Southern Football League

A forum dedicated to the Southern Football League!

Re: Southern Football League

Postby cracka » Thu May 21, 2015 6:43 pm

Do any clubs have kids playing for both the Saturday & Sunday sides or is it strictly one or the other.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 458 times
Been liked: 560 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby Dutchy » Thu May 21, 2015 9:15 pm

cracka wrote:Do any clubs have kids playing for both the Saturday & Sunday sides or is it strictly one or the other.

Some play both if numbers are down on Sunday, but there are rules about final qualifications I believe.

Why not 13/15/17's on Saturday then?
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3484 times

Postby Broken Down Hack » Thu May 21, 2015 10:20 pm

shoe boy wrote:
Reader wrote:I know what is disrespectful crap, towns turning up to Morphett vale last week with only 2 teams for the whole day.

Yep 2 weeks ago same at the Shoe?
And a home game 2 games only wtf

Yeah Shoe boy i remember the days when the Roos had junior sides back in the late 80's and we travel to Noarlunga and only play A's & B's .....
Broken Down Hack
Rookie

Has liked: 49 times
Been liked: 15 times

Postby shoe boy » Fri May 22, 2015 9:11 am

Yeah Shoe boy i remember the days when the Roos had junior sides back in the late 80's and we travel to Noarlunga and only play A's & B's .....[/quote]

So you entered in 1987 , where have they gone??
PS was the car invented then :YMHUG:

ALSO IN 87 Dillon Golder won our Jnr Colts as in them days you only had senior and junior colts
88 we had D Hilder snr colts BF and D Hanna Jnr colts BUT WHAT WOULD I KNOW.
Last edited by shoe boy on Fri May 22, 2015 2:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

Postby Mister Footy » Fri May 22, 2015 10:38 am

Reckon we all agree need to focus on getting Saturday footy fixed as first priority but to do that I reckon there needs to be new bodies in maroon coats. :shock:

Still no coaching announcement at HV :shock: :shock: :shock:
Mister Footy
Under 18s

Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 28 times
Grassroots Team: Happy Valley

Postby Front & Centre » Fri May 22, 2015 6:33 pm

Mister Footy wrote:Reckon we all agree need to focus on getting Saturday footy fixed as first priority but to do that I reckon there needs to be new bodies in maroon coats. :shock:

Still no coaching announcement at HV :shock: :shock: :shock:

I hear there was a high profile candidate that pulled out at last minute and it is now down to 2
IMO SFL should move to 15s, 17s, B, A grade on a Saturday. Any club that can't fill those 4 grades shouldn't be in the competition or in a different division. There could be an optional 13s for those clubs that can fill it played as first game on a Saturday. This could be a 15 a side to allow most clubs to attempt to field a team. Not ideal but a step towards the end goal.
Front & Centre
Rookie

Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 12 times

Postby Front & Centre » Sun May 24, 2015 1:31 am

Steve Wallace announced as HV new coach
Front & Centre
Rookie

Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 12 times

Postby matt35 » Sun May 24, 2015 6:31 pm

Was down south for a while today and listened to the broadcast of Reynella v Morphett Vale! Two unbeaten teams yet what an absolute flogging Reynella handed out! Not sure what the final score was but at 3 quarter time Reynella lead by 121 points.
No Surrender!
matt35
Under 18s

Has liked: 513 times
Been liked: 51 times
Grassroots Team: Boston

Postby tigerpie » Sun May 24, 2015 6:34 pm

Reynella 29-13 to 5-4 ish emus. Equally top side gets thumped by 20+ goals.
Loved every second of it!
3 things I learnt.
Very well umpired for the most part.
The new mcentee is a pretty handy in.
Feels pretty good flogging the emus at home.
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 498 times
Been liked: 429 times

Postby Dutchy » Sun May 24, 2015 10:03 pm

Reynella looking like the team to beat in all 5 grades
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3484 times

Postby spot on » Mon May 25, 2015 12:20 am

Dutchy wrote:Reynella looking like the team to beat in all 5 grades

Emus won the B Grade today, I think they are undefeated at the moment.
spot on
Under 18s

Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 9 times
Grassroots Team: Casterton

Postby Tiger Couple » Mon May 25, 2015 12:56 am

Went down and had a look at the Reynella v Morphett Vale rivalry for the first time. The game lead to a lack of atmosphere but it was great to see the number of people at the game.

Reynella were white hot all day and the service the midfield gave the forwards all day was impeccable. Around the ground Reynella ran harder tackled harder and just applied so much pressure to Morphett Vale they were under the pump all day. Reynella was just too big all over the ground.

Can't say too much for Morphett Vale on that performance except it was a day to forget and I am sure they will not be that uncomeptative in a game for a long time.

B Grade was a pretty good standard with both side struggling to hit a forward target. Would have been good to see the teams decide the game rather than a piss poor 50 metre penalty. As it was Morphett Vale kicked another goal so would possibly have won the game anyway.
Tiger Couple
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 5 times

Postby Zelezny Chucks » Mon May 25, 2015 9:20 am

Not sure the 50 decided the game, Emus were forced to play with 17 for 10 minutes of the last quarter due to a sending off that seemed to be plucked out of nowhere. So I think it went both ways.
Zelezny Chucks
League - Best 21

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 66 times
Grassroots Team: Morphett Vale

Postby jet-airport » Mon May 25, 2015 10:30 am

Tiger Couple wrote:Went down and had a look at the Reynella v Morphett Vale rivalry for the first time. The game lead to a lack of atmosphere but it was great to see the number of people at the game.

Reynella were white hot all day and the service the midfield gave the forwards all day was impeccable. Around the ground Reynella ran harder tackled harder and just applied so much pressure to Morphett Vale they were under the pump all day. Reynella was just too big all over the ground.

Can't say too much for Morphett Vale on that performance except it was a day to forget and I am sure they will not be that uncomeptative in a game for a long time.

B Grade was a pretty good standard with both side struggling to hit a forward target. Would have been good to see the teams decide the game rather than a piss poor 50 metre penalty. As it was Morphett Vale kicked another goal so would possibly have won the game anyway.

Surely M/vale could of put loose numbers or a plus 1 behind the ball at some stage to stop the bleeding :shock: :shock:
Sides that try to play man on man footy against the Wineys just get blown away on a dry deck....
jet-airport
Rookie

Has liked: 34 times
Grassroots Team: Reynella

Postby shoe boy » Mon May 25, 2015 10:38 am

]

Surely M/vale could of put loose numbers or a plus 1 behind the ball at some stage to stop the bleeding :shock: :shock:
Sides that try to play man on man footy against the Wineys just get blown away on a dry deck....[/quote]

Unless you play them in September :D
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

Postby jet-airport » Mon May 25, 2015 10:47 am

spot on wrote:
Dutchy wrote:Reynella looking like the team to beat in all 5 grades

Emus won the B Grade today, I think they are undefeated at the moment.

Reverse psychology there Dutchy?? you blokes are sitting top of 2 of the grades too...
jet-airport
Rookie

Has liked: 34 times
Grassroots Team: Reynella

Postby Down the Hill » Mon May 25, 2015 10:54 am

shoe boy wrote:]

Sides that try to play man on man footy against the Wineys just get blown away on a dry deck....

Unless you play them in September :D[/quote]

You make a good "points" Shoe Boy ;)

Footy was the winner at the Shoe on Saturday. 5 good games of footy with 4 decided by 3 goals or less. Noarlunga would have been very happy with their 5 game home day. An undermanned Bombers A grade took it to the reigning Premiers but came up short. It's been a while since we've kicked 15 goals in a loss and without our suspended full forward. Mott in for the Shoes and no Rivers (who would have probably stood Mott) for the Bombers was a big factor in the final result.
Down the Hill
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 275 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby Oldman Munga » Mon May 25, 2015 11:06 am

Down the Hill wrote:
shoe boy wrote:]

Unless you play them in September :D

You make a good "points" Shoe Boy ;)

Footy was the winner at the Shoe on Saturday. 5 good games of footy with 4 decided by 3 goals or less. Noarlunga would have been very happy with their 5 game home day. An undermanned Bombers A grade took it to the reigning Premiers but came up short. It's been a while since we've kicked 15 goals in a loss and without our suspended full forward. Mott in for the Shoes and no Rivers (who would have probably stood Mott) for the Bombers was a big factor in the final result.[/quote]

Didn't see you there DTH ??
Oldman Munga
Rookie

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Down the Hill » Mon May 25, 2015 11:33 am

Correct OMM. Bit of a juggling act the last couple of seasons with my lads school footy and Bombers games especially when the Bombers are away. A pity because the Shoe is my favourite away ground, plus I like you guys. :)
Down the Hill
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 275 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby Look Good In Leather » Mon May 25, 2015 12:07 pm

Down the Hill wrote:Correct OMM. Bit of a juggling act the last couple of seasons with my lads school footy and Bombers games especially when the Bombers are away. A pity because the Shoe is my favourite away ground, plus I like you guys. :)

Were you watching the Brighton Sunday juniors?
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  SFL