Lesnar ends the streak :shock:

:shock:
Bully
Coach

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 120 times

Re: Pro Wrestling Talk

Postby wristwatcher » Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:40 pm

Groover wrote:please post anything relevant on here to keep us updated.
Also make sure we use spoilers for those who do not wish to know just yet.

I will be discussing results as soon as its done. If you don't want to know them stay of the page.
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 846 times

Postby Bully » Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:47 pm

Lesnar breaks the streak .

Stupid Vince , stupid !!!'
Bully
Coach

Postby helicopterking » Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:24 pm

Yes Stupid, but you can't give the people everything they want. Setting the crowd up for D.Bryan to win.
helicopterking
Coach

Has liked: 298 times
Been liked: 667 times

Postby Bully » Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:27 pm

bryan wins

Lesnar v Bryan will be next up surely
Bully
Coach

Postby Groover » Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:28 pm

yep dumb result, only positive to come out of it is that taker can now retire instead of coming back for one match every year.
Hogg Shield Premier League Winner 2012
Groover
League - Top 5

Has liked: 222 times
Been liked: 386 times
Grassroots Team: Brahma Lodge

Postby wristwatcher » Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:37 pm

YES \o/ YES \o/ YES \o/

Great main event. Well done Daniel Bryant you champion, no make that undisputed World Champion!

I must say when Brock hit the 3rd F5. We said "hang on a minute, WTF!!!!!. Why was the build up so shit if the streak was going to end" :shock:

Good to see Cesaro win.

Overall I thought the crowd was at times a little flat only really going nuts for DBryan and the legends at the start.

Still a pretty entertaining show but the main was the best match by miles. A few very slow methodical matches in there. Certainly better than last year though IMO.
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Postby Pag » Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:39 pm

To give credit, I sat there after the count and was in shock for about 60 seconds. Can't remember the last time I did that, maybe when Austin joined McMahon at WrestleMania XVII.

Some people will be disappointed, I'm almost happy WWE still has the ability do that to a fan of 16 years.

Massive ups to 'Taker, think that was the last time we'll see him, unless there's a re-match with Lesnar next year. Thanks for the memories.
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 499 times

Postby Bully » Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:44 pm

surely its bryan v lesnar from here

still should have been undefeated for taker. Stupid IMO
Bully
Coach

Postby wristwatcher » Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:12 pm

Pag wrote:To give credit, I sat there after the count and was in shock for about 60 seconds. Can't remember the last time I did that, maybe when Austin joined McMahon at WrestleMania XVII.

Some people will be disappointed, I'm almost happy WWE still has the ability do that to a fan of 16 years.

Massive ups to 'Taker, think that was the last time we'll see him, unless there's a re-match with Lesnar next year. Thanks for the memories.

I love the guy but he looked old, slow and immobile. Realistically he looked like 50 something year old. I was still surprised by the result. As I mentioned earlier if this was going to be the end it should have been massively built from the Rumble.

I'd be surprised if he has goes round again but stranger things have happened.
wristwatcher
Coach

Postby Robran » Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:07 pm

Imho I think it was one of the worst manias eva crowd was flat all night..In the shield vs kane and the new age it was dead quite I couldnt believe it highlight for me was ceasaro lifting the show and winning the andre the giant tribute match.. I cant see bootista staying around long he is very ordinary at best. But the biggest suprise was the streak and I thought I was a very good idea for it to end but I reckon it should have been against a loyal wrestler that has been around and will continue to stick around instead of some toss that has clearly dictated what he wants in his contract..
GO THE COCKS
The mighty cocks 2018 premiers
Robran
League - Best 21

Has liked: 209 times
Been liked: 189 times

Postby wristwatcher » Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:28 pm

Check out the Divas match again. Cameron's top breakes. Big wardrobe malfunction. Funny stuff.
wristwatcher
Coach

Postby Bully » Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:32 pm

Robran wrote:Imho I think it was one of the worst manias eva crowd was flat all night..In the shield vs kane and the new age it was dead quite I couldnt believe it highlight for me was ceasaro lifting the show and winning the andre the giant tribute match.. I cant see bootista staying around long he is very ordinary at best. But the biggest suprise was the streak and I thought I was a very good idea for it to end but I reckon it should have been against a loyal wrestler that has been around and will continue to stick around instead of some toss that has clearly dictated what he wants in his contract..

the raw that follows mania is always good for crowd noise :D Hope it stays that way!
Bully
Coach

Postby cokadonkeytoo » Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:17 pm

Food for thought;

Did Taker go against the script and 'take a dive'? To me Brock and Heyman looked genuinely surprised at the result themselves. Could Taker have felt thats it im done and I dont want to even consider having the streak over his head in 12 months time at WW31. I hope he shows on Raw and says goodbye to the masses (if hes finished that is)
Get that corn outta my face!!
cokadonkeytoo
Under 18s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 44 times
Grassroots Team: Para Hills

Postby Blackwhite » Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:18 pm

Can't remember the last time I cried about pro wrestling but the streak being ended stirred up a few emotions. RIP Deadman :(
Blackwhite
Reserves

Has liked: 58 times
Grassroots Team: Payneham NU

Postby Blackwhite » Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:19 pm

cokadonkeytoo wrote:Food for thought;

Did Taker go against the script and 'take a dive'? To me Brock and Heyman looked genuinely surprised at the result themselves. Could Taker have felt thats it im done and I dont want to even consider having the streak over his head in 12 months time at WW31. I hope he shows on Raw and says goodbye to the masses (if hes finished that is)

Surly an appearance on Raw for the Deadman is certain. Could be a retirement speech. Can't believe the streak has been broken.
Blackwhite
Reserves

Postby wristwatcher » Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:36 pm

cokadonkeytoo wrote:Food for thought;

No chance in hell he changed mid match.
wristwatcher
Coach

Postby Robran » Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:30 pm

No way he just chucked it in.. im sure that Brock would have had said something on coming back to WWE in his negotiations with vince. I just hope that lesnar stays around now because it is without doubt the most laughable thing that the Wwe let Brock actually be the man to break the streak.. im more suprised that the undertaker allowed brock to be the man although we dont know if the dead man even had a say... on a side note to see arguably the greatest 3 wrestlers in the ring together was truly amazing that was one of the few times the crowd made some noice.. there will only ever be 1 stone cold the greatest ever entertainer in the history if the WWE in my opinion..
GO THE COCKS
The mighty cocks 2018 premiers
Robran
League - Best 21

Has liked: 209 times
Been liked: 189 times

Postby Bully » Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:43 pm

no way he threw it because the fella who keeps leaking the results before the PPVs said that Brock breaks the streak. So it must be right :D
Bully
Coach

Postby Blackwhite » Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:43 pm

Robran wrote:No way he just chucked it in.. im sure that Brock would have had said something on coming back to WWE in his negotiations with vince. I just hope that lesnar stays around now because it is without doubt the most laughable thing that the Wwe let Brock actually be the man to break the streak.. im more suprised that the undertaker allowed brock to be the man although we dont know if the dead man even had a say... on a side note to see arguably the greatest 3 wrestlers in the ring together was truly amazing that was one of the few times the crowd made some noice.. there will only ever be 1 stone cold the greatest ever entertainer in the history if the WWE in my opinion..

Has been made clear a few times Undertaker has creative control over his character and clears every creative idea. No doubt it was his choice for the streak to be broken. Would love an explanation as to why Brock was the man to break it though.
Blackwhite
Reserves

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Other Sports