Adelaide Plains Football League

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

Postby heater31 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:48 am

OnSong wrote:Wouldn't it have to come from Hamley Bridge?

Those Gawler folk are a bit different OS. If you move back into the league and not your original club you also need to seek a clearance from that club to play in the league again...
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

Postby OnSong » Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:50 am

That is completely absurd, surely.
Right in front of me. RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!
OnSong
Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 543 times

Postby mighty hounds » Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:19 am

heater31 wrote:

Those Gawler folk are a bit different OS. If you move back into the league and not your original club you also need to seek a clearance from that club to play in the league again...

I thought it was a state wide rule that if you came back into the same league but to a different team within 2 years you needed a clearance from the first team?
mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby mighty hounds » Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:21 am

FRED wrote:
magpieeagle wrote:
OnSong wrote:Grant Russell confirmed as Balaklava Football Club coach for 2014.

background?

Coached Para Hills 5 years, 3 GF's, 2 premierships. West Gambier, Berri, Hamilton has just returned from Queensland where he coached the South Cairns Cane Cutters. Great get for Balaklava. Works really great with kids, good educator of the game. This for me puts Balaklava in the mix for sure next season.

Fair bit of ground to make up, would be surprised
mighty hounds
Coach

Postby OnSong » Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:25 am

How many games did TW win in 2011 ya big spaz?
OnSong
Coach

Postby heater31 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:29 am

mighty hounds wrote:
heater31 wrote:

I thought it was a state wide rule that if you came back into the same league but to a different team within 2 years you needed a clearance from the first team?

Not that I know of, but they are the only league that I hear require it.
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

Postby jakovasaurus » Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:18 pm

My source tells me that the clearance is already in the works, hefty transfer fee being paid to the bombers from the donnybrooks.

Expect the ink to be dry on the contract within hours.
jakovasaurus
Under 18s

Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 130 times

Postby daysofourlives » Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:46 pm

The 2 year thing is a fallacy.
If you leave a BL&G club you will always require a clearance from your original club if you come back into the league and want to play for another club, it's a good rule.
Doesnt matter if its 10 years later.
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2415 times
Been liked: 1657 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby Lame Choice » Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:29 pm

This internal (return to league) transfer is one of the most stupid things I've heard of and is specific to BL&G. What happens when someone leaves a club on bad terms, leaves to another league, then wants to return to another club. Why would a league want to put restictions on the returning player (who would be classed as an import to the new club anyhow)?
Secondly, with all due respect to the player mentioned here, but a "hefty transfer fee" sounds a bit rich for this class.
Thirdly, with country leagues whinging about rising player payments and cost of running a club, why would the league have a rule that fosters transfer payments?
"As long as I live, I will deny taking performance enhancing drugs" Lance Armstrong 2010
Lame Choice
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 30 times

Postby daysofourlives » Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:35 pm

Lame Choice wrote:This internal (return to league) transfer is one of the most stupid things I've heard of and is specific to BL&G. What happens when someone leaves a club on bad terms, leaves to another league, then wants to return to another club. Why would a league want to put restictions on the returning player (who would be classed as an import to the new club anyhow)?
Secondly, with all due respect to the player mentioned here, but a "hefty transfer fee" sounds a bit rich for this class.
Thirdly, with country leagues whinging about rising player payments and cost of running a club, why would the league have a rule that fosters transfer payments?

So you think it would be Ok for say Jay Nash, Scoott Dutschke or Brayden O'Hara to return to the highest bidder rather than give something back to their junior club that made them the players they are now. If they want to chase money do it in another league, their original clubs shouldnt have to compete against them.
Same with your average local player that a club develops, develop your own instead of poaching the neighbouring towns best player just because you have more money than them.
daysofourlives
Coach

Postby hotspur » Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:38 pm

Can't see Kapunda clearing Zanadrea to Wilaston - especially not them, after problems in past.
What good is money to Bombers> Young A grader is far better value.
This rule is only in BLG and has proven to be valuable to some teams, especially in Gawler.
hotspur
Under 16s

Been liked: 7 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby Dizzee Rascal » Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:43 pm

daysofourlives wrote:
Lame Choice wrote:This internal (return to league) transfer is one of the most stupid things I've heard of and is specific to BL&G. What happens when someone leaves a club on bad terms, leaves to another league, then wants to return to another club. Why would a league want to put restictions on the returning player (who would be classed as an import to the new club anyhow)?

So you think it would be Ok for say Jay Nash, Scoott Dutschke or Brayden O'Hara to return to the highest bidder rather than give something back to their junior club that made them the players they are now. If they want to chase money do it in another league, their original clubs shouldnt have to compete against them.
Same with your average local player that a club develops, develop your own instead of poaching the neighbouring towns best player just because you have more money than them.

I wish the BL&G forum discussed the BL&G this much. :(
Dizzee Rascal
Under 16s

Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: Tea Tree Gully

Postby daysofourlives » Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:09 pm

Dizzee Rascal wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:

Correct forum protocol would have you only announce Zanandrea's departure from HB on here.
Then you go to BL&G thread and announce his arrival there.
Share the love mate, it gets discussion going on both threads
daysofourlives
Coach

Postby mighty hounds » Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:03 pm

OnSong wrote:How many games did TW win in 2011 ya big spaz?

That was easy. We lost 4 or 5 games by under a goal that year. You blokes copped multiple hammerings this year ya tubby c***
mighty hounds
Coach

Postby Dizzee Rascal » Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:23 pm

daysofourlives wrote:
Dizzee Rascal wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:

Correct forum protocol would have you only announce Zanandrea's departure from HB on here.
Then you go to BL&G thread and announce his arrival there.
Share the love mate, it gets discussion going on both threads

I was referring to the overall lack of discussion on the BL&G thread.
Zanandrea isn't going to Willaston though.
Dizzee Rascal
Under 16s

Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: Tea Tree Gully

Postby Footy Boots » Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:35 pm

I have recently been told Zanadrea is going to Fitzroy to play with work friends. So this Willaston business is just ridiculous.
LIFE IS A RACE AND IM IN IT TO WIN IT
Footy Boots
Rookie

Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Broadview

Postby OnSong » Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:04 am

mighty hounds wrote:

That was easy. We lost 4 or 5 games by under a goal that year. You blokes copped multiple hammerings this year ya tubby c***

Can't believe I'm bothering with this but even if you did lose a few close ones, you would have won nearly as many games as we did this year.
We also pasted you guys twice by 80 plus points in 2011. You guys lost to Hamley twice in 2011. Need I go on? Probably not.
Where is Kcco to talk some **** sense.

Oh and by the way Adonis, I can shed the weight, you can't do a whole lot about that lid on your shoulders.

All positive at Balaklava. Looking forward to 2014.
OnSong
Coach

Postby mighty hounds » Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:52 am

OnSong wrote:
mighty hounds wrote:

Can't believe I'm bothering with this but even if you did lose a few close ones, you would have won nearly as many games as we did this year.
We also pasted you guys twice by 80 plus points in 2011. You guys lost to Hamley twice in 2011. Need I go on? Probably not.

Oh and by the way Adonis, I can shed the weight, you can't do a whole lot about that lid on your shoulders.

Must of hit a nerve :lol:
I'll stand by what I said. Long way to go for balak to be considered contenders.
mighty hounds
Coach

Postby OnSong » Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:11 am

mighty hounds wrote:
OnSong wrote:
mighty hounds wrote:

Must of hit a nerve :lol:
I'll stand by what I said. Long way to go for balak to be considered contenders.

I stand by what I said. You're a big spaz.
OnSong
Coach

Postby magpieeagle » Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:37 am

Clubs should be more worried about the changes to the points rule for 2014 by the SA FOOTY COMMUNITY BOARD at their next meeting in nov,it will be changed but to what no one is sure!! Maybe a follow up for you onsong.
magpieeagle
Reserves

Has liked: 108 times
Been liked: 69 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy