HFL Division 2 (Country)

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

HFL Division 2 (Country)

Postby OneNine » Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:00 am

Any news of going on's at Kersbrook? Are the James brothers playing on? I have also heard that a number of Nairne boys are not happy currently and could be looking to move?
Everything is fair!
OneNine

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Re: 2008 Hills Country

Postby Cougar » Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:20 am

OneNine wrote:Any news of going on's at Kersbrook? Are the James brothers playing on? I have also heard that a number of Nairne boys are not happy currently and could be looking to move?

Brett James signed on again, and brothers are still playing at Kersbrook. If I was a betting man, I'd say they'll finish their careers there, considering their family's heritage involved with that Club. Similar to the Maynards at Lameroo.

Heard the opposite about Nairne though, as I understood they were looking to recruit heavily after last season's sixth place.
Cougar
League - Best 21

Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 37 times

Postby LuvsFooty » Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:32 am

What about Callington Cougar? I heard there will be plenty of players on the way out.
You can love football, but it wont always love you back!
LuvsFooty
League - Best 21

Been liked: 17 times

Postby Cougar » Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:42 am

LuvsFooty wrote:What about Callington Cougar? I heard there will be plenty of players on the way out.

Haven't heard. Think Ash Barnett has still got the gig out there, and he always brings a few (Troy Bond etc.), but if they are to lose more players than gain from last season, they are in big trouble. At one stage last season, and a HFL first, they forfeited BOTH grades on a road trip to Kersbrook.
Cougar
League - Best 21

Postby Brad Man » Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:38 pm

Cougar wrote:
LuvsFooty wrote:What about Callington Cougar? I heard there will be plenty of players on the way out.

Haven't heard. Think Ash Barnett has still got the gig out there, and he always brings a few (Troy Bond etc.), but if they are to lose more players than gain from last season, they are in big trouble. At one stage last season, and a HFL first, they forfeited BOTH grades on a road trip to Kersbrook.

Any news on Daniel Jenner from Callington, staying or going.....
Brad Man
Rookie

Postby Sherrin » Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:24 am

Nice work on the new thread One Nine - by having a Country option at least we don't have to put up with the Mount Lofty lads...
Also heard the opposite at Nairne though that no-one would be leaving and that they have got someone to back up their big beanstalk ruckman.
Wonder if Brodie Atkinson's move to Norwood means he can't play at the Dee's?

Has Hughes worked out what he's doing yet at TV?
Sherrin

Postby Cougar » Tue Oct 30, 2007 12:05 pm

Not sure about Jenner at Callington. Think he's connection with them, apart from the coin, is Barnett, so you would think if Barnett is still going around, he'll be there.

Brodie Atkinson will probably be able to play more games with Echunga, considering the amount of Friday night footy Norwood play. His connection with Echunga is the coach.

More giants at Nairne??? Kersbrook would kill for ONE giant!!

Hughes will have some association with TV next year. Either in the box or $upporting. Heard Hibberd from Lobey might be going there to as a replacement for this year's dud Ivan Silvy.
Cougar
League - Best 21

Postby Tanka » Tue Oct 30, 2007 12:30 pm

Has anyone else heard that Peter Vivian might be coaching Gumeracha..... used to coach Gawler Centrals and was very well respected....can bring some players too I am sure.

All is well at Nairne I believe and they should go OK...possibly the end of an era at TV with a few leaving, but no doubt there will be replacements.
Tanka
Under 16s

Has liked: 30 times
Been liked: 5 times

Postby ORDoubleBlues » Tue Oct 30, 2007 5:06 pm

Tanka wrote:Has anyone else heard that Peter Vivian might be coaching Gumeracha..... used to coach Gawler Centrals and was very well respected....can bring some players too I am sure.

All is well at Nairne I believe and they should go OK...possibly the end of an era at TV with a few leaving, but no doubt there will be replacements.

As mentioned on main thread, Brett Kent is coaching Gumeracha.
He did actually apply for the Maccy job as well but when we contacted him again, he'd already signed on with Gumeracha. Hope that's not a reflection on us :wink: :lol:
R.I.P. Patrice Lumumba 1925 - 1961
ORDoubleBlues
League - Top 5

Been liked: 10 times
Grassroots Team: Macclesfield

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Tue Oct 30, 2007 7:22 pm

Who is coaching Macclesfield in 2008 anyway?
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 738 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby stan » Tue Oct 30, 2007 7:59 pm

ORDoubleBlues wrote:
Tanka wrote:Has anyone else heard that Peter Vivian might be coaching Gumeracha..... used to coach Gawler Centrals and was very well respected....can bring some players too I am sure.

As mentioned on main thread, Brett Kent is coaching Gumeracha.
He did actually apply for the Maccy job as well but when we contacted him again, he'd already signed on with Gumeracha. Hope that's not a reflection on us :wink: :lol:

Good luck to him if he can turn gumeracha into a competative side again.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby choppy » Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:45 pm

meadows coaches announced next monday night 5th..could be missing a few players.
was warned about this when voted not to go to central.
choppy
Rookie

Been liked: 3 times

Postby Strawb » Wed Oct 31, 2007 7:23 am

Gumeracha lost alot of players when they didn't resign Hughesy as coach that is where they lost alot of telented young players
I am the Voice Left From Drinking
Strawb
Coach

Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 12 times
Grassroots Team: Wingfield Royals

Postby Cougar » Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:35 am

Strawb07 wrote:Gumeracha lost alot of players when they didn't resign Hughesy as coach that is where they lost alot of telented young players

The only talented players they had, were the ones Hughesy brought/bought along. Gums didn't want to go down that path (team of mercenaries), but Torrens Valley did. And unfortunately as history shows, money talks.

Who's the players leaving Meadows, and any tips on the incumbent coach?? Or Maccy's??

Any names on the blokes leaving Kangarilla?? And who are these Gay Bay blokes joining up for them?? They'll say they're locals......sure they are :wink: Are they trying to match TV in the $$$ stakes??

Tanka, as mentioned before Clark's brother is coaching Gumeracha, but Pete Vivian has had some association with Gums, having played cricket there for a couple of seasons recently with his lads. Think you'll find though, that Pete is finished with the Coaching Caper, and the boys and their mates are happy at Gawler. Would have been a big play though if Gums had got him.
Cougar
League - Best 21

Postby kappars » Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:38 am

I heard the same thing mate, from what I have been told their could be upto 5 leaving this will leave a huge gap in a already struggling club. Any idea were these players are heading?
kappars
Under 18s

Postby Cougar » Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:44 am

kappars wrote:

I heard the same thing mate, from what I have been told their could be upto 5 leaving this will leave a huge gap in a already struggling club. Any idea were these players are heading?

And if they are the blokes Barnett brought along they'll be in serious trouble. As those blokes were the only ones who had a bit of quality about them.
Cougar
League - Best 21

Postby kappars » Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:18 am

I think u will find we could be talking about the same players here mate, we will have to wait and see who goes were. I know they were lucky to get 2 or 3 of them last year as Medows and Handorf was talking to them and their mate(s).
kappars
Under 18s

Postby OneNine » Wed Oct 31, 2007 11:15 am

Gees start a thread, and come back and there's plenty of action going on.

I am not sure why Callington wouldnt want to look at current player hermy for a coach?
Everything is fair!
OneNine

Postby kappars » Wed Oct 31, 2007 1:36 pm

Does Callington still exist?
kappars
Under 18s

Postby Tex » Wed Oct 31, 2007 1:54 pm

Who's the players leaving Meadows, and any tips on the incumbent coach??

Mark Tucker, Trent Shorland, Tim Knappstein, Ev Taylor,either retired or all not playing at meadows next year, Possible Tarque, Morry, Brad Dubois, Josh Russell (will depend on new coach, no idea who coach will be).
add to team Sam Russell, Tahu Lanyon.
So damage isnt that bad yet but could be if all leave.
Tex
Rookie

Next

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy