God's Own Rugby Team...

Any other sports

God's Own Rugby Team...

Postby MagicKiwi » Sat Jun 07, 2008 8:40 pm

...just beat Ireland tonight in the typical horrific wind and rain of MK's home town and birth place. Ireland for mine played a very good first half considering the diabolical conditions. But didn't make enough use of the wind and totally forgot in the second half that kicking against a gale force breeze isn't going to get you far. Run the ball!

Regardless, it was great to see the four new All Blacks do so well although one is gone injured already, shame. O'Gara for the Irish appears to have his eye in again unlike some of his kicks in the World Cup. I don't think O'Driscoll has much left in him, he is the face of Irish rugby but probably time. Two veterans for the Kiwis in Mealamu and Muliana I think will also hang their boots up some time soon.

Well done my boys, a perfect start to the Test season. Now for the Springbox V Wales in a few hours time!! Yay to Foxtel! :D
Red (and White)
Red (Backs)
All (Blacks)
MagicKiwi
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Broadview

Re: God's Own Rugby Team...

Postby magpie in the 80's » Sat Jun 07, 2008 8:44 pm

no scores MK :-k
I went to a fight the other night, and a hockey game broke out. - Rodney Dangerfield (1921 - 2004)
magpie in the 80's
Coach

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

Postby Dirko » Sat Jun 07, 2008 8:51 pm

God's own team....mmm the Wallabies weren't playing :wink:
The joy of being on the hill drinking beer cannot be understated
Dirko
Coach

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby MagicKiwi » Sat Jun 07, 2008 8:56 pm

21-11 mit80s, sorry 'bout that. :oops:

I am looking forward to the Wallabies first game next week under* their new coach and Kiwi, Robbie Deans who just took the Crusaders to another S14 title. I'm hearing that the players are responding well.*
Red (and White)
Red (Backs)
All (Blacks)
MagicKiwi
League Bench Warmer

Postby Dirko » Sat Jun 07, 2008 8:58 pm

What a legend he is...Cannot believe the Kiwi's didn't snaffle him after the World Cup fiasco...
The joy of being on the hill drinking beer cannot be understated
Dirko
Coach

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby MagicKiwi » Sat Jun 07, 2008 9:02 pm

He is indeed that. Graham Henry has been given a lifeline, also the NZ public were on his side.

Don't forget the forward pass..... :lol:
Red (and White)
Red (Backs)
All (Blacks)
MagicKiwi
League Bench Warmer

Postby JAS » Sat Jun 07, 2008 9:32 pm

:cry:

Congrats MK

Regard
JAS
You can't be a pirate if you don't have a beard. I said so. MY boat, MY rules.

We haven't got a plank. Just ******* jump

Trust no one The truth is everyone is going to let you down you eventually
JAS
Coach

Been liked: 0 time

Postby magpie in the 80's » Sat Jun 07, 2008 11:08 pm

australia play ireland 1st up next saturday
I went to a fight the other night, and a hockey game broke out. - Rodney Dangerfield (1921 - 2004)
magpie in the 80's
Coach

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

Postby MagicKiwi » Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:04 pm

Sorry JAS, hope I didn't spoil it for you. :goodman:

Maybe against the Wallabies with their new coach, have only had two weeks to prepare. Going to be a very interesting game.
Red (and White)
Red (Backs)
All (Blacks)
MagicKiwi
League Bench Warmer

Postby JAS » Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:28 pm

MagicKiwi wrote:Sorry JAS, hope I didn't spoil it for you. :goodman:

Maybe against the Wallabies with their new coach, have only had two weeks to prepare. Going to be a very interesting game.

Nah you didn't spoil anything...enjoyed reading your views on the game...would appreciate the same on future games too.

Sadly I don't get to see the games for Ireland or the home nations. I think Ruperts Evil Empire shows them but at around 100$ a month for a handful of games a year is a bit too pricey for me. The free-to-air's are all too busy falling over themselves to show a soccer tournement that none of the national teams are even playing in :roll: Haven't found it on the radio either...yet.

But then when it came to the World 7's nobody here televised them even though England and Wales played. We got highlights o the comp at Murrayfield and that was it :evil: Ah well should be used to it by now...but still bloody annoying at times... :roll: there goes another rant.

By the way is it true your little honey...Dan Carter is coming over to play in Europe for a bit...if so any idea where or which team???

Regards
JAS

JAS
Coach

Postby godoubleblues » Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:25 pm

flying to Auckland on 1 aug with about 8 or 9 mates to watch the Bled cup, cant wait
did it last year and although we lost it was great fun, it was a great crowd and we didnt even cop that much from the Kiwis

a bit of an indulgence but I have full approval from the missus 8)
she just gets to go on shopping trips to Sydney :roll:
godoubleblues
Coach

Grassroots Team: Millicent

Postby JAS » Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:07 pm

godoubleblues wrote:flying to Auckland on 1 aug with about 8 or 9 mates to watch the Bled cup, cant wait
did it last year and although we lost it was great fun, it was a great crowd and we didnt even cop that much from the Kiwis

Of course...it's Union...always good crowds with Union.

A tiny bit off topic but years ago a couple of RAF coppers I knew went to Twickenham for an England v France game. Took some whiskey in a hip flask to keep out the cold :wink: . Offered the flask to a French fan next to them and it promptly disappeared into the crowd. They assumed they'd seen the last of it. About 20 mintues later...tap on the shoulder...hip flask returned very empty. Couple of minutes after that another tap on the shoulder and a bottle of good quality brandy is passed forward with grateful thanks from the surrounding Frenchies :D

Must be something about the old prolate spheriod...don't see fans getting on that well when round balls are used :wink:

Regards
JAS

JAS
Coach

Postby godoubleblues » Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:26 pm

JAS wrote:
godoubleblues wrote:flying to Auckland on 1 aug with about 8 or 9 mates to watch the Bled cup, cant wait

Of course...it's Union...always good crowds with Union.

A tiny bit off topic but years ago a couple of RAF coppers I knew went to Twickenham for an England v France game. Took some whiskey in a hip flask to keep out the cold :wink: . Offered the flask to a French fan next to them and it promptly disappeared into the crowd. They assumed they'd seen the last of it. About 20 mintues later...tap on the shoulder...hip flask returned very empty. Couple of minutes after that another tap on the shoulder and a bottle of good quality brandy is passed forward with grateful thanks from the surrounding Frenchies :D

Must be something about the old prolate spheriod...don't see fans getting on that well when round balls are used :wink:

Regards
JAS

the Kiwis get it right with their grog at the Rugby as well, last year when we were there we could buy 4 packs of beer in plastic 400ml bottles and take them back to your seat, the good thing about that is that a four pack lasts the game just perfectly and it is so cold the beer does not get warm :lol:
must be something about the services, as I am going with all ex army buddies of mine
godoubleblues
Coach

Postby MagicKiwi » Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:09 pm

JAS Dan's being courted by Toulous (sp?) at the moment, nothing in concrete and he's not sure he's going anywhere yet. The clause has also just been written into my favouritest Richie McCaw's contract. Sign of things to come and showing a lot more common sense.

Those plastic bottles of beer gdb also get brought to your seat! We were right up the front in Auckland three years ago and didn't have to move while that beer kept arriving. Mr MK was waiting for me at the end of the game whilst powdering my nose and he reckons the biggest drunk Kiwi he's seen all night (big blonde chap) came up to him - Mr MK had his Wallabies jacket on. Thought it was curtains but then this guy said "hope the Auckland people gave you as much hospitality here as we get when we go to Sydney to watch the All Blacks." Mr MK was rather chuffed because we had indeed had the best time since arriving there.

Rugby crowds, ahh. Jealous bdp but saving it* for RWC in three years when we're going to take a few months off.
Red (and White)
Red (Backs)
All (Blacks)
MagicKiwi
League Bench Warmer

Postby JAS » Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:21 pm

Thanks for the info MK :D

So it looks like Toulouse are trying to improve their chances of taking the Heineken Cup back from my boys next year :lol:

A whole 3 years til the next RWC...seems like forever. Always love the RWC...watching how supporters from everywhere and anywhere raise the roof for the underdogs and teams from tiny nations when they're up against the big guns says it all really.

Regards
JAS

JAS
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:59 pm

JAS if you have a program to download bit torrens diwana.org has most rugby games from around the world for download.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2039 times
Been liked: 3880 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby godoubleblues » Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:23 pm

MagicKiwi wrote:JAS Dan's being courted by Toulous (sp?) at the moment, nothing in concrete and he's not sure he's going anywhere yet. The clause has also just been written into my favouritest Richie McCaw's contract. Sign of things to come and showing a lot more common sense.

Those plastic bottles of beer gdb also get brought to your seat! We were right up the front in Auckland three years ago and didn't have to move while that beer kept arriving. Mr MK was waiting for me at the end of the game whilst powdering my nose and he reckons the biggest drunk Kiwi he's seen all night (big blonde chap) came up to him - Mr MK had his Wallabies jacket on. Thought it was curtains but then this guy said "hope the Auckland people gave you as much hospitality here as we get when we go to Sydney to watch the All Blacks." Mr MK was rather chuffed because we had indeed had the best time since arriving there.

Rugby crowds, ahh. Jealous bdp but saving it* for RWC in three years when we're going to take a few months off.

the group of us that go to NZ each year is also looking at going to the RWC for a few games, looking forward to it
godoubleblues
Coach

Postby MagicKiwi » Wed Jun 18, 2008 1:54 pm

Do you get your packages through the Fanatics gdp?
Red (and White)
Red (Backs)
All (Blacks)
MagicKiwi
League Bench Warmer

Postby godoubleblues » Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:48 pm

MagicKiwi wrote:Do you get your packages through the Fanatics gdp?

no I have a mate who is a travel agent and he does it all
for me this year it works out to about $1600 for flights in and out of Adelaide to Auckland, 3 nights accom at the New President which is across the road from the Skytower and tickets to the game, and a supporters hat, not sure if it is cheap or not but to me it is an indulgence :D
my mates are in other places such as Canberra, Sydney and Brisbane and I think they are slightly cheaper

I think it was just over $1300 last year but I flew in and out of Melbourne as I was there for work
godoubleblues
Coach

Postby brod » Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:44 am

Kiwis would be expecting another win tonight against the English, especially if the referee stays in the same hotel as the All Blacks again. Plenty been going on for the English side during the week and they will be looking forward to getting back out on the park to actually play, that is until Richie McCaw starts cheating again and the All Blacks spank them.

New Zealand by 18
brod
Coach

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 26 times

Next

Board index   Other Sports  Other Sports