluedemon
Assistant Coach

Postby Bluedemon » Fri Mar 01, 2024 9:41 am

Round 1
Friday 1st March

West Adelaide v South Adelaide – Thebarton Oval – 7:40pm
Norwood v Central Districts – Norwood Oval – 7:40pm

Saturday 2nd March
Woodville-West Torrens v Sturt – Eastern Parade – 1:00pm
North Adelaide v Glenelg – Thebarton Oval – 6:30pm

Season starts tonight with some big games in the first round.

Friday night at Thebarton Oval sees the Bloods take on the Panthers. Westies would like to start the year off with a win and South come off the loss in the Grand Final, form in trials has been good for South while West have won one and lost one. Mutal venue at Thebarton Oval but I reckon South will be tood good tonight. South 11-20

Norwood v Centrals at The Parade, both teams would be keen for a big year with Centrals trying to be the first team to go back-to-back in the SANFLW and Norwood wanting to get back in the big dance, it will be a big game at the parade as it will be a Memorial game for Ashleigh Young and for this reason I am picking the legs tonight. Norwood 11-20

Saturday sees Eagles take on Sturt at the new Eastern Parade which is the training ground that the Eagles use while Woodville Oval is used for cricket. Eagles form in the trials has been fantastic and you can see some good improvements on their game plan and Narelle and the team have worked hard over the summer. Sturt will be hoping to get back in the GF again after just making finals last year. This will be a brilliant game that will go down to the wire, as it is the first game for premiership points at the Eastern parade for the Eagles i am going to pick them by the slightest margin. Eagles 1-10

Last game of the round sees Jason Fairall in charge of North take on the team that he took to the Premiership flag a couple of years ago. Norths form in the trials havent been that crash hot but Jason would be working on some things with the Roosters. Glenelg just missed out on the finals by losing the last game of last year to Sturt to miss out on finals. It should be a brilliant game to watch at Thebarton Oval Saturday night, get down there and see a close game, I am going the tigers. Glenelg 1-10
Bluedemon
Assistant Coach

Postby Bluedemon » Mon Mar 04, 2024 10:37 am

Round 1 Hostplus SANFLW League Match Wraps

West Adelaide 7.7 (49) d South Adelaide 7.4 (46)
Henley Sharks product Emma Kilpatrick emerged the hero for West Adelaide at Thebarton Oval on Friday night with an after-the siren goal giving the Bloods a triumphant start to the season.

Kilpatrick earned a free kick for a holding the ball call against South Adelaide and the teenager held her nerve to nail her first SANFLW goal.

It was a superb start to their campaign for the Bloods after being forced to shrug off a tardy start when the Panthers bagged the opening three goals.

The Panthers still seemingly had the game at their mercy early in the final quarter after Emily Brockhurst toe poked her third goal to enable the visitors to escape to a nine-point advantage.

In typical Zoe Venning fashion, she amassed a game-high 25 possessions to have a significant influence for the Bloods, while highly talented Lauren Young racked up 21.

North Adelaide 1.1 (7) lost to Glenelg 4.5 (29)
Onballer Jessica Bates provided the spark for Glenelg to conquer North Adelaide by 22 points in a scrappy encounter at Thebarton Oval on Saturday night.

Bates amassed a whopping 36 possessions, registered nine tackles and nailed a goal in the third quarter to have a massive influence for the Tigers.

The Tigers failed to score in the second quarter, but bagged three second half goals to kick-start their season with a convincing win.

Sarah Goodwin picked up eight disposals in the opening term to inspire the Tigers early, while Poppy Schulz again showcased her talents and was crucial to the victory.

After failing to impact on the scoreboard in the first quarter, the Roosters had the only score in the second term when busy Katelyn Pope snapped a terrific goal.

However, the next score for the Roosters, who had 24 less entries inside their 50, did not come until late in the fourth term when they added a behind.

Brooke Boileau was outstanding for the Panthers, along with Nikki Nield. The visitors had 14 less trips inside their 50m arc.

Woodville-West Torrens 7.6 (48) lost to Sturt 8.7 (55)
Sturt was forced to retrieve a 19-point half-time deficit against a hard-working Woodville-West Torrens outfit to claim a seven-point victory in the historic first SANFLW game at Eastern Parade Reserve on Saturday.

The Double Blues kicked six goals in the second half, including the only three majors of the third quarter, and restricted the Eagles to two, to earn the win.

With Marlie Fiegert having an impact early, the Eagles dominated territory in the first quarter and held the Double Blues goalless until the final seconds.

Momentum swung after quarter-time and the Double Blues, led by India Rasheed, were camped deep in attack for lengthy periods. The Eagles were able to steady, however, and built a handy buffer on the back of terrific goals from Taylah Levy and Olivia Evans, who finished with three goals on debut.

The Double Blues’ intensity and tackling pressure lifted in the third quarter and they were rewarded on the scoreboard. Abby Pengelly bagged two goals in the third term when the Double Blues responded to the many questions being posed by the Eagles.

Norwood 5.3 (33) lost to Central District 5.5 (35)
Central District kicked off its Hostplus SANFLW title defence with a hard-fought two-point triumph over Norwood in the opening round at The Parade on Friday night.

Last year’s Grand Final medallist, Shelby Smith, showed the off-season had not diminished her ability to impact on games, leading from the front for the Bulldogs with her hunger for the physical contest.

Olivia Levicki’s role in ruck was also crucial for the visitors, who had to rely on the only goal in the final quarter from Lauren Breguet to secure the crucial premiership points.

It was a case of deja vu for the Redlegs, who lost their season opener last year to then defending champion North Adelaide by the same margin.

The Redlegs failed to impact on the scoreboard in the first term, while conceding 2.1 to the Bulldogs, before bagging three successive goals to grab the lead.

Jade Halfpenny was busy for the home side, its leading possession winner with 20, along with Sachi Syme.
Bluedemon
Assistant Coach

Postby Bluedemon » Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:18 am

Round 2 – Updated due to Heat Forecast on Saturday
Saturday 9th March
Central Districts v Woodville-West Torrens – X Convenience Oval - 10:00am
Glenelg v Sturt – Thebarton Oval – 11:00am
South Adelaide v Norwood – Flinders University Stadium – 11:00am
West Adelaide v North Adelaide – Richmond Oval – 11:00am
Bluedemon
Assistant Coach

Postby Big Phil » Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:39 pm

Bluedemon wrote:Round 2 – Updated due to Heat Forecast on Saturday
Saturday 9th March

Another update...

All League games now at 9:00am.

Development League games to be rescheduled for catch up at a later date.
Big Phil
Coach

Has liked: 120 times
Been liked: 272 times

Postby gadj1976 » Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:48 pm

Big Phil wrote:
Bluedemon wrote:Round 2 – Updated due to Heat Forecast on Saturday
Saturday 9th March

Another update...

All League games now at 9:00am.

Development League games to be rescheduled for catch up at a later date.

Great idea. Postponing games till late in the afternoon is hotter than scheduling them at 11am!
gadj1976
Coach

Postby Bluedemon » Tue Mar 12, 2024 10:01 am

Round 2 Hostplus SANFLW League Match Wraps

Glenelg 8.9 (57) d Sturt 4.7 (31)
Glenelg put rivals on notice of its premiership title credentials with a powerful 36-point victory over Sturt at Thebarton Oval.

Kept scoreless by the Double Blues in the opening quarter, the Tigers bared their teeth and responded to take control after quarter time.

Jessica Bates was outstanding for the Tigers, amassing 27 possessions, while Piper Window was her usual busy self. Ellie Kellock and Jasmin Stewart also had a heavy influence.

The Double Blues seriously challenged the Tigers in the first term, relying on terrific forward pressure to test the Tigers’ defence. It was that pressure which enabled Monique Bessen to snap their first goal, and India Rasheed to nail the second.

The Tigers needed answers and they found plenty in the second term, bagging four unanswered goals and keeping the Double Blues scoreless.

Bays skipper Samantha Franson then goalled less than two minutes into the third term to put the Tigers in a commanding position.

West Adelaide 5.5 (35) d North Adelaide 2.5 (17)
History has repeated for West Adelaide after conquering North Adelaide by 18 points at Hisense Stadium.

The Bloods have now won their opening two games, as they did last year, when they also beat the Roosters in the second round.

An impressive second quarter from the Bloods, led by Asha Dufour and Keeley Kustermann, when they added three goals, while conceding just a behind, proved decisive.

There was only one goal in the first quarter, courtesy of individual brilliance from Roosters’ Jemma Whitington-Charity, who kicked the major as the quarter-siren sounded.

Despite the Bloods having plenty more trips inside their 50, the Roosters also registered the only goal in the third quarter when Julia Clark kicked truly.

But the Bloods finally got some reward for their territorial domination when they bagged both goals in the final quarter.

Composed Katelyn Pope, with 24 disposals, was outstanding for the Roosters, along with captain Jess Edwards, whose class was again on show.

South Adelaide 3.7 (25) lost to Norwood 6.9 (45)
A dominant final quarter propelled Norwood to its first win of the season with a 20-point triumph over South Adelaide in testing weather conditions at Flinders University Stadium.

With a strong wind at their backs, the Redlegs kicked the only three goals of the final term and kept the Panthers scoreless. In fact, the Panthers failed to go inside their attacking 50 in the final quarter.

The Panthers lost just two minor round games last season, but have been beaten in their first two rounds this year.

Midway through the first quarter, Panther Emily Brockhurst soccered the ball through for the only goal of the term. However, the home side will rue an inability to use the wind, adding five behinds for the first quarter.

The Panthers still led at three-quarter time, only for Morphettville Park product Amelia Rusden to put the Redlegs in front with a goal three minutes into the final term.

Her teammate Adrienne Davies then took advantage of a favourable bounce to nail a brilliant goal and all but seal the deal for the visitors.

Central District 8.6 (54) d Woodville-West Torrens 4.8 (32)
Reigning premier Central District raised its premiership flag at X Convenience Oval and celebrated with a 12-point win over a highly-competitive Woodville-West Torrens.

The Bulldogs rode to victory on the back of a dominant first quarter when they kicked four goals and conceded just a behind to establish a commanding 25-point buffer.

Among the goalscorers in the first quarter was gun Bulldogs’ forward Katelyn Rosenzweig, the league’s leading goalkicker who failed to register a major in the opening round win over Norwood. She finished with three goals.

Faced with a mammoth task at quarter-time, the Eagles showed enormous fight to outscore the Bulldogs by three points for the final three quarters.

Eagles trio Poppy Waterford (21 disposals), Grace Martin (20) and Annie Falkenberg (19) were the leading possession-winners. Caitlin Wendland led the Bulldogs with 18.

It was a terrific team-performance from the Bulldogs, well illustrated by the opening goal to Julia Teakle, with the workload shared.

The Bulldogs were well beaten in the ruck hitouts and clearances, but squared the inside 50 count.
Bluedemon
Assistant Coach

Postby Bluedemon » Wed Mar 13, 2024 12:40 pm

Round 3
Saturday 16th March

Central Districts v Glenelg – X Convenience Oval – 11:30am
South Adelaide v North Adelaide – Flinders University Stadium – 5:50pm
West Adelaide v Sturt – Richmond Oval – 6:00pm

Sunday 17th March
Woodville-West Torrens v Norwood – Thebarton Oval – 11:30am
Bluedemon
Assistant Coach

Postby fish » Sat Mar 16, 2024 12:47 pm

Looks like the two Sturt games in Mount Barker have been switched to Thebarton, does anyone know why?
fish
Coach

Has liked: 184 times
Been liked: 48 times

Postby Bluedemon » Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:35 am

Round 3 Hostplus SANFLW League Match Wraps

Central District 4.9 (33) lost to Glenelg 11.9 (75)
Glenelg midfielder Jessica Bates showcased her immense talents to inspire the Tigers to an emphatic 42-point Hostplus SANFLW triumph over Central District at X Convenience Oval.

Bates amassed 34 possessions, as well as registering eight clearances and eight tackles, in a supreme performance as the Tigers tore a depleted Bulldogs outfit apart.

The Tigers dominated hitouts, clearances and visits inside attacking 50 after stamping their authority on the contest in the first quarter with a five-goal haul.

Bates set the tone from the outset, nailing a goal less than two minutes into the game. Her teammates continually took the ball out of the stoppages and moved the ball effectively to have the Bulldogs’ defence under constant pressure.

The Tigers added another two goals in the second quarter, while restricting the Bulldogs to a single behind for the first half.

The third term belonged to Bulldogs forward Sophie Eaton, who kicked four goals for the quarter. The fourth goal was just reward for a tremendous smother and accurate kick.

But the Tigers, with Jasmin Stewart and Violet Patterson having an influence, bagged three goals without an answer in the final term.

South Adelaide 7.9 (51) d North Adelaide 1.3 (9)
Last year’s beaten grand finalist South Adelaide shrugged off two defeats to start the season to claim a convincing 48-point victory over North Adelaide at Flinders University Stadium.

The Panthers, led by classy Nikki Nield on the ball and three goals from Emily Brockhurst, had too much ammunition to secure the valuable premiership points.

The Roosters have lost all three games this season and the disappointing outing was further soured by a nasty injury for Jemma Whitington-Charity, who was stretchered from the field in the first quarter and will have scans to determine the damage to her knee.

A massive positive for the Roosters was the return of Brianna Arthur from an ACL injury and she soccered a goal four minutes into the game to give the visitors the lead.

However, the Panthers responded immediately when Brockhurst goalled, the first of four unanswered goals in the first quarter. Debutant Emma Charlton kicked the second of those goals.

After a goalless second term, Brockhurst kicked the only two goals of the third quarter to put the home side in a commanding position.

In fact, the Roosters failed to add to the goal tally after Arthur’s early major.

West Adelaide 5.5 (35) d Sturt 3.6 (24)
West Adelaide has matched its win tally from the previous two seasons to join Glenelg as the only unbeaten sides after three rounds.

The Bloods, who had just one win in 2022 and two last year when hard hit by injury, conquered Sturt by 11 points at Hisense Stadium to further enhance their title credentials.

This was a win consistent with the Bloods in their previous two weeks.

Ball magnet Zoe Venning again got her hands to plenty of possessions, as well as providing an abundance of defensive work, enthusiastic Lauren Young was a dangerous weapon in attack, and the tremendous team work ethic was a constant.

Emma Kilpatrick gave the Bloods the momentum with a brilliant individual effort just two minutes into the contest. After intercepting a handball from the Double Blues’ defenders, Kilpatrick nailed the goal from 48m.

The Double Blues registered a single behind in the scrappy first quarter and were under the pump when Young kicked the Bloods’ third goal early in the second term.

But with India Rasheed having her usual heavy influence, the Double Blues put themselves well and truly back in the contest with goals to Georgia Swan and Monique Bessen.

The Bloods were not going to let the premiership points slip, however, and they kept persisting.

Woodville-West Torrens 7.1 (43) d Norwood 5.8 (38)
Woodville-West Torrens has opened its winning account for the season after conquering Norwood by five points in a competitive confrontation at Thebarton Oval.

Accuracy proved decisive for the Eagles, having five less scoring attempts, but registering only one behind.

The season debut of last year’s Eagles best and fairest winner Shineah Goody, drafted by Port Adelaide, was crucial in the victory. Goody accumulated 20 disposals and finished with a whopping 14 tackles.

Poppy Waterford also had a huge impact for the Eagles, being the side’s highest possession winner with 22 and showing her list for defensive work with 14 tackles.

The two sides matched strides in the opening quarter, before the Eagles grabbed the front-running in the second term with goals from Grace Martin and McKenzie Dowrick. The Eagles burst clear in the third quarter to secure a well-deserved win after a highly competitive start to the season.

Sachi Syme was a driving force for the Redlegs with her 20 possessions, including six clearances.
Bluedemon
Assistant Coach

Postby Bluedemon » Wed Mar 20, 2024 3:48 pm

Round 4
Saturday 23rd March

West Adelaide v Glenelg – Richmond Oval – 12:00pm
North Adelaide v Norwood – Richmond Oval – 2:20pm
South Adelaide v Woodville-West Torrens – Flinders University Stadium – 3:30pm

Sunday 24th March
Central Districts v Sturt – X Convenience Oval – 12:00pm
Bluedemon
Assistant Coach

Postby Bluedemon » Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:53 am

Round 4 Hostplus SANFLW League Match Wraps

South Adelaide 6.9 (45) d Woodville-West Torrens 1.4 (10)
South Adelaide’s indifferent start to the season has been shrugged aside to climb into third on the Hostplus SANFLW ladder with a 35-point win over Woodville-West Torrens.

The Panthers bagged six goals to one and had 10 more scoring shots to secure back-to-back wins after opening their season with two losses, as many minor round defeats as they tasted last year.

The Eagles have been competitive this season, but their only goal was kicked by Marlie Fiegert 15 minutes into the first quarter. They registered a rushed behind three minutes into the second quarter and did not score again until the final term.

Jess Waterhouse has been outstanding in recent weeks and she nailed two goals for the Panthers in the first quarter. Laquoiya Cockatoo-Motlop also kicked a goal in the first term, before adding another in the second as the Panthers took control.

The home side, led by Brooke Boileau with 22 possessions, seven tackles and six clearances and Caitlin Couch with 21 disposals, seven tackles and seven clearances, dominated the clearances to have the Eagles under constant pressure.

Shineah Goody was prominent for the Eagles, while Poppy Waterford finished with 11 tackles.

Central District 6.6 (42) lost to Sturt 11.6 (72)
Sturt teenager India Rasheed’s draft currency has been further enhanced after tearing Central District apart with a spectacular performance on the spacious Elizabeth ground.

Just 17 years old, Rasheed reigned supreme in the powerful 30-point victory to finish with 36 possessions, three goals, eight tackles, five clearances and 11 marks. Simply put, she is elite and destined to be taken as a high draft pick.

Whether it was on the ball, or up forward, there were no answers from the Bulldogs to the influence of Rasheed, daughter of former tennis player and coach Roger.

Monique Bessen also shone for the Double Blues with 29 touches, although the defensive pressure from the entire side choked the Bulldogs into submission. And up forward, Zara Walsh bagged a five-goal haul.

Such was the hunger for the contest from the Double Blues, they had seven more clearances despite losing the hit-outs 15-50 due to the dominance of Bulldogs ruck Olivia Levicki.

The Bulldogs, coming off a belting from Glenelg, kicked three goals in the first quarter and restricted the visitors to two behinds to lead by 17 points at quarter time.

However, the score was not a true reflection of the tight battle and it took the Bulldogs 11 minutes to have their first foray forward of the centre square in the second quarter.

West Adelaide 3.3 (21) lost to Glenelg 2.12 (24)
Glenelg is alone in the penthouse looking down on pursuing rivals after overcoming West Adelaide in a highly-competitive Hostplus SANFLW clash at Hisense Stadium.

The Tigers are the only unbeaten side after four rounds following the three-point triumph, although the win was soured by an injury to in-form Ellie Kellock.

After hurting her ankle in the first quarter, Kellock was on crutches at quarter-time and will have scans to reveal the extent of the damage.

Jessica Bates was again the driving force for the Tigers, not only amassing 30 possessions, but being credited with a whopping 17 tackles.

The midfielder had plenty of support from Violet Patterson (25 disposals and 10 tackles), Piper Window and Poppy Scholz (16 and 10). Shay’Lee Dayman got through a heap of defensive work with 14 tackles.

The Bloods led early against a wasteful Tigers when Asha Dufour kicked the only goal of the opening quarter after gun duo Zoe Venning and Lauren Young were involved in the lead up work.

Window nailed her set shot from 35m for the only goal of the second quarter and the two sides continued to trade blows after half-time.

North Adelaide 2.4 (16) lost to Norwood 6.5 (41)
Four minutes of brilliance in the third quarter from Kiana Lee in attack sparked Norwood to a 25-point victory over North Adelaide at Hisense Stadium.

The Roosters led by four points late in the third term, before Lee went to work with three goals to lead the Redlegs to their second win of the season.

Lee started the charge when she blasted a kick from 50m towards a vacant forward line and the ball kept rolling through for a goal. She then rewarded herself for two terrific marks with accuracy from the set shots.

The first quarter was a tight affair with the Redlegs registering the only scores with two behinds.

Lauren Hoffmann nailed the first goal of the contest for the Roosters when she kicked truly on the run 13 minutes into the second quarter, and Djimila Totham added a second a few minutes later.

After failing to impact on the scoreboard in the second term, the Redlegs took control in the third term to earn the premiership points despite having one less visit inside their 50.

Julia Clark had a significant impact for the Roosters with 18 possessions and 11 tackles.
Bluedemon
Assistant Coach

Postby Bluedemon » Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:22 am

Round 5
Friday 29th March

North Adelaide v Central Districts – Prospect Oval – 11:30am
Woodville-West Torrens v West Adelaide – Woodville Oval – 12:00pm