I need to know....

Anything!

Re: I need to know....

Postby amber_fluid » Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:52 pm

helicopterking wrote:After being screwed around with Optus and NBN for over a month, they can get fu?@#$, I'm looking for just Broadband Internet at reasonable price. What are some of the plans you guys have and is the service standard ok and is the speed good.
Cheers

I think iinet is the best for service and price.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2224 times
Been liked: 2514 times

Postby Brodlach » Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:16 pm

helicopterking wrote:After being screwed around with Optus and NBN for over a month, they can get fu?@#$, I'm looking for just Broadband Internet at reasonable price. What are some of the plans you guys have and is the service standard ok and is the speed good.
Cheers

We pay $29.95 for 250GB through Adam/iiNet and rarely have an issue
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby bennymacca » Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:30 pm

iiNet or internode are the best.

Tpg slightly cheaper but not quite as good. But still better than Telstra or Optus.

Imo
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Pseudo » Tue Jul 26, 2016 11:12 pm

Your council rates is determined by your property value.

Is this the undeveloped land value, or the value of land plus buildings?
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1557 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby Jase » Tue Jul 26, 2016 11:46 pm

Pseudo wrote:Your council rates is determined by your property value.

Land plus buildings I reckon... there is no way the value that they have put on our rates notice is just for the land...

If so, the land value has doubled in 2.5 years
Jase
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1479 times
Been liked: 551 times

Postby nuggety goodness » Wed Jul 27, 2016 1:47 am

Is it possible to go from prepubescence to grandpa while skipping all the masculine steps in between?

I have what i initially thought were clear or colourless hairs on my chin and considering i couldn't grow facial hair if my life depended on it i assumed they were just a lingering reminder of my pathetic beard growing skills. Problem is the hair is now as thick as the proper chin hair which has a vague semblance of maculinity but instead of clear they almost look grey now... i pluck them regularly, (maybe i have a mild case of trichotillomania) but they are not changing...

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
I am not talking to you for 3 minutes because you punched me in the head and it hurt and that was not okay for you to do
nuggety goodness
League - Top 5

Has liked: 329 times
Been liked: 219 times
Grassroots Team: Ovingham

Postby Magellan » Wed Jul 27, 2016 6:04 am

Jase wrote:

Land plus buildings I reckon... there is no way the value that they have put on our rates notice is just for the land...

Yep, it's the latter, known as 'capital value' (the value of a parcel of land including 'improvements').
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:38 am

nuggety goodness wrote:Is it possible to go from prepubescence to grandpa while skipping all the masculine steps in between?

I have what i initially thought were clear or colourless hairs on my chin and considering i couldn't grow facial hair if my life depended on it i assumed they were just a lingering reminder of my pathetic beard growing skills. Problem is the hair is now as thick as the proper chin hair which has a vague semblance of maculinity but instead of clear they almost look grey now... i pluck them regularly, (maybe i have a mild case of trichotillomania) but they are not changing...

George clooney
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11839 times
Been liked: 3597 times

Postby helicopterking » Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:43 am

Brodlach wrote:
Cheers

Is it WI-FI or NBN?
helicopterking
Coach

Has liked: 298 times
Been liked: 667 times

Postby MW » Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:01 am

nuggety goodness wrote:Is it possible to go from prepubescence to grandpa while skipping all the masculine steps in between?

This has happened to me twice. I had a patch the size of 5c piece on my chin that I thought was bald but turned out to be white. It stayed like that for about 6 months then slowly turned back to the original beard colour. It happened again but in a different location.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2598 times
Been liked: 1844 times

Postby Pseudo » Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:24 am

Magellan wrote:
Jase wrote:

Yep, it's the latter, known as 'capital value' (the value of a parcel of land including 'improvements').

Okay. That explains why my rates bill has doubled. :evil:
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Been liked: 1557 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby HH3 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:56 am

helicopterking wrote:
Brodlach wrote:
Cheers

Is it WI-FI or NBN?

We currently have iiNet $59.95 a month for 500Gb with Naked DSL.

We had the 200Gb plan for the same price, but were upgraded for free about a year ago.

Our internet is crazy good. We've had NBN before in a previous rental, and this isn't any different except if you're downloading big files.

We stream Netflix, Stan, Foxtel Go etc in HD with no buffering or drops in quality ever. We always have at least two services running with no issues.

We're moving over the next couple of weeks, so hopefully we get similar internet at the new place.
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2433 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby bennymacca » Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:10 pm

helicopterking wrote:
Brodlach wrote:
Cheers

Is it WI-FI or NBN?

I think you mean Adsl - but its certainly not NBN at that price - even for adsl thats insanely good
bennymacca
Coach

Postby Brodlach » Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:07 pm

bennymacca wrote:
helicopterking wrote:
Brodlach wrote:
Cheers

Is it WI-FI or NBN?

I think you mean Adsl - but its certainly not NBN at that price - even for adsl thats insanely good

ADSL

Like HH3 they have upped our available data at no cost over the past 12 months.
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Keefy » Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:14 pm

Brodlach wrote:
bennymacca wrote:
helicopterking wrote:
Brodlach wrote:[quote="helicopterking"]After being screwed around with Optus and NBN for over a month, they can get fu?@#$, I'm looking for just Broadband Internet at reasonable price. What are some of the plans you guys have and is the service standard ok and is the speed good.
Cheers

Is it WI-FI or NBN?

ADSL

Like HH3 they have upped our available data at no cost over the past 12 months.[/quote]

I'm with iinet as well and just had my data upped from 1 TB to limitless for no extra charge
Keefy
League - Best 21

Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 182 times
Grassroots Team: Ironbank

Postby bennymacca » Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:18 pm

both of those limits are pretty much the same thing anyway, just a marketing exercise really.

To get 1TB of data you would have to stream HD video for 11 hours a day. I guess there would be some people that would do that!
bennymacca
Coach

Postby Gozu » Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:57 pm

I'm by no means tech savvy and I'm not sure about signing on at a smaller download limit and then being bumped up to unlimited but I remember reading from people that supposedly know about these things to never sign up to unlimited download limit (like TPG) because all those with a download limit of some kind get bumped ahead of you at the exchange essentially making those on unlimited second-rate internet users. I don't know if this was specific to TPG or not but I had also read they were notorious for how bad their customer service was so I always steered clear of them.

I'm on iiNet (originally Adam Internet) and although too reluctant to go somewhere else they've been pretty average ever since they took over Adam Internet. I've had constant problems with them since but Adam Internet were excellent.
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Been liked: 660 times

Postby Spangas » Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:06 pm

Gozu wrote: I'm on iiNet (originally Adam Internet) and although too reluctant to go somewhere else they've been pretty average ever since they took over Adam Internet. I've had constant problems with them since but Adam Internet were excellent.

I was with Adam for 5 years as they were local, but left after they were taken over by iiNet.
I apologise.
Spangas
Under 16s

Has liked: 118 times
Been liked: 103 times

Postby Wedgie » Thu Jul 28, 2016 2:16 pm

Has the stock changed at the Queen Victoria Markets in 30 years?
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2042 times
Been liked: 3886 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Booney » Thu Jul 28, 2016 2:25 pm

Wedgie wrote:Has the stock changed at the Queen Victoria Markets in 30 years?

No. Same shit, different era.

However, if you're looking for a rip off Harley shirt with a big eagle on it, a lace up leather vest and some Johnny Rebs you're in the right spot!
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7487 times
Been liked: 10772 times

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion