Southern Football League

A forum dedicated to the Southern Football League!

Re: Southern Football League

by Look Good In Leather » Tue May 27, 2014 12:08 am

Ogilthorpe wrote:
Look Good In Leather wrote:
Keyser Soze wrote:
17yo standing up to a thug is hardly a "coward punch"

Not the way to react though, hence 4 weeks

Nice story though, where you from?
Perhaps just another coward not willing to say what their club is.

So he's guilty of a coward punch, can consider himself lucky to only get 4 weeks with some of the recent decisions at the tribunal.

No, guilty of a punch only and got the penalty it deserved.

However, a shattered jaw in finals got 5 weeks, a retaliation punch in this case got 4 - I would suggest this was quite harsh in comparison with recent decisions.

This incident happened directly in front of me and the kids at the northern end goals and did not look good at all. Did not see any provocation, Very lucky to only get the 4 games. Obviously all the coverage in the media regarding this type of assault has fallen on deaf ears. Worst bit was the youngest being in tears and now not wanting to have anything to do with footy anymore.

So this "assault" was so horrific and terrible that over two weeks passed before WLF or Ogilthorpe or whichever account you are going to log in with next suddenly had a bolt of inspiration that this "disgusting" event needed to be discussed???

A 17 year old kid is missing 4 weeks for retaliating following a number of incidents where he was targeted for intimidation with multiple punches to the back of the head and body. I am not condoning his response, but it was punished accordingly as it should have been. He is not the first player to do something wrong, and certainly wont be the last. If you had such an issue with it, then maybe you should have raised it at the time, rather than pumping it up over two weeks later as some sensationalist bullshit, even adding in the old "won't someone think of the children" rubbish.

...and what is with you Marion people not selecting that in your profile? Ashamed? No pride in your club?
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

by Look Good In Leather » Tue May 27, 2014 12:11 am

White Line Fever wrote:
I'm Marion all the way pal do your homework.

Then why hide it?
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

by Keyser Soze » Tue May 27, 2014 12:28 am

Down the Hill wrote:But you don't refute the kicking bit OMM. Seems like this lad is building himself a fair rap sheet. Come on LGIL, I thought they all become wonderful citizens once they spend a bit of time at Bice Oval.

I suppose there's no room left in your shed OMM to try and coax the lad back to Noarlunga. ;)

This reminds me of a few quotes from a post on the Aldinga Sharks Forum (page 137) on friday:-

'None of us want to see stupid acts by individuals which damage the names of clubs or leagues '

'Clubs who are dragged through the mud due to acts of stupidity or violence, things like that can be difficult to shake'

Right on the money there LGIL :roll:
Keyser Soze
Rookie

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 10 times

by Look Good In Leather » Tue May 27, 2014 12:34 am

Keyser Soze wrote:
Down the Hill wrote:But you don't refute the kicking bit OMM. Seems like this lad is building himself a fair rap sheet. Come on LGIL, I thought they all become wonderful citizens once they spend a bit of time at Bice Oval.

I suppose there's no room left in your shed OMM to try and coax the lad back to Noarlunga. ;)

This reminds me of a few quotes from a post on the Aldinga Sharks Forum (page 137) on friday:-

'None of us want to see stupid acts by individuals which damage the names of clubs or leagues '

'Clubs who are dragged through the mud due to acts of stupidity or violence, things like that can be difficult to shake'

Right on the money there LGIL :roll:

Yes, none of us want to see violence on the field. Most of us, however, do not want to see it built up into something it's not when unfortunately it occurs, others do for some reason.
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

by White Line Fever » Tue May 27, 2014 6:11 am

White Line Fever wrote:
I'm Marion all the way pal do your homework.

Then why hide it?

Are you the forum police now?

FYI I post from the tapatalk app and can't update preferences.
White Line Fever
League - Top 5

Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 16 times

Southern Football League

by White Line Fever » Tue May 27, 2014 6:14 am

Truthfully it is obvious he has talent and it's a shame that a young kid is already building a reputation for a dirty player.

The league needs to be aware of it & the supporters so that hopefully peer pressure pulls him in line.

Not going to say anymore about it.
White Line Fever
League - Top 5

Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 16 times

by shoe boy » Tue May 27, 2014 9:08 am

White Line Fever wrote:So has anything been said about the young no.33 for Christies, the same kid who kicked 120 & 88 goals in u16/u18, who coward punched a Marion player 120m off the ball few weeks ago and copped just 4 weeks?

The Marion players teeth went straight through his lips.

Disgraceful.

OK some clarity and facts to said player.
Was sent packing from the Shoe and made CBFC his new home.( SORRY OMMG we never pursued said player after this)
Was reported and missed games due to kicking a player while playing for CBFC.
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

by afc9798 » Tue May 27, 2014 9:50 am

shoe boy wrote:
White Line Fever wrote:So has anything been said about the young no.33 for Christies, the same kid who kicked 120 & 88 goals in u16/u18, who coward punched a Marion player 120m off the ball few weeks ago and copped just 4 weeks?

Disgraceful.

Was sent packing from the Shoe and made CBFC his new home.( SORRY OMMG we never pursued said player after this)

Well obviously the boy has talent, sadly seen far too many who can't control their brainfades on the field and never make it anywhere as a result.
Hopefully someone can get in his head and sort it out, don't want to see good talent go to waste.
afc9798
Reserves

Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 47 times
Grassroots Team: Happy Valley

by King » Tue May 27, 2014 9:55 am

As a point of interest how long was the suspension on the kicking charge?
King
Under 16s

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 14 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

by Look Good In Leather » Tue May 27, 2014 10:19 am

There has been enough character assassination of a junior here. To clear it up:

* He has not been reported for kicking at any time he has been at CB.
* He was reported in the U/16s a couple of years ago for striking and was given 2 games (missed out on finals).
* Noarlunga refused his clearance and held him up until they were trying to get a player from us, they cleared him in order to secure the other player. If that is sending him packing there was no indication at any point that they were happy for him to leave.
* He has been given a penalty for a stupid act.
* The player he was on was an A-Grade defender, you need an element of asshole about you in order to play that type of position at that level. That does not condone the lads actions, or even suggests that what happened was reason to react, but to try to paint it as a brain-fade where he has just randomly hit a player is just misleading.
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

by shoe boy » Tue May 27, 2014 10:23 am

Look Good In Leather wrote:There has been enough character assassination of a junior here. To clear it up:

* He was reported in the U/16s a couple of years ago for striking and was given 2 games (missed out on finals).
* Noarlunga refused his clearance and held him up until they were trying to get a player from us, they cleared him in order to secure the other player. If that is sending him packing there was no indication at any point that they were happy for him to leave.
* The player he was on was an A-Grade defender, you need an element of asshole about you in order to play that type of position at that level. That does not condone the lads actions, or even suggests that what happened was reason to react, but to try to paint it as a brain-fade where he has just randomly hit a player is just misleading.

I like you LGIL but this post is misleading.

Sent packing was sent packing with no hold up at all. (you may have the wrong lad)
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

by MatteeG » Tue May 27, 2014 10:33 am

On a totally different note-

Club legend Wade Stone will be playing his 400th Senior game for the FHFC this Saturday in the B Grade against Hackham.
If you have been in some way involved at Flaggies or have been fortunate enough to meet the bloke get out there and pay respect to a great club man!
Looking forward to a big crowd.
Cheers,

MatteeG
helicopterking wrote:Flaggies will choke. Always have.
MatteeG
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 511 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

by Look Good In Leather » Tue May 27, 2014 10:42 am

MatteeG wrote:On a totally different note-

Club legend Wade Stone will be playing his 400th Senior game for the FHFC this Saturday in the B Grade against Hackham.
If you have been in some way involved at Flaggies or have been fortunate enough to meet the bloke get out there and pay respect to a great club man!
Cheers,

MatteeG

Wade has been a great servant to your club - congrats
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

by afc9798 » Tue May 27, 2014 10:57 am

MatteeG wrote:On a totally different note-

Cheers,

MatteeG

400 games is an outstanding contribution. Congrats to Wade and the FHFC, a great milestone.
afc9798
Reserves

by Oldman Munga » Tue May 27, 2014 1:00 pm

shoe boy wrote:

Disgraceful.

Its I who should be apologising Shoeboy obviously had my info ass about , 3 good uppercuts have been given to self
Oldman Munga
Rookie

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

by leftpeg » Tue May 27, 2014 3:36 pm

shoe boy wrote:
Look Good In Leather wrote:There has been enough character assassination of a junior here. To clear it up:

I like you LGIL but this post is misleading.

Sent packing was sent packing with no hold up at all. (you may have the wrong lad)

I think you blokes are letting your club allegiances get in the way of the real issue here. The fact is most clubs still have a few idiots who go to far on the footy field. The issue is how the SFL deals with theses types of king hits/coward punches.

A similar incident happened a couple of weeks ago in the C Grade between Cove and Flaggies, where a first year senior player from Cove king hit an opponent from behind, leaving him concussed, the ump saw the incident and gave the lad a red card. This player was also given a 4 match ban, which in my opinion is a seriously soft punishment for such a serious offence.

The SFL is very quick to boast about how serious they take violence in football and the work they do with organisations like the Sammy D foundation, but then surely greater action must be taken when 18-20 year olds are delivering such king hits on the footy field. If they do it once and get a slap on the wrist it's much more likely that they'll do it again.
leftpeg

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 5 times

by fiftympenalty » Wed May 28, 2014 4:22 pm

BIg win in the inaugural U21s association match.
Basically a non event.
IMO a fantastic opportunity for the young of the league to train together/build good feelings amongst the next generation of stars in the league, however it was like an AFL club playing the blind school in the end
Can see why the team was put together tho. and as I say, although the match was a real non-event, this type of team etc needs to be encouraged as it will most likely keep the young players more loyal to the league etc instead of chasing cash / or feeling as if they would've made the open age Association team had there not been so many recruits in the league/squad (Who don't even give a rats arse about rep footy)

thoughts? and can anyone name some impressive performances from the large win over KI? obviously not easy to gauge talent as the opposition was nothing
I thought young Nik Mot of the Noarlunga fc was pretty handy and also thought Thomas Allen of pnfc was solid in defence not conceding even a single possession
cheers
fiftympenalty
Rookie

Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 7 times
Grassroots Team: Willunga

by afc9798 » Thu May 29, 2014 11:56 am

fiftympenalty wrote:BIg win in the inaugural U21s association match.
Basically a non event.
IMO a fantastic opportunity for the young of the league to train together/build good feelings amongst the next generation of stars in the league, however it was like an AFL club playing the blind school in the end
Can see why the team was put together tho. and as I say, although the match was a real non-event, this type of team etc needs to be encouraged as it will most likely keep the young players more loyal to the league etc instead of chasing cash / or feeling as if they would've made the open age Association team had there not been so many recruits in the league/squad (Who don't even give a rats arse about rep footy)

thoughts? and can anyone name some impressive performances from the large win over KI? obviously not easy to gauge talent as the opposition was nothing
I thought young Nik Mot of the Noarlunga fc was pretty handy and also thought Thomas Allen of pnfc was solid in defence not conceding even a single possession
cheers

Didn't see the game, but here's the goalkickers and best players:

Southern Football League Under 21 2014
Goal Kickers: D. Lee 5, D. Nobes 5, T. Pearce 4, L. Sutton 3, S. Heatley 3, B. Carter 2, L. Caruso , A. Coakley
Best Players: D. Lee, A. Coakley, T. Pearce, D. Nobes, N. Mott
afc9798
Reserves

by afc9798 » Fri May 30, 2014 12:30 pm

Tips for this week:

Aldinga vs Reynella - Reynella by whatever
Cove vs Christies - Saints by 15
Edwardstown vs Noarlunga - Noarlunga by 35
Flagstaff Hill vs Hackham - Falcons by 80
Happy Valley vs Brighton - Vikings by 24
Morphett Vale vs Marion - Emus by 120
OSB Lonbsdale vs Port Noarlunga - Cockledivers by 180
afc9798
Reserves

by Panther32 » Fri May 30, 2014 1:13 pm

So what's the deal behind denying Goldings clearance out of Noarlunga into Blackwood Shoe Boy?
The only time i've ever been wrong...was when I thought I was wrong!!!
Panther32
League - Best 21

Has liked: 104 times
Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Reynella

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  SFL