Southern Football League

A forum dedicated to the Southern Football League!

Re: Southern Football League

Postby Keyser Soze » Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:55 pm

vics01 wrote:No problem when a a jaw is broken behind play... This particular incident was not behind play. He when he played on and played again last week... Accept the umpires decision which was a send off and move on.. Not cry like a baby who lost it's rattle a fortnight after the game. Bruising is part of football Sometimes you get what you give..

Sorry but if said player decided to strike another player which resulted in him being sent off then expect to get reported and be suspended too often this is let off, why are we waiting for a broken jaw to decide if he should be suspended?
Keyser Soze
Rookie

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 10 times

Postby vics01 » Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:27 pm

Did not get reported on the day.. for striking umpire sent him off yellow card for rough conduct.. Point is The SOOK player alleges he was struck and lodged a club report. What a sad state of affairs.. The days of hear nothing see nothing look after each other is apparently gone.

Hope he does not live in a glass house..I reckon if TOWNS stay in the League he won't be able to spit next time with being nailed and having a Tuesday appointment. Seriously to cry at Tribunal is a bit over the top a fortnight later.
vics01
Reserves

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 58 times
Grassroots Team: Cove

Postby Look Good In Leather » Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:54 pm

vics01 wrote:Did not get reported on the day.. for striking umpire sent him off yellow card for rough conduct.. Point is The SOOK player alleges he was struck and lodged a club report. What a sad state of affairs.. The days of hear nothing see nothing look after each other is apparently gone.

Hope he does not live in a glass house..I reckon if TOWNS stay in the League he won't be able to spit next time with being nailed and having a Tuesday appointment. Seriously to cry at Tribunal is a bit over the top a fortnight later.

Why the surprise, this has been going on for a few years now. Somebody gets a bit of a love tap and there are people running around on the sidelines going berserk about laying reports and the rest. Club reports are there for when there has been a serious offence that has been missed by the umpires, not to get false "justice".

Serious offence does not equal some hack's bruised ego.

If there has been a serious injury as a result, go for your life, but the petty ones where no one is hurt, there shouldn't be a club report, deal with it properly. It has always been much better to settle the score on the field legally (and most times much more effective).

As for the king-hits and the like, report them every time - no place for it.
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby Esteban Vihaio » Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:48 am

vics01 wrote:Did not get reported on the day.. for striking umpire sent him off yellow card for rough conduct.. Point is The SOOK player alleges he was struck and lodged a club report. What a sad state of affairs.. The days of hear nothing see nothing look after each other is apparently gone.

Perhaps you can give your player a card to the MV boxing club. He won't get in trouble for striking people as long as it is above the belt and it is face on.
Where's Bill? Yeah... Hmm... Bill is on the Villa Quatro, on the road to Salina. I will draw you a map.
Esteban Vihaio
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 36 times

Postby afc9798 » Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:18 pm

OK. So looks like a pretty good round of footy this week with potential for some close contests and conditions expected to be pretty poor.

Edwardstown vs Christies- Saints by 18
Flagstaff vs Pt Noarlunga - Cockledivers by 23
Hackham vs Cove - Hackham by 3 points
Happy Valley vs Reynella- Biased tip, but Vikings by 11
Morphett Vale vs Morphy Park- Emus by 21
Noarlunga vs Brighton - Shoes by 40
Lonsdale vs Aldinga - Lions by 10
afc9798
Reserves

Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 47 times
Grassroots Team: Happy Valley

Postby Dutchy » Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:33 pm

Geez this could be the most even round of A grade footy for years in the SFL
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2324 times
Been liked: 3504 times

Postby Look Good In Leather » Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:00 pm

afc9798 wrote:OK. So looks like a pretty good round of footy this week with potential for some close contests and conditions expected to be pretty poor.

Edwardstown vs Christies- Saints by 18
Flagstaff vs Pt Noarlunga - Cockledivers by 23
Hackham vs Cove - Hackham by 3 points
Happy Valley vs Reynella- Biased tip, but Vikings by 11
Morphett Vale vs Morphy Park- Emus by 21
Noarlunga vs Brighton - Shoes by 40
Lonsdale vs Aldinga - Lions by 10

Some big turnarounds predicted there from Round 8
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Postby MatteeG » Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:30 pm

Time I did some tips again- Cmon falcons!

Edwardstown vs Christies- Saints by 28- Saints surging for a top 8 spot.
Flagstaff vs Pt Noarlunga - Flaggies by 3 points- Hopefully the mojo is back.
Hackham vs Cove - Cove by 20 points- Hackham been in good touch of late, but the Cove runners may enjoy the expanses of Doctors road.
Happy Valley vs Reynella- Reynella by 30- just too good.
Morphett Vale vs Morphy Park- Emus by 44- If the Emus play like they did against Flaggies they will bolt in in the Morphy derby
Noarlunga vs Brighton - Shoes by 20- Bombers in good nick but shoes on the rebound here.
Lonsdale vs Aldinga - Lions by 1. No Crawf no sharks
helicopterking wrote:Flaggies will choke. Always have.
MatteeG
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 511 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Postby Look Good In Leather » Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:17 pm

Well done to anyone who picked today's results correctly.
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Postby MatteeG » Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:42 pm

Look Good In Leather wrote:Well done to anyone who picked today's results correctly.

3 from 7 but got the important one right. Mighty last quarter you falcons!
helicopterking wrote:Flaggies will choke. Always have.
MatteeG
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 511 times

Postby King » Sun Aug 03, 2014 3:59 pm

Yes Flaggies stormed home yesterday with an 8 goal final term to achieve a very good victory after Porties looked a far better side and more dangerous with the ball for the first three quarters. Appreciate that Porties had a number of regular B Graders playing up. Therefore I pose the question for general comment / opinion; "Are B graders any less fitter than their A grade colleagues, bearing in mind that a B grade match only goes for 80 minutes and actual playing time is closer to say 65 - 68 minutes ?"
King
Under 16s

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 14 times

Postby Yank Man » Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:03 pm

Sorry to intrude guys, but Towns over Christies, surely that's an upset. So many rumours down this side of town about Edwardstown and their future. Any of you guys know the truth, I'm not one for rumour. Cheers.
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 317 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby Goodfriend220358 » Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:14 pm

Maybe I'm out of step but I'm new to this forum.. I read the boot this week and in it was a page of tripe by papa surf. This page in all likely broke most of the SFL policies in one foul swoop? I'm thinking that references to having sex with camels not enough sex dumb blondes etc etc is not the right thing for a footy budget what do you think?
Goodfriend220358
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Hackham

Postby Mister Footy » Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:49 pm

Bloody great game at Viking Park yesterday - must admit scoreline surprised me a bit and probably flattered us. I know Reynella had a few out as did Valleys but it was a mighty game played in good spirits. Bring on finals - going to be interesting to see what the top 4 and final 8 look like in 3 weeks time.
Mister Footy
Under 18s

Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 28 times

Postby Look Good In Leather » Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:41 pm

Goodfriend220358 wrote:Maybe I'm out of step but I'm new to this forum.. I read the boot this week and in it was a page of tripe by papa surf. This page in all likely broke most of the SFL policies in one foul swoop? I'm thinking that references to having sex with camels not enough sex dumb blondes etc etc is not the right thing for a footy budget what do you think?

It is pretty ordinary and has been complained about a number of times by multiple people.
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Postby shoe boy » Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:31 am

DTH not one official or player came in the club for a drink after the game ?

Also what happened to the big fella not coming back after half time?

Maybe Brighton where more concerned about the Shoes issues with Reynella oval than the actual opponent ;)
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

Postby HardenUp » Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:03 am

Yank Man wrote:Sorry to intrude guys, but Towns over Christies, surely that's an upset. So many rumours down this side of town about Edwardstown and their future. Any of you guys know the truth, I'm not one for rumour. Cheers.

SFL Board will decide Towns fate, I would assume based on junior requirements as they won't be moving to SFL. Hopefully the board will do the club a favour and decline registration for SFL in 2015.
HardenUp

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby Look Good In Leather » Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:13 am

HardenUp wrote:
Yank Man wrote:Sorry to intrude guys, but Towns over Christies, surely that's an upset. So many rumours down this side of town about Edwardstown and their future. Any of you guys know the truth, I'm not one for rumour. Cheers.

SFL Board will decide Towns fate, I would assume based on junior requirements as they won't be moving to SFL. Hopefully the board will do the club a favour and decline registration for SFL in 2015.

Not sure how they would do that, they are not the only club that does not meet our junior requirements.
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Postby afc9798 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:22 am

Mister Footy wrote:Bloody great game at Viking Park yesterday - must admit scoreline surprised me a bit and probably flattered us. I know Reynella had a few out as did Valleys but it was a mighty game played in good spirits. Bring on finals - going to be interesting to see what the top 4 and final 8 look like in 3 weeks time.

Was a bloody entertaining game to watch and was good to see our boys find another gear after half time.
Also well done to Flaggies for beating a Porties outfit that has been flying. Still a bit of ladder shuffling to come!!

Will be interesting to see if these two results were a flash in the pan, or indicative of things to come.
afc9798
Reserves

Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 47 times

Postby Dutchy » Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:34 pm

Few issues with part of the HV club wanting the club song changed I hear?
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2324 times
Been liked: 3504 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  SFL