Grade Cricket

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: Grade Cricket

Postby mickey » Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:24 pm

Eagles , whats the go with Rumbles.... pushed, walked??? Official announcement tomorrow?
mickey
Coach

Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 313 times
Grassroots Team: Seaton Ramblers

Postby Eagles2014 » Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:32 pm

Tony Clifton wrote:A prominent politician flexing his muscle in merger talks? :o

Also hearing that a local council has a multi million dollar investment tied up in one of the grounds (picket fences, relaid square, double storey clubrooms) that would be flushed away if the club disappeared.

All three Clubs trying to use their high profile contacts to help in anyway they can!

The Port Council have been saying for years they are going to build this $5m indoor centre, etc, etc, blah, blah, blah. How can anyone trust this will actually happen, and trying to use this as leverage against our Club is a load of crap.

Until it is built, I don't trust that it will ever happen!
Eagles2014
Veteran

Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 526 times

Postby Eagles2014 » Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:38 pm

mickey wrote:Eagles , whats the go with Rumbles.... pushed, walked??? Official announcement tomorrow?

Unfortunately, I was not at training tonight as working late, will speak to my son when get home later tonight.

Rumbles resigned as Coach, as you can imagine with all the Merger stuff going on, everyone is under a lot of stress. Him in particular is putting in so much time and effort to try and save the Club, and doing a lot of the preparation for our meeting with SACA next month to help us survive.

He decided it would be better off if he stepped down as Club coach, but will still be around and doing a lot of the work needed so that West Torrens gets the best possible deal we think we deserve. The hours going into this are ridiculous, and not good for peoples health. That is what makes me so mad, that I believe SACA have already made up their minds!!
Eagles2014
Veteran

Postby Tony Clifton » Thu Jan 14, 2016 11:01 pm

The supposed benefit of this merger (stronger competition) is not going to offset the negative of a club disappearing or the angst a merger causes.

I know when Salisbury and Elizabeth combined and became Northern Districts that a lot of the old Salisbury alumni felt alienated, that their club had disappeared, that it wasn't the same. Many didn't go back and haven't for years. A lot drifted off to clubs like Pooraka.

And that was a "merger" where effectively Salisbury remained untouched under a pseudonym. This would be two clubs of 100+ years affected which is massive.

From what I've heard a whole heap of WT/Wdv/PA players are being targeted by other clubs who are selling the stability angle.
This is Tony Clifton! A name to respect! A name to fear!
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1462 times
Been liked: 244 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Postby Lame Choice » Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:38 am

Might need to change the thread name to West Torrens drama page.
I always thought Southern were to comp basket case to give the flick. Adelaide and Adelaide Uni the other obvious no brainer.

Forced mergers are like arranged marriages - seems like a good idea from outside, but in the bedroom, well - there's no loving. Just one giving and one receiving :shock:
"As long as I live, I will deny taking performance enhancing drugs" Lance Armstrong 2010
Lame Choice
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 30 times

Postby heater31 » Fri Jan 15, 2016 11:06 am

Adelaide University move to ATCA is the best solution......everybody wins in that scenario.

Interesting to note that these changes are being driven by Cricket Australia. They want the bye in Adelaide's premier cricket competition gone yet also want Melbourne to expand!

Once this is completed will SACA release the purse strings to the clubs from the promised pots of gold at Adelaide Oval provided certain criteria are met?
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby heater31 » Fri Jan 15, 2016 11:53 am

heater31 wrote:
Tony Clifton wrote:Are the C's and D's getting replayed as well or just A's and B's?

Nup they stay as programmed 2 day match over 2 weekends

Sanity sort of prevails.......now round 7 to be played next Saturday for all grades.
heater31

Postby Tony Clifton » Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:40 pm

Absolutely pathetic that they couldn't kick Uni out.

Uni say that they do heaps to develop the game and it's true, they do. They help with blind cricket, they have heaps of immigrant/new arrivals playing for them, women's team, provide ovals for juniors on Sundays. They do plenty and good on them. But they don't need to also be a premier cricket club to do all these things.
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

Postby Eagles2014 » Fri Jan 15, 2016 1:02 pm

Lame Choice wrote:Might need to change the thread name to West Torrens drama page.
I always thought Southern were to comp basket case to give the flick. Adelaide and Adelaide Uni the other obvious no brainer.

Forced mergers are like arranged marriages - seems like a good idea from outside, but in the bedroom, well - there's no loving. Just one giving and one receiving :shock:

Bit harsh LC re drama page comment!

West Torrens is the oldest club in the state, so for SACA to want to get rid of it due to "location", think we have a right to comment!
Eagles2014
Veteran

Postby Lame Choice » Fri Jan 15, 2016 3:15 pm

Eagles2014 wrote:
Lame Choice wrote:Might need to change the thread name to West Torrens drama page.

Bit harsh LC re drama page comment!

West Torrens is the oldest club in the state, so for SACA to want to get rid of it due to "location", think we have a right to comment!

I'm a West Torrens fan. Just seems a lot dialogue revolving one club. Nothing cynical intended - I guess they've got a lot on with the merger, coach parting ways, talent leaving etc.
"As long as I live, I will deny taking performance enhancing drugs" Lance Armstrong 2010
Lame Choice
Under 16s

Been liked: 30 times

Postby ferret » Fri Jan 15, 2016 4:30 pm

I believe the SACA has sent please explain letters to both Northern and Southern on their overall club performance. I feel Southern district has always performed below par. Maybe both Glenelg and Sturt should have their own zones moved further south to eliminate Southern Districts, this way two experienced clubs would be responsible for the southern area, The western clubs could then command more of the western seaboard where there is a better hit rate of kids playing cricket. Also Adelaide could take part of Sturt zone as they appear to be squeezed into an area with little possibility of expansion.

Will SACA ever make a public statement why UNI.is not considered for relegation.

It's hard to except the SACA decision to have West Torrens in the gun for demotion because of the small size of their drawing area, wasn't it the SACA that approved the zones - are they now saying they got it wrong.
ferret
Reserves

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 137 times

Postby Tony Clifton » Sun Jan 17, 2016 4:03 pm

Eagles2014 wrote:
mickey wrote:Eagles , whats the go with Rumbles.... pushed, walked??? Official announcement tomorrow?

Unfortunately, I was not at training tonight as working late, will speak to my son when get home later tonight.

Rumbles resigned as Coach, as you can imagine with all the Merger stuff going on, everyone is under a lot of stress. Him in particular is putting in so much time and effort to try and save the Club, and doing a lot of the preparation for our meeting with SACA next month to help us survive.

He decided it would be better off if he stepped down as Club coach, but will still be around and doing a lot of the work needed so that West Torrens gets the best possible deal we think we deserve. The hours going into this are ridiculous, and not good for peoples health. That is what makes me so mad, that I believe SACA have already made up their minds!!

Hmmm... I've now heard a different story re coach leaving.

Hopefully not true.
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

Postby heater31 » Sun Jan 17, 2016 4:19 pm

Tony Clifton wrote:
Eagles2014 wrote:

Hmmm... I've now heard a different story re coach leaving.

Hopefully not true.

Ah......the coach leaves his post and a million different theories get thrown about the reasons why!
heater31

Postby Computer Crashed » Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:12 pm

ferret wrote:I believe the SACA has sent please explain letters to both Northern and Southern on their overall club performance. I feel Southern district has always performed below par. Maybe both Glenelg and Sturt should have their own zones moved further south to eliminate Southern Districts, this way two experienced clubs would be responsible for the southern area, The western clubs could then command more of the western seaboard where there is a better hit rate of kids playing cricket. Also Adelaide could take part of Sturt zone as they appear to be squeezed into an area with little possibility of expansion.

Will SACA ever make a public statement why UNI.is not considered for relegation.

It's hard to except the SACA decision to have West Torrens in the gun for demotion because of the small size of their drawing area, wasn't it the SACA that approved the zones - are they now saying they got it wrong.

Great points Ferret.
Would also love to know the reason why Uni are untouchable or never considered.
Maybe mates of mates syndrome.
Computer Crashed
Reserves

Has liked: 213 times
Been liked: 124 times
Grassroots Team: Moonta

Postby heater31 » Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:27 pm

Computer Crashed wrote:
ferret wrote:I believe the SACA has sent please explain letters to both Northern and Southern on their overall club performance. I feel Southern district has always performed below par. Maybe both Glenelg and Sturt should have their own zones moved further south to eliminate Southern Districts, this way two experienced clubs would be responsible for the southern area, The western clubs could then command more of the western seaboard where there is a better hit rate of kids playing cricket. Also Adelaide could take part of Sturt zone as they appear to be squeezed into an area with little possibility of expansion.

Great points Ferret.
Would also love to know the reason why Uni are untouchable or never considered.
Maybe mates of mates syndrome.

The University President is the DPP of the state. They would bury the SACA in legal paperwork and drag out this process for years.

Interestingly West Torrens active in the media tonight showcasing their junior development credentials and coaching from a former Port Adelaide Star and Test player.
heater31

Postby Jim05 » Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:44 pm

Just disband the whole comp and start fresh, call it a different name and invite all clubs to apply based on a set criteria. If Uni don't meet the criteria they can't join simple.
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Homer J » Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:09 pm

Jim05 wrote:Just disband the whole comp and start fresh, call it a different name and invite all clubs to apply based on a set criteria. If Uni don't meet the criteria they can't join simple.

Worked for Netball & Soccer.

Unfortunately the old boys club that runs District Cricket would never allow it.
Homer J
Rookie

Been liked: 43 times

Postby mickey » Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:39 pm

From what im hearing talking to a few different people is that Uni will be given a zone from next season and having juniors.
mickey
Coach

Postby heater31 » Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:47 pm

mickey wrote:From what im hearing talking to a few different people is that Uni will be given a zone from next season and having juniors.

I've heard the same. Which means Adelaide will probably lose the City limits and gain some territory west of the railway line.
heater31

Postby mickey » Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:48 pm

heater31 wrote:
mickey wrote:From what im hearing talking to a few different people is that Uni will be given a zone from next season and having juniors.

I've heard the same. Which means Adelaide will probably lose the City limits and gain some territory west of the railway line.

Would also think that Prospect would lose some ground too.. This would have to be the worst decision ever to have been made
mickey
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps