Pro Wrestling Talk

Any other sports

Re: Pro Wrestling Talk

Postby Mic » Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:30 pm

MightyEagles wrote:WWE has fired Chris Hero.

What a waste. Instead we get bores like Curtis Axel.
Mic
League - Top 5

Has liked: 166 times
Been liked: 144 times

Postby wristwatcher » Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:39 pm

Khali is Consistently shite. I watched Fandango pretty much wrestle himself a couple of weeks ago in his Khali match, that was brutal.

As for the local scene I haven't been to a local show in 3 years since I stopped working. They all have their pro and cons. Plenty of talent in each company. The stronger shows are always the ones where they get some talent from the other promotions. Way too many promotions in little Adelaide that much is certain. The Superstars show will have talent that has worked for EPW, RCW, Snskepit and UWA.
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 849 times

Postby Blackwhite » Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:12 pm

wristwatcher wrote:Khali is Consistently shite. I watched Fandango pretty much wrestle himself a couple of weeks ago in his Khali match, that was brutal.

As for the local scene I haven't been to a local show in 3 years since I stopped working. They all have their pro and cons. Plenty of talent in each company. The stronger shows are always the ones where they get some talent from the other promotions. Way too many promotions in little Adelaide that much is certain. The Superstars show will have talent that has worked for EPW, RCW, Snskepit and UWA.

Looking forward to the show WW. What exactly is your role?
Blackwhite
Reserves

Has liked: 58 times
Been liked: 44 times
Grassroots Team: Payneham NU

Postby Blackwhite » Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:16 pm

Mic wrote:
Blackwhite wrote:
wristwatcher wrote:
MightyEagles wrote:HRPW? that's the only one I can think of.

Correct. Where they risk everything and fear nothing!!!!

Hardcore Holly and Orlando Jordan are the WWE stars and without having done too much research it appears some of the local talent may include former SnakePit Champion and 10 year veteran Rocky Monero, former RCW champ known as Kash Couragous and obviously plenty more.

Awesome news. My grandfather was a local wrestling promoter years ago and got my dad and I hooked onto pro wrestling. One day I would love to do something like this. Any requirements to become a pro wrestler WW? :)

Hardcore Holly, extremely underrated in my opinion. Great worker.

I couldn't stand him. Surely a great worker is one who has great matches. He hasn't.

Don't know how you can't appreciate his work. I understand you don't like the bloke, but that doesn't mean his work isn't entertaining. His work during the mid 2000's was good and hence he got rewarded with a few main event opportunities. Not one of the greatest of all time, but it will definitely be my honour and privilege to see him in action in a couple weeks.
Blackwhite
Reserves

Postby wristwatcher » Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:06 pm

Blackwhite wrote:
wristwatcher wrote:Khali is Consistently shite. I watched Fandango pretty much wrestle himself a couple of weeks ago in his Khali match, that was brutal.

I,ll be on the mic mate. Still not 100% certain on the full details.
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Postby wristwatcher » Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:09 pm

Don't know how you can't appreciate his work. I understand you don't like the bloke, but that doesn't mean his work isn't entertaining. His work during the mid 2000's was good and hence he got rewarded with a few main event opportunities. Not one of the greatest of all time, but it will definitely be my honour and privilege to see him in action in a couple weeks.[/quote]

Did you get ringside tickets as they include a meet and greet with him. This was previously about an hour long and included a questions from the crowd, photos and discussion time in previous shows with international stars.
wristwatcher
Coach

Postby test » Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:33 pm

wristwatcher wrote:Yeah mate "The real deal" Steve O,Neal was trained at the monster factory under Col Devarnay and back when they had some very big shows down Elizabeth way from memory he was doing some outlandish shit. By the time i got into the local wrestling scene in 2004 ish he was gone but i worked with a lot of guys who worked with him and he was highly regarded.

Jon E Radic once classicly used the line on a HRPW television episode "Im more of a real deal than Steve O'Neal."

I couldnt tell you where he is or what he is doing now though.

Thanks for that mate, when i saw him wrestle i think he tried a 450 splash from a balcony ledge, his opponent rolled off the table and he ate wood, we were sitting in the front row of the balcony and there was no way i'd of jumped off it!!

make sure you link us to some footage of your appearance!
test
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 143 times
Been liked: 31 times
Grassroots Team: Wallaroo

Postby Blackwhite » Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:37 pm

wristwatcher wrote:Don't know how you can't appreciate his work. I understand you don't like the bloke, but that doesn't mean his work isn't entertaining. His work during the mid 2000's was good and hence he got rewarded with a few main event opportunities. Not one of the greatest of all time, but it will definitely be my honour and privilege to see him in action in a couple weeks.

Did you get ringside tickets as they include a meet and greet with him. This was previously about an hour long and included a questions from the crowd, photos and discussion time in previous shows with international stars.[/quote]

Yep got the ringside tickets! Can't wait for it :)
Blackwhite
Reserves

Postby Mic » Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:11 pm

wristwatcher wrote:Don't know how you can't appreciate his work. I understand you don't like the bloke, but that doesn't mean his work isn't entertaining. His work during the mid 2000's was good and hence he got rewarded with a few main event opportunities. Not one of the greatest of all time, but it will definitely be my honour and privilege to see him in action in a couple weeks.

Did you get ringside tickets as they include a meet and greet with him. This was previously about an hour long and included a questions from the crowd, photos and discussion time in previous shows with international stars.[/quote]

I don't know the bloke. I just didn't find him entertaining.

(I accidentally liked your post instead of quoting - seems you can't undo)
Mic
League - Top 5

Postby Blackwhite » Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:26 am

With the rumours floating around about Goldberg & Hogan appearing and possibly wrestling at WM XXX, I ask the question... Would you like to see this happen?
Blackwhite
Reserves

Postby woodublieve12 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:54 am

Blackwhite wrote:With the rumours floating around about Goldberg & Hogan appearing and possibly wrestling at WM XXX, I ask the question... Would you like to see this happen?

only returning superstar i want to see is possibly the greatest of all time Stone Cold Steve Austin, which was rumored to be against HHH. Austin in Mcmahons corner getting his company back sort of thing/stipulation

or Mr Wrestlemania HBK... I have heard there is a possibility for sting too, but i have heard that so many times over the years it loses some cred.
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3028 times
Been liked: 2404 times

Postby Blackwhite » Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:41 am

Would love to see Sting come to the WWE, but who knows if it will ever happen. If Stone Cold returns, it has got to be against CM Punk for me. A match against HHH would do nothing for either man. What a star studded PPV WM30 could be if a few big names show up!
Blackwhite
Reserves

Postby woodublieve12 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:44 am

Blackwhite wrote:Would love to see Sting come to the WWE, but who knows if it will ever happen. If Stone Cold returns, it has got to be against CM Punk for me. A match against HHH would do nothing for either man. What a star studded PPV WM30 could be if a few big names show up!

i certainly have no problems the great man face punk..

Also wouldn't mind seeing HBK vs Bryan...
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3028 times
Been liked: 2404 times

Postby Blackwhite » Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:48 am

woodublieve12 wrote:
Blackwhite wrote:Would love to see Sting come to the WWE, but who knows if it will ever happen. If Stone Cold returns, it has got to be against CM Punk for me. A match against HHH would do nothing for either man. What a star studded PPV WM30 could be if a few big names show up!

i certainly have no problems the great man face punk..

Also wouldn't mind seeing HBK vs Bryan...

That would be one epic PPV. Wonder if HBK will ever come out of retirement though.
Blackwhite
Reserves

Postby Mic » Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:58 pm

I'd like to see some new guys get a push in the show, instead of recycling old talent again.
Mic
League - Top 5

Postby helicopterking » Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:26 pm

Very entertaining RAW
helicopterking
Coach

Has liked: 298 times
Been liked: 667 times

Postby wristwatcher » Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:50 pm

helicopterking wrote:Very entertaining RAW

Pommy crowd very into it. A good crowd makes a huge difference to an event.
wristwatcher
Coach

Postby wristwatcher » Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:58 pm

Blackwhite wrote:

I will be hosting the show doing all the mic work including the meet and greet with Hardcore Holly. Doing the ring announcing and maybe a couple of other bits and pieces as well ;)

Shaping up to be a good card. 3 main matches look very good...
Hardcore Holly v Johnny Barnes (he was RCW champ for a year as Kash Koragous the wrestling EMO and has worked for EPW and Snakepit also.)
Orlando Jordan v Rocky Monero ( former HRPW and Snakepit champ, has also worked in UWA, EPW and RCW)
Blake "The Man" Mitchell v Nick Eclise from Victoria
wristwatcher
Coach

Postby Blackwhite » Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:24 pm

wristwatcher wrote:
helicopterking wrote:Very entertaining RAW

Pommy crowd very into it. A good crowd makes a huge difference to an event.

Loved the crowd. Funny stuff in the Heyman/Punk segment when Punk was spinning around the wheelchair.
Blackwhite
Reserves

Postby Blackwhite » Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:25 pm

wristwatcher wrote:
Blackwhite wrote:

I will be hosting the show doing all the mic work including the meet and greet with Hardcore Holly. Doing the ring announcing and maybe a couple of other bits and pieces as well ;)

Shaping up to be a good card. 3 main matches look very good...
Hardcore Holly v Johnny Barnes (he was RCW champ for a year as Kash Koragous the wrestling EMO and has worked for EPW and Snakepit also.)
Orlando Jordan v Rocky Monero ( former HRPW and Snakepit champ, has also worked in UWA, EPW and RCW)
Blake "The Man" Mitchell v Nick Eclise from Victoria

Saying I'm keen would be an understatement. Will be a great show! What sort of crowd is being expected?
Blackwhite
Reserves

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Other Sports