BL&G Football League

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: BL&G Football League

Postby Red Rocket » Sun May 11, 2014 10:36 pm

Did something spark this player into saying these things?
Pretty poor form by the player and hopefully South deal with him but surely there are better ways for the person to deal with it than jumping the fence.
Cant see why he couldnt wait until after the game and confront him rather than do it on the field.
Does seem a rather bizarre action by both parties, is there more to the story?
Red Rocket
Under 18s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 72 times
Grassroots Team: Kapunda

Postby Stewie Griffin » Mon May 12, 2014 10:17 am

Sounds like a pretty piss weak response Sunbowler...
The club should ban the supporter from home games at least, the league could make it ALL games I am sure...
It's not the sort of people you want around a club, terrible example to Juniors that would have been there.
Which club was the supporter from?
Could only think of 1 person maybe from Ango that would perform like that.
A club that would let that go unpunished lacks a spine and discipline.
Players cop it from the crowd every week, If a player gives a spray back it never gives a spectator the right to come on the field...
Making excuses like the player swore at his wife or the game is 'urbanised' is just weak,
it should be stamped right out, a severe punishment to discourage others from doing it would be the right way to handle it..
Stewie Griffin
Under 18s

Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Bordertown

Postby Extractor » Mon May 12, 2014 1:42 pm

sunbowler wrote:Yes agree, spectators on field a definitely not on and I've seen my share in another competition. However the South player who called his wife a 'f******g w****' basically to her face should not become some sort of hero out of this either. Unfortunately he probably will and its doubtful his club will deal with him at all. The whole thing wasn't a good look for football, but we can expect more of it unfortunately as the competition becomes more urbanised.

Because folks from the Barossa and Light regions are nothing but model citizens compared with those horrible dole bludgers from Gawler and the Northern Suburbs?

Not stereotyping by any chance?
Extractor
Under 16s

Been liked: 15 times
Grassroots Team: Gawler Central

Postby BoundaryRider84 » Sat May 17, 2014 5:00 pm

Good to hear the abuse from the drunken two mothers six fathers no teeth hillbillies on the hill at Ango
WE ARE GEELONG!
BoundaryRider84
League - Best 21

Has liked: 90 times
Been liked: 225 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Jim05 » Sat May 17, 2014 6:40 pm

South and Central still undefeated after a draw at the Dog Track
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3554 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Homer J » Sat May 17, 2014 7:54 pm

They might both be undefeated, but Gawler Central lost that game. 26 points up with 5 mins to go .

It amazes me what the spectators can get away with yelling in the Barossa league, having come from the Amateur league some of the dribble coming from the South Supporters at the far end in the second half directed at he umpires would have resulted in multiple 25 m penalties in the SAAFL. Embarrassing for the league and the club.
Homer J
Rookie

Been liked: 43 times

Postby Red Rocket » Sat May 17, 2014 8:00 pm

Kapunda towelled up by Nuri, serious lack of depth showing. Will be a long year.
A draw in the A grade between the two Gawler sides, sounds like a belter. Any late dramas at the death?
Red Rocket
Under 18s

Postby Jim05 » Sat May 17, 2014 8:12 pm

Red Rocket wrote:Kapunda towelled up by Nuri, serious lack of depth showing. Will be a long year.
A draw in the A grade between the two Gawler sides, sounds like a belter. Any late dramas at the death?

South down by 6 goals in the first quarter and gradually clawed it back to be within a kick at the last break. Tigers out to a 4 goal lead deep into the last, South hit back and had a shot from long range with under a minute to go that hit the post and tied it up.
Was also another scrambled kick forward in the last few seconds that was marked very deep in Souths forward line by a Tigers defender.
Both sides looked flat with the end result.
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3554 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby daysofourlives » Sat May 17, 2014 10:25 pm

BoundaryRider84 wrote:Good to hear the abuse from the drunken two mothers six fathers no teeth hillbillies on the hill at Ango

I guess Freeling lost every grade then
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2424 times
Been liked: 1660 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby skipper » Sun May 18, 2014 8:07 pm

BoundaryRider84 wrote:Good to hear the abuse from the drunken two mothers six fathers no teeth hillbillies on the hill at Ango

Yeah that would have just been Osama and his harem.
skipper
Under 16s

Been liked: 0 time

Postby Look Good In Leather » Sun May 18, 2014 10:54 pm

Homer J wrote:They might both be undefeated, but Gawler Central lost that game. 26 points up with 5 mins to go .

It amazes me what the spectators can get away with yelling in the Barossa league, having come from the Amateur league some of the dribble coming from the South Supporters at the far end in the second half directed at he umpires would have resulted in multiple 25 m penalties in the SAAFL. Embarrassing for the league and the club.

25m for comments from the crowd, surely you cannot be serious?
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby Red Rocket » Sun May 18, 2014 11:32 pm

Look Good In Leather wrote:
Homer J wrote:They might both be undefeated, but Gawler Central lost that game. 26 points up with 5 mins to go .

Yeah not sure if he is serious.
I know the South supporters can get a bit feral at home games but id suspect most clubs have supporters like that even ours.
Reckon every game ive ever attended at any level there has been someone having a crack at the umps, as long as it doesnt get personal or too nasty then all is fine.
From past experiences at Centrals id be very suprised if there wasnt some abuse thrown at the umps, the bunch of old fellas that sit in the same spot each week are well adept at giving all and sundry a spray.
Isnt there far greater issues at SAAFL level than dishing out 25m penalties for giving umps a serve?
Red Rocket
Under 18s

Postby Swamp Donkey » Mon May 19, 2014 1:17 pm

Jim05 wrote:
Red Rocket wrote:Kapunda towelled up by Nuri, serious lack of depth showing. Will be a long year.

South down by 6 goals in the first quarter and gradually clawed it back to be within a kick at the last break. Tigers out to a 4 goal lead deep into the last, South hit back and had a shot from long range with under a minute to go that hit the post and tied it up.
Was also another scrambled kick forward in the last few seconds that was marked very deep in Souths forward line by a Tigers defender.
Both sides looked flat with the end result.

I can't understand why......
Swamp Donkey
League - Top 5

Has liked: 112 times
Been liked: 129 times
Grassroots Team: Wunkar

Postby daysofourlives » Mon May 19, 2014 4:47 pm

Red Rocket wrote:

I know the South supporters can get a bit feral at home games but id suspect most clubs have supporters like that even ours.
Reckon every game ive ever attended at any level there has been someone having a crack at the umps, as long as it doesnt get personal or too nasty then all is fine.
From past experiences at Centrals id be very suprised if there wasnt some abuse thrown at the umps, the bunch of old fellas that sit in the same spot each week are well adept at giving all and sundry a spray.
Isnt there far greater issues at SAAFL level than dishing out 25m penalties for giving umps a serve?

He is serious RR, SAAFL does hand out 25m penalties for umpire abuse from crowd members. Would be worth while decking out a couple of your own supporters in opposition gear and getting them to abuse at the most appropriate times
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2424 times
Been liked: 1660 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby Look Good In Leather » Mon May 19, 2014 5:29 pm

daysofourlives wrote:
Red Rocket wrote:

He is serious RR, SAAFL does hand out 25m penalties for umpire abuse from crowd members. Would be worth while decking out a couple of your own supporters in opposition gear and getting them to abuse at the most appropriate times

I guess the saving grace is that it's only parklands footy, the handful of supporters would be quite easy to identify.
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Postby bennymacca » Mon May 19, 2014 6:13 pm

It's not the worst idea...

Would certainly shut them up
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Demon Juke » Mon May 19, 2014 9:00 pm

The rule is you can pay a free against the team bench or a club official for abuse, but your not meant to pay it against the crowd. In the past I have see a umpire's pay it against the the crowd which is incorrect, they can speak to the match day official and ask them to speak to people in the crowd who are abusing them with abuse, if it continues they can take it further.
Last edited by Demon Juke on Tue May 20, 2014 7:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Demon Juke
League - Best 21

Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 69 times

Postby Look Good In Leather » Tue May 20, 2014 12:00 am

Demon Juke wrote:

The rule is you can pay a free against the team bench or a club official for abuse, but your not meant to pay it against the crowd. In the past I have see a umpire's pay it against the the crowd which is incorrect, they can speak to the match day official and ask them to speak to people in the crowd who abusing them with abuse, if it continues they can take it further.

That makes more sense
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Postby Panther32 » Tue May 20, 2014 12:26 pm

Anyone know why Waylon Johncock went to Noarlunga in the SFL instead of going back to Gawler Central after he left the SANFL?
The only time i've ever been wrong...was when I thought I was wrong!!!
Panther32
League - Best 21

Has liked: 104 times
Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Reynella

Postby Skip Dimes » Tue May 20, 2014 12:35 pm

Panther32 wrote:Anyone know why Waylon Johncock went to Noarlunga in the SFL instead of going back to Gawler Central after he left the SANFL?

Assuming the points system may have had something to do with it, possibly used what would have been his 2 points on a replacement...
Skip Dimes
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 7 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy