SA Churches and Community Cricket Association 2010/11

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

What should the name of the comp be at seasons start?

SA Churches and Community Cricket Association
19%
SA Suburban/Community Cricket Association
8%
SA Amatuer Cricket Association
32%
The Andrew Balding Cup
16%
SA Churches One Day, 2 Day and T20 and F5 Cricket League
No votes
Adelaide Metropolitan Cricket Association
18%
None of the above, they all suck.
6%

Total votes : 62

SA Churches and Community Cricket Association 2010/11

Postby Mythbuster » Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:41 pm

New Season, New Beginings. Lets move on people.
Mythbuster
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Re: SA Churches and Community Cricket Association 2010/11

Postby auto » Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:58 pm

It is indeed a day for new beginnings, how right you are Mythbuster!
auto
League - Top 5

Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 29 times
Grassroots Team: Fitzroy

Postby broca011 » Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:15 pm

Other... why don't the different hard wicket associations get together and look at a merger? There could be divisions/conferences (central, southern, nothern, western etc) and you play everyone in your division/conference plus have a finals system where you cross divisions/conferences?
broca011
Rookie

Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby auto » Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:52 pm

broca011 wrote:Other... why don't the different hard wicket associations get together and look at a merger? There could be divisions/conferences (central, southern, nothern, western etc) and you play everyone in your division/conference plus have a finals system where you cross divisions/conferences?

mmmm....not a bad idea.
auto
League - Top 5

Postby skywalker » Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:42 pm

broca011 wrote:Other... why don't the different hard wicket associations get together and look at a merger? There could be divisions/conferences (central, southern, nothern, western etc) and you play everyone in your division/conference plus have a finals system where you cross divisions/conferences?

This has merit!
I wanna grow up to be Chad Vader
skywalker
Under 16s

Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby aceman » Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:55 pm

A great idea but how many noses will be put "out of joint" by this? Mergers always cause headaches, even name changes have their detractors.
Personally I think Option 2 is the correct name to use, leave "amateur" out of the title
Always behind the 8 ball
aceman
Coach

Postby bothamsfearnley » Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:20 am

skywalker wrote:

This has merit!

It won't work. end of story. Southern and Churches look like they may be swallowed by the PDCA and Adelaide Suburban in the next few years. Sad, but thats just how it goes. Southern was a VERY strong association 20 years ago and look what is happening there now, its slowly being dismantled. How many churches clubs will start thinking about playing in the lower grades of Suburban and the PDCA to survive? thinking they might attract some more local players knowing without the "churches" name they can claim some local territory of their own?
bothamsfearnley
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: Brahma Lodge

Postby auto » Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:38 am

bothamsfearnley wrote:
skywalker wrote:

This has merit!

It won't work. end of story. Southern and Churches look like they may be swallowed by the PDCA and Adelaide Suburban in the next few years. Sad, but thats just how it goes. Southern was a VERY strong association 20 years ago and look what is happening there now, its slowly being dismantled. How many churches clubs will start thinking about playing in the lower grades of Suburban and the PDCA to survive? thinking they might attract some more local players knowing without the "churches" name they can claim some local territory of their own?

Maybe a line in the sand (or the torrens River) and have North Metro and South Metro. Personally i think this is the way it will go in the long term.
auto
League - Top 5

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:07 am

automaticwicky wrote:

mmmm....not a bad idea.

oh yer great idea.. i mention it not 18 months ago and im a d^^khead! :roll:
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Has liked: 402 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby Pidge » Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:23 am

automaticwicky wrote:It is indeed a day for new beginnings, how right you are Mythbuster!

Speaking of new beginnings, is there any chance you will make an appearance at Pre Season Training Auto?
It's Somma Time!
Pidge
League - Top 5

Postby spintwin » Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:59 am

Who cares what they name is. We are all here to play cricket. i am one who dose not care what the name is. I play for my club name not the Association. If we want to make a differnce it is not the name we need to change but the style of cricket we play. We need to look after our comp and start playing more one day games. Maybe even all one day games. Lets move forward and attract clubs and players by playing good cricket. If they dont wont to come because of the name we dont want them.

If you want to change something stand up and put your name forward at the AGM.
spintwin
Under 16s

Grassroots Team: Gaza

Postby auto » Sun Jul 11, 2010 1:34 pm

Pidge wrote:
automaticwicky wrote:It is indeed a day for new beginnings, how right you are Mythbuster!

Speaking of new beginnings, is there any chance you will make an appearance at Pre Season Training Auto?

Think i batted two or three rimes in the nets for the whole of last season, what makes you think i want to train in July ???

ps. See ya 2moro night ;)
auto
League - Top 5

Postby Pidge » Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:19 pm

spintwin wrote:Who cares what they name is. We are all here to play cricket. i am one who dose not care what the name is. I play for my club name not the Association. If we want to make a differnce it is not the name we need to change but the style of cricket we play. We need to look after our comp and start playing more one day games. Maybe even all one day games. Lets move forward and attract clubs and players by playing good cricket. If they dont wont to come because of the name we dont want them.

Why do we need to play more one dayers?
Finals are two day matches. Therefore there should be more two-day matches.
It's Somma Time!
Pidge
League - Top 5

Postby spintwin » Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:02 pm

Pidge wrote:
spintwin wrote:Who cares what they name is. We are all here to play cricket. i am one who dose not care what the name is. I play for my club name not the Association. If we want to make a differnce it is not the name we need to change but the style of cricket we play. We need to look after our comp and start playing more one day games. Maybe even all one day games. Lets move forward and attract clubs and players by playing good cricket. If they dont wont to come because of the name we dont want them.

Why do we need to play more one dayers?
Finals are two day matches. Therefore there should be more two-day matches.

Pidge if you read what i said all games would be one day games so the finals would be aswell. I am not saying this is the way to go but if you want to make a difference from other comps maybe we have to.

Hope your having fun at Pre Season already. I think we start on the first od second Sat in October.
spintwin
Under 16s

Grassroots Team: Gaza

Postby george » Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:04 pm

Phantom Gossiper wrote:
automaticwicky wrote:

mmmm....not a bad idea.

oh yer great idea.. i mention it not 18 months ago and im a d^^khead! :roll:

At least you got one thing right you are a D^^khead! Enough said on that matter.
george

Grassroots Team: Morgan-Cadell

Postby george » Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:30 pm

Hi All. Its about that time of the year. If any one out there is looking for a club PM me. We have great Facilitys. We have a lot of good night's on our Social Calander. We look forward to having another strong year. Hopefully i can help to get us a bit further through the finals this year. If it is true that we have lost Marshall from this comp it is a big loss in talent but a better place to play cricket.
george

Grassroots Team: Morgan-Cadell

Postby Pidge » Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:07 am

automaticwicky wrote:
Pidge wrote:

Think i batted two or three rimes in the nets for the whole of last season, what makes you think i want to train in July ???

Gee you are lazy Auto. Maybe 3rd time lucky for next training?
It's Somma Time!
Pidge
League - Top 5

Postby auto » Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:18 pm

Pidge wrote:
automaticwicky wrote:
Pidge wrote:

Gee you are lazy Auto. Maybe 3rd time lucky for next training?

Sorry mate couldnt make it had Monday night Bingo and Morreen from three tables down was gonna wear a funny hat.....and she did.....so funny! If training doesnt interfere with Monday night Bingo or my stories on the tele on Wednesday ill come out to training.
auto
League - Top 5

Postby dark & stormy » Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:11 pm

hey auto , maybe I should come and see if I can play with you guys , :roll:because I love your reasons for not training , do you mind if I borrow a couple of excuses for my club ? ;) hey pidge when you going to come back and play with the big boys :)
dark & stormy
Reserves

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 4 times

Postby Pidge » Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:15 pm

automaticwicky wrote:Sorry mate couldnt make it had Monday night Bingo and Morreen from three tables down was gonna wear a funny hat.....and she did.....so funny! If training doesnt interfere with Monday night Bingo or my stories on the tele on Wednesday ill come out to training.

You'll be happy to hear that the next training happens to be on a Tuesday night. I await your next excuse ;)
It's Somma Time!
Pidge
League - Top 5

Next

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps