Things that you rate!

Anything!

Re: Things that you rate!

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Wed Aug 05, 2015 5:11 pm

Good to hear Johno is back at work, goodluck and break a leg
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11840 times
Been liked: 3598 times

Postby RustyCage » Thu Aug 06, 2015 12:12 am

This voice! Such an underrated singer

http://youtu.be/zk3sW9rs5bY
I'm gonna break my rusty cage and run
RustyCage

Has liked: 1260 times
Been liked: 933 times

Postby Footy Chick » Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:22 pm

I always thought Dungeons and Dragons was for nerds as a kid but I was a big closet fan of the cartoon, which I'm sure most of us here are old enough to remember.

Well they're making a movie, hopefully it's a cartoon movie. I'd rate that.
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby Booney » Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:33 pm

Footy Chick wrote:I always thought Dungeons and Dragons was for nerds as a kid but I was a big closet fan of the cartoon, which I'm sure most of us here are old enough to remember.

Well they're making a movie, hopefully it's a cartoon movie. I'd rate that.

I had some excellent nights with my older brother and his mates playing D&D on a pool table that was permanently set up in D&D mode in one of their sheds.

Always used to smell funny in that shed and used to laugh at most things that happened. The game always made me hungry. Must be how hard I was concentrating.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7491 times
Been liked: 10772 times

Postby carey » Sat Aug 08, 2015 10:36 am

Packing a carton of red cans on ice for a day out at country footy......
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2808 times
Been liked: 2996 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby Spargo » Sat Aug 08, 2015 12:19 pm

carey wrote:Packing a carton of red cans on ice for a day out at country footy......

That's the reserves game covered, what are you drinking when the A grade is on?
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5478 times
Been liked: 5119 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby whufc » Sat Aug 08, 2015 9:16 pm

Israel Folau
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5588 times
Been liked: 2529 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby carey » Sun Aug 09, 2015 2:48 pm

Spargo wrote:
carey wrote:Packing a carton of red cans on ice for a day out at country footy......

I've just got out of bed. Huge day. Did the box in then a couple of scotch cans. I now don't fear death as I know what it feels like.
carey
Coach

Postby whufc » Sun Aug 09, 2015 2:50 pm

carey wrote:
Spargo wrote:

I've just got out of bed. Huge day. Did the box in then a couple of scotch cans. I now don't fear death as I know what it feels like.

Who u go watch
whufc
Coach

Postby RustyCage » Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:05 pm

carey wrote:
Spargo wrote:

Drinking that red can swill will do that to you
I'm gonna break my rusty cage and run
RustyCage

Has liked: 1260 times
Been liked: 933 times

Postby carey » Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:34 pm

whufc wrote:
carey wrote:
Spargo wrote:

Who u go watch

Peake v Pinnaroo in the Mallee league mate.
carey
Coach

Postby HH3 » Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:46 pm

Finally getting out to play gridiron.

I was going to do it last season, but the broken collarbone ended that dream. I played Gaelic in the summer instead.

Been training for roughly 6 weeks (dropped footy training and playing Cs as a result) just so I can actually get a few seasons of gridiron in before Im too old and my body's rooted.

Training is heaps of fun. Learning a lot about the game. I follow the NFL a lot closer than I follow the AFL, and even the amount of stuff I watch and read, there's a lot of stuff you would never pick up without doing it.

Started full pads training a couple of weeks ago, and anyone that says gridiron players are soft for wearing pads has obviously never taken a hit in them. The very first time I had a helmet to helmet collision, it blew my mind all the sensations that ran through my body. The sound of the clash was deafening, my neck snapped further back than I would like, and then the rest of the other guys body caught up and put me down. Got up fairly gingerly that time.

Tonight we did a fair bit of full pace/full contact work, and the difference in my technique is night and day compared to that first hit.

Loving it so much that I don't even notice that we go over the two hour training time, and usually at the end, Im disappointed I have to leave.

Got my playbook tonight, so got lots to learn.
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2433 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Spargo » Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:09 am

HH3 wrote:Finally getting out to play gridiron.

I was going to do it last season, but the broken collarbone ended that dream. I played Gaelic in the summer instead.

Been training for roughly 6 weeks (dropped footy training and playing Cs as a result) just so I can actually get a few seasons of gridiron in before Im too old and my body's rooted.

Training is heaps of fun. Learning a lot about the game. I follow the NFL a lot closer than I follow the AFL, and even the amount of stuff I watch and read, there's a lot of stuff you would never pick up without doing it.

Started full pads training a couple of weeks ago, and anyone that says gridiron players are soft for wearing pads has obviously never taken a hit in them. The very first time I had a helmet to helmet collision, it blew my mind all the sensations that ran through my body. The sound of the clash was deafening, my neck snapped further back than I would like, and then the rest of the other guys body caught up and put me down. Got up fairly gingerly that time.

Tonight we did a fair bit of full pace/full contact work, and the difference in my technique is night and day compared to that first hit.

Loving it so much that I don't even notice that we go over the two hour training time, and usually at the end, Im disappointed I have to leave.

#YOLO

Spargo
Coach

Postby Footy Chick » Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:22 am

Nice one...is Wendy still out there? I be surprised if she wasn't! :lol:

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Postby HH3 » Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:30 pm

Footy Chick wrote:

Nice one...is Wendy still out there? I be surprised if she wasn't! [emoji38]

Yeah shes out there collecting fees. Havent really talked to her besides getting receipts.
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2433 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby whufc » Thu Aug 13, 2015 2:03 pm

That's exactly what I'm like this year at rugby union which is my first season playing the sport despite always wanting to
whufc
Coach

Postby Footy Chick » Thu Aug 13, 2015 2:17 pm

I rate discovering by accident that the Coodabeen Champions are doing a once only show in Melbourne on September 26. :D

They were/are gold. I still have their book :lol:

Footy Chick

Postby Spargo » Thu Aug 13, 2015 2:39 pm

Footy Chick wrote:I rate discovering by accident that the Coodabeen Champions are doing a once only show in Melbourne on September 26. :D

They were/are gold. I still have their book :lol:

"Never turn right at Bourke Rd, Malvern" :lol:

Spargo
Coach

Postby Gozu » Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:04 pm

Recent footage of one of the biggest great white sharks in known existence 'Deep Blue' filmed off the coast of Mexico.

What a beautiful specimen she is.
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 660 times

Postby wristwatcher » Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:39 pm

2 weeks after breaking my ribs I was finally able to take the dogs for their evening walk again and it was a Golden Sunset. Sometimes it's the little things and they were pretty damn happy about it.
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 845 times

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion