Southern Football League

A forum dedicated to the Southern Football League!

Re: Southern Football League

Postby jet-airport » Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:10 pm

beer tent wrote:Emu's have broke tradition and spent big coin on a power forward :shock:

On this topic has anyone got an updated list or link to clearances, the SFL site hasn't been updated since the 5th of Feb...... :evil:
jet-airport
Rookie

Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 15 times
Grassroots Team: Reynella

Postby Panther32 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:35 pm

qwerty wrote:Dale Ellis? hear he had been shopping himself around to a few clubs.

I thought he was heading back to Torrens Valley???
The only time i've ever been wrong...was when I thought I was wrong!!!
Panther32
League - Best 21

Has liked: 104 times
Been liked: 13 times

Postby afc9798 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:32 am

jet-airport wrote:
beer tent wrote:Emu's have broke tradition and spent big coin on a power forward :shock:

On this topic has anyone got an updated list or link to clearances, the SFL site hasn't been updated since the 5th of Feb...... :evil:

The maroons must have read your post. It was updated last night.
afc9798
Reserves

Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 47 times
Grassroots Team: Happy Valley

Postby spot on » Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:56 pm

SJP wrote:
spot on wrote:
Look Good In Leather wrote:Anyone know who is going to coach Hackham?

I was under the impression that Marty Clifton was still coach, that is why everybody is leaving.

He quit then other night, maybe the assistant coach will take the spot. He's done so much for the club

I see Marty Clifton has joined the coaching panel at Ironbank in the Hills
spot on
Under 18s

Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 9 times
Grassroots Team: Casterton

Postby jet-airport » Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:51 pm

afc9798 wrote:
jet-airport wrote:

The maroons must have read your post. It was updated last night.

I must have more pull than I thought :shock:
jet-airport
Rookie

Postby Keyser Soze » Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:08 pm

Probably not as much activity on the clearances as previous years, at this stage anyway.

Disappointing hear Clifton not coaching Hackham from an outsider looking on, in 3 years he did a fantastic job taking them from a basket case to missing the finals by a game last season, will be interesting to see which direction they head now?

Some big losses to the league will be felt by those clubs effected. Spencley, McNamara, Vessali, Minns and McKenzie to name a few.
Keyser Soze
Rookie

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 10 times

Postby Snaparazzi » Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:38 pm

McEntee denied twice? Contractual?
Snaparazzi
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 3 times

Postby Front & Centre » Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:38 am

Vikings 2015 looks like it will be very different to Vikings 2014 - few big losses however one who had left has already returned and some new recruits look pretty good. Couple of these former HV juniors so good to see them come home. Coach is also gaining alot of respect for his professionalism
One former player has been poached over to the bushpigs but reckon it wont be hard to put him off his game. Cant wait for round 1
Front & Centre
Rookie

Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 12 times

Postby shoe boy » Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:23 pm

Keyser Soze wrote:Probably not as much activity on the clearances as previous years, at this stage anyway.

Disappointing hear Clifton not coaching Hackham from an outsider looking on, in 3 years he did a fantastic job taking them from a basket case to missing the finals by a game last season, will be interesting to see which direction they head now?

Some big losses to the league will be felt by those clubs effected. Spencley, McNamara, Vessali, Minns and McKenzie to name a few.

Good luck Marty .
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

Postby jet-airport » Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:36 pm

Front & Centre wrote:Vikings 2015 looks like it will be very different to Vikings 2014 - few big losses however one who had left has already returned and some new recruits look pretty good. Couple of these former HV juniors so good to see them come home. Coach is also gaining alot of respect for his professionalism
One former player has been poached over to the bushpigs but reckon it wont be hard to put him off his game. Cant wait for round 1

Thought the former player, if its who I think it is was easily your best forward last year and probably in the best 3 small fwds in the comp...
Will be a cracker game to be at round one/ two at the pig pen!!
jet-airport
Rookie

Postby Look Good In Leather » Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:02 pm

Front & Centre wrote:Vikings 2015 looks like it will be very different to Vikings 2014 - few big losses however one who had left has already returned and some new recruits look pretty good. Couple of these former HV juniors so good to see them come home. Coach is also gaining alot of respect for his professionalism

Sounds intriguing
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby King » Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:41 pm

Certainly not poached. At Flaggies by his own volition.
King
Under 16s

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 14 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Postby Mister Footy » Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:01 am

Yeah right King! $$$ had nothing to do with it?

Agreed he is a handy small forward but he has a temper - gets more red & yellow cards than rest of Valleys side put together over last few years. :shock:
Mister Footy
Under 18s

Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 28 times

Postby jet-airport » Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:35 am

Mister Footy wrote:Yeah right King! $$$ had nothing to do with it?

Agreed he is a handy small forward but he has a temper - gets more red & yellow cards than rest of Valleys side put together over last few years. :shock:

Think there were at least 4 clubs chasing him is my mail, 3 in other leagues and not the falcons but another "bird of prey" from SFL. I have heard as King that he wanted out of the Vikings, not sure why?? Pity as he would of slotted in nicely at the Wineys at MCEntee' s feet!! :D

MF are you suggesting ya lock down back pocket Capt needs to do some extra boxing sessions for round 2?? :D
My moneys on MR in that one!! :)
jet-airport
Rookie

Postby Mister Footy » Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:11 am

jet-airport wrote:

Think there were at least 4 clubs chasing him is my mail, 3 in other leagues and not the falcons but another "bird of prey" from SFL. I have heard as King that he wanted out of the Vikings, not sure why??

Chasing $$$$$$$$$$ ????

MF are you suggesting ya lock down back pocket Capt needs to do some extra boxing sessions for round 2?? :D

Dunno what you are talking about mate :D As if a former club would give a player any extra attention :shock: Its not like the lads know what sets him off :lol:

Nah good luck to the kid. Reckon he wasnt a fan of last coach and Flaggies coach probably coached him when he was a Valleys junior.
Mister Footy
Under 18s

Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 28 times

Postby King » Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:19 pm

You're joking!!! If we had any dollars we certainly wouldn't be chasing a small forward!!!
King
Under 16s

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 14 times

Postby WHATS UP » Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:28 pm

Mister Footy wrote:
jet-airport wrote:

Think there were at least 4 clubs chasing him is my mail, 3 in other leagues and not the falcons but another "bird of prey" from SFL. I have heard as King that he wanted out of the Vikings, not sure why??

Chasing $$$$$$$$$$ ????

Dunno what you are talking about mate :D As if a former club would give a player any extra attention :shock: Its not like the lads know what sets him off :lol:

Nah good luck to the kid. Reckon he wasnt a fan of last coach and Flaggies coach probably coached him when he was a Valleys junior.

Had his best year of football last year under previous coach and knows he has a good relationship with him. So I don't think that is the problem, maybe start looking at some of the people in charge before assuming things.
WHATS UP
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Look Good In Leather » Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:18 am

King wrote:

...and some good coin. Seems Flaggies are spending quite a bit this year.
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Postby Dazza44 » Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:30 am

Look Good In Leather wrote:
King wrote:

... and your basis for spreading this unsubstantiated rumour is ??????????
Dazza44
Rookie

Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 9 times

Postby Look Good In Leather » Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:30 am

Dazza44 wrote:
Look Good In Leather wrote:
King wrote:

... and your basis for spreading this unsubstantiated rumour is ??????????

This site runs on unsubstantiated rumour, without it there would be nothing to talk about. :)

What I understand is that Flaggies have built up a bit of a war chest and are trying to bring in the players (including ex-players) this year so that they are already at the club when the caps come in next year. Smart move I would suggest, invest now while there is a kind of open market and already have the players in their system when everyone is priced the same next year.
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  SFL