10%
SMOSH West Lakes
No votes
Unley Mercedes Jets
14%

Total votes : 21

Re: 2024 Adelaide Footy League - Division 3

Postby Bluedemon » Tue Apr 09, 2024 4:29 pm

S Demon wrote:Hey SA Footy fam, does anyone know where the league gets the premiership flags made from? No idea where to post this so I just stuck it here. We're looking at updating our flags to all look the same size as well as add the ones from years we don't actually have. Appreciate any help \:D/

Would Sportscentre make them at all?
SAFooty.net, where you hear the community football news first
Bluedemon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 83 times
Been liked: 97 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby S Demon » Tue Apr 09, 2024 4:33 pm

Bluedemon wrote:
S Demon wrote:Hey SA Footy fam, does anyone know where the league gets the premiership flags made from? No idea where to post this so I just stuck it here. We're looking at updating our flags to all look the same size as well as add the ones from years we don't actually have. Appreciate any help \:D/

Would Sportscentre make them at all?

All sorted
S Demon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 371 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Footy Chick » Tue Apr 09, 2024 4:55 pm

why didn't you just ask me? :lol:
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1739 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby wristwatcher » Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:18 am

Will anyone get near Henley in this division?
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 849 times

Postby S Demon » Wed Apr 10, 2024 12:24 pm

wristwatcher wrote:Will anyone get near Henley in this division?

Maybe only geographically...
S Demon
Assistant Coach

Postby wristwatcher » Wed Apr 10, 2024 12:47 pm

S Demon wrote:

Maybe only geographically...

That's not bad :lol:
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Postby marbles » Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:15 pm

North haven were looking on the rise past few years were looking like a powerhouse not so long ago.... should rebound again, seaton always tough, and smosh are always full of talent. Unley very similar club to us and recently DIv 1 not too long ago :-k
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 276 times
Been liked: 259 times

Postby wristwatcher » Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:50 pm

marbles wrote:North haven were looking on the rise past few years were looking like a powerhouse not so long ago.... should rebound again, seaton always tough, and smosh are always full of talent. Unley very similar club to us and recently DIv 1 not too long ago :-k

Great to see you are still floating around on here Iceman

I think SMOSH will continue to battle in this division. Not sure of their ins but definitely some quality outs. I have been told the same at Unley but that was by an Unley player who may be playing his cards close but I don’t expect them to be there in the final 3.

The big improvers this year will be Seaton. Saw them in a trial and they were humming. Meady will have them in the top 3 I’m tipping.. Tommy Me-Russo will be a great addition and will kick 50 plus for the year and won’t injure his hands handballibg. Between Meady and Paul Marshall they have got things in place to ensure they head North up the ladder.
wristwatcher
Coach

Postby wenchbarwer » Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:53 pm

wristwatcher wrote:
marbles wrote:North haven were looking on the rise past few years were looking like a powerhouse not so long ago.... should rebound again, seaton always tough, and smosh are always full of talent. Unley very similar club to us and recently DIv 1 not too long ago :-k

I think SMOSH will continue to battle in this division. Not sure of their ins but definitely some quality outs. I have been told the same at Unley but that was by an Unley player who may be playing his cards close but I don’t expect them to be there in the final 3.

The big improvers this year will be Seaton. Saw them in a trial and they were humming. Meady will have them in the top 3 I’m tipping.. Tommy Me-Russo will be a great addition and will kick 50 plus for the year and won’t injure his hands handballibg. Between Meady and Paul Marshall they have got things in place to ensure they head North up the ladder.

Will get on like a house on fire with Darren Me-ad, then!
wenchbarwer
Under 16s

Has liked: 298 times
Been liked: 82 times

Postby BigB » Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:37 am

I wonder what their points and salary cap look like? :shock:
:lol:
BigB

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 38 times
Grassroots Team: Unley

Postby marbles » Thu Apr 11, 2024 11:11 am

wristwatcher wrote:

we go way back wristy...you dont know it but i used to trade you my DVDs for ciggies when you worked at cash converters
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby wristwatcher » Thu Apr 11, 2024 12:47 pm

marbles wrote:
wristwatcher wrote:

we go way back wristy...you dont know it but i used to trade you my DVDs for ciggies when you worked at cash converters

Haha thats one of the scariest things i have ever read. I worked at Henley Beach Cash converters for like 3 months in 2006 with all the RCW Wrestlers. I still hold the record for biggest up-sell...Bought a ring for $80 and was re-sold for $2,080 :shock:

What a flashback. To keep it relevant i was playing at PNU and they were Div 3 that year :lol:

I always enjoy your unique way of looking at things and your honesty on here.
wristwatcher
Coach

Postby marbles » Thu Apr 11, 2024 6:04 pm

wristwatcher wrote:
marbles wrote:
wristwatcher wrote:

Haha thats one of the scariest things i have ever read. I worked at Henley Beach Cash converters for like 3 months in 2006 with all the RCW Wrestlers. I still hold the record for biggest up-sell...Bought a ring for $80 and was re-sold for $2,080 :shock:

What a flashback. To keep it relevant i was playing at PNU and they were Div 3 that year :lol:

I always enjoy your unique way of looking at things and your honesty on here.

Haha and u had dread locks

Did u get a commission on the ring?
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby hollywood7477 » Thu Apr 11, 2024 6:26 pm

BigB wrote:

I wonder what their points and salary cap look like? :shock:
:lol:

According to Darren Mead they are right on the 15points.

There is some confidence that they will improve. They have some quality ins but I still can’t see anyone getting close to Henley.

Henleys B’s and C’s will win by 15-20 goals every week. They have some serious depth. Lost a few players but have more than enough to replace.
Broadbent, Coroupis, Sherlock some massive ins. Pembroke will be ok, Hope Valley will be hard to beat at home and Unley who were unlucky not to go up will be around the mark. Lockleys is an interesting one. They will be trying to be the number 1 team from the west but can’t see that happening.

Smosh from all reports will be average at best. They have lost some serious talent.
hollywood7477
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 72 times

Postby Footy Chick » Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:18 pm

How long until the new Seaton rooms are open?

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Postby wristwatcher » Fri Apr 12, 2024 12:27 am

Footy Chick wrote:How long until the new Seaton rooms are open?

We had to play them at Eastern Parade as they were not ready 3 weeks ago. Fair to say long overdue, especially the visitors change rooms. You couldn’t swing a cat in there.
wristwatcher
Coach

Postby Mr Beefy » Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:09 am

Someone told me last night they are playing the first 9 games away, so I am guessing mid-year
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 406 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby hollywood7477 » Fri Apr 12, 2024 1:57 pm

Mr Beefy wrote:

Someone told me last night they are playing the first 9 games away, so I am guessing mid-year

Yep playing first 8 I think but yeah it’s taking a fair while. A few issues but last time I looked it is starting to take shape. Looks pretty good. Getting new interchange benches aswell
hollywood7477
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 72 times

Postby Footy Chick » Sun Apr 14, 2024 1:57 pm

Scotch OC
FINAL

SMOSH West Lakes
Scotch OC won by 12 points

CBCOC
FINAL

Seaton Ramblers
Draw

Henley
FINAL

Pembroke OS
Henley won by 46 points

North Haven
FINAL

Hope Valley
North Haven won by 49 points

Unley Mercedes Jets
FINAL

Lockleys
Unley Mercedes Jets won by 36 points

Footy Chick

Postby S Demon » Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:44 am

Bit surprised not see Lindsay Thomas named in the best for North Haven. Keen to see the umpires votes. Would have got 3 from me if I was umpiring. He looks a lot fitter than when he was at Portland and we had no answer for him in the midfield.

Also, anyone know why CBC are in C4 and there is a bye in C3 instead of them?
S Demon
Assistant Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League