Things that you rate!

Anything!

Re: Things that you rate!

Postby Jase » Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:00 pm

heater31 wrote:
Jase wrote:
The Ash Man wrote:Foo Fighters tonight

Northen end, cant see the circular stage cos of the damned mixing desks...

W@NKERS...

;)

I can coz I'm next to the sound desk ;)

w@nker

[emoji12] [emoji12]
Jase
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1480 times
Been liked: 552 times

Postby The Dark Knight » Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:07 pm

Jase wrote:
heater31 wrote:
Jase wrote:
The Ash Man wrote:Foo Fighters tonight

Northen end, cant see the circular stage cos of the damned mixing desks...

W@NKERS...

;)

I can coz I'm next to the sound desk ;)

w@nker

[emoji12] [emoji12]

F**king packed here. Was going to go out onto the field and bugger that it's just a sea of people. Found a nice spot to sit where I can actually see the stage.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10339 times
Been liked: 1520 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby woodublieve12 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 7:30 am

i was in the northern stand could see everything fine...

Awesome concert
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3025 times
Been liked: 2401 times

Postby Psyber » Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:44 am

Footy Chick wrote:More like Dom Perignon!

Actually we've been drinking Dominique Portet Brut Rose lately - made here and affordable at $29.99 a bottle.
Billecart-Salmon is my favourite French champagne, but I'm something of a beer man really.

We haven't set the travel date yet as she has commitments as an actress in September which had been first suggested as a time to go.
We are tossing up whether to have a white Christmas or wait till March when it is warming up a bit.
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 390 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby Johno6 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:23 am

It's D day.
Here goes nothing.....
R.I.P Mum 28/02/12

Asterix Users - Squibs
Johno6
Coach

Has liked: 344 times
Been liked: 604 times
Grassroots Team: Golden Grove

Postby Footy Chick » Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:56 am

Psyber wrote:

Actually we've been drinking Dominique Portet Brut Rose lately - made here and affordable at $29.99 a bottle.
Billecart-Salmon is my favourite French champagne, but I'm something of a beer man really.

We haven't set the travel date yet as she has commitments as an actress in September which had been first suggested as a time to go.
We are tossing up whether to have a white Christmas or wait till March when it is warming up a bit.

Couldn't beat a white Christmas I reckon (not that I'll ever see one)
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby Jase » Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:58 am

woodublieve12 wrote:i was in the northern stand could see everything fine...

Awesome concert

It was indeed a great concert...

To be honest, once the Delta Riggs had finished they took down the back "wall" of the sound desk on the right, so our view wasn't particularly blocked at all...

Loved that the concert was at Coopers, a great location, big enough to have a 20-30K crowd, but still has a pretty intimate feel for a "stadium" show...

This was the first concert I've been to where I was in a seated spot and was surprised that when FF came on stage, everyone stayed seated and didn't get up for any of the show, kind of surreal experience to be honest. I'm getting a bit old for Standing, well my knees are any way, so I'll just have to get used to it.

Dave Grohl really is an amazing front man, and still the best drummer in the band... Love seeing get behind the kit for Rise Against's Scream cover...

Top night all round...
Jase
League - Best 21

Postby Failed Creation » Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:45 am

Footy Chick wrote:
Psyber wrote:

Never say never...
Politicians kissing babies for good luck,
TV preachers sell salvation for a buck.
You don't need no golden cross to tell you wrong from right,
The world's worst murderers were those who saw the light.
Failed Creation
Coach

Has liked: 3307 times
Been liked: 613 times
Grassroots Team: Gawler Central

Postby Booney » Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:50 am

Jase wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:i was in the northern stand could see everything fine...

Awesome concert

It was indeed a great concert...

To be honest, once the Delta Riggs had finished they took down the back "wall" of the sound desk on the right, so our view wasn't particularly blocked at all...

Loved that the concert was at Coopers, a great location, big enough to have a 20-30K crowd, but still has a pretty intimate feel for a "stadium" show...

This was the first concert I've been to where I was in a seated spot and was surprised that when FF came on stage, everyone stayed seated and didn't get up for any of the show, kind of surreal experience to be honest. I'm getting a bit old for Standing, well my knees are any way, so I'll just have to get used to it.

Dave Grohl really is an amazing front man, and still the best drummer in the band... Love seeing get behind the kit for Rise Against's Scream cover...

Top night all round...

It was indeed a great show.....but, my only gripe, please play the song as we all know it.

While I like the crowd interaction from Grohl, the "break down" in the middle of almost every song for 2-3 minutes is difficult to follow. I don't know that bit! While I know all bands do it to either showcase their talent, interact with the crowd, stretch the play list out etc etc, does it need to be in almost every song?

I've seen them 5 times now, I think last night had more of that than any other time I've seen them.

Whilst having a leak with a few songs left, I noted this to some pissed idiot next to me. "I f**** love the middle songs, they were the best part of the show" he said, as he palm strikes me on the shoulder. So, I swap hands to control what I was doing and belt the fool back. "I wasn't talking about the middle songs, you ******* idiot, I was talking about the middle of each song!".

A small scuffle ensued, he may have fallen over, I didn't. We both moved on.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7493 times
Been liked: 10776 times

Postby Psyber » Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:26 am

Footy Chick wrote:
Psyber wrote:

I thought that too, at least in Australia, but while living in Olinda in the Dandenong Ranges we had an inch of snow on Christmas Day 2007.
That was unusual - it snowed there about 5 times a year, but usually between May and August.
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 390 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby MatteeG » Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:51 pm

Booney wrote:It was indeed a great show.....but, my only gripe, please play the song as we all know it.

While I like the crowd interaction from Grohl, the "break down" in the middle of almost every song for 2-3 minutes is difficult to follow. I don't know that bit! While I know all bands do it to either showcase their talent, interact with the crowd, stretch the play list out etc etc, does it need to be in almost every song?

I've seen them 5 times now, I think last night had more of that than any other time I've seen them.

Agree with this Boon Man. Compared to say the Ent Centre show a few years back where they may have done it once or twice it was noticeable for most songs this time around. Still a great show but they have enough back catalogue to smash through 2.5 hours without playing the 10 minute extended remix of each song.

Gees you occasionally speak some sense for a Port bloke. :supz:
helicopterking wrote:Flaggies will choke. Always have.
MatteeG
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 511 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Postby The Dark Knight » Fri Mar 06, 2015 7:53 pm

Booney wrote:It was indeed a great show.....but, my only gripe, please play the song as we all know it.

Forgot to quote this the other day, I didn't like some of the breakdowns either and one in particular, during Monkey Wrench, it annoyed the shit out of me. Monkey Wrench is my second favourite Foos song behind My Hero. It's a loud, fast paced song that you just want to belt out when listening to it and shouldn't be slowed down halfway through IMO. Monkey Wrench is best when they just smash through it and play it loud as they can, the last verse is my absolute favourite part of all Foo Fighter songs and the breakdown before it was annoying and took too long, I found myself thinking come on Dave, play and sing the next verse mate please! during the breakdown and sort of ruined the excitement and energy of the song a bit for mine.

If they didn't have the breakdowns they could of possibly added a few more of my favourite songs such as Low, Gimme Stitches, Wind Up, Good Grief, Stacked Actors and White Limo.

I guess I can dare to dream and we always have particular songs we went wants bands to play when we see them in a concert, especially when they've lengthened songs with these breakdowns and we know they could of added a few more songs to the setlist instead.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10339 times
Been liked: 1520 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby heater31 » Fri Mar 06, 2015 8:52 pm

I clean forgot they hadn't finished Monkey Wrench they went off on a tangent for so bloody long!
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby Jase » Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:00 pm

I just wish they would play Hey Johnny Park [PENSIVE FACE]
Jase
League - Best 21

Postby Booney » Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:20 am

Oksana Rykova

=P~
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:51 am

Booney wrote:Oksana Rykova

=P~

just had to do a quick search on my computer.....

wow!!!
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3025 times
Been liked: 2401 times

Postby JK » Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:19 pm

=P~

Yes well played David!!
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4460 times
Been liked: 2988 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:29 pm

JK wrote:

=P~

Yes well played David!!

that was a marvellous *pull shot to the ropes
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11844 times
Been liked: 3600 times

Postby GWW » Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:17 pm

I just googled her then, too - she reminds me a bit of Pia Miller, whos just moved to Summer Bay as the local cop.
GWW

Has liked: 816 times
Been liked: 166 times

Postby Booney » Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:32 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:
JK wrote:
=P~

Yes well played David!!

that was a marvellous *pull shot to the ropes

Like my namesake, a nice little grab at short leg was the highlight of the days play.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion