BL&G Football League

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: BL&G Football League

Postby cracka » Sun May 15, 2016 9:55 pm

oyster wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
heater31 wrote:
Jim05 wrote:Hope all clubs are cheating the system. The CFL can go and get ****!

I look forward to the day a Country or Amateur league club is declared bankrupt and that club's administrators lose their house, businesses and have criminal proceedings brought against them..........

Lol
As long as money isn't coming out of the club who cares if sponsors or supporters want to spend their hard earned on a club they love

Agreed Jim. Nothing to do with the CFL or anyone else what Barossa clubs/sponsors, or any of the country clubs, are paying anyone.
Everyone can see why this "apparent" rule was brought in and that is to save the SANFL, SANFL reserves and the SAAFL clubs losing players.
Only 2,000 people at Woodville Oval yesterday to watch WWT and the Swampys. More than that at many of the country grounds in close proximity to the city. Amateur D1 clubs who get 400 people at their grounds, think they've had a bumper day.
If the CFL come in heavy handed with the Barossa clubs, they will just tell em' to shove it where the sun don't shine and go it alone.
Good luck with stopping local businesses from paying players. Just won't happen and those who think they will change it, are deluded.

Still keeping the campaign running eh.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 461 times
Been liked: 566 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby oyster » Sun May 15, 2016 11:55 pm

I look forward to the day a Country or Amateur league club is declared bankrupt and that club's administrators lose their house, businesses and have criminal proceedings brought against them..........[/quote]

Lol
As long as money isn't coming out of the club who cares if sponsors or supporters want to spend their hard earned on a club they love[/quote]

Agreed Jim. Nothing to do with the CFL or anyone else what Barossa clubs/sponsors, or any of the country clubs, are paying anyone.
Everyone can see why this "apparent" rule was brought in and that is to save the SANFL, SANFL reserves and the SAAFL clubs losing players.
Only 2,000 people at Woodville Oval yesterday to watch WWT and the Swampys. More than that at many of the country grounds in close proximity to the city. Amateur D1 clubs who get 400 people at their grounds, think they've had a bumper day.
If the CFL come in heavy handed with the Barossa clubs, they will just tell em' to shove it where the sun don't shine and go it alone.
Good luck with stopping local businesses from paying players. Just won't happen and those who think they will change it, are deluded.[/quote]

Still keeping the campaign running eh.[/quote]

You bet princess.
Football clubs and club administrators are only responsible to their own life members, members, players, sponsors and supporters.
Clubs and administrators are not beholden to the CFL. It's a free and open world, and football clubs shouldn't have to tell the CFL shit.
The CFL should have no rights to stick their noses into clubs, how they are run, or how much players are paid. Not their function of operation.
The game of football needs decent administrators. Sadly we are bereft of many good ones. As soon as they are elected, they "think they now are super important people" who in their own minds become legends in their own lunch break. In the majority of cases, these administrators were frustrated footballers who couldn't play, but now impose their will onto the football landscape.
oyster
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 20 times

Postby cracka » Mon May 16, 2016 12:11 pm

oyster wrote:
You bet princess.
Football clubs and club administrators are only responsible to their own life members, members, players, sponsors and supporters.
Clubs and administrators are not beholden to the CFL. It's a free and open world, and football clubs shouldn't have to tell the CFL shit.
The CFL should have no rights to stick their noses into clubs, how they are run, or how much players are paid. Not their function of operation.
The game of football needs decent administrators. Sadly we are bereft of many good ones. As soon as they are elected, they "think they now are super important people" who in their own minds become legends in their own lunch break. In the majority of cases, these administrators were frustrated footballers who couldn't play, but now impose their will onto the football landscape.

Putting your hand up then are you?
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 461 times
Been liked: 566 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby Stackson » Mon May 16, 2016 9:06 pm

Nocyrils wrote:It's all above board at the dog track . I would be looking more towards a couple of other clubs eg. Willaston and Barossa . Or better still how about we keep the forum about the footy rather then this rubbish ya spanners

Weekly player contracts being the go down at the dog track I hope someone used all their frequent flyer points on Howard. What's a footy forum for then Nocyrils? Are we not discussing the going ons in BL&G to your liking?
Stackson
Mini-League

Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Eudunda

Postby Stackson » Mon May 16, 2016 9:18 pm

daysofourlives wrote:
knowitall wrote:I believe the cfl have all but fingered 1 from the BLG, 1 from the amateurs and 1 from the south east and are just tidying a few things up before they drop the hammer

That would have to be Barossa or Centrals.
How have Barossa been able to get away with co coaches, neither of whom are the coach?
Wouldnt be much change in the salary cap after paying Obst, Miles and Shillabeer, but of course they are only getting 500 game

I was quite impressed with Ashley Barnett speaks well in the huddles, Obst has some title like Director of Coaching I believe! Hope Kapunda can continue their form and Tanunda just to make life difficult for the city clubs
Stackson
Mini-League

Postby Nocyrils » Tue May 17, 2016 6:59 am

Stackson wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:
knowitall wrote:I believe the cfl have all but fingered 1 from the BLG, 1 from the amateurs and 1 from the south east and are just tidying a few things up before they drop the hammer

How have Barossa been able to get away with co coaches, neither of whom are the coach?
Wouldnt be much change in the salary cap after paying Obst, Miles and Shillabeer, but of course they are only getting 500 game

I was quite impressed with Ashley Barnett speaks well in the huddles, Obst has some title like Director of Coaching I believe! Hope Kapunda can continue their form and Tanunda just to make life difficult for the city clubs

Hahahahahahahaha
Nocyrils
Under 16s

Been liked: 23 times
Grassroots Team: Hamley Bridge

Postby Nocyrils » Tue May 17, 2016 10:20 am

Nocyrils wrote:
Stackson wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:

Hahahahahahahaha

I agree with the Ash Barnett comment . Blokes speaks very well and has played a lot of footy . In his 2 years at Hamley he did great job building the team up to winning a premiership which was then coached by k Herberle. stackson with some of your knowledge of GC, knowing about Howard playing after the night Howard was named makes me think you're a lot closer to GC then most people think. Thoughts?
Nocyrils
Under 16s

Been liked: 23 times
Grassroots Team: Hamley Bridge

Postby Stackson » Tue May 17, 2016 7:08 pm

I agree with the Ash Barnett comment . Blokes speaks very well and has played a lot of footy . In his 2 years at Hamley he did great job building the team up to winning a premiership which was then coached by k Herberle. stackson with some of your knowledge of GC, knowing about Howard playing after the night Howard was named makes me think you're a lot closer to GC then most people think. Thoughts?
Been to the Dogtrack on a few occasions stop at the Kingsford from time to time for a cheeky pint on the way home to Eudunda though I must admit my info on Howard was first seen on Facebook Herald Sport from memory or Peter Argent?
Stackson
Mini-League

Postby daysofourlives » Tue May 17, 2016 7:19 pm

Stackson wrote:I agree with the Ash Barnett comment . Blokes speaks very well and has played a lot of footy . In his 2 years at Hamley he did great job building the team up to winning a premiership which was then coached by k Herberle. stackson with some of your knowledge of GC, knowing about Howard playing after the night Howard was named makes me think you're a lot closer to GC then most people think. Thoughts?
Been to the Dogtrack on a few occasions stop at the Kingsford from time to time for a cheeky pint on the way home to Eudunda though I must admit my info on Howard was first seen on Facebook Herald Sport from memory or Peter Argent?

You have good mail Stackson, im pretty sure Peter Argent has ties to Eudunda.
Put those two together and we may have the identity of the new poster but I do find it hard to believe Pete isnt already lurking on the forum
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2423 times
Been liked: 1660 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed May 18, 2016 12:04 am

Stackson wrote:I agree with the Ash Barnett comment . Blokes speaks very well and has played a lot of footy . In his 2 years at Hamley he did great job building the team up to winning a premiership which was then coached by k Herberle. stackson with some of your knowledge of GC, knowing about Howard playing after the night Howard was named makes me think you're a lot closer to GC then most people think. Thoughts?

Mate, you don't need to remove the quote brackets to reply, I thought you were talking to yourself there.

Only when it reaches 4 quotes you need to take the middle set out.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby carey » Wed May 18, 2016 8:58 pm

How long till the heavy weight match up of the year????

Glenn v Taylor
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2808 times
Been liked: 2996 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby daysofourlives » Wed May 18, 2016 9:03 pm

carey wrote:How long till the heavy weight match up of the year????

Glenn v Taylor

Saturday week @ Willaston oval
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2423 times
Been liked: 1660 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby carey » Fri May 20, 2016 2:39 pm

daysofourlives wrote:
carey wrote:How long till the heavy weight match up of the year????

Glenn v Taylor

Saturday week @ Willaston oval

Sounds like a good day for a 30 pack.....
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2808 times
Been liked: 2996 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby 2old2slow » Fri May 20, 2016 4:39 pm

carey mate which day isn't :D
2old2slow
Rookie

Been liked: 6 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri May 20, 2016 9:02 pm

carey wrote:
Sounds like a good day for a 30 pack.....

So you plan on watching from the bar for the 2nd half?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby Red Rocket » Sun May 22, 2016 10:21 am

daysofourlives wrote:

Centrals and Willaston audited during the week and cleared I'm informed. No mention of Barossa.
Red Rocket
Under 18s

Been liked: 72 times
Grassroots Team: Kapunda

Postby Red Rocket » Sun May 22, 2016 10:26 am

BoundaryRider84 wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:

If Centrals arent over the salary cap geez they have done well to hide something.

They have been cleared by auditors.
Don't think they are hiding anything, clubs wouldn't surely be dumb enough to put things through the books would they?
I would be very surprised if most clubs in most leagues still didn't offer cash up which would make it hard to trace.
Anyway only early days but looking like a 2 horse race already for the flag, just can't see anyone else getting close
Red Rocket
Under 18s

Been liked: 72 times
Grassroots Team: Kapunda

Postby On The Pine » Wed May 25, 2016 8:53 pm

Interesting article on the back page of The Herald. Saw Ango v Nuri on ANZAC day. Few snipers that day too. No place for that in footy these days and a club can be tarnished by the actions of a few. All the best to Matt.
On The Pine
Rookie

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 8 times

Postby barrys antz » Wed May 25, 2016 9:28 pm

On The Pine wrote:Interesting article on the back page of The Herald. Saw Ango v Nuri on ANZAC day. Few snipers that day too. No place for that in footy these days and a club can be tarnished by the actions of a few. All the best to Matt.

Didn't happen to be Saunders did it
barrys antz
Rookie

Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Tanunda

Postby Stackson » Thu May 26, 2016 9:54 pm

On The Pine wrote:Interesting article on the back page of The Herald. Saw Ango v Nuri on ANZAC day. Few snipers that day too. No place for that in footy these days and a club can be tarnished by the actions of a few. All the best to Matt.

Very interesting read On the Pine did the bloke get reported? I like in the article "My recollection of the incident isn't great, but I remember Sam Mckinnon laid a shepherd for me while I got the ball. I stood up and a player ran through me with an elbow... I lost consciousness." sounds like a pretty good recollection just didn't name the player. Watched Matt dad play a fair bit hope he gets back out there won't be long before all players are wearing the Ol helmet
Stackson
Mini-League

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy