Southern Football League

A forum dedicated to the Southern Football League!

Re: Southern Football League

Postby vics01 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:05 pm

Yep, I wouldn't believe he owed money either, so it's a mere formality then. Can't reject a clearance a third time for any other reason. Would love to know why he is heading down the hill tho...

3 year rule??

Come on DTH you should be in the know??
vics01
Reserves

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 58 times
Grassroots Team: Cove

Postby Look Good In Leather » Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:01 am

vics01 wrote:
Yep, I wouldn't believe he owed money either, so it's a mere formality then. Can't reject a clearance a third time for any other reason. Would love to know why he is heading down the hill tho...

3 year rule??

Come on DTH you should be in the know??

As a 22 year old? That's a long 3 years
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby hollywood7477 » Thu Apr 07, 2016 2:06 pm

Tiger83 wrote:
oneuponedown wrote:
Tiger83 wrote:
oneuponedown wrote:Round One - cant wait!!
Looking forward to getting back to footy on a sat arvo.

Hearing some late whispers....

A 22 year old lad is trying to move "down the hill" and his previous club is being pig headed about letting him go, may miss playing first few weeks is the word, due to old club arrogantly not engaging in any talks with new club. Maybe if his dad was an executive on the committee of old club he would be released like their own boys were

I assume you are talking about Ben Tate who has a pending clearance to BDOS?? The old club doesn't have to have any dialogue with the new club, but to my understanding they can't hold up a clearance for any longer than 14 days unless the player is unfinancial or owes the former club money
?

Don't believe he owes monies is my understanding, 2 attempts at being cleared have been rejected , one as recently as 29/3/16 last week.

Tatey was with Glenelg up until last year and a few lads are there that could be a reason.
hollywood7477
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 72 times

Postby oldman » Thu Apr 07, 2016 2:27 pm

trying to find a market so I can back the lions to beat the sharks this weekend. Lions +60 what odds?
oldman
Under 16s

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 62 times
Grassroots Team: Morphett Vale

Postby Dutchy » Thu Apr 07, 2016 3:36 pm

strike me pink wrote:
Dutchy wrote:http://www.foxsportspulse.com/assoc_page.cgi?client=1-6133-0-0-0&sID=332402&&news_task=DETAIL&articleID=42508339

C grade program out

That's interesting first I've heard of Emus having a C Grade this year...

Is that why is has been scrapped and they are starting again?
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2326 times
Been liked: 3506 times

Postby spot on » Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:00 pm

I see on the SFL website in the selected teams for Hackham v Emus that Hackham have only named 14 players, what is going on there ? are they that short of players already?
spot on
Under 18s

Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 9 times
Grassroots Team: Casterton

Postby vics01 » Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:13 pm

Given they are still training I would hazard a guess you will have to wait an hour or so
vics01
Reserves

Postby vics01 » Thu Apr 07, 2016 9:10 pm

SPOT ON

I see D Draper named in the A grade side.. maybe Emu's are not travelling as well as predicted??
vics01
Reserves

Postby spot on » Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:45 pm

vics01 wrote:Given they are still training I would hazard a guess you will have to wait an hour or so

I thought they were up a bit early, see they have been changed since.
spot on
Under 18s

Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 9 times
Grassroots Team: Casterton

Postby strike me pink » Fri Apr 08, 2016 9:56 am

vics01 wrote:SPOT ON

I see D Draper named in the A grade side.. maybe Emu's are not travelling as well as predicted??

He has done fairly well from what I have seen - dont you rate him Vics
strike me pink
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time

Postby strike me pink » Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:03 am

Big game at Flaggies tomorrow to start the Season, Reynella the State Pre Season Champs seem to be flying along again and the talk out of Flaggies is that they are real happy with their list this year - should be interesting.
strike me pink
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time

Postby Dutchy » Fri Apr 08, 2016 11:39 am

strike me pink wrote:Big game at Flaggies tomorrow to start the Season, Reynella the State Pre Season Champs seem to be flying along again and the talk out of Flaggies is that they are real happy with their list this year - should be interesting.

Should be 5 cracking games, looking forward to it.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby oneuponedown » Fri Apr 08, 2016 12:22 pm

spot on wrote:I see on the SFL website in the selected teams for Hackham v Emus that Hackham have only named 14 players, what is going on there ? are they that short of players already?

Valleys only 17 in B grade named :shock:
Morphie Park No one named for A & B 's ??
Lions and Sharks 18 and 20 named in B grade?

Lets hope its due to un-registered players and not a reflection of numbers.
oneuponedown
Rookie

Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 8 times
Grassroots Team: Meningie

Postby vics01 » Fri Apr 08, 2016 12:36 pm

Valleys only 17 in B grade named :shock:
Morphie Park No one named for A & B 's ??
Lions and Sharks 18 and 20 named in B grade?

Lets hope its due to un-registered players and not a reflection of numbers.

It is even worse when you have a look at the junior numbers. A few with only 13 and 14 players named. Not good at this time of the year or for the future of the League.

But hey apparently bigger is better as the President believes.
vics01
Reserves

Postby Old_mate21 » Fri Apr 08, 2016 12:50 pm

I would prefer to see what the numbers were like after the first round than before. everyone is jumping to conclusions with no facts ATM.
Old_mate21
Rookie

Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 39 times

Postby Dutchy » Fri Apr 08, 2016 12:56 pm

On a positive there are 9 teams in the Sunday u14 comp, good to see some depth in the Sunday comp without Brighton, Marion and MVP.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby Look Good In Leather » Fri Apr 08, 2016 3:42 pm

Dutchy wrote:On a positive there are 9 teams in the Sunday u14 comp, good to see some depth in the Sunday comp without Brighton, Marion and MVP.

Yeah but no Sunday U/16 competition, swings and roundabouts...
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby vics01 » Fri Apr 08, 2016 4:12 pm

Yeah but no Sunday U/16 competition, swings and roundabouts...

Problem with Junior numbers on a Saturday and for that matter Sunday now the SANFL juniors are up and running is not going to get any better.. The SFL need to grow a pair and get serious.. School football is taking numbers from the SFL Saturday competition. Players will move to Sunday SANFL..

SFL either gets serious about tackling the school problem or will need to move all Juniors to Sunday before Saturday dies a slow death and juniors are lost to to league. Very sad but the writing is on the wall.

Senior sides down on numbers for round 1, likely to be worse come middle of July when no hope of September action and pissing rain. Again the powers to be need grow another pair and take control. To many clubs not enough players to go around..

Only two good games for Round 1 Falcons v Flies and Shoes v Bombers..

FIXTURING

One has to wonder why Hawks host Emus round 1 and Marion host Valleys? Surely Hawks and Rams finishing 12th and 13th last year should have got a shot at getting off to a winning start.. While Emus v Valleys 7th and 9th last years would have been a better promotion for round 1.

Only for the fact M/Park seem have lost s few players the Hawks in reality did not look like being in a competitive game until round 5.. Maybe it is the the League's way of slowly getting rid of the Hawks? Hoping by playing 3 of the top 5 in the first four weeks from last year they would be belted into submission early and fold. Be the first year for some time the bottom four have not played each other early at least to get some momentum up at the commencement.

Unfortunately for the clowns the Hawks appear to have good numbers and hope springs eternal.
vics01
Reserves

Postby Down the Hill » Fri Apr 08, 2016 4:30 pm

I would assume that most "skinny" looking team sheets is a result of some players not being registered online which is a burden of a system only in its second year for SFL clubs. I'm sure some of the team sheet gaps are being filled today so the alarmists should hold off until post-match to see what numbers each team takes the field with.
Down the Hill
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 276 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby wonder_kid » Sat Apr 09, 2016 10:41 am

FIXTURING

One has to wonder why Hawks host Emus round 1 and Marion host Valleys? Surely Hawks and Rams finishing 12th and 13th last year should have got a shot at getting off to a winning start.. While Emus v Valleys 7th and 9th last years would have been a better promotion for round 1.

Only for the fact M/Park seem have lost s few players the Hawks in reality did not look like being in a competitive game until round 5.. Maybe it is the the League's way of slowly getting rid of the Hawks? Hoping by playing 3 of the top 5 in the first four weeks from last year they would be belted into submission early and fold. Be the first year for some time the bottom four have not played each other early at least to get some momentum up at the commencement.

Unfortunately for the clowns the Hawks appear to have good numbers and hope springs eternal.

the sfl has always been run to benefit the bigger clubs why would it change now!
wonder_kid
Under 18s

Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 46 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  SFL