Things that you don't understand

Anything!

Re: Things that you don't understand

Postby fisho mcspaz » Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:35 am

Same. That's me every time I eat Macca's. I know it's going to make me feel ill but I still have a good whinge afterwards.
Hey Goose, ya big stud! Take me to bed or lose me for ever.
fisho mcspaz
League - Top 5

Has liked: 84 times
Been liked: 111 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby bennymacca » Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:44 am

late to this thread, but just thought i would comment on a few things.

dedja wrote:How a large commercial airliner can go missing for 2 days without a trace.

Comparing this 'lost' plane to those lost 50 years ago is meaningless, the vast array of modern technology should have seen to a rapid identification of the location.

its harder than you think. Not sure what you mean by "modern technology," but you cant just say radar will pick it up if you havent designed that radar system for that specific job, if that makes sense. And you aint gonna have radar coverage in the south indian ocean.

RustyCage wrote:
The Sleeping Giant wrote:Cool story bro. Except it would have still been on radar.

Found out today that there are actually significant chunks of various flight paths where there is no radar coverage. Also, it's up to each individual airline whether or not they allow crew on board to be able to disable any radar or tracking functions on the plane.

when you say radar coverage, the main tracking technology is a transponder in the plane that broadcasts the plane's position and the ground stations passively listen. Full two way active radar isnt really used in commercial settings.
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby fisho mcspaz » Sun May 11, 2014 11:21 am

Why people would rather lose their families than get help for their problems.
Hey Goose, ya big stud! Take me to bed or lose me for ever.
fisho mcspaz
League - Top 5

Has liked: 84 times
Been liked: 111 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby bennymacca » Sun May 11, 2014 12:32 pm

I'm gonna take a guess here, but addiction and pride are both very complex and powerful things.
bennymacca
Coach

Postby Spargo » Mon May 12, 2014 10:44 am

Cyclists that wear black clothing.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5487 times
Been liked: 5126 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Mon May 12, 2014 11:05 am

Spargo wrote:Cyclists that wear black clothing.

and no lights when riding in the dark :roll:
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11853 times
Been liked: 3601 times

Postby dedja » Mon May 12, 2014 12:09 pm

white's not a good look in the wet ...
It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt
dedja
Coach

Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 996 times

Postby nuggety goodness » Mon May 12, 2014 12:31 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:
Spargo wrote:Cyclists that wear black clothing.

and no lights when riding in the dark :roll:

Njnjas?

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk
I am not talking to you for 3 minutes because you punched me in the head and it hurt and that was not okay for you to do
nuggety goodness
League - Top 5

Has liked: 329 times
Been liked: 219 times
Grassroots Team: Ovingham

Postby Spargo » Wed May 14, 2014 4:20 pm

That parents of a newborn child STILL haven't decided on a name.
Give or take, let's say you have 8 months knowing bubs is on the way. That's roughly 35 weeks. That's roughly 245 days/nights. What are these people doing that they can't find the time to make what I would've thought, a pretty bloody important decision.
I genuinely feel sorry for babies that enter the world nameless, if their parents haven't made this call with shitloads of notice, well......... good luck kid for the next 15-20 years.

Spargo
Coach

Postby Footy Chick » Wed May 14, 2014 4:33 pm

in some cases this might not be a bad thing.

Throughout my Mums pregnancy, my father insisted that my name was going to be Brandy if I was a girl. :shock: :shock:

Thankfully common sense prevailed after I popped out. I think it took them a couple of days of solid arguing to finally agree on Lisa :lol:
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby heater31 » Wed May 14, 2014 4:42 pm

Spargo wrote:That parents of a newborn child STILL haven't decided on a name.
Give or take, let's say you have 8 months knowing bubs is on the way. That's roughly 35 weeks. That's roughly 245 days/nights. What are these people doing that they can't find the time to make what I would've thought, a pretty bloody important decision.
I genuinely feel sorry for babies that enter the world nameless, if their parents haven't made this call with shitloads of notice, well......... good luck kid for the next 15-20 years.

Yep they have all this time and settle for Princess Miss Goody Two Shoes or something of that ilk :shock: :roll:
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby dedja » Wed May 14, 2014 4:46 pm

Our last child was born at 27 weeks, we didn't have a name, but agreed on one by the end of the day.

It's actually not as easy as you think.
It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt
dedja
Coach

Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 996 times

Postby Footy Chick » Wed May 14, 2014 5:00 pm

dedja wrote:

Our last child was born at 27 weeks, we didn't have a name, but agreed on one by the end of the day.

because sometimes, they just dont look like a "< Insert name here>"

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Postby Spargo » Wed May 14, 2014 5:10 pm

dedja wrote:

That's obviously a different circumstance you had dedja.
Also, I never said it was easy, but geez surely a decision could be made with all that time.

Spargo
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Wed May 14, 2014 5:13 pm

My old man wanted to call me Cecil.

thank fk mum is the boss

I dont have kids yet, but i imagine it would be hard, particularly if you are tossing up between two names and cant decide
bennymacca
Coach

Postby Mythical Creature » Wed May 14, 2014 5:24 pm

Its hard naming a kid. We have always been pretty solid on a girls name but we struggled for a boys name. With our first we never committed to a name until we were driving to the hospital.
Now that we are expecting a 2nd kid, we still have the same girls name but are struggling even worse for a boys name. Probably do the same thing and finalise our 2 choices on our drive to the hospital again. :lol:
If you don't like it, change it. If you don't want to change it, it can't be that bad!
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Has liked: 189 times
Been liked: 237 times
Grassroots Team: United

Postby The Ash Man » Wed May 14, 2014 5:28 pm

Mythical Creature wrote:Its hard naming a kid. We have always been pretty solid on a girls name but we struggled for a boys name. With our first we never committed to a name until we were driving to the hospital.
Now that we are expecting a 2nd kid, we still have the same girls name but are struggling even worse for a boys name. Probably do the same thing and finalise our 2 choices on our drive to the hospital again. :lol:

We set our boys name early, rocked up to the hospital still without a girls name

Thank **** he's a boy
The Ash Man
Coach

Has liked: 381 times
Been liked: 260 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby heater31 » Wed May 14, 2014 5:30 pm

Mythical Creature wrote:Its hard naming a kid. We have always been pretty solid on a girls name but we struggled for a boys name. With our first we never committed to a name until we were driving to the hospital.

My sister's name came from the last name of one of the doctors that mum used. Although I told her that it came from a brand of vacuum cleaners......
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby Footy Chick » Wed May 14, 2014 5:30 pm

old fashioned names are becoming fashionable again.

Which is good, because I'd hate to think of a world full of Shaniquas and Deshawns

Footy Chick

Postby Mythical Creature » Wed May 14, 2014 5:44 pm

heater31 wrote:

My sister's name came from the last name of one of the doctors that mum used. Although I told her that it came from a brand of vacuum cleaners......

Similar sort of thing happened, when the Mrs was getting an epidural the anaesthetist came in with a North Melb shirt (must be a good bloke :lol:)
Named our lad Archer.
If you don't like it, change it. If you don't want to change it, it can't be that bad!
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Has liked: 189 times
Been liked: 237 times
Grassroots Team: United

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion