BL&G Football League

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: BL&G Football League

Postby Robran » Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:49 am

Dogwatcher wrote:
Robran wrote:Wonder how josh Glenn's interview went last night at the dog track ..

Dog Track or Penfield CC?
Apparently, GC have no plans to recruit him.

I'm unsure they could even fit him inside their points.

Someone telling porky pies then
GO THE COCKS
The mighty cocks 2018 premiers
Robran
League - Best 21

Has liked: 209 times
Been liked: 189 times

Postby norm11 » Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:30 pm

Will Nuri be looking for a coach ??
Back to the creek it is.
norm11
League - Top 5

Has liked: 470 times
Been liked: 53 times

Postby daysofourlives » Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:33 pm

norm11 wrote:Will Nuri be looking for a coach ??

Fair chance, you interested Norm?
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2423 times
Been liked: 1660 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby Chuck Wepner » Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:00 pm

daysofourlives wrote:

If Norm got the job, it might be another Premiers to Wooden Spoon story twice within 3 years in the BL&G :lol:
I say no to drugs, but they don’t listen.
Chuck Wepner
Under 16s

Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 23 times
Grassroots Team: United Yeelanna

Postby UNCLE SAM » Sat Oct 31, 2015 7:00 pm

I see Mal Greenwood has the Willaston coaching job. Is he playing?
Great appointment I hear he has already signed a ruckman and several past players coming back to play after O'Connor finally was sent packing.
Donnybrooks to be a better team in 2016.
Have they signed young Josh Glenn?
UNCLE SAM
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: Tanunda

Postby UNCLE SAM » Sat Oct 31, 2015 7:02 pm

Any news on the BLG not accepting the salary cap regulations?
Have heard that the insurance issue for clubs and umpires may well have them backtracking on recent decision to not accept the stupid salary cap regulations.
UNCLE SAM
Under 16s

Postby oyster » Sat Oct 31, 2015 10:33 pm

UNCLE SAM wrote:Any news on the BLG not accepting the salary cap regulations?
Have heard that the insurance issue for clubs and umpires may well have them backtracking on recent decision to not accept the stupid salary cap regulations.

Have heard on the grapevine that the BLG will accept the rules from the SACFL, but "nobody will investigate 3rd party payments". That means nothing will change for player payments, except it gets paid by a different source "that being a third party".

Having 3rd party payments "not investigated" means nothing will change, except it wont go through the club books. Nothing was ever going to stop country clubs paying players, so it looks like nothing will change after all. The SAAFL will be filthy, as their threat of a "ban on players" going to the BLG means nothing, not that it ever did, and players will still get the same payments. Players will be able to leave and get far more than in the SAAFL. A big Win - Win for the Barossa clubs and players. Very, very well played by the BLG clubs and presidents if what I'm told is correct!!!
oyster
Rookie

Been liked: 20 times

Postby daysofourlives » Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:03 am

oyster wrote:

Have heard on the grapevine that the BLG will accept the rules from the SACFL, but "nobody will investigate 3rd party payments". That means nothing will change for player payments, except it gets paid by a different source "that being a third party".

Having 3rd party payments "not investigated" means nothing will change, except it wont go through the club books. Nothing was ever going to stop country clubs paying players, so it looks like nothing will change after all. The SAAFL will be filthy, as their threat of a "ban on players" going to the BLG means nothing, not that it ever did, and players will still get the same payments. Players will be able to leave and get far more than in the SAAFL. A big Win - Win for the Barossa clubs and players. Very, very well played by the BLG clubs and presidents if what I'm told is correct!!!

Yeah im hearing the same thing, insurance, sporting pulse and all the administration that goes with it is too hard for volunteers to handle without affiliation so they will accept the cap.
daysofourlives
Coach

Postby daysofourlives » Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:06 am

UNCLE SAM wrote:I see Mal Greenwood has the Willaston coaching job. Is he playing?
Great appointment I hear he has already signed a ruckman and several past players coming back to play after O'Connor finally was sent packing.

Didnt Greenwood have a massive go at Willaston FC on facebook after the last game last season? Named a few players as absolute dogs etc, im guessing they wont be at WFC this year, reckon Campbell was one of them
daysofourlives
Coach

Postby Robran » Sun Nov 01, 2015 9:22 am

daysofourlives wrote:
UNCLE SAM wrote:I see Mal Greenwood has the Willaston coaching job. Is he playing?

Didnt Greenwood have a massive go at Willaston FC on facebook after the last game last season? Named a few players as absolute dogs etc, im guessing they wont be at WFC this year, reckon Campbell was one of them

Haven't signed josh yet but made a very nice offer , he will have a meeting with centrals first. My daughter in law plays netty for for Willaston only just told me yestie that greenwood was a absolute flog last time they played Willaston abusing the crowd and players, which makes his appointment some what bizzare.
GO THE COCKS
Robran
League - Best 21

Postby mighty hounds » Sun Nov 01, 2015 9:27 am

Robran wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:

Haven't signed josh yet but made a very nice offer , he will have a meeting with centrals first. My daughter in law plays netty for for Willaston only just told me yestie that greenwood was a absolute flog last time they played Willaston abusing the crowd and players, which makes his appointment some what bizzare.

I've heard from a very good source that South Gawler made a better offer than Williston
mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby UNCLE SAM » Sun Nov 01, 2015 11:58 am

Does seem a bit odd about Greenwood coaching Willaston if he slagged them on Facebook and then got into them the last game he played against Willaston.
Maybe they thought better he is with us than against us.
Any news on new signing from any of the clubs.
Barossa would have used all there points on 3 players by the sound of things.
Any talk of Commane and Stelzer coming back?
Heard last night that Johncock and Childs back to Willaston and another on-baller if Glenn does not sign on.
Also heard that Centrals Districts did not even call Nuriootpa about Reeves coaching.
Poor form if that is true and another example how Centrals stuff up relationships with clubs in the BLG.
UNCLE SAM
Under 16s

Postby Jim05 » Sun Nov 01, 2015 12:47 pm

Correct, unfortunately the league had to tell the clowns what they wanted to hear. Fortunately nothing will change and clubs are already in the process of shifting payments to other parties.
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby norm11 » Sun Nov 01, 2015 2:03 pm

daysofourlives wrote:

Hahahaha. No not me.
Back to the creek it is.
norm11
League - Top 5

Has liked: 470 times
Been liked: 53 times

Postby Robran » Sun Nov 01, 2015 2:13 pm

mighty hounds wrote:
Robran wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:

I've heard from a very good source that South Gawler made a better offer than Williston

Well I have it on real good authority that no offer was made but will be in a couple of weeks time..
GO THE COCKS
Robran
League - Best 21

Postby Useless » Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:30 am

Greenwood very interesting appointment,
Didnt have a great stint coaching Freeling
didnt last long at bamera
couple years at Hamley - I think with Hamleys reputation he was there for one reason
Goes back to Tanunda for a season- got into more arguments than he had kicks
now onto Willaston. not the appointment I would have made but time will tell I guess.
Useless

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 8 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:22 am

Mal's signed on as a non-playing coach, as I understand it, which will really give him a good chance to be a pure coach and see how good he can be as a mentor and leader. Having that singular role will be a huge benefit to his focus, because it can't be easy being a playing/coach when so much is expected of you in both departments.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:43 am

Dogwatcher wrote:Mal's signed on as a non-playing coach, as I understand it, which will really give him a good chance to be a pure coach and see how good he can be as a mentor and leader. Having that singular role will be a huge benefit to his focus, because it can't be easy being a playing/coach when so much is expected of you in both departments.

He was still producing great footy when I seen him play last, I would've thought he'd have a few years left at playing, you have the rest of your life to coach.
Oh well, he knows himself best.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4346 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby test » Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:22 pm

Apparently the exodus at Kadina has seen 3 guns signing with Gawler Centrals
test
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 143 times
Been liked: 31 times
Grassroots Team: Wallaroo

Postby Officejet » Fri Nov 06, 2015 6:00 pm

test wrote:Apparently the exodus at Kadina has seen 3 guns signing with Gawler Centrals

Is this confirmed Test ?
We are the Red and Blacks
Officejet
Under 16s

Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 11 times
Grassroots Team: Kadina

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy