Southern Football League

A forum dedicated to the Southern Football League!

Re: Southern Football League

Postby HairyGiant » Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:07 pm

A lot of people going over old ground, covered so many times so though I would do a quick write up on my thoughts/what I have heard for the upcoming year.
Flagstaff Hill Could go one of 2 ways after last years finals choke, should make the GF
Reynella Flag favourites with a few players and brown paper bags moving around
Brighton Surprise grand finalists, good honest team who will perform well in finals because of fitness and big ovals
Noarlunga Always land a few big fish around this time of year, Finals spot will determine who they get
M Ville Park A few years of finals footy, I have them slipping down the ladder
Christies, one of the best performed teams of last year, with all teams making the Prelim (iirc) recycling an old coach who didn't have much success seems strange, and there are a few locals unhappy, Club would be expecting atleast a prelim with recruits that have come in.
Morphett Vale, recruited well, have a coach that should be able to get the most out of the team, although not to many at Mclaren were to disappointed to see him leave
Happy Valley For a club with so many numbers and juniors, last year would be probably the most disappointing of all teams! Too many chiefs and not enough Indians off field
Port Noarlunga Would expect with them missing the finals last year and the easier draw (pattern of the last few years) for them to improve, but im not hearing any good things with a lot of the older players staying around and taking the $$$ without the passion
Cove New Coach will be interesting, haven't got a lot of ins yet, Similar to last year
Marion Havent heard much, so would expect the same
Hackham Still suffering from the Clifton regime, haven't heard to many promising reports
OSB Lonsdale Have a few handy clearances in, but also lost their best 2 players from last year
Aldinga As always a few clearances in, need the recruits to stick around for a few years to try and turn it around, Finally seem to have juniors filtering through which is the key for them
HairyGiant
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: McLaren

Postby Look Good In Leather » Mon Apr 04, 2016 4:01 pm

HairyGiant wrote:Christies ... with all teams making the Prelim (iirc)

Semi-Finals
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby Old man river » Mon Apr 04, 2016 4:05 pm

Can see morphetvale making a statement this year and finishing top 4 also what is the go with aldinga didn't win a game last year and from what I hear they have 6 players from the best side not playing with only gaining 2 player witch one was converted from rugby surly they have to start opening their pockets or there gona be in big trouble this year??
Old man river
Mini-League

Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Balaklava

Postby Old man river » Mon Apr 04, 2016 4:06 pm

Tips this week?
Old man river
Mini-League

Grassroots Team: Balaklava

Postby Animus » Mon Apr 04, 2016 5:21 pm

I'll start things off for you Old man river....

Sharks and Lions DRAW at Dingy
Saints just over Cockles at Bice
Flies just over Bushpigs and the Pig Pen
Emus by plenty over Hawks at Hackham
Vikings over Rams at Marion
Twisties to beat Cobras at the Pasty
Shoes to beat Bombers at the Shoe
Animus
Under 16s

Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 20 times

Postby RFC 2010 » Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:19 pm

HairyGiant wrote:A lot of people going over old ground, covered so many times so though I would do a quick write up on my thoughts/what I have heard for the upcoming year.
Flagstaff Hill Could go one of 2 ways after last years finals choke, should make the GF
Brighton Surprise grand finalists, good honest team who will perform well in finals because of fitness and big ovals
Noarlunga Always land a few big fish around this time of year, Finals spot will determine who they get
Christies, one of the best performed teams of last year, with all teams making the Prelim (iirc) recycling an old coach who didn't have much success seems strange, and there are a few locals unhappy, Club would be expecting atleast a prelim with recruits that have come in.
Morphett Vale, recruited well, have a coach that should be able to get the most out of the team, although not to many at Mclaren were to disappointed to see him leave
Happy Valley For a club with so many numbers and juniors, last year would be probably the most disappointing of all teams! Too many chiefs and not enough Indians off field
Port Noarlunga Would expect with them missing the finals last year and the easier draw (pattern of the last few years) for them to improve, but im not hearing any good things with a lot of the older players staying around and taking the $$$ without the passion
Cove New Coach will be interesting, haven't got a lot of ins yet, Similar to last year
Hackham Still suffering from the Clifton regime, haven't heard to many promising reports
OSB Lonsdale Have a few handy clearances in, but also lost their best 2 players from last year
Aldinga As always a few clearances in, need the recruits to stick around for a few years to try and turn it around, Finally seem to have juniors filtering through which is the key for them

Not sure how you would know what's happening at Oval Rd but there are no brown paper bags. A successful playing environment and good people wins out over $$$ every time.

Time to crawl back in your hole
RFC 2010
Rookie

Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Reynella

Postby Oldman Munga » Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:31 am

Thank God the footy is back ,Good Luck to everyone in 2016
Oldman Munga
Rookie

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby jet-airport » Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:05 am

Animus wrote:I'll start things off for you Old man river....

Lions close game, maybe the SFL radio van will be there live :lol: :lol:
Saints by plenty.
Flies by 4-6 goal.
Emus by 12 goal +.
Vikings just, and I mean just.
Cove by 6-8 goal.
Bombers to just get the shoes at the Shoe.
jet-airport
Rookie

Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 15 times

Postby Luke15 » Tue Apr 05, 2016 3:02 pm

jet-airport wrote:

Saints by plenty.
Flies by 4-6 goal.
Emus by 12 goal +.
Cove by 6-8 goal.

Great point Jet Airport. Surely the Commentary Van goes to Shoes Vs Brighton or even Flaggies Vs Reynella.
Luke15
Rookie

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 18 times

Postby Look Good In Leather » Tue Apr 05, 2016 6:23 pm

jet-airport wrote:

Radio Van at Bice Oval for CB v PN
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby vics01 » Tue Apr 05, 2016 6:36 pm

LGIL

GEE that will be a hoot..

One wonders why the SFL would not open the season with a cracking game??
vics01
Reserves

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 58 times
Grassroots Team: Cove

Postby Dutchy » Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:13 pm

Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2324 times
Been liked: 3500 times

Postby strike me pink » Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:52 am

Dutchy wrote:http://www.foxsportspulse.com/assoc_page.cgi?client=1-6133-0-0-0&sID=332402&&news_task=DETAIL&articleID=42508339

C grade program out

That's interesting first I've heard of Emus having a C Grade this year...
strike me pink
Mini-League

Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Morphett Vale

Postby jet-airport » Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:53 am

Luke15 wrote:
jet-airport wrote:

Saints by plenty.
Flies by 4-6 goal.
Emus by 12 goal +.
Cove by 6-8 goal.

Great point Jet Airport. Surely the Commentary Van goes to Shoes Vs Brighton or even Flaggies Vs Reynella.

Christies vs Porties by below :shock:
You have the top 4 FROM 2015 playing one another and the powers that be don't see it fit to pick one of these games to cover??
Don't know what their drinking and smoking in that van!! :partyman: :weedman:
jet-airport
Rookie

Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 15 times

Postby godra » Wed Apr 06, 2016 1:05 pm

HairyGiant wrote:A lot of people going over old ground, covered so many times so though I would do a quick write up on my thoughts/what I have heard for the upcoming year.

Good summary HG.

My gut feeling is Flaggies in the GF with Brighton again. Hopefully Flaggies new recruits can just push them over the line after being close last year. Reynella to still be around the mark, but can they maintain the desire?

Good luck to all teams, looking forward to seeing how the season pans out.
godra

Has liked: 10 times

Postby Go for it » Wed Apr 06, 2016 1:35 pm

Round 1 winners
Christies Beach
Reynella
OSB
Happy Valley
Morphett Vale
Morphettville Park
Brighton

End of year ladder
Reynella
Morphett Vale
Flagstaff Hill
Brighton
Noarlunga
Christies Beach
Pt Noarlunga
Morphettville Park
Happy Valley
Cove
OSB
Marion
Aldinga
Hackham

Grand Final Reynella v Flagstaff Hill
Go for it

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: Morphettville Park

Postby oneuponedown » Wed Apr 06, 2016 2:44 pm

Round One - cant wait!!
Looking forward to getting back to footy on a sat arvo.

Flies
Lions
Christies
Shoe
M/Vale
Cove
Valley

Hearing some late whispers....

A 22 year old lad is trying to move "down the hill" and his previous club is being pig headed about letting him go, may miss playing first few weeks is the word, due to old club arrogantly not engaging in any talks with new club. Maybe if his dad was an executive on the committee of old club he would be released like their own boys were? #doublestandards

IS young Henry back for the Shoes in 2016?

Greenbank not playing all year for Flies - 8-10 games is the word, bit of travel mid year? Taking any team mates with him?
oneuponedown
Rookie

Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 8 times
Grassroots Team: Meningie

Postby Tiger83 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 4:08 pm

oneuponedown wrote:Round One - cant wait!!

A 22 year old lad is trying to move "down the hill" and his previous club is being pig headed about letting him go, may miss playing first few weeks is the word, due to old club arrogantly not engaging in any talks with new club. Maybe if his dad was an executive on the committee of old club he would be released like their own boys were

I assume you are talking about Ben Tate who has a pending clearance to BDOS?? The old club doesn't have to have any dialogue with the new club, but to my understanding they can't hold up a clearance for any longer than 14 days unless the player is unfinancial or owes the former club money
?
Tiger83
Under 18s

Has liked: 48 times

Postby oneuponedown » Wed Apr 06, 2016 4:34 pm

Tiger83 wrote:

A 22 year old lad is trying to move "down the hill" and his previous club is being pig headed about letting him go, may miss playing first few weeks is the word, due to old club arrogantly not engaging in any talks with new club. Maybe if his dad was an executive on the committee of old club he would be released like their own boys were

I assume you are talking about Ben Tate who has a pending clearance to BDOS?? The old club doesn't have to have any dialogue with the new club, but to my understanding they can't hold up a clearance for any longer than 14 days unless the player is unfinancial or owes the former club money
?

Don't believe he owes monies is my understanding, 2 attempts at being cleared have been rejected , one as recently as 29/3/16 last week.
oneuponedown
Rookie

Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 8 times
Grassroots Team: Meningie

Postby Tiger83 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 4:39 pm

oneuponedown wrote:
Tiger83 wrote:

?

Don't believe he owes monies is my understanding, 2 attempts at being cleared have been rejected , one as recently as 29/3/16 last week.

Yep, I wouldn't believe he owed money either, so it's a mere formality then. Can't reject a clearance a third time for any other reason. Would love to know why he is heading down the hill tho...
Tiger83
Under 18s

Has liked: 48 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  SFL