Other International Cricket

First Class Cricket Talk (International and State)

Re: Other International Cricket

Postby bennymacca » Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:48 pm

Would have loved to see a test championship get off the ground. Would have provided so much more meaning to a lot of these games
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Dogmatic » Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:25 pm

I don't think this record will be broken.

Abdur Rehman comes in to bowl

Abdur Rehman to Imrul Kayes, 1 no ball, what is that! this one slips out of his hand and it's gone way up and way wide.. Lucky that he is a spinner
Abdur Rehman to Imrul Kayes, (no ball) 1 run, another full toss, this one is outside off and what does the batsman do, he slaps it straight to deep midwicket, Everyone is looking around to see the umpire's reaction because this could be a no-ball for height. What a filthy start! But he could get away with a wicket. This is definitely high. It's too high. It's a no ball. It's his second delivery that is too high. Last one was a beamer wide outside off. This is a beamer. This is unprecedented. He is being taken off? No, he will continue. He is fine
He comes round the wicket

Abdur Rehman to Anamul Haque, (no ball) FOUR, and a third delivery! This is definitely a beamer! Full toss on the body, slapped to midwicket boundary. But this is farcical from Rehman. First three balls, all beamer. Now he is out of the attack. Misbah's ploy of using spin has gone down the drain. Rehman's game is over. What a record this is going to be! Rehman 0-0-8-0
Below are the captain's comments before the game.
Misbah-ul-Haq says he's had a talk with the team about the running. "Don't run until the ball goes to the boundary," he joked. Sharjeel Khan is sitting out with injury, so Fawad Alam is in. Abdur Rehman takes the place of Junaid Khan. The pitch is slow and it is turning a lot, says Misbah. Rehman is a quality bowler and we decided to give him a chance. It is a new game and momentum is important going ahead in the tournament
For every one I miss I am closer to a hole in one.
Dogmatic
League - Best 21

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 32 times
Grassroots Team: Brahma Lodge

Postby Jim05 » Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:36 pm

Kiwis smashed the Windies away from home. Windies are a deadset embarassment ATM
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3553 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby whufc » Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:42 pm

Jim05 wrote:Kiwis smashed the Windies away from home. Windies are a deadset embarassment ATM

Its real sad watching the current West Indies squad.

Blokes like Gayle don't give a crap about test cricket and the windies cricket board is a disgraceful and imho wouldn't care if the side lost its test status and just played odi and t20.

Ireland will take there test status in the next 3 years imho.

Jimmy Neesham 23yo from NZ has now also hit two hundreds in his first two test matches one get against the windies and one against india on debut. Looks alright
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5591 times
Been liked: 2531 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby heater31 » Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:07 pm

whufc wrote:Ireland will take there test status in the next 3 years imho.

Ireland are at least 3 years away from a viable first class setup. Need to have a strong competition there first before they even think about test cricket.

Need to spread the game out from Dublin (roughly the size of Adelaide I think) throughout the country.
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby whufc » Thu Jun 12, 2014 5:30 pm

heater31 wrote:

Ireland are at least 3 years away from a viable first class setup. Need to have a strong competition there first before they even think about test cricket.

Need to spread the game out from Dublin (roughly the size of Adelaide I think) throughout the country.

I don't think they will set up there own first class system, I think they will have youth academy type setup and then filter players through to county cricket in England.
whufc
Coach

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Thu Jun 12, 2014 5:35 pm

whufc wrote:I don't think they will set up there own first class system, I think they will have youth academy type setup and then filter players through to county cricket in England.

I tend to agree - why try and set up your own first class system when there is a ready made one just a short swim away.. Perhaps Ireland will look to combine their first class cricket with England by providing a few teams? (Or do they do this already?)
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Has liked: 402 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby OnSong » Thu Jun 12, 2014 5:36 pm

Phantom Gossiper wrote:
whufc wrote:I don't think they will set up there own first class system, I think they will have youth academy type setup and then filter players through to county cricket in England.

I tend to agree - why try and set up your own first class system when there is a ready made one just a short swim away.. Perhaps Ireland will look to combine their first class cricket with England by providing a few teams? (Or do they do this already?)

Makes sense really.
Right in front of me. RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!
OnSong
Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 543 times

Postby heater31 » Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:30 pm

whufc wrote:
heater31 wrote:

I don't think they will set up there own first class system, I think they will have youth academy type setup and then filter players through to county cricket in England.

Nope they are trying to develop their own system. They have lost a few players to England by sending them over there. Get a viable system going and yes they could transition into Test Cricket.

A bloke by the name of Nathan Waller spent time here in Adelaide last summer who's uncle actually played for Zimbabwe, left his homeland and qualified for Ireland with the hope of having a first class setup. Maybe they could team up with the Netherlands and have a 2 country system as they have similar problems at the Irish. The Dutch have lost one of their better players in Alexei Kervezee as he wants to now focus on a first class career with Worcestershire.
heater31

Postby bennymacca » Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:00 pm

what about putting their national team in the county setup?
bennymacca
Coach

Postby heater31 » Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:09 pm

bennymacca wrote:what about putting their national team in the county setup?

Already 18 clubs in the 2 division county championship. The England captain plays Div 2 when he plays! Can't see them expanding the schedule anymore due to its current overloading.

Ireland, Scotland and the Netherlands have played some part in their limited overs competition in recent years.
heater31

Postby probie » Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:54 pm

Roughy how many players in the England county set up are Irish? Could they almost have their own side? Not as an addition, but instead of?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Using Tapatalk
probie

Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 5 times

Postby whufc » Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:43 pm

whufc
Coach

Postby heater31 » Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:13 pm

whufc wrote:http://notsosecretmarketeer.wordpress.com/2012/01/27/first-class-irish-look-for-a-test-developing-cricket-in-ireland-to-gain-test-match-status/

Good article

Yep I agree the best chance at succeeding is to join forces with the Scots, Dutch or both. Its only a 45 minute flight from London Gatwick to Dublin so no worse than here in Australia traveling interstate for a game.
heater31

Postby bennymacca » Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:15 am

Brag: went to Lords today and watched England Sri Lanka. Lords is amazing. Just walking into the place you get a sense of history.

Was a pretty boring day though, pitch was pretty placid. Seeing Kumar bat for the first time and ton up was great.
bennymacca
Coach

Postby heater31 » Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:18 pm

bennymacca wrote:Brag: went to Lords today and watched England Sri Lanka. Lords is amazing. Just walking into the place you get a sense of history.

Was a pretty boring day though, pitch was pretty placid. Seeing Kumar bat for the first time and ton up was great.

I strongly advise to go on the tour there.....although mine was slightly ruined by being there 2 days before the Ashes test last year. Wasn't allowed into the dressing rooms as the players gear had turned up in preparation for the match.
heater31

Postby bennymacca » Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:43 pm

didnt have a chance to go on the tour, but did go for a look in the museum and have a look at the ashes etc.
bennymacca
Coach

Postby heater31 » Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:33 am

bennymacca wrote:didnt have a chance to go on the tour, but did go for a look in the museum and have a look at the ashes etc.

Sounds like that is the best you could do on a Test Match day.

What did they slug you for a ticket? Being a non ashes test a lot less than 90 quid I paid for last year for day 4 Nottingham I hope....
heater31

Postby tnt » Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:02 am

Can't believe the Poms didnt declare (just to get Ballance a ton) on day 4 and have a late crack at the Lankans. Hopefully the Lankans can bat out the day.
tnt
Rookie

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 11 times

Postby bennymacca » Mon Jun 16, 2014 3:58 pm

heater31 wrote:
bennymacca wrote:didnt have a chance to go on the tour, but did go for a look in the museum and have a look at the ashes etc.

Sounds like that is the best you could do on a Test Match day.

What did they slug you for a ticket? Being a non ashes test a lot less than 90 quid I paid for last year for day 4 Nottingham I hope....

£70. Guessing you could have paid more though.

Guess they can charge so much because the grounds are so small.

For those that are SACA members, you have full reciprocal rights at lords though. One of our mates was there and spent half the day in the long room. Treated like a king with the service he got. He was under the impression that not many people take advantage of the fact that they can use their SACA membership because the people at the ticket office knew him by name because of his emails etc.

He also tried to get us into the members and friends stand but it was full already.
bennymacca
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Cricket