Marion FC

A forum dedicated to the Southern Football League!

Marion FC

Postby White Line Fever » Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:26 pm

well with one training and one game left down at the rams, and alot of disappointed lads on missing finals i might as well throw out a positive.
In a team that didn't kick huge scores or dominate this year, I must commend Brad Smith currently on 66 goals (in top4 of SFL) on a great year for an old fart.
Here's hoping that Dads Army, you blokes know who you are, go around again in the new decade.
And well done to Fossil, hanging up the whistle from the boundry afters TOO many years of service.
Must have been Bellys bump that finished him ;) :lol: :lol: :lol:
White Line Fever
League - Top 5

Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 16 times

Re: Marion FC

Postby special » Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:48 pm

white line fever wrote:well with one training and one game left down at the rams, and alot of disappointed lads on missing finals i might as well throw out a positive.
In a team that didn't kick huge scores or dominate this year, I must commend Brad Smith currently on 66 goals (in top4 of SFL) on a great year for an old fart.
Here's hoping that Dads Army, you blokes know who you are, go around again in the new decade.
And well done to Fossil, hanging up the whistle from the boundry afters TOO many years of service.

see ya next year!
special
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby footy1992 » Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:57 pm

white line fever wrote:well with one training and one game left down at the rams, and alot of disappointed lads on missing finals i might as well throw out a positive.

Dennis "Fossil" Sim, bloody legend...great work Foss
footy1992
Under 16s

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 14 times

Postby Bag The Points » Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:47 am

I was wondering if it was Dennis Sim. Does this mean he is giving the umpiring with the Panel away as well ?
Bag The Points
League Bench Warmer

Postby kooka » Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:31 pm

What do you think Marion need next year to become more competitive and perhaps make the finals? Do you think that some blokes that were on contracts this year which did not deserve them will put there hand up again next year?

kooka
Mini-League

Postby Panther32 » Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:28 pm

kooka wrote:What do you think Marion need next year to become more competitive and perhaps make the finals? Do you think that some blokes that were on contracts this year which did not deserve them will put there hand up again next year?

Glenelg and Geelong as your clubs...Don't worry Couchy you earnt every cent! ;)
The only time i've ever been wrong...was when I thought I was wrong!!!
Panther32
League - Best 21

Has liked: 104 times
Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Reynella

Postby Leo » Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:12 pm

kooka wrote:What do you think Marion need next year to become more competitive and perhaps make the finals? Do you think that some blokes that were on contracts this year which did not deserve them will put there hand up again next year?

There's the first problem. Too much focus on contracts and noone playing for the love of the club. Couch was sensational this year and without him there was not much else. Depth at the club is struggling so i cant see any rapid improvement for 2010.
Leo
Rookie

Been liked: 8 times

Postby turning circle » Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:22 pm

basically with no juniors its about keeping who we have and filling holes as they appear through off season recruitment.

what is promising, is that next year for the first time i can remember we will have a full junior program up and kicking with the majority of juniors from this year staying down. so in the not to distant future we will have kids coming through putting pressure on the senior sides.

on the off field situation, we have a full committee of dedicated people who are busting theyre ass' providing us everything and every opportunity to succeed. good coaches through the ranks and a great bunch of volunteer/supporters who put they're hand up whenever needed. all we need is some more of the senior players to show some of the same dedication as these people and help out, i think we can fast track the process and get back up the top.

but it aint gonna be a 1 year turn around. but were not gonna turn into richmond
turning circle

Postby turning circle » Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:25 pm

and massive congratulations to d.sim. 10 laps b4 training everynight. champ

"wild thing" @ kareoke
turning circle

Postby kooka » Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:34 pm

footy1992 wrote:

Well done Fos a great effort
kooka
Mini-League

Postby White Line Fever » Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:42 pm

Yes. Lets hope we can get some depth next year and a few old scholars come back to have a kick under EX.
We need another ruckman. After Wadey there is no-one. We need depth and serious talent through Bs so the internal pressure makes everyone perform every week and we need sexy cheerleaders for morale.
White Line Fever
League - Top 5

Postby vics01 » Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:46 pm

footy 1992

Pity a great loss to footy. Great umpire with kids, hope fossil is able to pass on his experience to more junior umpires.
vics01
Reserves

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 58 times
Grassroots Team: Cove

Postby special » Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:33 am

vics01 wrote:
footy 1992

Pity a great loss to footy. Great umpire with kids, hope fossil is able to pass on his experience to more junior umpires.

nice comments vics good stuff
special
Rookie

Postby special » Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:43 am

lets have a look 5 under18's to come into b's next year = around 4 to come back to club after a year off. A grader picks up 5-6 new recuites means 5-6 a graders to come down already we have a stronger squad in the b's need 6ft chf and strong key ff and a ruckman(second) that is it with no a graders leaving we will be a much improved side next year? is the couch staying!i hope so makes for good viewing
special
Rookie

Postby kooka » Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:25 am

special wrote:lets have a look 5 under18's to come into b's next year = around 4 to come back to club after a year off. A grader picks up 5-6 new recuites means 5-6 a graders to come down already we have a stronger squad in the b's need 6ft chf and strong key ff and a ruckman(second) that is it with no a graders leaving we will be a much improved side next year? is the couch staying!i hope so makes for good viewing

Any names on the guys that had a year off to come back. Young guys or just some older guys coming back?
kooka
Mini-League

Postby & Pigs Fly » Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:40 pm

special wrote:lets have a look 5 under18's to come into b's next year = around 4 to come back to club after a year off. A grader picks up 5-6 new recuites means 5-6 a graders to come down already we have a stronger squad in the b's need 6ft chf and strong key ff and a ruckman(second) that is it with no a graders leaving we will be a much improved side next year? is the couch staying!i hope so makes for good viewing

So you haven't factored in any of this years A Graders dying of old age between now and next year?
& Pigs Fly
Mini-League

Postby White Line Fever » Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:55 pm

& Pigs Fly wrote:

So you haven't factored in any of this years A Graders dying of old age between now and next year?

The old-timers love it this year, and I'd say they will all go around again.
We do have a core group of guys all around the 75 to 100 game mark and no-one in that 25 to 30 age bracket where most blokes hit their peak, so we need those grandpas just for experience!!
White Line Fever
League - Top 5

Postby MR JUICY » Fri Aug 21, 2009 5:24 pm

Grandpa's hey!!!!!!!!!!!!! Interesting! Haha, Youth of today
MR JUICY
Under 16s

Grassroots Team: OSB Lonsdale

Postby de_luxe » Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:51 pm

I reckon some new balls to train with would be nice.
Also some tall timber would be nice. However there are a couple of younger guys with talent - just need to keep em at the club.
have a solid midfield on their day, but need to work on fitness and perhaps get a gym session into them 3 times a week.
Also some other goal kickers would go well, only really 3 or 4 goal kickers consistently and more often than not muff is kicked to.
Thats my say. Bring on 2010
de_luxe
Mini-League

Postby White Line Fever » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:47 pm

which younger guys do you speak of De_luxe??
White Line Fever
League - Top 5

Next

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  SFL