(Miscellaneous debris)

Labor, Liberal, Greens, Democrats? Here's the place to discuss.

Re: (Miscellaneous debris)

Postby Leaping Lindner » Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:09 am

Sojourner wrote:Did you know that Barack Obama has killed more men, women and children via the use of Drone Strikes, than all the other Nobel Peace Prize winners put together?

Henry Kissinger has asked for a recount.
"They got Burton suits, ha, you think it's funny,turning rebellion into money"
Leaping Lindner
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 47 times

Postby The Sleeping Giant » Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:44 am

I guess that would mean 1, seeing as drone strikes are new technology.
Cannabis is safer than alcohol
The Sleeping Giant
Coach

Has liked: 69 times
Been liked: 193 times

Postby dedja » Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:02 am

Leaping Lindner wrote:
Sojourner wrote:Did you know that Barack Obama has killed more men, women and children via the use of Drone Strikes, than all the other Nobel Peace Prize winners put together?

Henry Kissinger has asked for a recount.

:lol:
It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt
dedja
Coach

Has liked: 176 times
Been liked: 992 times

Postby Sojourner » Sun May 05, 2013 2:32 pm

Could not agree more with the author of this statement. Why the likes of Julia GIllard and Barack Obama seem to sit back and watch is anyones guess?

- Destruction, Given what they've done in Syria, it is the Moslem men who should be covering their faces ...in shame.
http://drybonesblog.blogspot.co.il/
Attachments
303478_10151365977201781_484541027_n.jpg
303478_10151365977201781_484541027_n.jpg (49.49 KiB) Viewed 2837 times
Steamranger, South Australia's best ever Tourist Attraction, Treat Yourself, Let your Money Buy you Happiness!!!
Sojourner
Veteran

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Ovingham

Postby Gozu » Fri May 17, 2013 1:49 am

Bob Katter's party falling apart:

BOB Katter's Australian Party is "imploding", with senior figures deserting their posts, membership plummeting and a regional delegate turned-Clive Palmer ally accusing his former colleagues of constant infighting.

At least five KAP state shadow cabinet members yesterday told The Courier-Mail they had either stepped down from their positions or were on the cusp of doing so.

One shadow spokesman did not even realise his membership had expired, while another is demanding answers from both Mr Katter and his son Rob as to why there has been an exodus from the KAP's upper ranks.

This comes on the back of the resignation of national director Aidan McLindon and party vice-president and chair of finance Kevin Brown.

Former first-class cricketer Carl Rackemann has resigned as Shadow Agriculture spokesman, Lyn Bishop as Health spokeswoman, Keith Douglas as Shadow Tourism Minister and Michael Bates as Shadow Attorney-General.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/bob-katte ... 6644805119
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 660 times

Postby Gozu » Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:15 pm

"Uncovering the "Truth" Among the Conspiracy Theorists at the 2013 Bilderberg Fringe Festival":

http://www.vice.com/read/feeling-the-pa ... rberg-2013

;)
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Postby Sojourner » Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:42 am

Why does Barack Obama want to support the Syrian Rebels with weapons and money and so on, the same group responsible for so many atrocities against Syrians? Why would a Nobel Peace Prize winner do that?
Steamranger, South Australia's best ever Tourist Attraction, Treat Yourself, Let your Money Buy you Happiness!!!
Sojourner
Veteran

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Ovingham

Postby Punk Rooster » Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:07 am

Sojourner wrote:Why does Barack Obama want to support the Syrian Rebels with weapons and money and so on, the same group responsible for so many atrocities against Syrians? Why would a Nobel Peace Prize winner do that?

in the name of the profit?
Ralph Wiggum wrote:That's where I saw the leprechaun. He told me to burn things

Ken Farmer>John Coleman

Hindmarsh Pest Control
Punk Rooster
Coach

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 16 times
Grassroots Team: Fitzroy

Postby Grahaml » Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:48 pm

Syria is such a complicated issue that to denigrate any foreign leader's ideas and attempts to help is just folly. I think Obama winning the Peace Prize years ago was a joke, but his wish to properly arm the rebels isn't totally crazy. Nobody wants the war to continue but how do you stop it without picking a side? And then how do you pick a side? We seem to have this idea in our heads that rebels are always the good guys but usually they're just power hungry leaders exploiting ordinary citizens whose lives will not improve as they believe upon victory. At least giving the rebels a chance at a fair fight given the government has been reported to have used chemical weapons and clearly has a resource advantage (thanks to other superpowers let's not forget) I can at least understand, even if I don't fully agree with it.
Grahaml
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 169 times

Postby dedja » Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:15 pm

LOL at Poodle supporters handing out free shopping bags this morning with the prick's head on them.

Wouldn't use one crabbing ... on the other hand, if they had a picture of a Poodle instead of his pompous head I'd even hand them out.
It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt
dedja
Coach

Postby Gozu » Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:29 pm

dedja wrote:LOL at Poodle supporters handing out free shopping bags this morning with the prick's head on them.

Wouldn't use one crabbing ... on the other hand, if they had a picture of a Poodle instead of his pompous head I'd even hand them out.

Did you grab one for Jimmy?
Gozu
Coach

Postby Jimmy_041 » Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:18 pm

Bummer, I'm down on the Fleurieu
I could have had some serious fun with those things
We could have put them in the dog poop bag dispensers around Hazelwood and Tusmore Park
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1072 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby Magpiespower » Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:10 pm

Everyone can eat s#!t! A big bag of s#!t! I'm the greatest man in the world!
Magpiespower
Coach

Been liked: 125 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby dedja » Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:06 pm

Cory Bernadi ...

THE pillars of Western society are under threat, and Liberal Senator Cory Bernardi has a plan to prop them up.

Mr Bernardi has written a Bible for conservatives based on the ‘f words’: Faith, Family, Flag, Free enterprise, Federation and Freedom.

“I believe we need to re-establish the primacy of the family, the social and economic virtues that seem to have been neglected for at least two generations, yet are as innate within the human spirit today as they have ever been,” he told The Advertiser.

I've got another f word ... faarkwit
dedja
Coach

Postby Punk Rooster » Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:27 pm

abolish religion to start with
Ralph Wiggum wrote:That's where I saw the leprechaun. He told me to burn things

Ken Farmer>John Coleman

Hindmarsh Pest Control
Punk Rooster
Coach

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 16 times
Grassroots Team: Fitzroy

Postby Jimmy_041 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:14 am

Better still - tax it
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1072 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby ORDoubleBlues » Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:54 pm

Sojourner wrote:Why does Barack Obama want to support the Syrian Rebels with weapons and money and so on, the same group responsible for so many atrocities against Syrians? Why would a Nobel Peace Prize winner do that?

Because he's been instructed to do so.
R.I.P. Patrice Lumumba 1925 - 1961
ORDoubleBlues
League - Top 5

Been liked: 10 times
Grassroots Team: Macclesfield

Postby GWW » Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:39 am

I've never been a huge fan of Keating, but I found the interview with him on the ABC last night (I think part 1 was last week) very interesting.

Gave an insight into his career in Canberra, what drove him, and his relationship with/ opinion of, other key figures in Parliament during his time.

I thought it was particularly interesting when he said that his "dislike" of Howard was not personal, but purely based on JH's political philosophies/ideology.
GWW

Has liked: 816 times
Been liked: 166 times

Postby shoe boy » Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:21 am

GWW wrote:I've never been a huge fan of Keating, but I found the interview with him on the ABC last night (I think part 1 was last week) very interesting.

Gave an insight into his career in Canberra, what drove him, and his relationship with/ opinion of, other key figures in Parliament during his time.

I thought it was particularly interesting when he said that his "dislike" of Howard was not personal, but purely based on JH's political philosophies/ideology.

Paul hangs proudly on my wall.
Wouldn't it be great to have him around debating with Abbott and his clowns :)
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

Postby GWW » Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:43 am

Abbott v Keating in Question Time would be interesting viewing.

I would've also loved to have seen how Keating would have reacted to someone like Christopher Pyne.
GWW

Has liked: 816 times
Been liked: 166 times

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  Politics