4th Test: India v Australia at Nagpur

First Class Cricket Talk (International and State)

4th Test: India v Australia at Nagpur

Postby Ned » Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:07 pm

Final test of the series can Australia win and hang on to the Border-Gavaskar Trophy or will India bounce back after consecutive series defeats, has all the making of a classic encounter.
Talk is that Vidarbha Cricket Association Ground will suit Australias fast bowlers, Curator Kishore Pradhan will be under pressure to prepare a lifeless wicket to suit Indias spin bowlers.
Selection will be tough for both teams India may need to find a new opener unless Gambhir can beat his appeal which wouldnt be surprising, Singh to come in for retiree Kumble and Mishra under pressure to retain his spot. Ponting has stated he may need to make some changes to the eleven expect a huge gamble with Krejza coming in for White and Siddle in for the Clark.
Last edited by Ned on Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Such Is Life
Ned
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Re: 4th Test: India v Australia at Nagpur

Postby hearts on fire » Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:10 pm

I think this match will be a draw, can't really see it any other way. I don't know about dropping Clark for Siddle, Clark has been bowling well, he has just been a little unlucky not too pick up a wicket. They should drop White though, surprised he lasted past the first Test.
~ R.I.P John McCarthy, 19-11-1989 - 9-9-2012 ~
hearts on fire
Coach

Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby Ned » Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:25 pm

To be honest Cam White has bowled better than any of us would of expected has taken 5 wickets at 60, bowled a bad spell on the first day of the third test apart from that he has been ok. Warne averaged 50 in India and Hogg couldnt get them out in Australia last year and MacGill got smashed in S. Waughs farewell series in Oz. India play spin so well you have to be a top class spinner in the form of your life to pose a little threat to them. White needed to go on and make a few more runs in this test a 70 or 80 not out may have secured his spot.
Unless the wicket is a green top I dont think the aussies can play Clark has been tight but dosnt look like gettig a wicket, lacks a yard of pace on these tracks.
Such Is Life
Ned
Rookie

Postby Thiele » Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:32 pm

Brand new Stadium so they don't know what the pitch will be like
James Ezard Joint 2009 Magarey Medalist

Personal views only not views of the West Adelaide Footy Club or Bedford Indstries
Thiele
Coach

Has liked: 149 times
Been liked: 78 times

Postby 04 Premiership Coach » Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:35 pm

Ned wrote:To be honest Cam White has bowled better than any of us would of expected has taken 5 wickets at 60, bowled a bad spell on the first day of the third test apart from that he has been ok. Warne averaged 50 in India and Hogg couldnt get them out in Australia last year and MacGill got smashed in S. Waughs farewell series in Oz. India play spin so well you have to be a top class spinner in the form of your life to pose a little threat to them. White needed to go on and make a few more runs in this test a 70 or 80 not out may have secured his spot.
Unless the wicket is a green top I dont think the aussies can play Clark has been tight but dosnt look like gettig a wicket, lacks a yard of pace on these tracks.

Have a look at his first class record mate.HE IS CHOP11111
Iron Maiden cant be fought
Iron Maiden cant be sought
04 Premiership Coach
Rookie

Postby CoverKing » Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:40 pm

well i think if australia may play 4 quicks, but if they only play 3 it will be clark lee and johnson..there is no way clark will get dropped! he has not really looked like taking a wicket but been economical which makes the batters attack from the other end....he has been outstanding since he has come in and will not get dropped..
maybe if its 3 quicks the side could be haydn,katich,ponting,hussey,clarke,haddin,white,lee,johnson,krejza and clark
if its 4 quicks.(watson will be one of those) and the side above will just have watson instead of white! i think white has bowled really well in the situations bar one bad spell. He deserves to play this game and finish the series of!

Peace
I Want to be a Western Youth Ranger!
CoverKing
Coach

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 11 times
Grassroots Team: Flinders Park

Postby norm11 » Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:08 pm

When does the tes start?
Back to the creek it is.
norm11
League - Top 5

Has liked: 470 times
Been liked: 53 times

Postby Thiele » Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:15 pm

norm11 wrote:When does the tes start?

Thursday
James Ezard Joint 2009 Magarey Medalist

Personal views only not views of the West Adelaide Footy Club or Bedford Indstries
Thiele
Coach

Has liked: 149 times
Been liked: 78 times

Postby FD88 » Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:54 pm

This is quite winnable. Two of our three quicks have been off-colour all series with Lee only just now starting to look himself again. The 320 run loss sure didn't look good by but crazy as it sounds I think a slightly more dangerous Clark and more consistent Lee are all that stand between us and coming away with the trophy.
FD88
League Bench Warmer

Postby Gozu » Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:32 am

I'd drop White for Krezja. I find it highly unlikely that Clark would get dropped considering he's been bowling alright just not taking wickets and has been our best bowler for the last three years or so now.
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Been liked: 659 times

Postby MightyEagles » Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:11 am

Gozu wrote:I'd drop White for Krezja. I find it highly unlikely that Clark would get dropped considering he's been bowling alright just not taking wickets and has been our best bowler for the last three years or so now.

I'd agree with that. Clark has done well in the last 18 months.
WOOOOO, Premiers 1993, 2006 and 2011!
Eagles - P 528 W 320 L 205 D 3 W% 60.89
WFC - P 575 W 160 L 411 D 4 W% 28.17
WTFC - P 1568 W 702 L 841 D 25 W% 45.56
Total - P 2671 W 1183 L 1457 D 32 W% 44.88
3 Flags - 1 Club
MightyEagles
Coach

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 12 times
Grassroots Team: United Eagles

Postby Ned » Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:31 am

MightyEagles wrote:
Gozu wrote:I'd drop White for Krezja. I find it highly unlikely that Clark would get dropped considering he's been bowling alright just not taking wickets and has been our best bowler for the last three years or so now.

I'd agree with that. Clark has done well in the last 18 months.

Yes Clark has done well since making his debut, the fact is he dosnt look like taking a wicket on Indian soil, and for a must win situation he needs to be rested. Injury may have a part to play as he missed the second test and may not be fully 100% fit which once again tells me not to play him. 2 wickets from 73 overs at 80 is a indication that he has been of no threat to the Indian batsmen, yes he has bowled tight. The Indians are preparing to sit on him and with not a frontline spinner in the team alot hangs on the sholders of Johnson and Lee. Siddle awaits the call.
Such Is Life
Ned
Rookie

Postby Rik E Boy » Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:55 am

Ned wrote:To be honest Cam White has bowled better than any of us would of expected has taken 5 wickets at 60,

You've got to be kidding. How many wickets has the guy taken when we really needed them. Granted he hasn't been given the ball all that often but there's a reason for that. He's shite. At least three of those wickets have been absolute give ups. White is absolute tripe.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1697 times
Been liked: 1813 times

Postby Drop Bear » Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:38 am

Thiele wrote:Brand new Stadium so they don't know what the pitch will be like

I know what it will be like. Flat, shit, and favouring the Indians.
1. M Hayden.
Drop Bear
League - Top 5

Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby CoverKing » Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:04 pm

Rik E Boy wrote:
Ned wrote:To be honest Cam White has bowled better than any of us would of expected has taken 5 wickets at 60,

You've got to be kidding. How many wickets has the guy taken when we really needed them. Granted he hasn't been given the ball all that often but there's a reason for that. He's shite. At least three of those wickets have been absolute give ups. White is absolute tripe.

regards,

REB

he has bowled when the batsman are set because our pace bowlers have bowled crap! Shane Warne was as good as he was only because he had McGrath and Gillespie taking wickets down the other end for his career. Warne often came in and bowled to the new batsman number 5 and 6. Cam White has had to bowl to the top 4 way to often this series, and has got tendulkar out twice, and been unlucky on atleast 2/3 occasions! he has bowled pretty well under the circumstances!

CoverKing out
I Want to be a Western Youth Ranger!
CoverKing
Coach

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 11 times
Grassroots Team: Flinders Park

Postby Drop Bear » Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:30 pm

CoverKing wrote: Shane Warne was as good as he was only because he had McGrath and Gillespie taking wickets down the other end for his career.

I think you're selling the King of Spin a bit short their big fella.
1. M Hayden.
Drop Bear
League - Top 5

Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Rik E Boy » Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:33 pm

Bulltish cover king. Think back to the Gangully wicket in the second test for a classical 'too little too late' Cameron White dismissal. Tired batsman give up shot White wicket. His spell on the first day of the last test went for five an over. His effort was soon surpassed by Simon Katich who had the same 'carp' from the fast bowlers (hmm, 2/27 weren't they? Bloody awaful start that) but he not only manged to keep it tight but get a wicket as well.

WHITE IS HORSESHIT. END OF STORY.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Postby MADDOG3 » Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:58 pm

Rik E Boy wrote:WHITE IS HORSESHIT. END OF STORY.

regards,

REB

You're funny.

I'd drop Shite for Siddle. Why do we HAVE to play a spinner? We have two mediocre ones on tour - each about the equal of ability to Katich or Clarke. Play another quick.

On a side note, if that groundsman puts the slightest tinge of green into the pitch and the Indians lose, he could be arriving home to a smouldering house. No pressure.
MADDOG3
Rookie

Grassroots Team: Smithfield

Postby Gozu » Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:10 pm

I agree with that and said before the start of the series that I wouldn't pick a spinner. Warne used to get killed by them so White/Krejza wouldn't do anything but leak runs. Thankfully Ponting hasn't bowled White that much. As we know Clarke and Katich can bowl a bit of spin.

The selectors have their ways though and like death and taxes there will always be a spinner and an "all-rounder" in the side. Both spinners and Watson are not Test standard players.
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Been liked: 659 times

Postby Rik E Boy » Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:32 pm

I think Watson has done well in this series. He was hitting the seam when bowling and showed grit with the bat against the spinning ball. I reckon he's come of age during this tough series and he deserves a bit of credit.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Next

Board index   Other Sports  Cricket