Southern Football League

A forum dedicated to the Southern Football League!

Re: Southern Football League

Postby helicopterking » Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:08 pm

Well Done Marion.
Similar position to Aldinga a few years back and didn't embarrass themselves by almost enjoying how badly they were getting smashed and nearly folded. Have worked hard with a younger group to keep them together.
Worked hard on and off the field and went to the Messenger for help. What's happened now is basically a publicity stunt. And what happens with publicity stunts is that once it's over and bigger hole awaits.
Enjoy the pity you receive for the upcoming weeks.
They are not laughing with you, they are laughing at you.
helicopterking
Coach

Has liked: 298 times
Been liked: 667 times

Postby fisho mcspaz » Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:23 pm

helicopterking wrote:Well Done Marion.
Similar position to Aldinga a few years back and didn't embarrass themselves by almost enjoying how badly they were getting smashed and nearly folded. Have worked hard with a younger group to keep them together.
Worked hard on and off the field and went to the Messenger for help. What's happened now is basically a publicity stunt. And what happens with publicity stunts is that once it's over and bigger hole awaits.

No pity required, but thanks all the same, Captain Obvious. Club should've hired you as footy ops manager, you might have saved us from the error of our ways.
Hey Goose, ya big stud! Take me to bed or lose me for ever.
fisho mcspaz
League - Top 5

Has liked: 84 times
Been liked: 111 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby heater31 » Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:37 pm

Aldinga, don't bother changing your fixture with Edwardstown to play on Adelaide Oval. The proposed opponent lost by 436 points today...... waste of time :shock:
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby fisho mcspaz » Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:48 pm

heater31 wrote:Aldinga, don't bother changing your fixture with Edwardstown to play on Adelaide Oval. The proposed opponent lost by 436 points today...... waste of time :shock:

Oh god I don't want to play them. I'd rather watch a proper SFL game, for points, not some bulls*** PR exercise to determine the worst flavour of the month in SA. Local footy deserves a better stage than that. Put Valley and Morphett Vale out on Adelaide Oval and I'd pay to go watch.
fisho mcspaz
League - Top 5

Postby Keyser Soze » Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:11 pm

fisho mcspaz wrote:

No pity required, but thanks all the same, Captain Obvious. Club should've hired you as footy ops manager, you might have saved us from the error of our ways.

After speaking to a few people who were at the game today, the Aldinga side that took the field today didn't resemble anything like the sides against Morphett Vale or Porties in previous weeks. The questions must be asked if they have all these players where have they been and will they again 'vanish' in coming weeks with games against Happy Valley and Reynella but appear again for the Lonsdale game (e.g. Harman). Like to know what the ex-coach thinks of this. The other that has gone un-noticed is how many Aldinga players are getting paid which makes the previous performances even more embarrassing. Under 16's beat Flagstaff Hill that's where the attention should be diverted.

Some close games today.

Porties over Towns
Christies over Vikings at Happy Valley
Shoes over Cove
Morphett Vale over Brighton setting up a top of the table clash with Reynella next weekend!
Keyser Soze
Rookie

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 10 times

Postby the red baron » Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:52 pm

Went down to Aldinga today and was pleasantly surprised with the standard of the game considering the blustery conditions. Vessali played well for the sharks controlling the ruck, while Carter played a great game for Marion coming off half back. Free entry to the game plus a snag or two, ensured there was a huge crowd. Well played to both sides.
the red baron
Under 18s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: Gumeracha

Postby fisho mcspaz » Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:52 pm

Can't comment on the ins and outs of players - official word is 'injury' regarding absences. I'm not a player or present during most trainings, so I can't say. My guess is that absences are due partly to injury, and partly to bulls*** excuses. That was the case last year, for certain. How much responsibility do you think the coach should take for that? Not a rhetorical question - I'm interested. Tyler Harman works in the mines so he's not available every week. And yeah, today's team was not at all like the team three weeks ago (we were sick during the Great Bee Episode). Players may let the side down but who hires them? Who TRAINS them? Does anyone train them? This is why I want to know how much culpability a coach should have in such a situation.

As for player payments, I've my own opinions on that but they are best expressed to the club and not on a public forum.
fisho mcspaz
League - Top 5

Postby King » Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:07 pm

Based on scores on the SFL site, there was only one point kicked in the last quarter of the Christies v HV game today. Is this correct? If so, any witnesses care to comment?
King
Under 16s

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 14 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Postby Look Good In Leather » Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:16 pm

King wrote:Based on scores on the SFL site, there was only one point kicked in the last quarter of the Christies v HV game today. Is this correct? If so, any witnesses care to comment?

The scores are all over the shop on the SFL site, the end result looks correct but we certainly were not 4 goals up at half time and were down at 3/4 time. It was a low scoring last quarter but we scored a goal to win the game.
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby helicopterking » Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:38 am

fisho mcspaz wrote:

I know some of the blokes you've paid in the previous years, so I couldn't have done any worse.But you've made your bed now. So enjoy the painful, embarrassing death.
Well Done Christies Beach, that's massive. Hard work pays off.
helicopterking
Coach

Has liked: 298 times
Been liked: 667 times

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:50 am

So why have Aldinga chosen OSB/Lonsdale and not Valleys or Reynella? It's obvious why but I fail to see how it helps the Lions or the league....
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 740 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Peter Griffen » Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:12 am

LaughingKookaburra wrote:So why have Aldinga chosen OSB/Lonsdale and not Valleys or Reynella? It's obvious why but I fail to see how it helps the Lions or the league....

Exactly my thoughts. That game is 50/50 anyway. Now the Footy Show will bang on about how they brought the Sharks back from the dead. If they wanted to see where Aldinga is really at they'd get Crawf to play Reynella.
Peter Griffen
Under 16s

Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 15 times
Grassroots Team: Barmera-Monash

Postby Look Good In Leather » Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:16 am

Peter Griffen wrote:
LaughingKookaburra wrote:So why have Aldinga chosen OSB/Lonsdale and not Valleys or Reynella? It's obvious why but I fail to see how it helps the Lions or the league....

Exactly my thoughts. That game is 50/50 anyway. Now the Footy Show will bang on about how they brought the Sharks back from the dead. If they wanted to see where Aldinga is really at they'd get Crawf to play Reynella.

You don't honestly believe this is anything other than self-serving on the part of Ch9?

They are just setting themselves up to be the hero.

If we were conspiracy theorists, it could be suggested this is all being done to take the focus off the other metro league that they have made a significant investment into this year

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:18 am

Peter Griffen wrote:

Give the Lions some credit it was not 50/50 after the first few rounds.

I understand where you're coming from LGIL however the club still has to agree with it. I know you're not going to knock back a helping hand but this ain't going to solve the issue when a week later they get smashed by 45 goals again.

Maybe Lonsdale can get a permit to play Trev Rigney and a few other ex players ;)
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 740 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby fisho mcspaz » Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:08 am

My take on it - besides the obvious PR gimmick that it is - is that 1) it'll make Aldinga look better if they aren't playing a decent side; 2) by playing another struggling team, it will hopefully attract supporters back to that club as well and maybe make them a bit of coin. The SFL will take that angle, I think.
fisho mcspaz
League - Top 5

Postby fisho mcspaz » Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:29 am

helicopterking wrote:
fisho mcspaz wrote:

I know some of the blokes you've paid in the previous years, so I couldn't have done any worse.But you've made your bed now. So enjoy the painful, embarrassing death.

Because it's so enjoyable watching your team take one step forward and three steps backward repeatedly. Of course we don't f***ing well enjoy it but we turn up every bloody week unlike 3/4 of the ring-ins. And yesterday's game - the good things about it had nothing to do with the media or any of that crap. (The cowbells - whoever's idea that was, shoot them. ) I don't know how many people came along yesterday, nor how many were actual locals or simply attracted by the publicity and free snags - but up on the balcony yelling our lungs out were the same faces I've been standing with for years. I suppose the main thing I noticed about the game - besides the fact that Aldinga were actually having a crack and playing like a team - was that they weren't complacent. Anyone else noticed that? How the Sharks do better against better teams, but during games when they actually have a chance of winning, they're lazy and undisciplined and it's an embarrassment. It engenders a similar frustration to watching Bernard Tomic play tennis. Yesterday, though, they kept putting in the effort. I'd rather see that on a consistent basis, than see us have a few wins and get off the bottom of the table.
fisho mcspaz
League - Top 5

Postby marbles » Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:33 am

aldinga getting smashed by 700 points in 3 games

marion only beat aldinga by a goal :shock: rams not ailing fish too?

oh look is that a bye in SAAFL div 7?
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 276 times
Been liked: 258 times

Postby fisho mcspaz » Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:48 pm

helicopterking wrote:
fisho mcspaz wrote:

I forgot that my usual response to this sort of thing is through MS Paint. It has been a while. Forgive my earlier tirade - I think that this shows a lot more finesse. ;) I apologise to Marion, because I haven't anything against them and I agree that they've worked hard to pull through a tough time, without the need for the media to throw them a pity party. However Aldinga goes about achieving its ends, though, it's still my club and I'm going to support them regardless of my feelings on the matter.

nobody likes aldinga.png
nobody likes aldinga.png (182.78 KiB) Viewed 4629 times

You're welcome. 8)
fisho mcspaz
League - Top 5

Postby Oldman Munga » Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:15 pm

Anyone else here ever had any matchday disputes with Coves Director of Coaching ??? I now know who the worlds greatest Wanker is
Oldman Munga
Rookie

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby vics01 » Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:31 pm

OM M

What happened.. What has he done
vics01
Reserves

Has liked: 6 times