Pro Wrestling Talk

Any other sports

Re: Pro Wrestling Talk

Postby wristwatcher » Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:30 am

dee man wrote:down loaded most of the stone cold pod casts which i find absolutely amazing
then he interviewed colt cabana and found about his pod casts
they are great
if you get a chance listen to the art of wrestling,great chats with not only the indepentant stars but some of the greats
both are highly recommended

A mate sent me these. I listened to Bryants the other day. Entertaining stuff except for when Stone Cold reads his adverts, that's brutal.
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 850 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:44 am

wristwatcher wrote:
dee man wrote:down loaded most of the stone cold pod casts which i find absolutely amazing
then he interviewed colt cabana and found about his pod casts
they are great
if you get a chance listen to the art of wrestling,great chats with not only the indepentant stars but some of the greats
both are highly recommended

A mate sent me these. I listened to Bryants the other day. Entertaining stuff except for when Stone Cold reads his adverts, that's brutal.

where can we find these??? any chance of a link???
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3030 times
Been liked: 2406 times

Postby wristwatcher » Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:06 am

podcastone.com/Steve-Austin-Show-Clean

That's what I got sent in a text and it linked me straight in so hopefully that works
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Postby helicopterking » Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:00 pm

Awesome End to Raw. Loved it.
helicopterking
Coach

Has liked: 298 times
Been liked: 670 times

Postby Interceptor » Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:15 pm

dee man wrote:A question for the people in the know
Is not the WHC belt the belt that was brought over when the WCW was bought by the WWE
I f thats the case does that not make it the former NWA belt
A nd if so doesnt the prestige and history sit better with that belt dating back nearly 100 years
I might be wrong because of all the twists and stories in wrestling but some how thats how my memory remembers it
Wristwatcher am i around the mark or am i just a big mark

It's confusing, but this diagram helps explain it:

Interceptor
League - Top 5

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 24 times

Postby Blackwhite » Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:52 pm

helicopterking wrote:Awesome End to Raw. Loved it.

Absolutely fantastic ending. Very solid Raw and this has got me pumped for TLC.
Blackwhite
Reserves

Has liked: 58 times
Been liked: 44 times
Grassroots Team: Payneham NU

Postby Bully » Thu Dec 12, 2013 5:18 pm

Punk v HHH for mania for sure now

Surely Cena has to win this thing. Surely the TRUE face of the company would need to win the first one!

Crowd involvement was great at the end even so being in goat mans home town
Bully
Coach

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 120 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:09 pm

wow... what a raw... ending was epic... best in ages!!!!
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:36 am

could this be a heel turn for cena????

punk and hhh looks certain, hbk vs the best in the business today would be epic!!!

The crowd was great, but i reckon it would be the exact same anywere else, regarding bryan imho... he is white hot... Funny when hhh started his promo, but wouldn't let him talk because of yes chants and daniel bryan chants... awesome stuff.. and also the the look on punks face during his promo was good to... unsure if trips giving orton a pedigree is best for business, but TLC is shaping up to be a beauty!!!
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby wristwatcher » Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:51 pm

Great Raw, super build up to the PPV. So many possibilities. How about the crowd for DB! Even he seemed to be taken back by it.

Can't wait until Monday. My first live PPV in ages. I doubt it will happen but daring to dream of a Cena Win with a heel turn 8)
wristwatcher
Coach

Postby Bully » Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:13 pm

It had some to do with the show being in goat mans home town

I am sure if it was in Chicago then CMPUNK would have been getting some crowd noise also

Also this voting from the fans for the slammy awards. It is clearly a popularity vote. Obviously D Bryan was going to be superstar of the year. Ok, yes he has been popular and had some great matches, but PUNK was almost as good if not better .
Bully
Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:55 pm

Punk had some time of but even with your dislike for Bryan can see there hasn't been anyone hotter then him, then a very close second for punk IMHO.

Not at all having a go just an observation
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby mighty hounds » Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:15 pm

I also loved the ending to Raw! Does everyone think Cena will win? I love now that Triple H is a ceo or whatever that now when he gets hit he goes down real easy lol. Hopefully he feuds with Punk, that would be awesome.
mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 286 times

Postby wristwatcher » Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:35 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:Punk had some time of but even with your dislike for Bryan can see there hasn't been anyone hotter then him, then a very close second for punk IMHO.

Not at all having a go just an observation

It's not worth wasting your time mate. The world knows who the hottest superstar clearly was in 2013.

Just for accuracy the Raw show was not in Aberdeen Washington.
wristwatcher
Coach

Postby Bully » Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:46 pm

mighty hounds wrote:I also loved the ending to Raw! Does everyone think Cena will win? I love now that Triple H is a ceo or whatever that now when he gets hit he goes down real easy lol. Hopefully he feuds with Punk, that would be awesome.

they have to give it to cena for sure. The true face of the company instead of this story they are running with others. Cena is a good performer and popular.

Hoping for a Reigns push early in the new year, seems some signs of it at the moment with Ambrose. Future Champ there.
Bully
Coach

Postby wristwatcher » Sun Dec 15, 2013 12:03 am

Very good Smackdown. As good a build up to a PPV they could have had without using their hottest star in the main :)

Monday morning should be huge even if we mark time for a couple of hours to get to the Main event. I am announcing right now that if the main event event ends in the old schmozzle finish I'm going to rip Handles house to pieces ;) . Obviously I want my boy Jonny White bread to win but I would rather see Randy win than a bullshit no result ending. The magical screw job will even be better than a dbl dq, a run in dq, double count out, dbl count down or any other "i have just been to a brothal and didn't release the wad" type of ending :lol:

Is everybody tipping Cena or is Orton a chance. Or or or is the unthinkable going to happen Shield arrive, faces arrive, others arrive and Wristy doesn't get to release his build up???

Lets go Cena... Then give Dan Bryant his rematch as promised!!!

I refuse to even entertain the potential Cena heel turn I have sooo longed for but a guys gotta dream 8)
wristwatcher
Coach

Postby Blackwhite » Sun Dec 15, 2013 12:50 am

wristwatcher wrote:Very good Smackdown. As good a build up to a PPV they could have had without using their hottest star in the main :)

Monday morning should be huge even if we mark time for a couple of hours to get to the Main event. I am announcing right now that if the main event event ends in the old schmozzle finish I'm going to rip Handles house to pieces ;) . Obviously I want my boy Jonny White bread to win but I would rather see Randy win than a bullshit no result ending. The magical screw job will even be better than a dbl dq, a run in dq, double count out, dbl count down or any other "i have just been to a brothal and didn't release the wad" type of ending :lol:

Is everybody tipping Cena or is Orton a chance. Or or or is the unthinkable going to happen Shield arrive, faces arrive, others arrive and Wristy doesn't get to release his build up???

Lets go Cena... Then give Dan Bryant his rematch as promised!!!

I refuse to even entertain the potential Cena heel turn I have sooo longed for but a guys gotta dream 8)

Handles house will be ripped to pieces no matter the result WW :)

It's too impossible to predict the outcome of the main event in my humble opinion. So many good possabilites. Will be interesting to see what road they take. Saying I'm keen for Mondays's PPV is an understatement!!
Blackwhite
Reserves

Postby Blackwhite » Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:14 pm

Just watched the Triple H Thy Kingdom Come and the Top 25 rivalries DVD's. I had my doubts but I cannot speak highly enough of them.

The HHH DVD is a great all round insight into the blokes life. He is a genuine human being and it was made just that much more clear that he eats sleeps and breathes pro wrestling.

As for the Top 25 rivalries DVD, what a task that would have been trying to put each rivalry in the appropriate order. Very happy with how they did it though and loved the comments from the interviewers. Interesting that the HHH v HBK rivalry and the WWE v the Alliance didnt make the cut though.

Overall I would highly recomend these 2 DVD's, they will not disapoint!
Blackwhite
Reserves

Postby woodublieve12 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:44 am

Just heads up, anything you put up today regarding the ppv, can you please put spoilers on.
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby Bully » Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:55 pm

randall wins

WWE champ match
Bully
Coach