Southern Football League

A forum dedicated to the Southern Football League!

Re: Southern Football League

Postby grumpyoldman » Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:12 pm

I heard he is the new coach
grumpyoldman
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Happy Valley

Postby Mister Footy » Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:50 pm

grumpyoldman wrote:I heard he is the new coach

Is that an Early Christmas present? Bl**dy good get if it's true :D :D :D
Mister Footy
Under 18s

Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 28 times

Postby Go in hard » Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:28 pm

With the new exec committee members, maybe there will be some due diligence done this time rather than give it to the most qualified friend. HV has always been revered by all who entered the gate to play our great game, but the last few years have been lean due to quality walking out that gate for one reason or another. We have some loyal and great juniors that have come through the HV system. I believe our future is in these young men and we should not be dictated to by past or present factions that push their own agenda. If appointing a senior coach that is clean and able to develop our wealth of juniors and bring back some originals means the broom needs to come out of the closet and clean out nepotism and bar fly stalwarts, to return our club back to its glory days then so be it.
Go in hard
Mini-League

Been liked: 1 time

Postby Front & Centre » Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:27 pm

Go in hard wrote:With the new exec committee members, maybe there will be some due diligence done this time rather than give it to the most qualified friend. HV has always been revered by all who entered the gate to play our great game, but the last few years have been lean due to quality walking out that gate for one reason or another. We have some loyal and great juniors that have come through the HV system. I believe our future is in these young men and we should not be dictated to by past or present factions that push their own agenda. If appointing a senior coach that is clean and able to develop our wealth of juniors and bring back some originals means the broom needs to come out of the closet and clean out nepotism and bar fly stalwarts, to return our club back to its glory days then so be it.

Admire your passion GIH but current executive committee members are some of the reasons why we have seen juniors and seniors leave the club. If you want to clean out nepotism then understand challenging coach on why a son of an executive dropped from A grade is not appropriate.
Bringing a broom out of the closet to clean out bar fly stalwarts is an interesting concept. Respecting our supporter base, if not the financial investment they make over the bar, is recommended. Some of these were around in the club glory days and can be excused for voicing their disappointment with the current state of the club.
The executive would do well to attempt to be more inclusive rather than divisive and then they might get more support. This is particularly important in the lead up to the AGM where questions may be asked.
Front & Centre
Rookie

Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 12 times

Postby Down the Hill » Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:11 pm

News to hand that 3 clubs (no names or current leagues mentioned) have applied to join the AdFL in 2018. 2 have been offered places in the Division 7 Competition with the 3rd denied entry for 2018 but offered conditions they must satisfy for The League to consider them in season 2019.

So is it Marion and OSB/Lonsdale and could the 3rd being made to wait be Hackham again. Of course they may not all be SFL clubs but couldn't imagine it being any other club from outside the SFL.
Down the Hill
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 275 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby Go in hard » Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:28 pm

Thanks FC, I respect and appreciate your opinion. I am aware there are a couple of conflicts of interest with in the committee (This has been an issue for many years) and if the senior coach is challenged by them on the selection teams decision then this behaviour needs to be addressed and their reasoning why they put themselves forward to be part of this committee needs to be investigated.
I think the point I was trying to make was with all due respect, lets not keep making the same mistakes with our coaching staff and allow the same peanuts to have the majority of the input into the next coaching appointment. We have had some good coaches with in our great club leave to have success at rival clubs due to differences on and off the field. I heard one has applied to return to the fold and I think solid consideration needs to be given to his application and not dismissed due to personal differences.
Bring on the AGM.
Go in hard
Mini-League

Been liked: 1 time

Postby reppoh_eht » Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:31 pm

Down the Hill wrote:News to hand that 3 clubs (no names or current leagues mentioned) have applied to join the AdFL in 2018. 2 have been offered places in the Division 7 Competition with the 3rd denied entry for 2018 but offered conditions they must satisfy for The League to consider them in season 2019.

So is it Marion and OSB/Lonsdale and could the 3rd being made to wait be Hackham again. Of course they may not all be SFL clubs but couldn't imagine it being any other club from outside the SFL.

Sounds about right. Ideally the SFL will be a 10 team comp, but reducing for 9 with all teams at least competitive is a good start. Next step is to get all 9 Club's represented in every grade and then hopefully finding a 10th team to even out the fixture down the track.

Everyone's thoughts on this weekends games? Shoes v Flaggy in both A's and B's should be a cracker!
reppoh_eht
Under 16s

Has liked: 131 times
Been liked: 54 times

Southern Football League

Postby neverwas neverwillbe » Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:45 pm

reppoh_eht wrote:
Down the Hill wrote:News to hand that 3 clubs (no names or current leagues mentioned) have applied to join the AdFL in 2018. 2 have been offered places in the Division 7 Competition with the 3rd denied entry for 2018 but offered conditions they must satisfy for The League to consider them in season 2019.

I think each club should have a side in each grade before allowing a club to field a second.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dingo took my baby.
neverwas neverwillbe
Rookie

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 4 times

Postby shoe boy » Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:52 am

Mister Footy wrote:
grumpyoldman wrote:I heard he is the new coach

Is that an Early Christmas present? Bl**dy good get if it's true :D :D :D

Has David coached M/Vale before and if so how long ?
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

Postby petoe » Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:43 pm

Well at least one side used their "home ground advantage" this weekend ........
petoe
Under 16s

Been liked: 5 times

Postby oxa » Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:31 pm

Porties did use it well. MV had there chances early in the second but the home ground advantage didn't stop MV supporters physically pushing Porties players at 3/4 time resulting in police being called.
oxa

Been liked: 0 time

Postby shoe boy » Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:45 am

oxa wrote:Porties did use it well. MV had there chances early in the second but the home ground advantage didn't stop MV supporters physically pushing Porties players at 3/4 time resulting in police being called.

:shock:
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

Postby Front & Centre » Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:19 pm

Anyone care to confirm if their club is not looking for a new coach next year? Numbers seem to be growing
Names of candidates being mentioned include Mitch Portlock, Justin Calderbank, Trent Mills, Marty Clifton, Ben Porter, Matt Golding with Mr Crate being asked to take the helm at CB. Care to confirm LGIL?
Front & Centre
Rookie

Postby jake the snake » Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:18 pm

Rumour around town is port Noarlunga played a kid from south on the weekend who wasn't eligible
jake the snake
Under 16s

Postby Look Good In Leather » Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:36 pm

Front & Centre wrote:Anyone care to confirm if their club is not looking for a new coach next year? Numbers seem to be growing
Names of candidates being mentioned include Mitch Portlock, Justin Calderbank, Trent Mills, Marty Clifton, Ben Porter, Matt Golding with Mr Crate being asked to take the helm at CB. Care to confirm LGIL?
Christies Beach is advertising and looking for a senior coach

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby reppoh_eht » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:30 pm

jake the snake wrote:Rumour around town is port Noarlunga played a kid from south on the weekend who wasn't eligible

Pretty easy to find who you are talking about. Appears to have played 4 minor round games (1 A's, 3 B's), but one of those B Grade games he also played for SAFC Reserves. Interesting to hear what comes of this. :shock:
reppoh_eht
Under 16s

Has liked: 131 times
Been liked: 54 times

Postby vics01 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:49 pm

looks like morphett vale will be training tomorrow night
vics01
Reserves

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 58 times
Grassroots Team: Cove

Postby spot on » Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:34 pm

vics01 wrote:looks like morphett vale will be training tomorrow night

Hope they didn't have their mad Monday today then.
spot on
Under 18s

Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 9 times
Grassroots Team: Casterton

Postby ball breaker » Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:35 pm

vics01 wrote:looks like morphett vale will be training tomorrow night
U being sarcastic or know more?? [emoji16][emoji16]
ball breaker
Under 16s

Been liked: 5 times

Postby King » Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:37 pm

Front & Centre wrote:Anyone care to confirm if their club is not looking for a new coach next year? Numbers seem to be growing

Don't know Mitty's plans for next year ........ bit premature with a GF on Saturday week, but if he needs an enticement to stay, l'll marry his daughter!!!!
King
Under 16s

Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  SFL