The South Australian Political Landscape

Labor, Liberal, Greens, Democrats? Here's the place to discuss.

Re: The South Australian Political Landscape

Postby stan » Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:59 pm

Jimmy_041 wrote:
stan wrote:
mighty_tiger_79 wrote:well we can start with contaminated soil and air down near the old Mitsi site

and the latest is with Families SA

Both are cases of politicans handling something in there normal way. And thats to dick it up. Libs or Labour would have cocked these up the same. I think a review of the entire Families SA department is required.

More people are coming out saying there is a culture of cover up in Families SA and unless you're "in" you're going to be sorted "out"
Some very interesting people in that department. Go into the office and have a look one day....................

Sounds scary to be honest. Worrying times ahead.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby bennymacca » Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:02 pm

Definitely seems that way given the stories that have come out
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby stan » Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:42 pm

I think its fair to say the government need to get control of this.
stan
Coach

Postby Jimmy_041 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:16 pm

stan wrote:I think its fair to say the government need to get control of this.

Considering the Weatherill's presidential style, will he go overseas for his "business trip" to the Tour de France?
Can he afford to or will the state of South Vahalla crumble without his magnificent presence? :Hangman:
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1072 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby dedja » Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:47 pm

Chicken Little syndrome happening here ...

With what I've read on this issue I'm not sure what the Minister or Premier could have done to prevent it.

Let them review to get to the bottom of it.

I know it hurts Jimmy but the Libs managed to lose another election ... again. 8)

Scaremongering won't change that.
It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt
dedja
Coach

Has liked: 176 times
Been liked: 992 times

Postby Jimmy_041 » Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:24 am

You are probably right that neither party could have stopped it other than by a major change in PS management which is the inherent gain in any change of government. But have they lied by saying there was no warning or previous form with this bloke? It appears that there may have been, so what do they do? Batten down the hatches and try to spin their way out of it. That is their crime.

BTW I'm glad Labor won Dedja
You haven't heard me bitch about the 53-47 vote. It is what it is and now they have to wallow in their own filth.
I want to enjoy them go down hard - which they are successfully doing
Who does it hurt most? The very people who voted them back in.
But, then again, Jay4SA did promise not to leave anyone behind on the way down, so we all will get to enjoy it
Jimmy_041
Coach

Postby dedja » Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:01 am

Correct on the public service and let's see what happens on the political spin side ... you may or may not be right, time will tell.

On the election result, there's no gerrymander, just a quirk in that Labor are holding a few seats by a bee's appendage, whilst the Libs have far more safer seats, and so Labor are able to spend their finite resources holding them whilst the Libs time and time again, mis-manage election campaigns through a combination or arrogance, in-fighting and just plain stupidity.

Labor have had their time but the Libs keep giving them the kiss of life. It's not out of the question for Labor to win the next election (at the moment it's more than likely), so what does that say about the Libs?

It says that they are an absolute shambles and that Marshall should go back to whatever he was doing before because he's out of his depth. They should also have a massive clean out to rid the party of the Hatfields and McCoys.

A strong opposition makes good government, we've had a shambles on both sides for far too long, but Labor just manage to outsmart the Libs on just about every occasion.
It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt
dedja
Coach

Postby Jimmy_041 » Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:23 pm

dedja wrote:Correct on the public service and let's see what happens on the political spin side ... you may or may not be right, time will tell.

On the election result, there's no gerrymander, just a quirk in that Labor are holding a few seats by a bee's appendage, whilst the Libs have far more safer seats, and so Labor are able to spend their finite resources holding them whilst the Libs time and time again, mis-manage election campaigns through a combination or arrogance, in-fighting and just plain stupidity.

Labor have had their time but the Libs keep giving them the kiss of life. It's not out of the question for Labor to win the next election (at the moment it's more than likely), so what does that say about the Libs?

It says that they are an absolute shambles and that Marshall should go back to whatever he was doing before because he's out of his depth. They should also have a massive clean out to rid the party of the Hatfields and McCoys.

A strong opposition makes good government, we've had a shambles on both sides for far too long, but Labor just manage to outsmart the Libs on just about every occasion.

Agree, but the gerrymander is actually the number of South Australian in the public service and reliant on welfare.
Jimmy_041
Coach

Postby Jimmy_041 » Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:36 pm

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/south-australia/state-government-to-launch-ad-11m-campaign-attacking-898m-federal-budget-cuts-to-south-australian-health-and-education/story-fni6uo1m-1227000546709#social-comments

Dear Mr Premier, let me tell you a little story to try to show how this little gig of yours does not pass the smell test.

Little Jay lived with his mother and she gave him $5pw pocket money. Now, Mum had to go away for a while so Little Jay went to live with his Dad. Now Little Jay’s Dad hadn’t been the best father so he immediately increased his pocket money to $7pw to try to make up for lost time. Little Jay was the most popular kid in the class buying lollies for all of his mates with his new found wealth and said “there’s plenty more in the next few years guys”.

Little Jay’s Mum eventually came home and, in accordance with the custody judgement, said Jay had to move back in. Jay, realising that his pocket money would be cut, complained to Dad. Dad said “Little Jay, if you stay with me, I will increase your pocket money by $5pw for the next 10 years”. Little Jay told his Mum he was happy staying with his Dad. Now, Jay’s Mum went to Family Court and had the custody order enforced. Little Jay was forced to move back with his Mum who said he could keep the pocket money rate at $7pw (because she thought it would be too hard to change it back) but said she would only increase it by $1pw annually thereafter.

You see Mum was very careful with her money and lived within a budget. She owned her own house and had no other loans. On the other hand, Dad lived off welfare, rented his house and had no money because he wasted it drinking and gambling with his friends.

Little Jay cried “I’ve been ripped off. I can’t live on this money and Dad promised to increase it by $5pw so you have to”

Jay’s Mum said: “I’m sorry Little Jay, but we can’t afford it”. “But Dad said we could, so you have to” demanded Little Jay. “I’m sorry, but no Little Jay, Daddy was just trying to buy your affection with money he never had” said Little Jay’s Mum who had to live within her budget.

So, what did Little Jay do? He went to all of his mates, led by his big mate Little Tom, and organised them to harass his Mum for more money like his Dad was going to give him. Little Jay’s Dad sat back and smiled as his plan to upset the Mother – Son relationship worked like a treat and his son did his dirty work for him...........

Hopefully that explains the current situation and why you are wasting over $1m on your media propaganda
Jimmy_041
Coach

Postby Jimmy_041 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:39 am

Jennifer Rankine too scared to come on radio this morning?
No doubt now, when in strife, only Jay4Royalcommissions, Mumbles and Rau are the go to men

Interesting discussion

So, in the words of the Premier:

"The alleged acts of a Families SA child carer at a government-run residential-care facility may be “one of the most catastrophic events in Australian history”, Premier Jay Weatherill said today."

Yet, no-one received a written briefing.
The Minister, nor the CEO of the Dept asked to see his file

Now, they apparently cannot comment on his past, yet last week, they went to great pains to say he had no prior form.
This was after they sat on it for week to get their story right.

What makes this whole thing worse, (and I refer back to Dedja's comment that neither side could have stopped this) when the first allegation against this person was made last year, somebody in the dept investigated it and decided there was nothing in it. They didn't refer it to the Police. He was then given a promotion and pay rise for the inconvenience. But, apparently, nothing unusual in Families SA.

Seriously, what are these people thinking????

Wasn't Jay4SA in charge of this Dept not long ago
Jimmy_041
Coach

Postby stan » Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:01 am

Harrison, Degennaro, Bartley amd Andrews gone.

Rankoine would have to be next.
stan
Coach

Postby stan » Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:02 am

Portolesi was hopeless in the rile and seiously Rankine is almost into Hansen Young territory.
stan
Coach

Postby dedja » Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:04 pm

If we're making a list, then Russell Wortley needs to be at the top.
dedja
Coach

Postby stan » Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:04 pm

dedja wrote:If we're making a list, then Russell Wortley needs to be at the top.

Just people from that department that are gone.
stan
Coach

Postby tipper » Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:35 pm

dedja wrote:If we're making a list, then Russell Wortley needs to be at the top.

finnigan??
tipper
League - Top 5

Has liked: 359 times
Been liked: 531 times
Grassroots Team: Peake

Postby Jimmy_041 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:22 pm

tipper wrote:

finnigan??

He seems to have a finger in every pie
Jimmy_041
Coach

Postby dedja » Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:10 pm

A bit juvenile perhaps?
dedja
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:53 pm

likes them without whiskers on their chinnegan
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Roxy the Rat Girl » Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:14 pm

Jimmy_041 wrote:http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/south-australia/state-government-to-launch-ad-11m-campaign-attacking-898m-federal-budget-cuts-to-south-australian-health-and-education/story-fni6uo1m-1227000546709#social-comments

Dear Mr Premier, let me tell you a little story to try to show how this little gig of yours does not pass the smell test.

Little Jay lived with his mother and she gave him $5pw pocket money. Now, Mum had to go away for a while so Little Jay went to live with his Dad. Now Little Jay’s Dad hadn’t been the best father so he immediately increased his pocket money to $7pw to try to make up for lost time. Little Jay was the most popular kid in the class buying lollies for all of his mates with his new found wealth and said “there’s plenty more in the next few years guys”.

Little Jay’s Mum eventually came home and, in accordance with the custody judgement, said Jay had to move back in. Jay, realising that his pocket money would be cut, complained to Dad. Dad said “Little Jay, if you stay with me, I will increase your pocket money by $5pw for the next 10 years”. Little Jay told his Mum he was happy staying with his Dad. Now, Jay’s Mum went to Family Court and had the custody order enforced. Little Jay was forced to move back with his Mum who said he could keep the pocket money rate at $7pw (because she thought it would be too hard to change it back) but said she would only increase it by $1pw annually thereafter.

You see Mum was very careful with her money and lived within a budget. She owned her own house and had no other loans. On the other hand, Dad lived off welfare, rented his house and had no money because he wasted it drinking and gambling with his friends.

Little Jay cried “I’ve been ripped off. I can’t live on this money and Dad promised to increase it by $5pw so you have to”

Jay’s Mum said: “I’m sorry Little Jay, but we can’t afford it”. “But Dad said we could, so you have to” demanded Little Jay. “I’m sorry, but no Little Jay, Daddy was just trying to buy your affection with money he never had” said Little Jay’s Mum who had to live within her budget.

So, what did Little Jay do? He went to all of his mates, led by his big mate Little Tom, and organised them to harass his Mum for more money like his Dad was going to give him. Little Jay’s Dad sat back and smiled as his plan to upset the Mother – Son relationship worked like a treat and his son did his dirty work for him...........

Hopefully that explains the current situation and why you are wasting over $1m on your media propaganda

Who is Little Jay's mum and dad?
"cricket is the most important activity in men's lives, the most important thread in the fabric of the cosmos"
Roxy the Rat Girl
Under 18s

Has liked: 41 times
Been liked: 34 times
Grassroots Team: Langhorne Creek

Postby Dogwatcher » Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:56 pm

tipper wrote:

finnigan??

Trial date set for April
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  Politics