Southern Football League

A forum dedicated to the Southern Football League!

Re: Southern Football League

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:52 pm

If the news cameras don't rock up ill walk to China.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 739 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Keyser Soze » Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:04 pm

Broken Down Hack wrote:Dropped into the Pastie on the way hm from wk for a couple of frothies....great to see no less that over a hundred kids out there training from AUSKICK TO U/16'S ..... the clubroom packed with parents ... sausage sizzle going ... there doing something right down there..

Great effort by MVP juniors but come on BDH no way you could effectively fit 6 teams training on that oval at the same time, must have been a quality session :roll:
Keyser Soze
Rookie

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 10 times

Postby fisho mcspaz » Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:08 pm

LaughingKookaburra wrote:If the news cameras don't rock up ill walk to China.

I am glad for the first time in my life that the whole McSpaz family is currently down with gastro. I was dreading tomorrow. Hopefully no one says anything to the reporters - best thing to do now is to just shut up, I think. Sooner we can move on from this, the better.
Hey Goose, ya big stud! Take me to bed or lose me for ever.
fisho mcspaz
League - Top 5

Has liked: 84 times
Been liked: 111 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby tigerpie » Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:31 am

I think you'll have to share the media spotlight with the Kilburn Football club. Former Div 1 premiers only had 14 on the field at one point last week, and are playing a 45 year old.
They got pumped by around 50 goals, so i think all the cameras will be at their game this week.
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 498 times
Been liked: 429 times

Postby The Cadet » Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:18 pm

Time for the Sharks to announce the SOS ( save our sharks ) campaign. Similar what the Richmond footy club did when they were down and out in the late 80's ( Save our Skins). A chance to unite the club past players, supporters to put there hand up and show there true colours.
The Cadet
Under 16s

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 2 times

Postby Peter Griffen » Sat Apr 12, 2014 6:08 pm

Some dirty stuff from the hackham boys today. That Sudanese player should be ashamed and have a nice little holiday but I'd doubt it.
Peter Griffen
Under 16s

Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 15 times
Grassroots Team: Barmera-Monash

Postby fisho mcspaz » Sat Apr 12, 2014 7:54 pm

The Cadet wrote:Time for the Sharks to announce the SOS ( save our sharks ) campaign. Similar what the Richmond footy club did when they were down and out in the late 80's ( Save our Skins). A chance to unite the club past players, supporters to put there hand up and show there true colours.

Absolutely. We've got to get it going now, rather than waiting till the end of the season. Need a strong pitch to the local community, and target as many ex-Sharks as possible (that is, locals now playing elsewhere).
fisho mcspaz
League - Top 5

Postby Dutchy » Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:54 pm

Clean sweep by Flaggies today
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3484 times

Postby Tiger Couple » Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:15 am

Stopped in at Hackham to have a look at the 2nd Half today. Have not seen a SFL game for a few years so was surprised to see Hackham win the 2nd half. Hackham seemed to have a reasonable game plan and used the open side to get some run into the game. The difference for me was when the ball was kept in tight Reynella were a lot stronger and cleaner with the ball.

Wasn't a bad game to watch and will try and get out to see more Grassroots footy when possible.
Tiger Couple
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 5 times

Postby vics01 » Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:30 am

Although a big loss for the Cobras A grade for season 2014 it is great to see Matt Reavill having a run in the C grade, hopefully he gets the urge to play higher would be a really handy leader amongst the youngsters running around.. Although any young bloke having a run in the C grade will learn heaps from Reavill along with Luke Remfry and Matt Sloan fantastic experience.. Giving back to the club..
vics01
Reserves

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 58 times
Grassroots Team: Cove

Postby King » Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:23 pm

A bit of trivia. I'm not sure if its a record or not, but according to the scores on the SFL site there was 12 goals 7 behinds kicked in the last quater of yesterday's Morphett Vale v Aldinga B Grade game. That is significant as it amounts to 19 scoring shots during a quater which is meant to be only 20 minutes with no time on!!!! Assuming the ball went over the fence a few times during that scoring spree and allowing time for ball ups and kick ins, it is an amazing stat.
King
Under 16s

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Postby Mister Footy » Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:45 pm

Ripper game of footy at Porties yesterday. Valleys had a few out and pretty young side but were strongly challenged by Porties all day and only got the break in the last quarter.
Porties will be around the mark this year I reckon
Mister Footy
Under 18s

Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 28 times
Grassroots Team: Happy Valley

Postby Mister Footy » Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:46 pm

Peter Griffen wrote:Some dirty stuff from the hackham boys today. That Sudanese player should be ashamed and have a nice little holiday but I'd doubt it.

Wonder if this is the same kid that got reported in a townies v valleys game a few years back?
Mister Footy
Under 18s

Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 28 times
Grassroots Team: Happy Valley

Postby Moe » Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:45 am

Broken Down Hack wrote:Dropped into the Pastie on the way hm from wk for a couple of frothies....great to see no less that over a hundred kids out there training from AUSKICK TO U/16'S ..... the clubroom packed with parents ... sausage sizzle going ... there doing something right down there..

We haven't even started AUSKICK yet.
Got roughly 30 signed up, so imagine putting another 30 kids out there!
Moe has the unenviable task of coaching 31 under 8's, and it is arguably the longest hour of my week.
Moe
League - Best 21

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 91 times
Grassroots Team: Morphettville Park

Postby Esteban Vihaio » Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:11 pm

Moe wrote:

Moe has the unenviable task of coaching 31 under 8's, and it is arguably the longest hour of my week.

At least you the kids can be assured you won't have been at Lennies the in the hours prior to a game
Where's Bill? Yeah... Hmm... Bill is on the Villa Quatro, on the road to Salina. I will draw you a map.
Esteban Vihaio
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 36 times

Postby Moe » Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:49 pm

Esteban Vihaio wrote:
Moe wrote:

At least you the kids can be assured you won't have been at Lennies the in the hours prior to a game

Hmmmm.
Some one knows Moe's history.
If only I knew whom Esteban was.
Moe
League - Best 21

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 91 times
Grassroots Team: Morphettville Park

Postby Look Good In Leather » Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:09 pm

tigerpie wrote:I think you'll have to share the media spotlight with the Kilburn Football club. Former Div 1 premiers only had 14 on the field at one point last week, and are playing a 45 year old.
They got pumped by around 50 goals, so i think all the cameras will be at their game this week.

As expected the focus was put on Aldinga and the SFL once again.
Obviously the Sunday Mail were not keen to upset the SAAFL too much, being a significant customer with their page of results each week.
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby fisho mcspaz » Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:37 pm

Look Good In Leather wrote:
tigerpie wrote:I think you'll have to share the media spotlight with the Kilburn Football club. Former Div 1 premiers only had 14 on the field at one point last week, and are playing a 45 year old.

As expected the focus was put on Aldinga and the SFL once again.
Obviously the Sunday Mail were not keen to upset the SAAFL too much, being a significant customer with their page of results each week.

Yeah, not the most flattering write-up. Makes us sound like Cletus off the Simpsons. At least it was fairly positive regarding the club's future and juniors.
fisho mcspaz
League - Top 5

Postby Down the Hill » Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:03 pm

I saw the start of the B grade game and noticed 1 player wearing a different style Aldinga jumper to everyone else and surprise surprise that player was one of the photos in the Sunday Mail. We all knew the media were going to be there so if Aldinga didn't want to look like a club in dire straits, that didn't help.
Down the Hill
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 275 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby Look Good In Leather » Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:36 pm

Down the Hill wrote:I saw the start of the B grade game and noticed 1 player wearing a different style Aldinga jumper to everyone else and surprise surprise that player was one of the photos in the Sunday Mail. We all knew the media were going to be there so if Aldinga didn't want to look like a club in dire straits, that didn't help.

Was DTH hanging around hoping for a TV cameo?
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  SFL