Has liked: 4461 times
Been liked: 2988 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Re: I need to know....

Postby heater31 » Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:11 am

JK wrote:
mighty_tiger_79 wrote:ouch.......$60 per item

Set of stumps $300 valuation fee?

Hope not.....seems a bit steep especially if you are interstate and they do it via email with just a photo.
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby Footy Chick » Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:22 am

So if you've got something potentially worth over $1000, you'd be too stingy to pay $60 to ensure its valued and insured correctly?

This used to shit me with insurance customers who had $15000 rings but bitched about having to pay extra to insure them, or to pay $100 to get them valued..

FIne, insure your item for possibly $10k less than what its worth, no skin off our nose.
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby heater31 » Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:34 am

Footy Chick wrote:

So if you've got something potentially worth over $1000, you'd be too stingy to pay $60 to ensure its valued and insured correctly?

The dilemma I have is I have no idea what they are worth. Currently contemplating purchasing more items for the collection and if I do get them I think I will need to get a valuation done. At the moment the item I consider the best piece I can't do any research on the internet as it doesn't exist. Also have another item that I think I can't place a value on at present as it is from a recent event and I have purchased it for its uniqueness and in years to come will only increase in value.
heater31

Postby Booney » Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:58 am

heater31 wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:

The dilemma I have is I have no idea what they are worth. Currently contemplating purchasing more items for the collection and if I do get them I think I will need to get a valuation done. At the moment the item I consider the best piece I can't do any research on the internet as it doesn't exist. Also have another item that I think I can't place a value on at present as it is from a recent event and I have purchased it for its uniqueness and in years to come will only increase in value.

If they're unique and/or sentimental value almost impossible to price as you note so I'd add a figure to my insurance, call it $10k, just to cover yourself.

If you think the $10k would add too much to your premium, cal it $8k....very tough to know, but I'd rather have something covered than nothing.

Can you imagine, someone at an insurance company grizzling about helping a customer out.....you know who is always right, don't you?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7494 times
Been liked: 10781 times

Postby heater31 » Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:10 pm

Booney wrote:Can you imagine, someone at an insurance company grizzling about helping a customer out.....you know who is always right, don't you?

I have contacted my insurance company and the 'representative' has given some advice.

All sorted as my estimated value of all items is well below what they need for it to be listed on the policy.
heater31

Postby Footy Chick » Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:19 pm

Booney wrote:
heater31 wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:

If they're unique and/or sentimental value almost impossible to price as you note so I'd add a figure to my insurance, call it $10k, just to cover yourself.

If you think the $10k would add too much to your premium, cal it $8k....very tough to know, but I'd rather have something covered than nothing.

Can you imagine, someone at an insurance company grizzling about helping a customer out.....you know who is always right, don't you?

Yes but a sentimental piece can be worth diddly squat - why increase your insurance policy by thousands unneccessarily - that's why we ask for valuations, it's not up to us or even you for that matter to value a potentially valuable item. Let the experts determine what it's worth but unfortunately it all comes at a cost. small cost when you consider what something might be worth.

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Postby Booney » Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:21 pm

heater31 wrote:
Booney wrote:Can you imagine, someone at an insurance company grizzling about helping a customer out.....you know who is always right, don't you?

I have contacted my insurance company and the 'representative' has given some advice.

All sorted as my estimated value of all items is well below what they need for it to be listed on the policy.

Good news.

With my insurance for my car through Shannons, they offer extra $5k of "Enthusiasts Cover", this covers what is most likely to be in an enthusiasts shed such as spare parts, memorabilia, vehicle accessories at no extra charge. ( Yes, I know, it's probably built into my premium, but I have nothing but glowing praise for Shannons, their customer service and ability to manage claims. Excellent indeed )
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Psyber » Wed Apr 15, 2015 1:26 pm

Footy Chick wrote:
This used to shit me with insurance customers who had $15000 rings but bitched about having to pay extra to insure them, or to pay $100 to get them valued..
FIne, insure your item for possibly $10k less than what its worth, no skin off our nose.

Insuring jewellery is problematical as determining the real worth is tricky...

I still have my late wife's engagement ring, last valued in 2007 at about $8K.
As 6 years have gone by since her death, I've thought it was time to move on, but the Jeweller who made it in 1982 and has valued it in the past said he could sell it on commission and I may get $2K (less his 20% commission).

Lesson: Don't buy jewellery.

For insurance, as it is not leaving the house, it is covered under my household contents at my insurer's maximum without a valuation, which is more than I would get if it were sold. (I paid $690 for it in 1982.)
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 390 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby JK » Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:30 pm

Can you get Pork or Bacon from a Guinea Pig?
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4461 times
Been liked: 2988 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby mickey » Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:39 pm

Isn't that where short cut bacon comes from? [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH]
mickey
Coach

Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 313 times
Grassroots Team: Seaton Ramblers

Postby helicopterking » Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:51 pm

If an unsealed road is closed, am I able to still go on it if I'm local traffic?
helicopterking
Coach

Has liked: 298 times
Been liked: 667 times

Postby Footy Chick » Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:25 pm

mickey wrote:Isn't that where short cut bacon comes from? [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH]

Ok, well that explains that picture I saw on FB over the last week - the bacon from Woolies. ;)

Footy Chick

Postby Mythical Creature » Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:10 am

Why dont sheep shrink when it rains???
If you don't like it, change it. If you don't want to change it, it can't be that bad!
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Has liked: 189 times
Been liked: 237 times
Grassroots Team: United

Postby Pseudo » Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:06 am

Mythical Creature wrote:Why dont sheep shrink when it rains???

Because they don't get put in a tumble dryer afterwards...
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1559 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby Stumps » Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:52 pm

Stumps wrote:Anyone now a decent affordable concreter. Small job. Shed floor and path

i repeat
Stumps....
Stumps
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 45 times

Postby The Ash Man » Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:12 pm

heater31 wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:

I have quite a collection too.
It is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it.
I keep all my COAs at my parents house and just have copies of them at home just in case.
The collection has more sentimental value than monetary I think
The Ash Man
Coach

Has liked: 381 times
Been liked: 260 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:16 pm

Stumps wrote:
Stumps wrote:Anyone now a decent affordable concreter. Small job. Shed floor and path

i repeat

Precision concrete I think its called based at seaford area
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11853 times
Been liked: 3601 times

Postby heater31 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:31 pm

The Ash Man wrote:
heater31 wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:

I have quite a collection too.
It is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it.
I keep all my COAs at my parents house and just have copies of them at home just in case.
The collection has more sentimental value than monetary I think

It's more the personally signed items that I'm worried about. Going to settle on the RRP of the item for now as the person is still alive. When they join Ritchie Benaud then I may have to do something more substantial about protecting it.

For now I'm going to keep on adding items you never know what sort of bargains you might stumble upon.
heater31

Postby Booney » Fri Apr 17, 2015 4:31 pm

General Discussion board, 17th April 2015.

Dead I say, dead....nothing shit anyone today, nothing made anyone laugh, nobody needed to know anything.

**** me!
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion