Postby 2old2slow » Tue Sep 13, 2016 6:01 pm

hancock may be a flog but not on the same page as big jock mcleay :lol:
2old2slow
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 6 times

Re: HFL Division 2 (Country)

Postby Toto » Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:08 am

Yeah don't think he will be at Nairne next year! They missed Luke Murphy, someone with a bit of grunt and heart!

I've seen the car Hancock is driving not sure if there's climbing to be done when you're already at the top.....
Toto
Under 16s

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 20 times

Postby 19thman » Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:33 am

2old2slow wrote:hancock may be a flog but not on the same page as big jock mcleay :lol:

:roll:
19thman

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Postby Cougar » Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:08 am

Congratulations to Roger James for joining his brother Brett in the SA Football Hall of Fame last night. Both are a by-product of the HFL and Kersbrook Football Club, starting in Mini, Junior and Senior Colts with the Brookers before joining Norwood. Their father and Uncle played over 400 games with distinction for the KFC.
Cougar
League - Best 21

Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 37 times

Postby cracka » Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:18 am

Cougar wrote:Congratulations to Roger James for joining his brother Brett in the SA Football Hall of Fame last night. Both are a by-product of the HFL and Kersbrook Football Club, starting in Mini, Junior and Senior Colts with the Brookers before joining Norwood. Their father and Uncle played over 400 games with distinction for the KFC.

If it wasn't for him (and the dumbass Saints supporters) Port would never have made the 04 GF. Great player, career cut short by injury
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 461 times
Been liked: 566 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby atlantis » Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:38 pm

19thman wrote:
2old2slow wrote:hancock may be a flog but not on the same page as big jock mcleay :lol:

:roll:

Hi Toto,
The reason they dangle the lease of a ugly $40k vehicle is because it its a way of locking you in without locking you in. Most people with a half reasonable job could buy one without the stickers all over it. This is the reason you see so many now all over the Adelaide hills.
Contracts into pyramid schemes are generally illegal. It sounds as though you might have already gone that that path though.
Good luck and I'm sure you'll be a retired millionaire within the next ten years. :roll: :roll: :roll:
atlantis

Been liked: 0 time

Postby Toto » Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:49 pm

@atlantis

Thanks for the insight, I'm not one to buy in to that sort of thing myself, all sounds like amway to me!
Toto
Under 16s

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 20 times

Postby B&F » Tue Sep 20, 2016 1:36 pm

Has the Hills Football League acted on the actions of Hancock? ..... Has the tribunal been held, haven't heard too much more... anyone know how many games he ended up getting...
B&F

Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Barker

Postby Elmer J Thudpucker » Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:03 pm

B&F wrote:Has the Hills Football League acted on the actions of Hancock? ..... Has the tribunal been held, haven't heard too much more... anyone know how many games he ended up getting...

I understand he's been given a 12 week ban, which given his previous tribunal history has pushed him into the 'banned for life" zone. Last I heard he was planning to appeal the sentence, claiming he didn't hit the umpire.

Stay tuned.....
Elmer J Thudpucker
Rookie

Been liked: 31 times
Grassroots Team: Bridgewater

Postby RAMS » Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:46 pm

Elmer J Thudpucker wrote:
B&F wrote:Has the Hills Football League acted on the actions of Hancock? ..... Has the tribunal been held, haven't heard too much more... anyone know how many games he ended up getting...

I understand he's been given a 12 week ban, which given his previous tribunal history has pushed him into the 'banned for life" zone. Last I heard he was planning to appeal the sentence, claiming he didn't hit the umpire.

Stay tuned.....

The tribunal hearing hasn't even occurred yet, will be held this Thursday. From my point of view he was definitely out of line but he did not touch the umpire. There's a bit to be played out with this one I feel.
RAMS

Has liked: 1 time

Postby Elmer J Thudpucker » Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:02 pm

RAMS wrote:

Stay tuned.....

The tribunal hearing hasn't even occurred yet, will be held this Thursday. From my point of view he was definitely out of line but he did not touch the umpire. There's a bit to be played out with this one I feel.

Thanks for the clarification. Maybe what I was told was reference to the prescribed penalty.

If he hit the cards out of the umpires hand (which doesn't seem to be disputed), it must have been a centimetre perfect swipe if he didn't touch the umpire at all - but that's for the tribunal to rule on I suppose.

According to the HFL by-laws, even negligent contact with an umpire brings a minimum 5 year ban (Intentionally, recklessly or negligently making contact with or striking an Umpire: Senior Player – 5 years to Life Ban)

Interesting to note that he's ringing Raiders players asking for support.
Elmer J Thudpucker
Rookie

Postby wonder_kid » Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:43 pm

Kangy player a few years back did the same thing got 16 weeks....
wonder_kid
Under 18s

Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 46 times

Postby Sherrin » Thu Sep 22, 2016 10:22 pm

Beefy moving on from the Brookers?
Sherrin

Postby Grumpy Old B » Thu Sep 22, 2016 10:42 pm

Hancock gets 10 weeks. He did say he wasn't playing in the hills next year. Will another club take him for half a season
Grumpy Old B

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 8 times

Postby Elmer J Thudpucker » Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:36 am

Grumpy Old B wrote:Hancock gets 10 weeks. He did say he wasn't playing in the hills next year. Will another club take him for half a season

Wonder how many previous suspensions he's had, cause he must be close to the 16 week number that results in being deregistered completely.
Elmer J Thudpucker
Rookie

Postby samantic » Sat Oct 01, 2016 1:55 pm

Grumpy Old B wrote:Hancock gets 10 weeks. He did say he wasn't playing in the hills next year. Will another club take him for half a season

Wonder how many previous suspensions he's had, cause he must be close to the 16 week number that results in being deregistered completely.

I believe he was only 2 short, if he got 12 that was it.

With Bridgee staying down I thought Nairne might take the opportunity to head on up. Im hearing they have decided to stay down though.
samantic
Mini-League

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 1 time

Postby TooNice » Sun Oct 02, 2016 6:47 pm

If Nairne are staying down, I think they have made the right call. Although their juniors now I think would be competitive in Div I, I think they still don't have enough depth in the seniors. Would be good for them to snag that elusive premiership in the seniors in Div 2 before considering the move. Also it would be good to build senior numbers up with maybe a C Grade team as well before moving up. Then the challenge would be to recruit those quality players to make it in Div 1.
TooNice
Mini-League

Postby NSP » Sun Oct 02, 2016 7:59 pm

By the sounds of things gumeracha already very active on recruiting sounds like prowse, both hanna brothers have already committed to the club. Hutt, pollock, kavanagh and randell also potentially heading back to the club
NSP

Postby carey » Sun Oct 02, 2016 9:43 pm

NSP wrote:By the sounds of things gumeracha already very active on recruiting sounds like prowse, both hanna brothers have already committed to the club. Hutt, pollock, kavanagh and randell also potentially heading back to the club

I know it was a priority of Jugheads to get all the locals back. His a great guy hope he goes well.
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2808 times
Been liked: 2996 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby The Gimp » Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:35 am

NSP wrote:By the sounds of things gumeracha already very active on recruiting sounds like prowse, both hanna brothers have already committed to the club. Hutt, pollock, kavanagh and randell also potentially heading back to the club

Prowse is a top bloke and I'd love to see him play again but would those serious ankle injuries allow him to play again?

Would be good to see Gum competitive again.
The Gimp
Reserves

Has liked: 45 times
Been liked: 15 times
Grassroots Team: Birdwood

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy