Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

Labor, Liberal, Greens, Democrats? Here's the place to discuss.

Re: Abbott Watch

Postby Sky Pilot » Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:17 am

Meanwhile KRudd is still receiving counselling In between hairdresser appointments
People who bought this book also bought a stool and some rope. Unknown literary critic
Sky Pilot
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: BMW

Postby Bully » Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:36 am

where is bill short...... I mean BD2 these days :D ?
Bully
Coach

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 120 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:55 am

i recently went abbott watching in canberra... here's one of my snaps. i think it's a beauty and its great to see him in his natural habitat with his liberal mates

"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3016 times
Been liked: 2384 times

Postby Bully » Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:41 pm

Yep, and here is what 99% of Australians do when they see Snake in the grass Bill Shorten at a media conference or question time in parliament
Bully
Coach

Postby shoe boy » Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:18 am

woodublieve12 wrote:i recently went abbott watching in canberra... here's one of my snaps. i think it's a beauty and its great to see him in his natural habitat with his liberal mates

Tony can run but you cant hide! ;)
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

Postby tigerhutch » Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:37 pm

Who is more boring Abbott or Shorten ? I think Shorten wins this as Abbott can be fairly entertaining with some of his wacky moments.
Vote for King Thistle and the Wise Old Elf ... you know it makes sense
tigerhutch
Rookie

Has liked: 42 times
Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: Boston

Postby scoob » Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:46 am

Wow - with no media bias during an election campaign to whinge about the ALP followers resort to posting photos of potatoes to argue their politcial stance.

LOL... now where can I find a picture of someone clutching at straws?
scoob
Veteran

Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 87 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:03 am

scoob wrote:Wow - with no media bias during an election campaign to whinge about the ALP followers resort to posting photos of potatoes to argue their politcial stance.

LOL... now where can I find a picture of someone clutching at straws?

as ive stated on here before both our party leaders at the time of the election were spuds, but i felt rudd was a far better option then the other. i don't have a favorite party and i vote on the side who has the better options. for me and my family!

I personally believe Abbott is an embarrassment to this country and a dead set spud!!! Australia's very own George W Bush! his views on life are so outdated. and if i hear him say 'stop the boats' one more time i will punch him in the throat

"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby scoob » Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:46 am

I believe you and everything you say because you posted a GIF showing someone punching someone else in the throat
scoob
Veteran

Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 87 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:49 am

scoob wrote:I believe you and everything you say because you posted a GIF showing someone punching someone else in the throat

so you should..
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby Q. » Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:17 am

Need a new Senate so we can bitch about privatisation of HECS and the economically crippling paid maternity leave scheme.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Bully » Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:18 pm

Bill Shortens New Facebook profile picture ;)
Bully
Coach

Postby Gozu » Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:35 pm

I haven't been following politics much lately but caught the arse-end of The Drum last night and Laurie Oakes was the special guest (launching a new book) and he tore strips off of Scott Morrison for his arrogance and information hiding at his weekly 'stop the boats' press conferences, Oakes said he's basically giving the journos and thus the public the finger and that it's disgusting.

He also said Abbott's approach of hiding himself & Ministers by sending out backbenchers all the time was poor form.
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 659 times

Postby Barto » Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:37 pm

What happened to the boats being turned back?
It's all the SANFL's fault.
Barto
Veteran

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 6 times

Postby Barto » Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:38 pm

Gozu wrote:I haven't been following politics much lately but caught the arse-end of The Drum last night and Laurie Oakes was the special guest (launching a new book) and he tore strips off of Scott Morrison for his arrogance and information hiding at his weekly 'stop the boats' press conferences, Oakes said he's basically giving the journos and thus the public the finger and that it's disgusting.

He also said Abbott's approach of hiding himself & Ministers by sending out backbenchers all the time was poor form.

Oakes is part of the problem, gave them a free run up to the election and is now having a whinge.
It's all the SANFL's fault.
Barto
Veteran

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 6 times

Postby dedja » Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:45 pm

Barto wrote:What happened to the boats being turned back?

non-core promise ... shit happens
It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt
dedja
Coach

Has liked: 157 times
Been liked: 972 times

Postby Gozu » Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:27 pm

I missed this at the time, pretty embarrassing stuff from Abbott:

Tony Abbott's use of a Washington Post interview to brand his Labor predecessors as ''wacko'' and ''embarrassing'' could set back his working relationship with the Obama adminstration, a leading US commentator says.

Norman Ornstein, an author and political scientist with the right-leaning American Enterprise Institute, said he ''winced'' when he read the interview in which Mr Abbott put the boot into the Rudd-Gillard government in unusually strong language for a foreign interview.

''It really does violate a basic principle of diplomacy to drag in your domestic politics when you go abroad,'' Dr Ornstein said. ''It certainly can't help in building a bond of any sort with President Obama to rip into a party, government and - at least implicitly - leader, with whom Obama has worked so closely.

''Perhaps you can chalk it up to a rookie mistake. But it is a pretty big one.''

Politicians around the world typically refrain from engaging in fierce domestic political argument when they are speaking to an overseas audience.

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/ ... z2ixTMuCK8

A leopard never changes it's spots, still the same old Mad Monk.
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 659 times

Postby RustyCage » Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:03 pm

It's not inexperience, he's just an idiot
I'm gonna break my rusty cage and run
RustyCage

Has liked: 1260 times
Been liked: 933 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:39 am

Gozu wrote:I missed this at the time, pretty embarrassing stuff from Abbott:

Tony Abbott's use of a Washington Post interview to brand his Labor predecessors as ''wacko'' and ''embarrassing'' could set back his working relationship with the Obama adminstration, a leading US commentator says.

Norman Ornstein, an author and political scientist with the right-leaning American Enterprise Institute, said he ''winced'' when he read the interview in which Mr Abbott put the boot into the Rudd-Gillard government in unusually strong language for a foreign interview.

''It really does violate a basic principle of diplomacy to drag in your domestic politics when you go abroad,'' Dr Ornstein said. ''It certainly can't help in building a bond of any sort with President Obama to rip into a party, government and - at least implicitly - leader, with whom Obama has worked so closely.

''Perhaps you can chalk it up to a rookie mistake. But it is a pretty big one.''

Politicians around the world typically refrain from engaging in fierce domestic political argument when they are speaking to an overseas audience.

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/ ... z2ixTMuCK8

A leopard never changes it's spots, still the same old Mad Monk.

oh dear...
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby shoe boy » Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:54 am

Tony don't look down the camera lens and tell me "YOU VOTED FOR ME AND I WILL DELIVER"
Get this clear I did not vote for you or anything you stand for!
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  Politics