Adelaide Plains Football League

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

Postby RooShootOhh » Fri May 16, 2014 2:22 pm

hotspur wrote:Hotspur, know your lads have never played for nothing, something about a pot and kettle springs to mind!

A cheap kettle! Kapunda pay players, especially locals? $1000 is their budget for a season. So never payed for nothing - get your facts straight.

So you can come on here with unfounded accusations of player payments at a club other than yours, yet when someone replies in the exact same manner, you expect them to get their facts right... hahah idiot

So you manged to get buckets for less than 1k last year? hahah
And Brad Taylor was lured to the club years ago on good $$ but suddenly decided to play for nothing?
Valentine was recruited from HWE for nothing (even if his mrs is a Kapunda girl he didnt come for nothing)?
I assume Zwar and Agius played for nothing as well?
Farley just rolled into training one night?

Reality is every club pay $$ is one form or another, no point trying to sling sh!t at another club when your club would be doing close to the same...
RooShootOhh
Under 16s

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 40 times
Grassroots Team: Waikerie

Postby Swamp Donkey » Fri May 16, 2014 2:59 pm

hotspur wrote:Hotspur, know your lads have never played for nothing, something about a pot and kettle springs to mind!

A cheap kettle! Kapunda pay players, especially locals? $1000 is their budget for a season. So never payed for nothing - get your facts straight.

Its the comedy hour!
Swamp Donkey
League - Top 5

Has liked: 112 times
Been liked: 129 times
Grassroots Team: Wunkar

Postby hotspur » Fri May 16, 2014 3:19 pm

[quote][/quote]So you can come on here with unfounded accusations of player payments at a club other than yours, yet when someone replies in the exact same manner, you expect them to get their facts right... hahah idiot
Well I touched a nerve I never expected... and a personal insult. For what?
It's OK for your mates to poke a bit of fun but when you get upset you go to this extreme.
Let's get some facts straight - I won't resort to calling you names Rooey - I never said Kapunda didn't pay import players . I said they don't pay locals. Fact. I would think Buckets is getting paid a fair whack too. He's a coach and an ex league player. Fact. Sure they pay money like all clubs do to imports, but I know no ones ever got paid the figures that certain Hamley players get at Kapunda - $1000 - even players like McLaughlin, Taylor etc; more like $500. Fact.
Start behaving and realise the facts of country football. Some clubs will pay big for success and some don't; don't need to, want to or don't have the resources to do this. Fact. Good on the players who get the big money, even if they are at your club, but don't start rubbishing others who disagree with your obvious false remarks or who TRY to add a little light to your closed little forum.
Never had people like you on other forums.
Get over yourself. Fact.
hotspur
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 7 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby hotspur » Fri May 16, 2014 3:20 pm

[quote][/quote]So you can come on here with unfounded accusations of player payments at a club other than yours, yet when someone replies in the exact same manner, you expect them to get their facts right... hahah idiot
It's OK for your mates to poke a bit of fun but when you get upset you go to this extreme.
Let's get some facts straight - I won't resort to calling you names Rooey - I never said Kapunda didn't pay import players . I said they don't pay locals. Fact. I would think Buckets is getting paid a fair whack too. He's a coach and an ex league player. Fact. Sure they pay money like all clubs do to imports, but I know no ones ever got paid the figures that certain Hamley players get at Kapunda - $1000 - even players like McLaughlin, Taylor etc; more like $500. Fact.
Start behaving and realise the facts of country football. Some clubs will pay big for success and some don't; don't need to, want to or don't have the resources to do this. Fact. Good on the players who get the big money, even if they are at your club, but don't start rubbishing others who disagree with your obvious false remarks or who TRY to add a little light to your closed little forum.
Get over yourself. Fact.
hotspur
Under 16s

Postby Robb_Stark » Fri May 16, 2014 3:20 pm

learn to quote
Robb_Stark
League - Best 21

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 155 times

Postby hotspur » Fri May 16, 2014 3:22 pm

Learn to punctuate.
hotspur
Under 16s

Postby Dr. Pink » Fri May 16, 2014 3:29 pm

OnSong wrote:
Ace of Spades wrote:
RooShootOhh wrote:Ace, I got told it includes Club membership which has entry to home games and/or tea vouchers or something like that.

Hotspur, know your lads have never played for nothing, something about a pot and kettle springs to mind!

I think it said a couple games free entry if you paid on time perhaps. It made our lads appreciate the $70 subs in any case!

$70 is probably the cheapest I've ever heard.

its now the no. 2 cheapest you heard
Dr. Pink
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Postby OnSong » Fri May 16, 2014 3:34 pm

Dr. Pink wrote:
OnSong wrote:
Ace of Spades wrote:
RooShootOhh wrote:Ace, I got told it includes Club membership which has entry to home games and/or tea vouchers or something like that.

Hotspur, know your lads have never played for nothing, something about a pot and kettle springs to mind!

I think it said a couple games free entry if you paid on time perhaps. It made our lads appreciate the $70 subs in any case!

$70 is probably the cheapest I've ever heard.

It's now the no. 2 cheapest you heard

Third. You can get subs for $5. With a cookie and drink.
Right in front of me. RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!
OnSong
Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 543 times

Postby Dr. Pink » Fri May 16, 2014 3:38 pm

hotspur wrote:
So you can come on here with unfounded accusations of player payments at a club other than yours, yet when someone replies in the exact same manner, you expect them to get their facts right... hahah idiot
Get over yourself. Fact.

if you pay blokes $500 and you say fact. then you say spend $1,000 a year and say fact. I am dumb but that means they don't qualify for finals cause only play 2 games. maybe barrossa league different and play finals for 2 games.

we had blokes from Kapunda play last year for us and they def were not cheap and cost lot of money. Only 1 has hung around too. The ruck Tirrell has a habit of club jumping. seemed a nice bloke but maybe he i$ playing for other re$ons$
Dr. Pink
Rookie

Postby Dr. Pink » Fri May 16, 2014 3:43 pm

mmmmmm steak and avocodo sub...
Dr. Pink
Rookie

Postby Skip Dimes » Fri May 16, 2014 3:45 pm

Its always funny when the forums consistently turn into a big pissing contest.

P.S. I can write my name in the snow!
Skip Dimes
Rookie

Postby OnSong » Fri May 16, 2014 3:51 pm

Hairy Cat continues his dominance in the tipping comp, while I failed to put any tips in at all.

GIDDY UP! also had a good week. Froffies and Freaky Tah are also out by the looks.

This week:

Balaklava v Two Wells
Mallala v Virginia
United v Hamley Bridge
Attachments
Screen shot 2014-05-16 at 2.47.18 PM.png
Screen shot 2014-05-16 at 2.47.18 PM.png (57.7 KiB) Viewed 4488 times
OnSong
Coach

Postby Swamp Donkey » Fri May 16, 2014 4:22 pm

Two Wells 1-39
Mallala 1-39
Hamley 1-39
Swamp Donkey
League - Top 5

Has liked: 112 times
Been liked: 129 times
Grassroots Team: Wunkar

Postby hotspur » Fri May 16, 2014 4:33 pm

if you pay blokes $500 and you say fact. then you say spend $1,000 a year and say fact. I am dumb but that means they don't qualify for finals cause only play 2 games. maybe barrossa league different and play finals for 2 games.
Isn't it obvious I was joking Doctor Pink?
hotspur
Under 16s

Postby Nighthawk » Fri May 16, 2014 4:41 pm

Two wells 40+
Virginia 40+
Hamley 40+
Nighthawk
Rookie

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 6 times

Postby Mythical Creature » Fri May 16, 2014 5:42 pm

Virginia 40+
Two Wells 1-39
United 1-39
If you don't like it, change it. If you don't want to change it, it can't be that bad!
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Has liked: 189 times
Been liked: 237 times
Grassroots Team: United

Postby mighty hounds » Fri May 16, 2014 5:48 pm

TW 40+
Vag 40+
HB 40+
mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby OnSong » Fri May 16, 2014 5:49 pm

Balaklava 1-39
Virginia 40+
Hamley Bridge 40+
OnSong
Coach

Postby footys the winner » Fri May 16, 2014 6:10 pm

TW 40+
V 40+
U 1-39
footys the winner
Under 18s

Has liked: 27 times
Been liked: 15 times

Postby GIDDY UP! » Fri May 16, 2014 7:12 pm

Two Wells +40
Virginia 1-39
Hamley +40

Anyone know of when the Association squad will be announce? Perhaps maybe swap donkey you might be able to help out with that?
GIDDY UP!
Rookie

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 20 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy