LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7500 times
Been liked: 10787 times

Re: Adelaide

Postby am Bays » Thu Apr 04, 2024 10:14 am

Booney wrote:Why do I bother?

Because you have good insight on most teams based on watching a fair bit of footy

My take is their planned structure for the year has been stuffed up by Tilthorpe going down and the forward structure now is up the sh!te.

The loss of Rahilley is being felt as last year crows went at 53% scoring efficiency inside 50, this year its 34% a 50% decrease
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 164 times
Been liked: 1812 times

Postby Brodlach » Thu Apr 04, 2024 10:24 am

They say they have had a change of mindset this week, it will be interesting to see if they change the way the have been playing
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby mal » Thu Apr 04, 2024 10:27 am

AB
Should we count the inside 50s conversions in the Gold Coast game that was played in the wet ?
Both sides kicked 8 goals each in very difficult scoring conditions
But do agree with you in the GE and FR games , and yes the loss of Tilthorpe has impacted

They are likely to improve that conversion rate when they play at Adelaide Oval
Did score a little better with 11-11 v Tom Stewart at Adelaide Oval
mal
Coach

Has liked: 1156 times
Been liked: 912 times

Postby dedja » Thu Apr 04, 2024 10:56 am

Dunno, perhaps the same reason some people don’t bother posting on the Port threads? :-??
It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt
dedja
Coach

Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 997 times

Postby Under_Scrutiny » Thu Apr 04, 2024 11:39 am

Dowling stiff not to get a run?
Under_Scrutiny
Rookie

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 22 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby Booney » Thu Apr 04, 2024 12:50 pm

dedja wrote:

Dunno, perhaps the same reason some people don’t bother posting on the Port threads? :-??

Maybe take a minute to read what's posted and whether it's taking the piss or trying to create civil discussion and then go shit in your hands and clap.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby dedja » Thu Apr 04, 2024 1:12 pm

WTF? :shock:

Jeez, R U OK?
Last edited by dedja on Thu Apr 04, 2024 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt
dedja
Coach

Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 997 times

Postby stan » Thu Apr 04, 2024 1:43 pm

Booney wrote:
tigerpie wrote:
The Bedge wrote:
Booney wrote:Milera season over, ruptured patella tendon.

Devastated for him, finally had begun to string together some strong games after the same injury a few years ago.. now setback again. :(

Crows best player.
They're toast without him.

Most important I think. Allowed Laird to move into the midfield a few years ago before he was injured then allowed Dawson to move in their when he came back in. You'd think one of them would have to go back into a back line that's devoid of any experience.

Worrell ( big fan of this kid, but probably playing taller than he should be given lack of big man depth ) Michalanney ( kid is a gun I think ) then Butts, Keane, Parnell, Nankervis and Smith who has had a howler of a start to his year. Smith is in that age bracket where the body can fail pretty quickly, at 32 and having had a major knee injury he might just be walking up to that wall. I wouldn't say he's hit it, but he's getting towards it.
Also don't forget that Walker has had a slow start to the season due to injury. Part od Adelaide's form last season was son the back of his outstanding season.

He has struggled so far and fair enough when your bot 100% fit. Also with Thilthorp going down and being with Murray and Butts for the first few weeks has had a major impact.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1254 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby stan » Thu Apr 04, 2024 1:45 pm

Brodlach wrote:They say they have had a change of mindset this week, it will be interesting to see if they change the way the have been playing
I think that's easier said than done, but I reckon they are a real chance tonight regardless. They'll be desperate and in front of a big home crowd, I reckon anything can happen.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1254 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Dutchy » Thu Apr 04, 2024 1:58 pm

Adelaide have recruited to be a 6-10th type team for the next 5 years, I can't see them getting better than that considering most of their recent draftee's have now played a few seasons and we should now be seeing their potential.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2327 times
Been liked: 3517 times

Postby Booney » Thu Apr 04, 2024 2:10 pm

stan wrote:
Also don't forget that Walker has had a slow start to the season due to injury. Part od Adelaide's form last season was son the back of his outstanding season.

He has struggled so far and fair enough when your bot 100% fit. Also with Thilthorp going down and being with Murray and Butts for the first few weeks has had a major impact.

His 76 goals included 19 against West Coast, his numbers and therefore his return was slightly skewed.

I look more to Hinge whose form is way down and Murray ( inj ) from the back half, Keays and Jones has some really good patches in 2023 but again look off the pace and Dawson, last years best and fairest, is probably the only one from the top 10 last year really holding his form.

If 9 of last years best 10 are not going as well then there's a drop off on the books.

Jordan Dawson - 132 votes
Rory Laird - 115 votes
Taylor Walker 98 votes
Izak Rankine - 92 votes
Mitch Hinge - 92 votes
Lachlan Murphy - 91 votes
Brodie Smith - 87 votes
Chayce Jones - 80 votes
Ben Keays - 80 votes
Wayne Milera - 79 votes

( 3 games in we're judging harshly but their form can be judged I'm told )
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby wenchbarwer » Thu Apr 04, 2024 2:51 pm

Booney wrote:
stan wrote:

His 76 goals included 19 against West Coast, his numbers and therefore his return was slightly skewed.

I look more to Hinge whose form is way down and Murray ( inj ) from the back half, Keays and Jones has some really good patches in 2023 but again look off the pace and Dawson, last years best and fairest, is probably the only one from the top 10 last year really holding his form.

If 9 of last years best 10 are not going as well then there's a drop off on the books.

Rory Laird - 115 votes
Taylor Walker 98 votes
Izak Rankine - 92 votes
Mitch Hinge - 92 votes
Brodie Smith - 87 votes
Chayce Jones - 80 votes
Ben Keays - 80 votes
Wayne Milera - 79 votes

Curnow also kicked 19 against the Eagles. Good players dine out on crap teams.
wenchbarwer
Under 16s

Has liked: 297 times
Been liked: 82 times

Postby whufc » Thu Apr 04, 2024 3:29 pm

Booney wrote:
stan wrote:

Rory Laird - 115 votes
Taylor Walker 98 votes
Izak Rankine - 92 votes
Mitch Hinge - 92 votes
Brodie Smith - 87 votes
Chayce Jones - 80 votes
Ben Keays - 80 votes
Wayne Milera - 79 votes

Laird is going alright...averaging 28 disposals a game, 13 contested possessions a game which is considered elite. Only issue being is Laird being that accumulator he doesnt really determine the overrall teams performance. So much has to go right after he disposes of the ball for his possessions to have an impact.

I wouldn't have used the word vanilla but i don't think David King for once was too far off the mark. That combination of a midfield has a bit of a ceiling thats been reached imo.

Look at the current top 8 (admittedly only round 3) but they have a nice mixture of styles in their midfield. Freo probably being the closest look midfield to the Crows but lets see where Freo end up, they haven't played a side who has won a game yet. They also make up for a midfield who primarily accumulate with their half back line which is creating who amounts of run and penetration especially through Young who has also pinch hits in the guts to give them some edge.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5592 times
Been liked: 2531 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby MW » Thu Apr 04, 2024 4:22 pm

I think at the moment this list needs to have no injuries, and everyone playing at their peak to be a 5th to 8th side. One or two key injuries and the domino effect occurs, trying to rob peter to pay paul plugging holes in the line up, and then the midfield panics and blindly kicks forward, and the defence rushes out of half back.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2613 times
Been liked: 1850 times

Postby amber_fluid » Thu Apr 04, 2024 4:57 pm

MW wrote:I think at the moment this list needs to have no injuries, and everyone playing at their peak to be a 5th to 8th side. One or two key injuries and the domino effect occurs, trying to rob peter to pay paul plugging holes in the line up, and then the midfield panics and blindly kicks forward, and the defence rushes out of half back.

If every side has no injuries, the crows would finish well outside the top 8.
They just don’t have the top end cattle like the good teams.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2228 times
Been liked: 2523 times

Postby Vamos » Thu Apr 04, 2024 7:49 pm

am Bays wrote:@Booney, time to be true to yourself and admit what your posts on this thread deep down truly reveal: https://crowsmembership.com.au/

Geez Man, your man crush is next level cringe :lol:
Whoops, there goes another year. Whoops, there goes another pint of beer.
Vamos
League - Top 5

Has liked: 354 times
Been liked: 476 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby daysofourlives » Fri Apr 05, 2024 7:53 pm

Booney wrote:
stan wrote:

Rory Laird - 115 votes
Taylor Walker 98 votes
Izak Rankine - 92 votes
Mitch Hinge - 92 votes
Brodie Smith - 87 votes
Chayce Jones - 80 votes
Ben Keays - 80 votes
Wayne Milera - 79 votes

Wow, i gave you way too much credit. No wonder nobody cares that youve taken your biased revues elsewhere. You really do have a very limited knowledge of the rest of the AFL. Hinge has probably been in the Crows best 4 or 5 players this year and Dawson has been absolutely shite, the worst player for disposal efficiency by foot in the whole competition prior to Thursday night.
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2423 times
Been liked: 1660 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby helicopterking » Fri Apr 05, 2024 9:08 pm

Trade first pick and Rachele for Lukosius.
helicopterking
Coach

Has liked: 298 times
Been liked: 667 times

Postby Vamos » Fri Apr 05, 2024 9:38 pm

helicopterking wrote:Trade first pick and Rachele for Lukosius.

Need Mids STAT.
Whoops, there goes another year. Whoops, there goes another pint of beer.
Vamos
League - Top 5

Has liked: 354 times
Been liked: 476 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL