Adelaide Plains Football League

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

Postby wangas#4 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:29 am

OnSong wrote:Why didn't the club throw buckets of money at him to get him to stay?

We won't be throwing money at anyone this year OnSong if ya didn't no we have a new club room to build.
wangas#4
Under 16s

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Two Wells

Postby Swamp Donkey » Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:38 am

wangas#4 wrote:
OnSong wrote:Why didn't the club throw buckets of money at him to get him to stay?

We won't be throwing money at anyone this year OnSong if ya didn't no we have a new club room to build.

Are you telling me the post-match soak bath will no longer be an option for recovery at Two Wells from 2014? :D Looking forward to seeing it.

On a different note, Two Wells must be rubbing thier hands together following the approval of the huge housing/township development set to house >8000 residents (I may be slightly off the mark with the figures).
Swamp Donkey
League - Top 5

Has liked: 112 times
Been liked: 129 times
Grassroots Team: Wunkar

Postby Lame Choice » Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:10 am

wangas#4 wrote:

Apparently TW will need some cost recovery on the new club rooms, so some ideas being floated are:

The player's jacuzzi's will now be 'pay per use' with one guest allowable.
The change room bar (players only) will be open 24 hours and include some poker games
The 'rest room' adjacent to the change room for relaxation massage will be outsourced to a local associate!
Player payments reduced to a voucher system on the new amenities

:D :D
"As long as I live, I will deny taking performance enhancing drugs" Lance Armstrong 2010
Lame Choice
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 30 times

Postby magpieeagle » Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:44 pm

Gather everyone in place for 2014
Mallala A grade coach>Steve Lubcke Reserves>Kieth Earl President>David Algar Vice President>Paul Blackett Head Trainer> T Morgan
magpieeagle
Reserves

Has liked: 108 times
Been liked: 69 times

Postby Lame Choice » Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:09 pm

magpieeagle wrote:Gather everyone in place for 2014
Mallala A grade coach>Steve Lubcke Reserves>Kieth Earl President>David Algar Vice President>Paul Blackett Head Trainer> T Morgan

Who's doing the colts?
"As long as I live, I will deny taking performance enhancing drugs" Lance Armstrong 2010
Lame Choice
Under 16s

Been liked: 30 times

Postby magpieeagle » Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:06 pm

Lame Choice wrote:
magpieeagle wrote:Gather everyone in place for 2014

Who's doing the colts?

would say whittey senior colts/peter oleary team manager and griff junior colts I would reckon
magpieeagle
Reserves

Has liked: 108 times
Been liked: 69 times

Postby bickle » Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:19 pm

i hear gawler centrals oxingham brothers out to hamley next year.
bickle
Under 16s

Been liked: 2 times

Postby stork » Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:53 am

Official ins/outs for the clubs? There hasn't been much discussion on here regarding actual movements, only speculations.
stork
Rookie

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 6 times

Postby hotspur » Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:31 pm

Look in the Yorke Peninsula pages. Seems to be where everyone's heading. Must be a bit of coin over there.
hotspur
Under 16s

Been liked: 7 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby Nocyrils » Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:50 pm

stork wrote:Official ins/outs for the clubs? There hasn't been much discussion on here regarding actual movements, only speculations.

Faulkner and taylor to kadina

Jamie solly, Bradley hood. Ricki thomas and steven drainer to united. The last 2 are b graders at best. Would hope united wouldn't be paying tgese 2 to much. If anything at all
Nocyrils
Under 16s

Been liked: 23 times
Grassroots Team: Hamley Bridge

Postby wangas#4 » Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:38 pm

Nocyrils wrote:
stork wrote:Official ins/outs for the clubs? There hasn't been much discussion on here regarding actual movements, only speculations.

Jamie solly, Bradley hood. Ricki thomas and steven drainer to united. The last 2 are b graders at best. Would hope united wouldn't be paying tgese 2 to much. If anything at all

With Taylor moving to kadina how many clubs has he played at.
wangas#4
Under 16s

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Two Wells

Postby Nocyrils » Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:34 am

wangas#4 wrote:
Nocyrils wrote:

He got a few under his belt. Give his all at each club though. My understanding was he wanted to stay at hamley but after the club losing about 6 players prior to his decision and not really recruiting any.he didnt want a season like the first one out there. I heard he done the right thing my notifying neutron etc and explaining his situation. U only get 1 crack at ya footy career so y not experience a few clubs , meet new new people play different standards etc. Nothing wrong with some variety in life I would say.
Nocyrils
Under 16s

Been liked: 23 times
Grassroots Team: Hamley Bridge

Postby westy » Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:52 am

There is no use flogging a dead horse out at Hamley. Taylor won't have the pressure or weight on his shoulders at Kadina. He can just play footy.
No pressure as captain and no politics as he hasn't taken big money like his Pasky counterparts. Shack pack a game I heard a while back.
Hamley can't fault his service and should wish him well in hopes he might return.
westy
Under 18s

Been liked: 12 times
Grassroots Team: Kadina

Postby footys the winner » Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:20 am

Nocyrils wrote:
wangas#4 wrote:
Nocyrils wrote:

He got a few under his belt. Give his all at each club though. My understanding was he wanted to stay at hamley but after the club losing about 6 players prior to his decision and not really recruiting any.he didnt want a season like the first one out there. I heard he done the right thing my notifying neutron etc and explaining his situation. U only get 1 crack at ya footy career so y not experience a few clubs , meet new new people play different standards etc. Nothing wrong with some variety in life I would say.

Ever thought about playing div 1 saafl?
footys the winner
Under 18s

Has liked: 27 times
Been liked: 15 times

Postby WingerFC » Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:31 pm

Haha Nocyrils... nothing like a bit of self endorsement... its ok mate, Everyone know$ you take your footy $erio$. Good luck playing in leagues below you.
WingerFC
Rookie

Has liked: 2 times

Postby westy » Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:12 pm

WingerFC wrote:Haha Nocyrils... nothing like a bit of self endorsement... its ok mate, Everyone know$ you take your footy $erio$. Good luck playing in leagues below you.

I don't know why anyone out of the SANFL would play div 1. Mose well just play SANFL 2's that's a better standard.
westy
Under 18s

Postby stork » Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:39 pm

Westy, pretty simple its $$$.

Okay, I am not sure why online commentators like the guys on here get stuck in to people for playing for $$$. Yeah ethics comes in to it but $$$ drive the world. I'm not trying to get all "deep'n'shit" but if people can tell me that you do not allow financial commitments to impact and influence your decision making than you must be on as much dosh as Clive Palmer.
stork
Rookie

Postby westy » Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:11 pm

I can tell you now that Taylor hasnt taken $$$$. Kadina don't pay big money. If it was about money Taylor should have taken Hamleys offer. I guess the question is. What is big money? SANFL players are around 600 a game and then get taxed. I would say a grand a game is big money in country footy.

What would a gun div 1 player get?
westy
Under 18s

Postby Mythical Creature » Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:18 pm

I would say its all relative. Personally if I was offered $1 per game I would call that big money, certainly a lot bigger than I currently get and for that you probably still wouldn't get value for money! So I obviously think any money is big money for playing a past time which we all love.

It annoys me that everyone seems to know what every other club and every opposition player is getting paid, when the reality is not many people do know the truth and best kept that way.
At the end of the day does it really matter?
If you don't like it, change it. If you don't want to change it, it can't be that bad!
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Has liked: 189 times
Been liked: 237 times
Grassroots Team: United

Postby OnSong » Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:20 pm

Breaking: A fringe A grader from United, rumoured to have dropped a lot of weight in recent months, offered $1 a game by Balaklava.
Right in front of me. RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!
OnSong
Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 543 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy