BL&G Football League

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: BL&G Football League

by Jim05 » Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:10 pm

BPwizard wrote:Wow if Obst goes back to the lions could be interesting have heard he is close to life ban due to amount of games he has been suspended over the years. Could be interesting if other teams target him to react.

On another note former reserves coach and A & B grade player for South Gawler has moved to Trinty Old Scholars to take up position as B grade coach, could be interesting if any players from the gawler sides he knows makes the move Trinty for something different then the BLG.

Good luck Luke McCracken.

Unless they are not getting a B grade game at South I cant see anyone heading over to Trinity.
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

by BPwizard » Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:50 am

Jim05 u never know what can happen in footy but could be anyone from any of the gawler teams luke know a few people. I think time is coming with Trinty that it is another alternative then the BLG. And as trinty move up divisions it could be a choice for some players who wanna play somewhere different but don t have to travel far for training ect.
BPwizard
Rookie

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 1 time

by UNCLE SAM » Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:29 am

Very sad news for all football supporters with the sudden passing of Steven "Mono" Connelly. Only 50 and one of the fittest blokes I have ever had the privilge to have been involved with in my time in football.
Coached and played at Willaston, played at both Centrals and the Redlegs at SANFL and I think played a couple of state games over his career and was a great bloke when you got to know him.
RIP Mono.
UNCLE SAM
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: Tanunda

by Sky Pilot » Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:16 pm

The Patriach wrote:https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=227455944080925&set=a.141745152652005.30378.141743892652131&type=1&relevant_count=1

Great to see that the 2014 SANFL Country Footy champs will be in Kadina, a great central location for most zones - that and a great big new footy club facility. Although there is a bit of conjecture about the format, no-one will be complaining about the venue!

Would there ever be a chance that the BL&G could host this event...? Nuriootpa would go alright!

Port Lincoln will get the Zone champs before Nuriootpa IMO
People who bought this book also bought a stool and some rope. Unknown literary critic
Sky Pilot
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: BMW

by UNCLE SAM » Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:50 am

Heard in the clubhouse last night some major changes at Barossa,
Commane to Eudunda, one of the Stelzers to Port Lincoln, Christie to SAAFL team, Taylor back to Adelaide Uni., Coles to Southern Crows, Jock Cameron moved interstae for work, Sharpe retired for the 10th time and some of the young kids not happy with no A grade games last year moving to Birdwood.
How are Centrals affording to add Molyenue, Dunne and Thomas into their squad. Someone strike Lotto at Centrals and bankrolling the dollars they would need to come up with.
Any signings at Angaston yet Daisy?
UNCLE SAM
Under 16s

Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: Tanunda

by Ruben Carter » Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:53 pm

UNCLE SAM wrote:Heard in the clubhouse last night some major changes at Barossa,
Commane to Eudunda, one of the Stelzers to Port Lincoln, Christie to SAAFL team, Taylor back to Adelaide Uni., Coles to Southern Crows, Jock Cameron moved interstae for work, Sharpe retired for the 10th time and some of the young kids not happy with no A grade games last year moving to Birdwood.
How are Centrals affording to add Molyenue, Dunne and Thomas into their squad. Someone strike Lotto at Centrals and bankrolling the dollars they would need to come up with.

I think you'll find Commane is headed for Walkerville, Paul Stelzer may be retiring, Christie to Henley and Taylor is travelling O/S, the others may be right but I doubt any young lads will leave for Birdwood. With all those outs, they'd be sure to get opportunities in 2014. I expect that Sharpy will go again but Roger might not.
If you don’t like my words, don’t listen. If you don’t like my appearance, don’t look. If you don’t like my actions, turn your head; It’s as simple as that.
Ruben Carter
Reserves

Has liked: 121 times
Been liked: 75 times
Grassroots Team: Westminster OS

by Rabish Binney » Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:12 pm

UNCLE SAM wrote:Heard in the clubhouse last night some major changes at Barossa,

Not sure why some of the Ressie's would be upset about not getting an A Grade game - its not as if it was an easy side to break into? If they're any good, they'll get their chance in 2014 if the info on this forum is correct.
Rabish Binney
Rookie

by roodog » Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:36 pm

Any sides started pre-season yet?
"That which does not defeat you can only make you stronger"
roodog
Under 16s

Has liked: 75 times
Been liked: 6 times

by footys the winner » Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:45 pm

I know Willaston have. James moss running around aswell.
footys the winner
Under 18s

Has liked: 27 times
Been liked: 15 times

by beef » Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:31 am

Matthew westhoff to tanunda?? Is this correct or old news?
beef
League - Best 21

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 255 times

by stun72 » Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:09 pm

Can anyone on here provide me with a contact phone number for Kapunda Football Club - looking at organising a trial game. Thanks in anticipation.
stun72
Under 16s

Has liked: 116 times
Been liked: 2 times

by AKA » Sat Dec 28, 2013 8:37 pm

Red Rocket wrote:
Extractor wrote:
Kingy passed a fitness test on Thursday. When a bloke has 300 games on the board, passes a fitness test and says he is fit to play then you take his word for it...

If you saw Cam Reynolds play against Barossa in the 2nd Semi you would not have said he was out of his depth. I'm pretty sure most impartial observers would say that the benefit of Waylon Johncock in your side outweighs whatever we lost by having the kid in the side

How about we worry about having a crack at the 7 sides that finished below GC this year?

Why doesnt Central just play within its points allocation like most other clubs do?
Where have all your good colts gone?, been in the last 6 or 7 grannies at u17 level but how many have stayed on and are regular A graders. You guys had one bad season last year and instead of sucking it up and bringing on your juniors you went out with the cheque book and tried to buy a flag and you wonder why opposition clubs are laughing now :roll:
AKA
Under 16s

by roodog » Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:35 pm

Spies tell me that Kapunda are getting a few quality young locals back this season. Zero point (and probably zero dollar) A graders are like gold and should give Buckets more to work with in 2014
roodog
Under 16s

by jakovasaurus » Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:05 pm

Is Zanandrea returning to Kapunda?
jakovasaurus
Under 18s

Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 130 times

by roodog » Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:14 pm

jakovasaurus wrote:Is Zanandrea returning to Kapunda?

He wasn't one of those mentioned Jak
roodog
Under 16s

by Poultry in Motion » Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:18 pm

roodog wrote:Spies tell me that Kapunda are getting a few quality young locals back this season. Zero point (and probably zero dollar) A graders are like gold and should give Buckets more to work with in 2014

Are Kapunda losing one of its best back to his home club in the Northern Areas? Taylor)
Poultry in Motion
Rookie

by jumbo » Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:03 am

I'm hearing Barossa's Commane to Rostrevor OS not Walkerville
jumbo
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: Two Wells

by roodog » Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:31 am

Poultry in Motion wrote:
roodog wrote:Spies tell me that Kapunda are getting a few quality young locals back this season. Zero point (and probably zero dollar) A graders are like gold and should give Buckets more to work with in 2014

Are Kapunda losing one of its best back to his home club in the Northern Areas? Taylor)

I believe that's true Poultry. Has given the Bombers six years of great service and knocked back better offers elsewhere many times. Twice club captain and (I think) five times B&F at the club. Won the Association medal last season in one of the best country comps in the state. Twice State Country Football Championships rep. Brad Taylor is a class act and has certainly earned the right to head back to help out his foundation club.
roodog
Under 16s

by Rama_Army09 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:21 am

roodog wrote:
Poultry in Motion wrote:

I believe that's true Poultry. Has given the Bombers six years of great service and knocked back better offers elsewhere many times. Twice club captain and (I think) five times B&F at the club. Won the Association medal last season in one of the best country comps in the state. Twice State Country Football Championships rep. Brad Taylor is a class act and has certainly earned the right to head back to help out his foundation club.

Where's he from?
To Finish First, You First Need To Finish!!
Rama_Army09
Under 16s

by hotspur » Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:24 am

Taylor played for BMW in Northern areas so guessing he'll go back to Melrose to same team.
hotspur
Under 16s

Been liked: 7 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy