Punk Rooster
Coach

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 16 times
Grassroots Team: Fitzroy

Re: SAAFL Div 5 & Div 5R (2011)

Postby valleys07 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:19 am

Ill kick things off then!

Personally cant wait for next season. Looks to be a pretty even comp with no real standouts (without knowing too much about opposition changes).

Id expect out of the newies that West Croydon will be strong and looking forward to re-igniting our rivalry. Lockleys with the rumoured losses of corbett and mickan will need to recruit to make the 5. Dont know much about sals. west and woody south though.

As for hope valley....major positive being the retention of our coaches across all senior grades for next season so its all about recruiting and keeping the core A grade squad together. Nothing but finals will be acceptable for the A's this year and we can expect a tough pre-season starting nov 23rd. Cant wait!
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

HOGG Shield 2015 Division I Premiers.
HOGG Shield 2017 Premier League Premiers.
valleys07
Coach

Has liked: 767 times
Been liked: 1169 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby BFG » Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:30 am

valleys07 wrote:Ill kick things off then!

Personally cant wait for next season. Looks to be a pretty even comp with no real standouts (without knowing too much about opposition changes).

Id expect out of the newies that West Croydon will be strong and looking forward to re-igniting our rivalry. Lockleys with the rumoured losses of corbett and mickan will need to recruit to make the 5. Dont know much about sals. west and woody south though.

As for hope valley....major positive being the retention of our coaches across all senior grades for next season so its all about recruiting and keeping the core A grade squad together. Nothing but finals will be acceptable for the A's this year and we can expect a tough pre-season starting nov 23rd. Cant wait!

heard vessali might be leaving west croydon to head back to portland? any truth to this?
BFG
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 25 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby S Demon » Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:04 pm

From Hills country
Howgdizhe wrote:GEE ROBRAN...gumies have recruited bellman, rv, hickey, lee and scott mac and believe Dmac junior might be following, all from the lodge... they are huge pick ups.. huge hole to fill down there at tigerland....

mr beefy wrote:No idea if true or not
S Demon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 370 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Iron Fist » Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:13 pm

BFG wrote:

heard vessali might be leaving west croydon to head back to portland? any truth to this?

Not sure if he has made a decision but Portland have spoken to him and would definately love him in 2011 and many years beyond. Believe one or 2 other clubs have spoken to him aswell
get on board the thunder train!!!
Iron Fist
Veteran

Has liked: 77 times
Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Portland

Postby Bigshow82 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:07 pm

S Demon wrote:From Hills country
Howgdizhe wrote:GEE ROBRAN...gumies have recruited bellman, rv, hickey, lee and scott mac and believe Dmac junior might be following, all from the lodge... they are huge pick ups.. huge hole to fill down there at tigerland....

mr beefy wrote:No idea if true or not

S Demon players leave but as players leave it opens the door for players to enter.
No hiding the fact though that the Prelim loss has hurt.
Bigshow82
League Bench Warmer

Been liked: 35 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Bluedemon » Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:38 pm

and dont forget the goal kicking practice on that day, happy to help you out with some tips.
SAFooty.net, where you hear the community football news first
Bluedemon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 83 times
Been liked: 97 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby The Dark Knight » Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:38 pm

I expect season 2011 to be another very tough and entertaing one in div 5. I picked HV and Plympton as my Grand Finalists and I expect both teams to do well.

IMO, if their A grade squad stays together, Plympton after being the benchmark club of div 5 over the past three seasons should push harder than ever before for that elusive Division 5 premiership. HV after playing finals in 2010 should be a stronger team than last year and will push for finals again.

With some of the early reports coming from BL that some of their higher profile players are looking to leave, it's not the best way for the Lodge to kick off their 2011 campaign, but I'm sure they will push for finals yet again. I also think that Rossies will play finals aswell, after a strong last half of the 2010 season.

IMO both WC and Lockleys won't go as well as some people think, same with SW coming down. As for Woody South, I think they might surprise a few people and be a competitive outfit under a new coach.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10329 times
Been liked: 1519 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby lovetotalkfooty » Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:53 pm

Looks like the wheels are falling off the brahma lodge band wagon big time. After the massive offseason losses I would expect them to struggle to win a game in 2011. Good luck to who ever is left at the club next year and hope who ever is last out remembers to turn the lights out.

Get on the Bulldogs bandwagon in 2011.
Check out the Brahma Lodge Football Club website at www.blfc.com.au
lovetotalkfooty
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 37 times
Grassroots Team: Brahma Lodge

Postby woodublieve12 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:08 pm

lovetotalkfooty wrote:Looks like the wheels are falling off the brahma lodge band wagon big time. After the massive offseason losses I would expect them to struggle to win a game in 2011. Good luck to who ever is left at the club next year and hope who ever is last out remembers to turn the lights out.

lame attempt to divert the attention... :lol:

quick query, why are these blokes leaving? just not satified?
not sure why they would leave a side which is goin so good...
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3025 times
Been liked: 2401 times

Postby lovetotalkfooty » Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:35 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:
lovetotalkfooty wrote:Looks like the wheels are falling off the brahma lodge band wagon big time. After the massive offseason losses I would expect them to struggle to win a game in 2011. Good luck to who ever is left at the club next year and hope who ever is last out remembers to turn the lights out.

Some people think that the grass is always greener on the other side. As for diverting attention..... I would not be so sure. The side that takes the park in 2011 will probably have 10 - 12 new faces. That is not a lie.
Check out the Brahma Lodge Football Club website at www.blfc.com.au
lovetotalkfooty
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 37 times
Grassroots Team: Brahma Lodge

Postby Bluedemon » Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:47 pm

season 2011 hasnt started yet and you are already jumping off the wagon. Support the club which ever way you can if you are a true brahma supporter.
Bluedemon
Assistant Coach

Postby Bigshow82 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:14 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:

WUB12 when you recruit a group of players from one club and then find yourself coming up against that club the next season some of the recruits find it hard to play against that club. Some of which played most there juniors for that club. Whilst most will not go back there because they do not want to play against us due to enjoying there time with us in 2010 some have which is a little dissappointing. This is why in my previous post I said there is no hiding that the prelim loss has hurt.

In saying this there is a couple leaving because as LTTF said they think the grass is greener on the other side.

Also we have Haysey heading back to EP for a crack at div 1. You can not hold that against the guy or anyone else that leaves to have a crack at a higher div.

But do not let this fool you there is a lot of hard work going on behind the scenes to ensure we field a competetive side again in 2011.
Bigshow82
League Bench Warmer

Been liked: 35 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Demon Juke » Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:24 pm

lovetotalkfooty wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:

Some people think that the grass is always greener on the other side. As for diverting attention..... I would not be so sure. The side that takes the park in 2011 will probably have 10 - 12 new faces. That is not a lie.

Not trying to be to harsh lovetotalkfooty but most of those players where players that the club secured in the last couple of years from other clubs. I know most blokes will change from 1 club to maybe 2 in their careers but most players today seem to switch clubs every 1/2 years and end up playing for 6 or so clubs in their career. Money will wreck all football clubs, just look at Gumeracha a few years a go and they are going down that same path again.
Demon Juke
League - Best 21

Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 69 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:43 am

Which Bulldogs?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:56 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:

Which Bulldogs?

the western bulldogs???? centrals?
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3025 times
Been liked: 2401 times

Postby newbloke » Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:45 am

Not having a go at your club LTTF but diff these guys go to the Lodge for the wring reasons in the first place? I'm sure the club didnt feel bad taking the players from other clubs. I'm sure it opens the door for others to go there now
newbloke

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby human blanket #3 » Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:05 am

just remember brahma sat 6 games clear from everyone in div 5 last season so yes they are big losses but they do have a big gap on other teams. they lost payney and walton (150 goals between last year) and still dominated div 5. im sure brahma will gain a couple and if they were paying these players big bucks then they will have a bit to spend hey?

any news on rosies this year? considering they did a bit of recruiting midseason last year, i expect them to continue the trend
human blanket #3
Under 18s

Grassroots Team: Hectorville

Postby Bluedemon » Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:16 am

human blanket #3 wrote:just remember brahma sat 6 games clear from everyone in div 5 last season so yes they are big losses but they do have a big gap on other teams. they lost payney and walton (150 goals between last year) and still dominated div 5. im sure brahma will gain a couple and if they were paying these players big bucks then they will have a bit to spend hey?

any news on rosies this year? considering they did a bit of recruiting midseason last year, i expect them to continue the trend

if they dominated Div 5 last year, why are they still in that grade?
Bluedemon
Assistant Coach

Postby hawkseye » Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:21 am

kookas wrote:
human blanket #3 wrote:just remember brahma sat 6 games clear from everyone in div 5 last season so yes they are big losses but they do have a big gap on other teams. they lost payney and walton (150 goals between last year) and still dominated div 5. im sure brahma will gain a couple and if they were paying these players big bucks then they will have a bit to spend hey?

if they dominated Div 5 last year, why are they still in that grade?

Yep thats the important question. Answer is they arent as dominant when it counts.
Thats what im talkin aboooouuuut!!!!!!
hawkseye
League - Top 5

Grassroots Team: West Croydon

Next

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League