Great Southern Cricket Association 2009-10

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Great Southern Cricket Association 2009-10

Postby smac » Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:33 am

Fire away.
smac
Coach

Has liked: 165 times
Been liked: 233 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Re: Great Southern Cricket Association 2009-10

Postby Z-mac » Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:26 pm

Should be once again a tough competition! is norlunga really going to be apart of the gsca?
Z-mac
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby Jimmy Recard » Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:51 am

Z-mac wrote:Should be once again a tough competition! is norlunga really going to be apart of the gsca?

i dont think so bit i believe it is to be voted on in a up coming association meeting... is this right rocky? i personally wouldnt mind having noarlunga in, if its going to strengthen the association. I do believe it could be back to A1, A2... system? any1 else share any light on the situation!
The greats weren't great because at birth they could paint,
The greats were great because they paint a lot.
Jimmy Recard
Under 16s

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: Willunga

Postby Richard Chee Quee » Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:33 pm

Jimmy Recard wrote:
Z-mac wrote:Should be once again a tough competition! is norlunga really going to be apart of the gsca?

i dont think so bit i believe it is to be voted on in a up coming association meeting... is this right rocky? i personally wouldnt mind having noarlunga in, if its going to strengthen the association. I do believe it could be back to A1, A2... system? any1 else share any light on the situation!

Jimmy i think whether they will get in or not will depend on their motives. i personally dont agree with it was the [politics down here are not like what they are up there. what he have now with the 8 team a grade is good.
Richard Chee Quee
Under 16s

Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Wingfield Royals

Postby WestIndiesWonder24 » Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:20 pm

I think it would be great for competition and I dont think they would dominate as there are still some very good teams and players in the GSCA, makes 9 teams and a bye, which would be interesting.>>
WestIndiesWonder24
League - Top 5

Grassroots Team: United Aboriginal

Postby Offcutter » Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:57 pm

Good to see the usual suspects back on the forum...

Don't know about 9 teams.. it's pretty good at the moment - 8 teams, 14 rounds, play everyone twice during the year.

Did you have a hit the other day WIW24?
Offcutter
Rookie

Postby WestIndiesWonder24 » Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:33 pm

WIW had a big night on the gas at the footy club recoopertating from another big loss the nioght before, forgot to get up, would have had to stand on the bat to walk, much like i bat anyway
WestIndiesWonder24
League - Top 5

Postby Jimmy Recard » Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:10 pm

i do think 8 teams is the fairest, as you play everyone twice, but noarlunga could come in and rapid bay could go down to A2 or b grade whichever it is. The last few years it has been the same story with rapid bay, they start strong b4 xmas then after xmas they fall away, almost gifting the sides who play them in 2 dayers after xmas outright wins!
Jimmy Recard
Under 16s

Postby ROCKYB » Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:18 pm

Rapid bay are already in B grade this year,and Port Elliot up to A grade to make up the 8,this system works well no need for change.
Norlunga are not coming this year and i dont think they will be in the GSCA for a while if ever.

BRING ON SEASON 2009\10 goodluck to all.
Be the ball and just tapp it in.....
ROCKYB
Under 16s

Postby Jimmy Recard » Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:39 pm

ROCKYB wrote:Rapid bay are already in B grade this year,and Port Elliot up to A grade to make up the 8,this system works well no need for change.
Norlunga are not coming this year and i dont think they will be in the GSCA for a while if ever.

what can we expect from pt elliot this year? ive hardly played against them personally, how will they go in a grade? what are there strengths/weaknesses?
Jimmy Recard
Under 16s

Postby Hot Pies » Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:29 am

Jimmy Recard wrote:
ROCKYB wrote:Rapid bay are already in B grade this year,and Port Elliot up to A grade to make up the 8,this system works well no need for change.

what can we expect from pt elliot this year? ive hardly played against them personally, how will they go in a grade? what are there strengths/weaknesses?

port elliot will be a suprise next year they have heaps of talent flowing through the club with Gav smith knocking up over 900 last year , theres tim clarke who is also a recognised batsmen and with young tear away hamish robertson the club is bound to improve on last years efforts in bs
Hot Pies

Postby Offcutter » Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:43 pm

WestIndiesWonder24 wrote:WIW had a big night on the gas at the footy club recoopertating from another big loss the nioght before, forgot to get up, would have had to stand on the bat to walk, much like i bat anyway

Judging by the scores in the Mail, it looks as though WIW did the same thing Friday night as well... some big scores kicked that day!

If WIW played in the backlines, would have been admitted to Flinders with leather poisoning. Or was he just taking it easy in the forward pocket?
Offcutter
Rookie

Postby WestIndiesWonder24 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:42 pm

BLOODS wrote:port elliot will be a suprise next year they have heaps of talent flowing through the club with Gav smith knocking up over 900 last year , theres tim clarke who is also a recognised batsmen and with young tear away hamish robertson the club is bound to improve on last years efforts in bs

LOL gavin smith, one shot through the point region wont get it easy this year in A grade which is totally different from B Grade Cricket...T. Clarke is probably the club's best batter, H Robinson is utter garbage and im looking forward to a few of his Pies to fill me up on a saturday afternoon accompanied with a touch of sauce
WestIndiesWonder24
League - Top 5

Postby ROCKYB » Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:47 pm

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH Thats all i have to say on that very funny
Be the ball and just tapp it in.....
ROCKYB
Under 16s

Postby WestIndiesWonder24 » Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:37 am

LOL, B Grade Cricket is definately a standard change from A grade cricket...Maybe Bloods should be ready with a chestguard this season, as his definition of Quick may change a cog or two 8) :lol:
WestIndiesWonder24
League - Top 5

Postby Offcutter » Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:05 pm

I think Pt Elliott may need to recruit some players from other clubs to supplement the talents of Smith and Co.,..

Perhaps now with Elliott in the A's, the unbridled force of John Lobb may come in handy.
Are there any other young guys in the team Bloods?

Or will we see the halcion days of Smith, Kappler, Overall, Barnes, Hack and Scudds etc make the grade.
Surley the Pt Elliott recruiting manager would be straight on the phone to past player Bodie Wilson.. his effervescent batting, solid bowling and cat-like abilities in the field make him a real target..
Offcutter
Rookie

Postby Jimmy Recard » Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:24 pm

BLOODS wrote:
Jimmy Recard wrote:

port elliot will be a suprise next year they have heaps of talent flowing through the club with Gav smith knocking up over 900 last year , theres tim clarke who is also a recognised batsmen and with young tear away hamish robertson the club is bound to improve on last years efforts in bs

hahahaha!!! come to think of it i actually did see this bloke bowl last year in one game, "tear away quick" is laughable! i think i bowl faster! he has got to be one of the worst bowling actions in cricket... and if he is taking the new ball for pt elliot i think it will be a long season for the bloods!
Last edited by Jimmy Recard on Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jimmy Recard
Under 16s

Postby WestIndiesWonder24 » Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:28 pm

Agreed Jimmy Steak and Mushroom or Pizza, Maybe Chesse Pies?????? or Maybe 4 and Twenty???
WestIndiesWonder24
League - Top 5

Postby Jimmy Recard » Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:25 pm

WestIndiesWonder24 wrote:Agreed Jimmy Steak and Mushroom or Pizza, Maybe Chesse Pies?????? or Maybe 4 and Twenty???

salt and pepper squid is also handy!
Jimmy Recard
Under 16s

Postby MrTeach » Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:19 pm

Salt and peper squid Pies wow thats unusual, i guess only you Jimmy could have eaten those. lol

He Offcutter, i know you only play C grade but any news on how your A's are looking this year
MrTeach
Under 16s

Been liked: 1 time

Next

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps