Northern Areas gossip

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Northern Areas gossip

Postby Battler » Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:39 pm

Gday. I used to work in Jamestown but that was years ago and now Im down the South East I don't hear much about the good ol NAFA. I see there are some great forums regarding other leagues but can't find much on the Northern Areas . So here goes......

Who are the coaches for 2010?- Opinions on any of these blokes. Who are the losses and signings / rumoured signings for each club?
Battler

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Keith

Re: Northern Areas gossip

Postby Checksider » Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:22 am

Hello Battler. Ive recently heard an ex North Adelaide,Gawler Central and Port Pirie ruckman is off to Jamestown next year. Also heard a number of clubs are recruiting hard / getting the cheque book out this year.
Checksider

Grassroots Team: Gawler Central

Postby Battler » Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:38 am

Sounds good for the once mighty Pies! Isnt that Burford lad is it?
Battler

Postby Checksider » Sun Nov 08, 2009 12:37 pm

Yep, thats the boy Battler. So Ive heard anyway. Don't get too excited yet mate - they do have Stacey and Farr to compliment him nicely tho.
Checksider

Grassroots Team: Gawler Central

Postby Brad » Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:48 pm

Michael Burford is from Peterborough and played juniors and some 'a' grade many years ago, will be a very handy pickup.

Have heard Crystal Brook have a number of 08 premiership players returning.
Brad
League - Best 21

Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: Crystal Brook

Postby Battler » Sun Nov 08, 2009 6:52 pm

Which players Brad? Didn't they have a few YP players playing for them that year?
Battler

Postby the trojan war » Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:44 pm

I've heard that BMW have Nigel Shinnick from Olympic Dam signed seeled and delivered, have also heard they'll be making a huge play (again) for Greg Fiebig.
the trojan war
Rookie

Grassroots Team: Para Hills

Postby Battler » Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:25 pm

Heard a heap of rumours today I thought Id put on here.
Shinnick as mentioned to BMW. Also one of their ex players Smith to return.

The medallist from Southern Flinders to try out at a league club but expected to return and a Port Augusta bloke to return to them.(Big bucks-some locals not happy??)

Crystal Brook to make the most of the can recycling prices doubling by getting a few from far and wide.

Orroroo to get Dignan back for round 1 and a number of returning players.

Port Broughton approached my cousins mate in Port Augusta.- While he is staying put he said they have got a heap in the pipeline, possibly the 2009 SGL medallist.......................

Any truth to some of these? More??
Battler

Postby Battler » Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:05 pm

Hey Trojan Horse. Mate of mine is from Booleroo
mates with a BMW figurehead
Battler

Postby Battler » Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:20 pm

Sh*t sorry about that Trojan Horse. I shouldn't my leave laptop near my 18 mth old boy hey! What I was going to say is that through a mate of mine in that district Im led to believe that Greg Fiebig says he is interested in coming back every year and while theyd be chasing him up theyd be mad to waste too many hours that they could be spending on more realistic pursuits.
He reckons they only need a few key players and a better run with injuries to be a contender next year. Has big raps for their coach too.
LOOK OUT FOR THOSE PIES THO!
PS Is Jamestown legendary coach (but major wanka) Bobby Boston coaching back in Pirie again?
Battler

Postby Cella Dwella » Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:28 pm

My mate Bob is coaching us for the second year running. Hes actually a good bloke (away......well away from the footy field) and I reckon hes got us on the right track.

I hear Southern Flinders is trying to get Copley back simply to make Scott Brand look less fat!!!

I know Burford is a good tap ruckman but he does bugger all else around the ground. Baker from Broughton will towel him up.
Cella Dwella
Rookie

Grassroots Team: Solomontown

Postby Cella Dwella » Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:02 pm

Who is the spanker that Dennis Green reckons is joining a Northern Areas club from a North Eastern club? Apparently has a couple of premierships under his belt.
Cella Dwella
Rookie

Postby Cella Dwella » Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:08 pm

Brad wrote:Michael Burford is from Peterborough and played juniors and some 'a' grade many years ago, will be a very handy pickup.

Wardle and Kemp returning to Crystal Brook? Jackman back also. One of the Arbons back from Adelaide too.

One story on the big recruit from North Eastern to Northern Areas has Aaron Spicer mentioned.-Also linked to 2 Wells
Cella Dwella
Rookie

Postby smack » Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:46 pm

Cella Dwella wrote:
Brad wrote:Michael Burford is from Peterborough and played juniors and some 'a' grade many years ago, will be a very handy pickup.

Wardle and Kemp returning to Crystal Brook? Jackman back also. One of the Arbons back from Adelaide too.

One story on the big recruit from North Eastern to Northern Areas has Aaron Spicer mentioned.-Also linked to 2 Wells

Don't know how correct this one is - have heard Kemp is staying at the crows - ardle is probably heading home though
smack
Mini-League

Postby Battler » Thu Nov 26, 2009 4:24 pm

smack wrote:
Cella Dwella wrote:

Don't know how correct this one is - have heard Kemp is staying at the crows - ardle is probably heading home though

While Kemp would be handy,Crystal Brook will be strong up forward anyway with Coffee and Hill up there.
Battler

Postby silicone skyline » Thu Nov 26, 2009 4:27 pm

Battler wrote:Hey Trojan Horse. Mate of mine is from Boolerooaxs sbvcxvv c vscs ç cgccfccsxx\aaZ

3[/flash][/flash][/flash][/flash]mates with a BMW figurehead

Post of the YEAR!!!
Ruthless and Relentless
silicone skyline
Coach

Postby silicone skyline » Thu Nov 26, 2009 4:32 pm

Cella Dwella wrote:My mate Bob is coaching us for the second year running. Hes actually a good bloke (away......well away from the footy field) and I reckon hes got us on the right track.

I hear Southern Flinders is trying to get Copley back simply to make Scott Brand look less fat!!!

I know Burford is a good tap ruckman but he does bugger all else around the ground. Baker from Broughton will towel him up.

Burford is quality mate. You shouldn't under rate him
Ruthless and Relentless
silicone skyline
Coach

Postby silicone skyline » Thu Nov 26, 2009 4:34 pm

Battler wrote:Sh*t sorry about that Trojan Horse. I shouldn't my leave laptop near my 18 mth old boy hey! What I was going to say is that through a mate of mine in that district Im led to believe that Greg Fiebig says he is interested in coming back every year and while theyd be chasing him up theyd be mad to waste too many hours that they could be spending on more realistic pursuits.

Fiebig happy in Whyalla I'd say.
Ruthless and Relentless
silicone skyline
Coach

Postby Battler » Thu Nov 26, 2009 4:42 pm

Silicone Skyline Im basing this Burford statement on what Ive seen playing against him for last few years and watching him at this years GF when he took one mark for the entire game playing his customary kick behind play role when the ball has gone forward! He is a bloody good ruckman for sure, just saying he is not going to turn things around on his own at Jamestown. He has been playing with a core group of onballers with plenty of Premiership experience the last few years so it will be a new challenge for him in 2010.
Battler

Postby Battler » Thu Nov 26, 2009 4:47 pm

Battler wrote:Silicone Skyline Im basing this Burford statement on what Ive seen playing against him for last few years and watching him at this years GF when he took one mark for the entire game playing his customary kick behind play role when the ball has gone forward! He is a bloody good ruckman for sure, just saying he is not going to turn things around on his own at Jamestown. He has been playing with a core group of onballers with plenty of Premiership experience the last few years so it will be a new challenge for him in 2010.

PS I used to live in Jamestown and still follow them too, so Im not bagging him or them as the other poster seems to be.
Battler

Next

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy