Adelaide Turf Cricket Association 2010-11

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Adelaide Turf Cricket Association 2010-11

Postby smac » Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:12 pm

Happy new year!
smac
Coach

Has liked: 165 times
Been liked: 233 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Re: Adelaide Turf Cricket Association 2010-11

Postby azzaisbest » Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:21 pm

come on boys , lets fire this thread up

Ingle farm without qualilty fast bowler from last year, will this leave massive dent in bowling stocks?? Who will step up to the plate for the farmers and spearhead there attack, would be disappointed if i was a farmer having had confirmation that this player would be staying for the 10/11 season.
azzaisbest
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby interested observer » Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:32 pm

azzaisbest wrote:come on boys , lets fire this thread up

Ingle farm without qualilty fast bowler from last year, will this leave massive dent in bowling stocks?? Who will step up to the plate for the farmers and spearhead there attack, would be disappointed if i was a farmer having had confirmation that this player would be staying for the 10/11 season.

We will move on Azza...
Disappointing? - Yes absolutely...
End of the world?.... No...
I guess the major disappointment is how this has played out on an internet forum/forums instead of in person...
Everyone deals with things differently I guess..
Jimmy is welcome at IF anytime he wishes to call in...
interested observer
League Bench Warmer

Postby azzaisbest » Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:37 pm

interested observer wrote:

We will move on Azza...
I guess the major disappointment is how this has played out on an internet forum/forums instead of in person...

So would you say that the influx of outsiders into your club last year , looking at it now , was the right move for the club to make , with some of them only there for the year? interested to know
azzaisbest
Under 16s

Postby interested observer » Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:58 pm

azzaisbest wrote:

We will move on Azza...

So would you say that the influx of outsiders into your club last year , looking at it now , was the right move for the club to make , with some of them only there for the year? interested to know

Not one of the guys that come to the club last year came for the wrong reasons..
The ones that were able, certainly played their part on and off the ground..
The one that was not able, played his part off the ground regularly..
I would suggest that clubs like our club and your club, Hope Valley, have to decide whether you want to strive for the highest grade which necessitates recruiting or just be happy playing at the level your home grown talent allows you to play at..
With respect, you have just seen very closely what happens when you lose players and don't recruit to compete at the higher level..
interested observer
League Bench Warmer

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:34 pm

Pre season training (indoors) for Ingle Farm District Cricket Club will be held at St Jays Recreation Centre, Salisbury on Tuesday nights from 7.00pm to 8.30pm. Training dates are;

Tuesday, 24 August 2010
Tuesday, 31 August 2010
Tuesday, 7 September 2010
Tuesday, 14 September 2010
Tuesday, 21 September 2010

Everyone is welcome.
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 534 times

Postby azzaisbest » Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:40 pm

Totally agree with you there interested, definitely we struggled up there but dont think it has hurt us in anyway, if anything we got to give alot of our young players a taste of what is required to succeed at that level, which i believe will only hold them in good sted for the coming season. It was just unfortunate that we didnt have the services of vaughan (rebacks) , mcphee (injured), lipsett (location) , which was a fair chunk of our batting line up , and i strongly believe if these players played, we would still be there as it was only our batting that let us down. From a club point of view i guess you strive to play at the highest level possible and ultimately will give it a go whether you have the cattle or not
azzaisbest
Under 16s

Postby bulldogs » Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:42 pm

azzaisbest wrote:

We will move on Azza...

it is very dissapointing Azza. we have some young talent who will step up. The players added last year were the correct type for the club, with a bit more luck Stamas leg might of stayed intact and who knows from there both him and jim might still be at the club. Probably alittle gutted by the move to R&C but lets hope for there sake that they have a good time and win some games or i think they might want to make the GF again.

As a club we must make a big call do we foster and bring thru the young talent, of course you do but they also need experience and classy cricketers to learn from. also i have seen with alot of kids they move on after the age of 22 for what ever reason.
bulldogs
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 15 times

Postby Plumb » Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:01 pm

Will the Farmers still keep their other recruits? ie Mclean? If so, I still believe they are a quality outfit that will no doubt push for a finals spot.

How does everyone think Modbury and Concordia will fare this year in A2?
Plumb
Rookie

Been liked: 0 time

Postby Plumb » Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:04 pm

azzaisbest wrote:Totally agree with you there interested, definitely we struggled up there but dont think it has hurt us in anyway, if anything we got to give alot of our young players a taste of what is required to succeed at that level, which i believe will only hold them in good sted for the coming season. It was just unfortunate that we didnt have the services of vaughan (rebacks) , mcphee (injured), lipsett (location) , which was a fair chunk of our batting line up , and i strongly believe if these players played, we would still be there as it was only our batting that let us down. From a club point of view i guess you strive to play at the highest level possible and ultimately will give it a go whether you have the cattle or not

Will Mcphee be playing at all this year Azza? Handy inclusion for you guys if he does. Also heard there was a slightly older fellow at your club, who last year outshone some of the more fancied younger blokes with the willow. Will this late bloomer be playing on this season?
Plumb
Rookie

Been liked: 0 time

Postby Wizard of Oz » Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:09 pm

Plumb wrote:
azzaisbest wrote:Totally agree with you there interested, definitely we struggled up there but dont think it has hurt us in anyway, if anything we got to give alot of our young players a taste of what is required to succeed at that level, which i believe will only hold them in good sted for the coming season. It was just unfortunate that we didnt have the services of vaughan (rebacks) , mcphee (injured), lipsett (location) , which was a fair chunk of our batting line up , and i strongly believe if these players played, we would still be there as it was only our batting that let us down. From a club point of view i guess you strive to play at the highest level possible and ultimately will give it a go whether you have the cattle or not

Will Mcphee be playing at all this year Azza? Handy inclusion for you guys if he does. Also heard there was a slightly older fellow at your club, who last year outshone some of the more fancied younger blokes with the willow. Will this late bloomer be playing on this season?

McPhee might be playing casually with some other mates....maybe ;)
Wizard of Oz
League - Best 21

Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby norm11 » Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:17 pm

Hard to take there word any more hey ?
Back to the creek it is.
norm11
League - Top 5

Has liked: 470 times
Been liked: 53 times

Postby Wizard of Oz » Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:21 pm

norm11 wrote:Hard to take there word any more hey ?

The query on Mac is whether he can hold a bat again. His elbow is faarked !
Wizard of Oz
League - Best 21

Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby norm11 » Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:44 pm

Wizard of Oz wrote:
norm11 wrote:Hard to take there word any more hey ?

The query on Mac is whether he can hold a bat again. His elbow is faarked !

Who's elbow?
Back to the creek it is.
norm11
League - Top 5

Has liked: 470 times
Been liked: 53 times

Postby azzaisbest » Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:07 pm

Wizard of Oz wrote:
Plumb wrote:

McPhee might be playing casually with some other mates....maybe ;)

All depends on that elbow oz, mcphee quality when fully fit and up and running, has been a long servant of the hvcc, if he does decide to have casual hit with mates, then wish him all the best.
azzaisbest
Under 16s

Postby azzaisbest » Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:13 pm

Plumb wrote:

I think his injury has definitely shown him what life away from cricket is like , so would doubt it if he does play a full year, but would welcome him back with open arms. Casual hit might be on the cards to fuel the itch but all depends on whether he can hold a bat. As for the late bloomer, i believe he still has a few years left in him yet
azzaisbest
Under 16s

Postby rainbow warrior » Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:50 am

You guys were good enough, probably from what I could tell just lacked belief from who you lost. Probably need a quality spinner too especially at your ground. Most of your batsmen were technically solid for high level turf cricket. Give it time, the younger blokes will have benefitted from this year and you will have a foundation to build on and hopefully a hunger.
rainbow warrior
Rookie

Been liked: 4 times

Postby Masha » Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:31 am

Plumb wrote:Will the Farmers still keep their other recruits? ie Mclean? If so, I still believe they are a quality outfit that will no doubt push for a finals spot.

How does everyone think Modbury and Concordia will fare this year in A2?

Plumb, how will your lot fare this year? Any additions? Would need some support for that quality slow bowler O'Connor. Works magic on the ball, close to been considered a strike bowler :p

Is Box going around again?
Masha
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 12 times
Grassroots Team: Brahma Lodge

Postby the star » Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:05 am

you also lost a young quick bowler to a grade club.
the star
Under 16s

Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Tasman

Postby azzaisbest » Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:33 am

the star wrote:

you also lost a young quick bowler to a grade club.

Yes we did star, the pull of family ties and mates i think got him back there, always thought he would of got more out of playing in the A's last year in turf then he did playing C and D grade. But only he would know the reasons why ( and maybe you ). Always welcome at the valley he is.
azzaisbest
Under 16s

Next

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps