Things that you rate!

Anything!

Re: Things that you rate!

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue May 30, 2017 10:50 am

Divorce Day is today, well it goes to court.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue May 30, 2017 11:08 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:Divorce Day is today, well it goes to court.

That was quick, DIVORCE has been granted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Dutchy » Tue May 30, 2017 11:28 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:

Congrats......I think.... :D
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3484 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue May 30, 2017 11:35 am

Dutchy wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

Congrats......I think.... :D

Cheers mate, huge relief and weight off my shoulders.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Tue May 30, 2017 12:01 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:

"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3016 times
Been liked: 2384 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue May 30, 2017 12:17 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

No one told me it wasn't a race.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby amber_fluid » Tue May 30, 2017 5:08 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:

Great news......... now you're free to do it all over again! :lol:
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue May 30, 2017 5:13 pm

amber_fluid wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

Great news......... now you're free to do it all over again! :lol:

Oh yeah, with the 31 day cooling off period it will mean I'm an unmarried man for 14 days LOL!
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Booney » Wed May 31, 2017 11:30 am

Going up to "The Bend" Motorsport park early next week to check out the early stages of construction.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby The Dark Knight » Wed May 31, 2017 8:01 pm

I have recently purchased my first home.

This afternoon I signed the mortgage forms at the bank and yesterday I went to see my conveyancer, so everything is now almost finalized for settlement in two weeks time.

I'm very excited, everything I've had to do for it is a bit overwhelming but I'm very happy with the house I've bought and I knew as soon as I walked it I wanted it.

The real estate agent has been very helpful, easy going and genuine good bloke, very different to some of the agents I've met over the past 6 months. I couldn't get to the first open due to footy so I rang the agent and he allowed me to go and look at the house before anyone else on the Saturday morning. From there I was effectively first in best dressed, first one to put in an offer and while I had to come up from my offer price to beat off two other offers I was his first preferred buyer.

I did my home loan pre approval in October so been officially looking since then and have looked at about 25 properties prior to finding my house.

The great thing is it's a 3 year old house so basically brand new and I don't have to do anything to it. I move from our family home that's 5 years old to a newer house and working full time I don't want to be spending my free time doing renovations, so buying a newer house was always going to be the objective. Working full time for 7 years now has allowed me to be in a strong financial position where I can buy a nice first home. I'm incredibly lucky to be where I am right now with the job I have.

Here's hoping for a smooth transition into my new home.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10298 times
Been liked: 1516 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Brodlach » Wed May 31, 2017 8:02 pm

Congrats TDK, well done mate
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4207 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby daysofourlives » Wed May 31, 2017 8:22 pm

The Dark Knight wrote:I have recently purchased my first home.

This afternoon I signed the mortgage forms at the bank and yesterday I went to see my conveyancer, so everything is now almost finalized for settlement in two weeks time.

I'm very excited, everything I've had to do for it is a bit overwhelming but I'm very happy with the house I've bought and I knew as soon as I walked it I wanted it.

The real estate agent has been very helpful, easy going and genuine good bloke, very different to some of the agents I've met over the past 6 months. I couldn't get to the first open due to footy so I rang the agent and he allowed me to go and look at the house before anyone else on the Saturday morning. From there I was effectively first in best dressed, first one to put in an offer and while I had to come up from my offer price to beat off two other offers I was his first preferred buyer.

I did my home loan pre approval in October so been officially looking since then and have looked at about 25 properties prior to finding my house.

The great thing is it's a 3 year old house so basically brand new and I don't have to do anything to it. I move from our family home that's 5 years old to a newer house and working full time I don't want to be spending my free time doing renovations, so buying a newer house was always going to be the objective. Working full time for 7 years now has allowed me to be in a strong financial position where I can buy a nice first home. I'm incredibly lucky to be where I am right now with the job I have.

I didnt realise buying a house like this was an auction process. Sounds very dodgy to me. I was of the understanding that you put an offer in and other people put their offers in and the vendor looks at them and takes the best offer. i didnt think the agent could go back to prospective buyers and say you need to put in a better offer
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2415 times
Been liked: 1657 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby daysofourlives » Wed May 31, 2017 8:22 pm

The Dark Knight wrote:I have recently purchased my first home.

I didnt realise buying a house like this was an auction process. Sounds very dodgy to me. I was of the understanding that you put an offer in and other people put their offers in and the vendor looks at them and takes the best offer. i didnt think the agent could go back to prospective buyers and say you need to put in a better offer
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2415 times
Been liked: 1657 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby Brodlach » Wed May 31, 2017 8:28 pm

I bought my home 17 years ago and we did the same thing, someone else had an offer in so we raised our offer.
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4207 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby amber_fluid » Wed May 31, 2017 8:30 pm

Brodlach wrote:I bought my home 17 years ago and we did the same thing, someone else had an offer in so we raised our offer.

Yeah the vendor will always ask for more..... depends if you want to call their bluff and say no and hope they accept your first offer.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby The Dark Knight » Wed May 31, 2017 8:31 pm

daysofourlives wrote:I didnt realise buying a house like this was an auction process. Sounds very dodgy to me. I was of the understanding that you put an offer in and other people put their offers in and the vendor looks at them and takes the best offer. i didnt think the agent could go back to prospective buyers and say you need to put in a better offer

Well as far as I'm concerned it was a case of the vendor having a price they wanted, the offers being lower than that price and I was given the option of increasing my offer and if I decided not to it goes to the next person to decide.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Wed May 31, 2017 9:56 pm

We got our house because the seller didnt want it to be a rental and liked the idea of first home owners moving in. And also they got along great with the neighbors and didnt want rental/ferals moving in for them.....and got us instead...
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11807 times
Been liked: 3582 times

Postby Booney » Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:15 am

The Dark Knight wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:I didnt realise buying a house like this was an auction process. Sounds very dodgy to me. I was of the understanding that you put an offer in and other people put their offers in and the vendor looks at them and takes the best offer. i didnt think the agent could go back to prospective buyers and say you need to put in a better offer

Well as far as I'm concerned it was a case of the vendor having a price they wanted, the offers being lower than that price and I was given the option of increasing my offer and if I decided not to it goes to the next person to decide.

TDK may have had the lower dollar figure, but the better terms. ie - Some others may have been "subject to sale" and he may have been good to go, cashed up.

Hopefully the amount wasn't too much, well, couldn't have been prohibitive if he's locked and loaded. Anywho, don't drag him down man!

Good for you TDK, it's an exciting time mate. I remember when Mrs.Boon and I purchased our first, very modest timber frame 2 bedroomer in Royal Park. Was our first step into home ownership and now, some 20 years later, we're into our third ( and perhaps final ) home that we've always wanted.

You still in the Peninsula, I assume?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby The Dark Knight » Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:05 am

Booney wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote:

TDK may have had the lower dollar figure, but the better terms. ie - Some others may have been "subject to sale" and he may have been good to go, cashed up.

Hopefully the amount wasn't too much, well, couldn't have been prohibitive if he's locked and loaded. Anywho, don't drag him down man!

Good for you TDK, it's an exciting time mate. I remember when Mrs.Boon and I purchased our first, very modest timber frame 2 bedroomer in Royal Park. Was our first step into home ownership and now, some 20 years later, we're into our third ( and perhaps final ) home that we've always wanted.

You still in the Peninsula, I assume?

Yes I believe you're right Booney, I was more 'ready to go' as I know another person that put in an offer was still waiting for their house to sell.

Thanks Boon and yes still on the Peninsula.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Thu Jun 01, 2017 2:18 pm

Attending the 'Before the Bounce' function at the footy tonight - 3x course meal, drinks package.
Then off to the corporate suite to watch the game.

Should be a good night! Can someone let me know tomorrow who wins :lol:
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion