Southern Football League

A forum dedicated to the Southern Football League!

Re: Southern Football League

Postby jet-airport » Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:14 pm

Can anyone point me to or attach the link for the clearences for 2014 in SFL.
Cheers
jet-airport
Rookie

Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 15 times
Grassroots Team: Reynella

Postby shoe boy » Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:42 pm

leftpeg wrote:Does anyone know the outcome of the vote regarding whether or not the SFL will adopt the FDC recommendations?
I believe this vote took place at the SFL Committee meeting last night.

LEFTPEG all I can say ](*,)
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

Postby leftpeg » Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:14 pm

shoe boy wrote:
leftpeg wrote:Does anyone know the outcome of the vote regarding whether or not the SFL will adopt the FDC recommendations?

LEFTPEG all I can say ](*,)

I'm guessing that means they chose to adopt the recommendations :x
you beauty.. we are going to take away the one thing that sets the SFL apart from all the other leagues.. well played Brighton & MVPFC.
leftpeg

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 5 times

Postby shoe boy » Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:09 am

No, they chose to do nothing! :shock:
When will they realise that the board are elected to represent the clubs! and not the interests of a minority.

The board put in place a FDC that had a difficult role but not withstanding put together a document that would not please all.
It would appear the board doesn't like the recommendations but as they say when you dig deep you might not like what you find!

I will finish with a quote! "Change is the law of life.And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future"
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Postby Look Good In Leather » Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:33 pm

Vote deferred until June to allow the SFL board to meet with each club individually. Drags it out a bit, but now we at least have a date where hopefully we will get a decision one way or the other so our clubs can prepare accordingly.
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby leftpeg » Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:23 pm

shoe boy wrote:No, they chose to do nothing!
When will they realise that the board are elected to represent the clubs! and not the interests of a minority.

The board put in place a FDC that had a difficult role but not withstanding put together a document that would not please all.
It would appear the board doesn't like the recommendations but as they say when you dig deep you might not like what you find!

I will finish with a quote! "Change is the law of life.And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future"

=D> \:D/ =D> \:D/ =D> \:D/
I cannot believe I am going to say this.. but HOORAY!! for the first time ever the SFL Board has done something right.

The board's main objective is to act in the best interest of the league. Moving from 5 Saturday games to 4 is definitely not in the best interest of the league.

Well done SFL Board. Now lets hope they can convince those clubs who were looking like making the wrong decision.
If the vote passed the league would lose revenue, atmosphere and more drastically rid many individuals of the opportunity to play footy each week.
leftpeg

Postby shoe boy » Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:54 am

Look Good In Leather wrote:

Vote deferred until June to allow the SFL board to meet with each club individually. Drags it out a bit, but now we at least have a date where hopefully we will get a decision one way or the other so our clubs can prepare accordingly.

You mean AGAIN lgil!!
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Postby Tiger83 » Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:58 am

For the un-intiated.. Whats the proposal we are discussing here?? Apologies if its been posted previously..
Tiger83
Under 18s

Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 20 times

Postby Waterboy » Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:26 am

Tiger83 wrote:For the un-intiated.. Whats the proposal we are discussing here?? Apologies if its been posted previously..

These are the Future Directions Committee recommendations that are to be voted on

FDC Recommendation 1
The Saturday match program should be restructured as follows:
• Junior Colts (currently U/16) should change to U/15.
• Senior Colts (currently U/18) should change to U/17.
• The Sub-Junior Colts grade (currently U/14) should be removed from the Saturday Program.

FDC Recommendation 2
• An optional third senior grade competition should be created and played in the current U/18 time slot.
• The U/15 and U/17 games should be played in the current U/14 and U/16 time slots.

FDC Recommendation 3
• The existing Saturday Sub-Junior Colts grade (currently U/14) should be moved to Sunday mornings and changed to U/13.

FDC Recommendation 4
• The Sunday overflow junior grade (currently U/14) should be changed to U/15 to re-align with the Saturday junior grades.

FDC Recommendation 5
• The Saturday grades A-Grade, B-Grade, U/17 and U/15 should be made compulsory to field in order to affiliate with the Southern Football League.

FDC Recommendation 6
• The Southern Football League should adopt a fixed timeline for implementation of the proposed changes.
Waterboy
Rookie

Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: OSB Lonsdale

Postby cracka » Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:30 pm

So nothing about going back to 2 divisions at all.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 461 times
Been liked: 566 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby leftpeg » Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:51 pm

cracka wrote:So nothing about going back to 2 divisions at all.

DEFINITELY NOT!! That would mean the FDC would actually have to address the problem for which they were created (trying to minimise the weekly 100+pt thrashings in Senior Grades).

Cracka surely you realise that changing the structure of the junior grades is much more beneficial, than changing the structure of the senior grades, in order to improve the competition in the senior grades.

](*,) :Hangman:
leftpeg

Postby tigerpie » Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:56 pm

If the recommendations are followed through then you wont need 2 divisions because a few clubs wont fit the criteria to be affiliated with the SFL. I.E you must field 4 teams on saturdays.
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 500 times
Been liked: 431 times

Postby Keyser Soze » Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:00 pm

shoe boy wrote:No, they chose to do nothing! :shock:

What a surprise, the SFL choose to do nothing! It's now been over TWO years since the meeting of club delegates at Reynella Football Club to discuss the FDC proposal and that was probably most productive meeting when the SFL officals were told by the clubs that they were not welcome and it was a club decision.....since then SFL input has stalled any decision making process. :roll:

On another note, saw Matheson from Noarlunga to Blackwood, played mainly B's last year but would have thought players like him would have covered for losses from last years A-grade?

Any trials booked as yet?
Keyser Soze
Rookie

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 10 times

Postby marbles » Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:02 pm

leftpeg wrote:
cracka wrote:So nothing about going back to 2 divisions at all.

DEFINITELY NOT!! That would mean the FDC would actually have to address the problem for which they were created (trying to minimise the weekly 100+pt thrashings in Senior Grades).

bump :)
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 276 times
Been liked: 259 times

Postby shoe boy » Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:27 am

Any trials booked as yet?[/quote]

Shoes playing
Brighton
Goolwa
Victor
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Postby Champ » Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:28 pm

Waterboy wrote:
Tiger83 wrote:For the un-intiated.. Whats the proposal we are discussing here?? Apologies if its been posted previously..

These are the Future Directions Committee recommendations that are to be voted on

FDC Recommendation 1
• The Sub-Junior Colts grade (currently U/14) should be removed from the Saturday Program.

FDC Recommendation 2
• An optional third senior grade competition should be created and played in the current U/18 time slot.
• The U/15 and U/17 games should be played in the current U/14 and U/16 time slots.

FDC Recommendation 3
• The existing Saturday Sub-Junior Colts grade (currently U/14) should be moved to Sunday mornings and changed to U/13.

FDC Recommendation 4
• The Sunday overflow junior grade (currently U/14) should be changed to U/15 to re-align with the Saturday junior grades.

FDC Recommendation 5
• The Saturday grades A-Grade, B-Grade, U/17 and U/15 should be made compulsory to field in order to affiliate with the Southern Football League.

FDC Recommendation 6
• The Southern Football League should adopt a fixed timeline for implementation of the proposed changes.

What a farce! I thought everyone was dead behind the 'FDC' as it was finally going to point out the flaws in the current structure and more importantly suggestions to fix them?
Personally I dont understand why the need to move away from the SANFL under age categories - can someone give me an insight? Which clubs actually dont already fulfill 4 teams? Lonsdale?
Champ
Under 18s

Has liked: 51 times
Been liked: 9 times
Grassroots Team: Gawler Central

Postby Waterboy » Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:11 pm

Champ wrote:
Waterboy wrote:

FDC Recommendation 1

FDC Recommendation 2

FDC Recommendation 3

FDC Recommendation 4

FDC Recommendation 5

FDC Recommendation 6

What a farce! I thought everyone was dead behind the 'FDC' as it was finally going to point out the flaws in the current structure and more importantly suggestions to fix them?
Personally I dont understand why the need to move away from the SANFL under age categories - can someone give me an insight? Which clubs actually dont already fulfill 4 teams? Lonsdale?

Going off of last year, it would be Morphetville Park, Edwardstown and Marion. Nominations for this season's U16s and U14s aren't due until the end of the month. Lonsdale had to forfeit a couple of games due to players being unavailable due to conflict with Cardijn College games, but did have the 2 grades on Saturday.
Waterboy
Rookie

Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: OSB Lonsdale

Postby shoe boy » Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:20 pm

Personally I dont understand why the need to move away from the SANFL under age categories - can someone give me an insight? Which clubs actually dont already fulfill 4 teams? Lonsdale?[/quote]

Going off of last year, it would be Morphetville Park, Edwardstown and Marion. Nominations for this season's U16s and U14s aren't due until the end of the month. Lonsdale had to forfeit a couple of games due to players being unavailable due to conflict with Cardijn College games, but did have the 2 grades on Saturday.[/quote]

MMM sides down the hill bar the Bombers
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Postby 85 WAS A GOOD YEAR » Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:39 pm

Don't forget last season Brighton was initially unable to field a Saturday U16 side as well. So they would have only had 4/5 teams if the criteria was enforced last year

To enable their players to get club footy games, the SFL allowed both Brighton & Morphettville Park Sunday U16 teams to play against the Saturday program U16's teams, with those matches played on Sundays
85 WAS A GOOD YEAR
League - Best 21

Has liked: 99 times
Been liked: 7 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Postby Keyser Soze » Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:23 pm

85 WAS A GOOD YEAR wrote:Don't forget last season Brighton was initially unable to field a Saturday U16 side as well. So they would have only had 4/5 teams if the criteria was enforced last year

To enable their players to get club footy games, the SFL allowed both Brighton & Morphettville Park Sunday U16 teams to play against the Saturday program U16's teams, with those matches played on Sundays

Not sure they were struggling to field a side......they won the Premiership and other team lost prelim by a point in the under 16's. I do however agree it was a disgrace that SFL allowed them to field two sides in the saturday comp especially when others sides couldn't field one and some had to forfiet.

The argument will always be that sides like Brighton, MVP, Edwardstown and Marion draw kids that attend privates schools in there catchment area such as Sacred Heart and Westminster that play there school footy on Saturdays. Therefore for them to stay involved in Club footy they must play on Sunday or they are lost to the SFL.
Keyser Soze
Rookie

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 10 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  SFL