Adelaide and Suburban Cricket Association 2010/11

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Adelaide and Suburban Cricket Association 2010/11

Postby smithy » Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:52 pm

Will DIV 1 be expanded if Cove are accepted or will an unfortunate side move down ?

Put your A&SCA discussion here for the upcoming season.
smithy

Re: Adelaide and Suburban Cricket Association 2010/11

Postby bazza1 » Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:20 am

smithy wrote:Will DIV 1 be expanded if Cove are accepted or will an unfortunate side move down ?Put your A&SCA discussion here for the upcoming season.

Dont think that we would go to a 13 team section, us (NH) Sth Rd or if Westminster go to turf will be the ones to go.
My drinking club has a cricket problem!
bazza1
Reserves

Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 11 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby CoverKing » Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:27 am

smithy wrote:Will DIV 1 be expanded if Cove are accepted or will an unfortunate side move down ?

Question is, will Cove go in secton 1 or section 2 if they decide to join?
I Want to be a Western Youth Ranger!
CoverKing
Coach

Has liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Flinders Park

Postby smithy » Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:11 am

CoverKing wrote:
smithy wrote:Will DIV 1 be expanded if Cove are accepted or will an unfortunate side move down ?

Question is, will Cove go in secton 1 or section 2 if they decide to join?

Lots of unanswered questions from that club as far as I'm concerned.
smithy

Postby Turbo » Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:50 am

June 15th will be the date i'm told that all will be revealed
Turbo
League - Top 5

Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 38 times
Grassroots Team: Cove

Postby Moe » Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:17 am

I was told by an association committee member, that if Cove are accepted, then they will be in Section 1.
I hope it is South Road who drop out. Would be deserving.

An interesting game looms between Cove & MPCC then.
Michael Thomas's first over would include a few very obvious no-balls i would think ;)
Moe
League - Best 21

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 91 times
Grassroots Team: Morphettville Park

Postby Jabber » Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:31 am

Moe wrote:I was told by an association committee member, that if Cove are accepted, then they will be in Section 1.

Michael Thomas's first over would include a few very obvious no-balls i would think ;)

Word has it that even if Cove are only offered section two that they will still be happy with that, just happy to get off a sinking ship it seems.
Jabber
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 15 times
Grassroots Team: Plympton

Postby Turbo » Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:43 pm

Jabber wrote:
Moe wrote:I was told by an association committee member, that if Cove are accepted, then they will be in Section 1.

Word has it that even if Cove are only offered section two that they will still be happy with that, just happy to get off a sinking ship it seems.

You are correct once again Jabber
Turbo
League - Top 5

Postby The Dark Knight » Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:32 pm

Turbo wrote:
Jabber wrote:

So Cove are in Section 2?
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10298 times
Been liked: 1516 times

Postby The Dark Knight » Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:33 pm

bazza1 wrote:
smithy wrote:Will DIV 1 be expanded if Cove are accepted or will an unfortunate side move down ?Put your A&SCA discussion here for the upcoming season.

Dont think that we would go to a 13 team section, us (NH) Sth Rd or if Westminster go to turf will be the ones to go.

Hope not.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Postby Turbo » Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:42 pm

The Dark Knight wrote:
Turbo wrote:
Jabber wrote:

So Cove are in Section 2?

No Cove would accept section 2, the meeting is on the 15th to decide this
Turbo
League - Top 5

Postby Tiger Couple » Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:34 pm

Depends on how much credability your Association has would depend on what Grade they start in. Surely you would have to make a new Club earn there stripes rather than waltz in to your top grade.

Adelaide Turf made Reynella start in A3. They have played 3 season and have moved up to A2 in 3rd year and made the Semi Finals in that grade this year.

Surely you do the right thing by the CLubs you have and make them earn a Section 1 spot.
Tiger Couple
Under 16s

Been liked: 5 times

Postby CoverKing » Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:28 am

PUNTER wrote:Depends on how much credability your Association has would depend on what Grade they start in. Surely you would have to make a new Club earn there stripes rather than waltz in to your top grade.

Adelaide Turf made Reynella start in A3. They have played 3 season and have moved up to A2 in 3rd year and made the Semi Finals in that grade this year.

Surely you do the right thing by the CLubs you have and make them earn a Section 1 spot.

Well at Western Youth we were put into the section 1 straight up. We came 5th our first year and missed the finals by one spot, and have not missed them since (10 straight years, bloods??) . WIth Coves record i wouldnt be suprised that they come straight in, maybe at the expense of WOS who seem like this will be there last year, if they are in the comp at all!
CoverKing
Coach

Postby CoverKing » Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:34 am

Plus we want to see the Sheidow Park and Cove rivalry begin/continue!
CoverKing
Coach

Postby Jabber » Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:17 am

PUNTER wrote:Depends on how much credability your Association has would depend on what Grade they start in. Surely you would have to make a new Club earn there stripes rather than waltz in to your top grade.

here we go, we've moved from the credibility of Cove to the credibility of ASCA...
Jabber
League Bench Warmer

Postby adelaide bank » Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:05 am

hopefully he bowls it at his brother and gets dispatched over the club like tthe backyard when they were young
adelaide bank
Rookie

Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: Morphettville Park

Postby Tiger Couple » Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:10 pm

Jabber wrote:

here we go, we've moved from the credibility of Cove to the credibility of ASCA...

Pretty touchy Jabber.
As coverking pointed out Western Youth went straight into Section 1. I have nothing against Cove at all or ASCA. I was just assuming that your set up was similar to ATCA that was strong through the first 2 or 3 grades and Cove would need to earn there stripes rather than walk into Section 1.
I bought up Credability as I thought it was a strong comp and the Association was going to hand Cove Section 1 to make them happy. This does not sound the case by what has been said by coverking.
Tiger Couple
Under 16s

Been liked: 5 times

Postby The Dark Knight » Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:13 pm

Surely you do the right thing by the Clubs you have and make them earn a Section 1 spot.

Agreed Punter, but with WOS switching over to turf I reckon they will be in section 1.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Postby Gowser » Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:43 pm

They aren't a new club, they are a highly successful existing club.
You cant draw comparisons from Adelaide Turf Association. There is a pretty big skill gap between section 1 and 2 in our comp. (also between the top and bottom section 1 sides).
The right thing to do by the clubs is to make section 1 as strong as it can be, that means cove play section 1.
Gowser
Under 16s

Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Wunkar

Postby Jabber » Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:08 pm

Cove are a section one side, and it would be unfair on the b grade sides in section two if Cove were put in that section. WYC proved that a side can move straight into section one and be successful, and cove have a better short term history than WYC did at the same stage.

ASCA does not need to "flex its muscle" and stick cove in section two. for the betterment of cricket, and competition in section one, cove must play section one. no-one wins if cove play section two at the end of the day.

And seriously, all clubs in section one apart from the three lower sides any of which may lose out if Cove move into section one, all other clubs from what i can tell are extremely excited that the best side from SCA want to come and play against us, and appear to be welcoming Cove with open arms.

PUNTER wrote:
Jabber wrote:

Pretty touchy Jabber.
As coverking pointed out Western Youth went straight into Section 1. I have nothing against Cove at all or ASCA. I was just assuming that your set up was similar to ATCA that was strong through the first 2 or 3 grades and Cove would need to earn there stripes rather than walk into Section 1.
I bought up Credability as I thought it was a strong comp and the Association was going to hand Cove Section 1 to make them happy. This does not sound the case by what has been said by coverking.
Jabber
League Bench Warmer

Next

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps