I need to know....

Anything!

Re: I need to know....

Postby Spargo » Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:54 pm

WTF has happened to the layout of this site.
Virtually impossible to utilise and navigate from my iPhone !!??
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5457 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby RustyCage » Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:02 pm

Spargo wrote:WTF has happened to the layout of this site.
Virtually impossible to utilise and navigate from my iPhone !!??

Tapatalk
I'm gonna break my rusty cage and run
RustyCage

Has liked: 1260 times
Been liked: 933 times

Postby The Ash Man » Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:44 am

Booney wrote:
Sturtman wrote:the name of a good boarding kennel in Adelaide or Adelaide hills for my dog

We sent ours while re-plumbing our house to http://hedgegroveboarding.com.au/ .

I've heard no bad reports from anyone who has used them and we thought the place looked pretty reasonable. The dogs were only there for 4 nights though.

Mine go to the same one. No complaints here
The Ash Man
Coach

Has liked: 381 times
Been liked: 260 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby RustyCage » Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:16 pm

Roadside Assistance through RAA or National Roadservice Australia. Is there much difference between the two? Is one better than the other?
RustyCage

Postby Footy Chick » Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:54 pm

Main differences are that its car based, not person based, ie; if you break down in anyones car but the one you've nominated, bad luck

Also make you pay a seperate membership for caravan, where it's already covered under RAA Premium.

Perhaps someone more experienced in this area can shed more light for you PAFC..

@Cambridge Clarrie to thread....
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby RustyCage » Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:26 pm

cheers FC
RustyCage

Postby Cambridge Clarrie » Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:25 pm

I'll state up front that I work for RAA, so obviously I'm going to promote that as the membership you should go with.

As FC said, RAA membership is personal; you can be driving any vehicle and still call for road service. Product wise, I believe that RAA is superior to other providers, but the real question that you should ask is what the service levels are like. RAA has about 120 vans in the metro area and about 90 odd contractors in regional SA providing excellent coverage. All of our patrols are qualified mechanics and they get 90% of vehicles back on the road straight away. I couldn't see on their website what the cost is to be able to compare against RAA's. Before making your decision I suggest looking closely at the terms and conditions and asking them about their network of service vehicles.
"They do say, Mrs M, that verbal insults hurt more than physical pain. They are, of course, wrong, as you will soon discover when I stick this toasting fork into your head"
Cambridge Clarrie
League - Best 21

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 31 times

Postby dedja » Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:35 pm

Cost is also a significant aspect
It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt
dedja
Coach

Has liked: 157 times
Been liked: 972 times

Postby Psyber » Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:20 pm

Footy Chick wrote:Main differences are that its car based, not person based, ie; if you break down in anyones car but the one you've nominated, bad luck
Also make you pay a seperate membership for caravan, where it's already covered under RAA Premium.
Perhaps someone more experienced in this area can shed more light for you PAFC..
@Cambridge Clarrie to thread....
When I was in Melbourne the RACV was car-related too.
They would cover you if it was one you had borrowed while your nominated car was out of service.
It's a pain in the neck if you have more than one car.
Viva RAA, who are also more supportive if you have a dispute with a dealership and want something specific inspected.
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 389 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby HH3 » Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:20 pm

Ok. So I was just made the OH&S officer literally 5 minutes ago to increase my value to the company, as my GM put it.

I asked him a few questions and he answered honestly, I think. But I just want to get some other peoples point of view.

The main query is what sort of liability I have if and when someone hurts themselves at my workplace?

My GM said very little would fall on me, and that himself and the company would be the ones responsible for any penalty.

I, however, would be the one submitting the reports to Safework SA and Work Cover.

Does anyone know a little about this, and could summarise potential downfalls of this new role?

Cheers
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2432 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby heater31 » Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:31 pm

Means you can't flip your desk when you leave....its an OH&S hazard ;)
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:36 pm

Cambridge Clarrie wrote:I'll state up front that I work for RAA, so obviously I'm going to promote that as the membership you should go with.

As FC said, RAA membership is personal; you can be driving any vehicle and still call for road service. Product wise, I believe that RAA is superior to other providers, but the real question that you should ask is what the service levels are like. RAA has about 120 vans in the metro area and about 90 odd contractors in regional SA providing excellent coverage. All of our patrols are qualified mechanics and they get 90% of vehicles back on the road straight away. I couldn't see on their website what the cost is to be able to compare against RAA's. Before making your decision I suggest looking closely at the terms and conditions and asking them about their network of service vehicles.

how much more would we have to pay for our membership to get this guy of our tv screens???

"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3016 times
Been liked: 2384 times

Postby HH3 » Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:41 pm

heater31 wrote:Means you can't flip your desk when you leave....its an OH&S hazard ;)

Yeah but if I quit, Im no longer the OH&S officer....the flips still on
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby mickey » Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:57 pm

HH3 wrote:Ok. So I was just made the OH&S officer literally 5 minutes ago to increase my value to the company, as my GM put it.

I asked him a few questions and he answered honestly, I think. But I just want to get some other peoples point of view.

The main query is what sort of liability I have if and when someone hurts themselves at my workplace?

My GM said very little would fall on me, and that himself and the company would be the ones responsible for any penalty.

I, however, would be the one submitting the reports to Safework SA and Work Cover.

Does anyone know a little about this, and could summarise potential downfalls of this new role?

Cheers

Get your official training done ASAP, you must be given 5 days off to complete it. Basically a week off work, you will get bombarded with info etc, but you learn everything that you need to know to keep your head above water so to speak.
mickey
Coach

Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 312 times
Grassroots Team: Seaton Ramblers

Postby Failed Creation » Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:32 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:how much more would we have to pay for our membership to get this guy of our tv screens???

I'd pay ANYTHING to get him away from us. While we're at it, Rhonda and Ketut (and Trent Toogood) can **** right off too.
Politicians kissing babies for good luck,
TV preachers sell salvation for a buck.
You don't need no golden cross to tell you wrong from right,
The world's worst murderers were those who saw the light.
Failed Creation
Coach

Has liked: 3307 times
Been liked: 613 times
Grassroots Team: Gawler Central

Postby Booney » Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:34 pm

HH3 wrote:Ok. So I was just made the OH&S officer literally 5 minutes ago to increase my value to the company, as my GM put it.

Cheers

@wycbloods
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Ian » Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:33 pm

HH3 wrote:Ok. So I was just made the OH&S officer literally 5 minutes ago to increase my value to the company,

were you made a OHS&W officer or a OHS&W representative?, they are 2 different things, either way your employer needs to get you booked into some approved training so that you can learn what your rights, responsibilities (and if a rep) powers are.

A OHS&W Officer is generally employed to do OHS related issues such as policies, safe work procedures etc to ensure the company complies with legislative requirements, a OHS&W rep is a elected position where you are the other employees representative to management in relation to OHS matters
North Adelaide F C : Champions of Aust 1972 : Premiers 1900, 02, 05, 20, 30, 31, 49, 52, 60, 71, 72, 87, 91
Ian

Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 93 times
Grassroots Team: Lockleys

Postby Ian » Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:38 pm

mickey wrote:

Cheers

Get your official training done ASAP, you must be given 5 days off to complete it. Basically a week off work, you will get bombarded with info etc, but you learn everything that you need to know to keep your head above water so to speak.
and don't stop at the basic training, next year do advanced, and then keep up with "ongoing" modules after that
Always remember, if you are a rep you are there to represent the employees, a lot of managers will insist you are the one that is responsible for everything OHS, you aren't.
You will be given a lot of powers, use common sense and don't abuse the powers, but don't bend over and take it up the a**** from management either
North Adelaide F C : Champions of Aust 1972 : Premiers 1900, 02, 05, 20, 30, 31, 49, 52, 60, 71, 72, 87, 91
Ian

Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 93 times
Grassroots Team: Lockleys

Postby HH3 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:26 pm

Anyone having trouble with their Origin gas bill?

Our usage apparently went from 1400 MJ in 87 days, to 8700 MJ over 64 days....
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby Footy Chick » Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:29 pm

haven't got mine yet but will keep an eagle eye out now that you mention it.

If mine's normal i'd be guessing you've got one serious gas leak there...and it aint Beffy! ;)
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion